Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“China said Tuesday this is a time for solidarity and cooperation, not “finger-pointing” and “politicization,” as its top diplomats in New York officially handed over a donation of medical supplies to hard-hit New York City to help tackle the coronavirus pandemic.”

[...]

China’s U.N. Ambassador Zhang Jun stressed the importance of multilateralism, saying “we live in one world” and COVID-19 “knows no borders.”

“We need to support the United Nations and the WHO in playing a leading and coordinating role in defeating COVID-19, the common enemy of all mankind,” he said. “We should stand firm against the politicization of the pandemic and remove all obstacles which hinder our cooperation.”’”

China calls for solidarity not `finger-pointing' on virus

Hold the Chinese government accountable, don't let them off the hook. MOO.

Trudeau: Canadian planes sent to China to pick up medical supplies returned empty

“OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says two planes sent to China to pick up shipments of sorely needed medical supplies were forced to return to Canada empty.

Trudeau told reporters today that the cargo-less planes are an example of the complexities in China when it comes to securing personal protective equipment, which has become a valuable commodity in the global battle against Covid-19.”

It is the time to find out why and where the virus started in China, and how we can prevent it from happening again. Solidarity is great, but part of solidarity is not hiding the truth, and providing full details of what happened.

What oh what do I tell me vacation renters due in July and August this year?

I don't know. Are they still willing to come? Do they have any over 60 people coming with them?

It's a really difficult question. We are all hoping that we see a respite (may already be seeing a slow down?) due to weather. We just don't know. Do they want to give up the rental?

You can do low contact, but you'll need to have deep cleaning post-rental, right? I don't think NJ is going to be on complete lockdown until even July. If your renters want out of the contract, I'd certainly give them that option.

But a lot of people are going to want to go onward with their plans, because they think this pandemic thing is overblown and won't affect them personally. Which may be true if they are young and healthy.

@10ofRods said in the prior thread:
"I guess I can try and lose more weight (have lost 10 pounds in quarantine)."

Please, @10ofRods, tell us your secret on how to lose weight during CV-19 quarantine. Thanks for bringing this up Seattle1. Gee, the only joy left is maybe going out to food shop or looking forward to food. How does someone lose ten pounds sitting home all day and night?

I’ve lost 12-13 lbs in a month due to worry/stress/busy. Setting alarm at 2am to get a grocery time slot, file for unemployment (good luck) etc.
I take an afternoon 30 minute nap to keep going too. Maybe that helps? IDK
I check on here a few times during the day or after they are in bed and it’s time to get in bed. busy all day and eating less is how it happened.

I drive into my cul de sac after working at my essential job that won’t allow remote work only to find several neighbors chatting closely in driveways while walking dogs - the same two engaging everyone on the street if they are outside - I literally run from my car to the house - they aren’t wearing masks or anything - imo a bunch of idiots and one survived cancer many years ago and the other is a health care administrator - they should know better
JMO

There seem to be two groups of us. Many of us here are in the "avoid at all costs" category. One family in our neighborhood looks super healthy, but she is actually on immune suppressants, lifelong, and she is not going out of her house. She's in her late 30's, looks super healthy - but isn't even willing to drive anywhere.

People should know better and model better behavior. But, as someone said to me today, "The projections were so much worse! This isn't so bad." (Said from a distance of 15 feet, ha).

Yeah, well, let's see what happens next. I pray that this virus is less contagious than we thought. There are mechanisms by which, if the virus really does come in different varieties of deadliness, the less deadly form will spread further (because the really bad kind is being contained in hospitals). That may not be true at all - we don't know yet. Scientists need time to figure it out.

Meantime, your neighbors are gambling. It's very likely neither of them has CoVid (since it looks like only about 3-5% of us have had it).

I feel for you, having to leave to go to that essential job. I'm cleared to work at home through December and probably all next year. My DH may not be so lucky, though.

What oh what do I tell me vacation renters due in July and August this year?
All this uncertainty. I am sorry for everyone and everything tonight. Our whole way of life here has been turned upside down. I originally thought that 2 months of isolation would be the worst of this. That there would be something to look forward to. Now, I am not so sure. My heart breaks for us.

