Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my opinion, that tonight the gathering of people at Mount Rushmore is a protest.
Their will be people yelling and in close proximity.
However, unlike many previous "protests of the last 6 weeks".
As, vocal and angered as they will be.

#1. No one will spit in a policeman's face.
#2. No one will throw bottles and other devices to hurt anyone.
#3. No one will call names at the police
#4. No one will burn any businesses down.
#5. No one in this group of protestors will try to destroy any statues.
#6. No one will loot ANY stores
#7. No one will go into residential and threaten the residents who live there.
#8. No one will jump on any car and threaten it's occupants
#9. Nobody will be burning the America flag.
#10. No group will form to block roads and highways, trapping terrified people in their cars with no way out.
Absolutely. My Opinion.
Happy July 4th to ALL Americans.
Sincerely, Kali

This virus sure does get around to a variety of places. A couple of weeks ago, it got to hang out in Tulsa, OK. Last week it was in Dallas, TX, and tonight it's Mount Rushmore!!

Next week the virus has Reservations booked at Walt Disney World. The virus is looking forward to checking that place out for the first time.
Well, as we have to live with it, it might as well enjoy itself. Cause we sure don't enjoy living with it.

Ohhhh. No wonder you aren't experiencing many cases in your area. You've been in lockdown. Serious, for real lockdown, and you and other residents there have been complying. And therefore, your area has got COVID-19 under control.

We here in the U.S. have not been on serious, for real lockdown, though some areas were on mandatory shutdown. And many areas were on strongly suggested stay-home orders that weren't enforced and were only complied with by some of the people. And therefore, our areas do not have COVID-19 under control.

I live in an area that is in BIG, BIG trouble right now. BIG, BIG, BIG trouble. We need people to take charge and to enforce orders to keep us safe, because there are enough people that live here not wearing masks and not social distancing, and there are enough tourists who came as soon as our beaches opened, that while we weren't in trouble a few weeks ago, we are now. And those people who live here who insist that masks = tyranny or that masks don't work or that masks will give you CO2 poisoning . . . well what can I say? You live where people did what they were asked to do in order to contain COVID-19. I don't. You are safe. I am not. You will be able to go out on Monday. I will not. I'm allowed to, mind you. I've been allowed to the whole time, but I haven't been, because it isn't safe.

I don't know where you are - but I'm right beside you. I am not safe (we are having exponential growth of cases where I live - it's not good).

I haven't been anywhere since March 13. I've been in a car, but not gotten out. I have waited out situations before, but we are in trouble, here in California. Heck, the whole US has yet to experience what this is like (except of course NY/NJ/CN/RI/MA and forgive me for forgetting the other high tally states - I should post the data tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm just so bummed tonight. Feel free to reach out for support.

I dislike the critiquing of the talents of a person singing my National Anthem, or the nasty views of "firework safety" as we celebrate our country's independence. Let me just say that I am enjoying the true patriotism seen in the stands. I enjoy the marching band music. I don't see masks either, and I pray that these patriotic people visiting South Dakota remain as healthy and exuberant as they can. I would not wish this virus on any one. I say this, as my son is currently in the hospital with Covid-19. Can we please just have peace? And hope for healing?
Praying for your son. Hang in there.

I dislike the critiquing of the talents of a person singing my National Anthem, or the nasty views of "firework safety" as we celebrate our country's independence. Let me just say that I am enjoying the true patriotism seen in the stands. I enjoy the marching band music. I don't see masks either, and I pray that these patriotic people visiting South Dakota remain as healthy and exuberant as they can. I would not wish this virus on any one. I say this, as my son is currently in the hospital with Covid-19. Can we please just have peace? And hope for healing?
Sorry about your son.

Still, I don’t think fireworks safety can ever be considered a nasty view. Seems to be a pretty odd statement, especially after all of the wildfires we’ve had out west and watched happening in Australia. Firefighters lose lives to wildfires. It’s nothing to screw with, IMO.

At least 8 Secret Service agents stuck in Phoenix with coronavirus after Pence trip - CNNPolitics

Sorry if already posted. These good folks are just trying to do their jobs :(

“As Trump and Pence resume regular travel schedules after months of pandemic-induced lockdown, the risks posed to the large contingent of US Secret Service personnel who accompany them have become obvious as roughly two dozen agents -- if not more -- have tested positive for the virus, sources familiar with the situation said.
The health peril has emerged as a sore point for many within the agency, where sources describe a heightened sense of anxiety and anger over being put at what some view as senseless risk. One agency source said there is "growing anger and frustration" among some in the Secret Service at what they consider to be "unnecessary trips and exposure" because of Trump and Pence's travel.

"Even ardent Trump supporters are fed up," one agency source said. "We signed up to take a bullet for him, we did not sign up to get sick for him for no good reason."”

I don't know where you are - but I'm right beside you. I am not safe (we are having exponential growth of cases where I live - it's not good).

I haven't been anywhere since March 13. I've been in a car, but not gotten out. I have waited out situations before, but we are in trouble, here in California. Heck, the whole US has yet to experience what this is like (except of course NY/NJ/CN/RI/MA and forgive me for forgetting the other high tally states - I should post the data tomorrow.

My area not doing well either. We haven't went back into lockdown yet, but if we progress to worse, I think we might have to go into lockdown again.

Sorry about your son.

Still, I don’t think fireworks safety can ever be considered a nasty view. Seems to be a pretty odd statement, especially after all of the wildfires we’ve had out west and watched happening in Australia. Firefighters lose lives to wildfires. It’s nothing to screw with, IMO.
The man in charge of the fireworks display tonight was just interviewed. He said they took special precautions, in where they are being set off, and in what kind of fireworks they used, a very safe type with little debris, and he assured everyone there will be no fires started from his show.

It is my opinion, that tonight the gathering of people at Mount Rushmore is a protest.
Their will be people yelling and in close proximity.
However, unlike many previous "protests of the last 6 weeks".
As, vocal and angered as they will be.

#1. No one will spit in a policeman's face.
#2. No one will throw bottles and other devices to hurt anyone.
#3. No one will call names at the police
#4. No one will burn any businesses down.
#5. No one in this group of protestors will try to destroy any statues.
#6. No one will loot ANY stores
#7. No one will go into residential and threaten the residents who live there.
#8. No one will jump on any car and threaten it's occupants
#9. Nobody will be burning the America flag.
#10. No group will form to block roads and highways, trapping terrified people in their cars with no way out.
Absolutely. My Opinion.
Happy July 4th to ALL Americans.
Sincerely, Kali
Exactly right.

If this was a protest against Mt Rushmore, no one would blink an eye against it, fireworks and all.

I have watched protesters throwing live fireworks at others, for weeks now. No one seemed worried about that.

I'm in Florida. My family is in Georgia. My husband's family is split between Alabama and another area of Florida. Our restaurants started reclosing as fast as they opened. We have restaurants closing for the duration now. My preferred grocery store has positive employees. I shop the minute they open, every two weeks. People not wearing masks smirk at those of us who do. Nextdoor is a terrible window into who people are. I have health conditions as do my husband, one son and my daughter-in-law. I have a 2-year old granddaughter and a brand spanking new (9 days old!) grandson. What a world to be born into.

This virus sure does get around to a variety of places. A couple of weeks ago, it got to hang out in Tulsa, OK. Last week it was in Dallas, TX, and tonight it's Mount Rushmore!!

Next week the virus has Reservations booked at Walt Disney World. The virus is looking forward to checking that place out for the first time.

SD is so sparsely populated - but it will still have the increases associated with such public gatherings. It will be lost in the near future (why did they do it?? what did the Governor hope to gain? a cabinet seat?)

I am beginning to think that Americans are fine with "a few extra deaths."

So why do we spend so much money trying to prevent assault, DV and homicide? I fear that this attitude toward death is deeply embedded at this point in time. We can't care about DV victims or murder victims if we don't care that people are dying in large numbers from a virus

My state's (AZ) Dept. Of Health Services Director is recommending the following for July 4th:
Limit to people you live with, or spend time with everday

So for me, that's the following:
Me, myself, I, and Websleuths
:)

We did that here in NJ for over 3 months. Hang in there. :)

Well then, I apologize for being a musician. No, there isn't going to be peace. I can't bow my ear to your ear.

I see no "true patriotism," but then, I was raised by a man who landed in Italy and went over the Brenner pass to fight in WW2. And uncles who fought in every ampitheatre.

But that's not the point - and while you seek peace, I don't believe your method of preventing CoVid will work - but I do hear the message (that the rest of us should not use any other means to fix this).

I am very sorry for your son. I hope he's young and healthy, but it must be hard to read the medical literature (if you do). The band was valiant but very sad in musical terms, IMO - and that didn't help me celebrate.

Anyway, back to your regular programming - I'm going to bow out for a while and let others have "peace" while this virus ultimately has the plan of taking out 5% of the American population. No point in trying to figure it out, I think. I mean, truly, I am beginning to think that my own work in trying to train locals to do contact tracing and get tested is useless.

Enjoy away. I hope you have good news about your son. But many people tonight are not getting good news and I am neither happy nor proud.

My county has decided it's okay not to publish CoVid cases past Wednesday. We are on California's watchlist, and along with a handful of other counties, we are experience a sharp rise in cases. Or at least I think so.
<snip>.

Not saying it's great, and not sure if this is your county or if it might be happening in others related to this, but I know LA County is updating their system and doing so intentionally this weekend since many of the health departments (have?) to be closed for the holiday anyway.

And also posting this just FYI in case it's actually something that happens other counties and states as well (since weekends + holidays already end up always showing lower numbers and then much higher ones at the start of every week as things catch up) and because I know especially in AZ/CA/FL/TX esp numbers are of particularly high interest right now.

https://twitter.com/lapublichealth/status/1279099625023012864

LA Public Health
@lapublichealth

As a reminder,
@lapublichealth
will be improving our data processing systems and will not report data beginning today. We will resume reporting data on Monday, July 6th or earlier, if possible.

Would we not all agree that 2020 is an exceptional year? That things need to be done differently this year?
I am not enjoying my travel limitations ... not being able to return to your country to visit friends and family.
But I get that it is an exceptional year.

I fear that this exceptional year is going to turn into an exceptional 3 years, if things keep going this way.

The herd immunity that the leaders seem to be shooting for is a long, long way off ... if at least 43% (low estimate) of the population need to be contaminated.

Aussie pop 2020 is 25,499,884.
43%, That's close to 11 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members