I used to eat lunch. Now I get up and my lifestyle is sort of like when I travel. Black coffee all morning, maybe a piece of toast. Then a late lunch and sometimes, no dinner. It's too much work. My big variable is alcohol - but if I measure my glass of wine or my beloved gin and tonic, and then do my steps around the house and yard, I seem to be running a small caloric deficit. I should say that this weight loss is since about Feb 10, I was already worrying a lot.

When I learned that obesity was the single most important factor for the non-elderly and the non-essential workers, I buckled down a little. We shall see if it goes further as I find myself craving sugar (too lazy to even make pancakes or cinnamon toast). I had some other health issues flare up, so that helped.

Also, I'm trying to get in shape for the camera! It really does add 10 pounds. I've done exactly 1 zoom session with the camera, I wish I could do zero.

Thanks for some direction in how to start losing weight in these CV19 times. You have a plan that's really working for you, and a strong will. ((Applause))

It's hard to find my favorite addicting, low sodium potato chips now, but unfortunately, I've been using cooking and baking as my fun times.

Someone told me they're on a keto diet. I wonder if it'll be hard for them to stay on a keto diet if they can't find meats. Anyone know?

It is the time to find out why and where the virus started in China, and how we can prevent it from happening again. Solidarity is great, but part of solidarity is not hiding the truth, and providing full details of what happened.

An awful lot is known about this, links have been posted. The "we" who find these things out is the international scientific community.

If you're wanting a conspiracy theory, you can definitely find evidence for that on certain vlogs and facebook.

For me, the various projects running this virus's genome are quite convincing and it's clear where it came from. We don't need to wait to find out.

Are you asking who Patient Zero is?

White House health advisor says Americans need to prepare for more deaths as coronavirus outbreak moves past peak

“Americans should prepare to see more deaths from the coronavirus pandemic, particularly in cities, as the outbreak in the United States moves past its peak and infection rates decline, White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Deborah Birx warned Tuesday.

Deaths generally lag behind other aspects of the outbreak, she said at a White House press conference. “We really need to continue to unite and really, really support our health-care providers who are still on the frontline.””

Thanks for some direction in how to start losing weight in these CV19 times. You have a plan that's really working for you, and a strong will. ((Applause))

It's hard to find my favorite addicting, low sodium potato chips now, but unfortunately, I've been using cooking and baking as my fun times.

Someone told me they're on a keto diet. I wonder if it'll be hard for them to stay on a keto diet if they can't find meats. Anyone know?

I do a low carb diet (in between 40 and 60g of carbs daily on a good day - sometimes in ketosis, sometimes not, but in general, my appetite drops if I don't eat carbs). I've done some carb binging in the past 6 weeks, but generally stick to my regular diet of vegetables, eggs, cheese and meat. Yep, it's hard without meat.

Never had to worry about what I ate before. See, I was way underweight before I quit smoking and ended up in the hospital almost four years ago. Now I have trouble breathing and I'm plump. So happy I quit. I feel fine, but :oops: I do have a red, maybe a Covid Toe.

Never had to worry about what I ate before. See, I was way underweight before I quit smoking and ended up in the hospital almost four years ago. Now I have trouble breathing and I'm plump. So happy I quit. I feel fine, but :oops: I do have a red, maybe a Covid Toe.

Your Covid Toe...do you have any other symptoms? Here in MI we can get tested now for just about any reason. Even without a doctor's note. Is that possible where you are to ease your mind?

A

If you're wanting a conspiracy theory, you can definitely find evidence for that on certain vlogs and facebook.

For me, the various projects running this virus's genome are quite convincing and it's clear where it came from. We don't need to wait to find out.

Are you asking who Patient Zero is?

I am not wanting any conspiracy theory. I am wanting the truth of where it started and why, instead of a coverup and noninformation, and no letting third parties investigate. Am I asking who Patient Zero is? I don't know. I am probably am. I want China to fess up.

My husband, myself, son and his fiancee live a keto lifestyle. So far we've been able to purchase everything we need. I have a chest freezer full of meat so we'll be fine. If we couldn't get meat it would be very difficult to stay in ketosis though. It's funny, I've always heard and read about keto breath but none of us have ever noticed it on each other. Today I wore a mask when I went to the store and when I came out I told hubby there's no doubt in my mind that I'm in ketosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase