DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
31 Days Casey! 31 Days!

:great: :great: :great: :great:

No partying or tattoo this time!

Seems the countdown at 31 days seems very appropriate...

Poor Caylee allegedly missing for 31 days...

this is Caylee's time, folks...

now she can countdown to when justice gets started....

I just wish we could go straight to the sentencing phase....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I was intrigued by the information from the twitter account, from the court house, sorry I can't remember who it was: Cindy's lawyer had requested 4 reserved seats for the trial for her family who had been left out in planning the trial. Sorry I don't know how to link, but I read it here.

I was intrigued by the information from the twitter account, from the court house, sorry I can't remember who it was: Cindy's lawyer had requested 4 reserved seats for the trial for her family who had been left out in planning the trial. Sorry I don't know how to link, but I read it here.

I could see this as very true as far as CA. It would be kind of like the memorial service. A planned event as far as she is concerned. :maddening:

Who is the 3rd and 4th person? Lee and Mallory? I really don't see Lee sitting through this trial? He hasn't been there at any of these hearings and seems to want to get on with his own life? Is it for Cindy's friends? Possibly her church friend and Holly? If that is the case... I'm sorry... but they are not family to the victim and deserve no special treatment.

And what gives Cindy the idea that she is even going to be allowed to sit in that gallery during the trial? She has shown that she can not behave herself and these are just hearings! She has behaved during these Frye Hearings because she has no idea what they are about because she believes that it is all junk. During the early March hearings Cindy and George behaved awfully during the testimony of Yuri Melich and John Allen. Just wait until they get to Casey's former friends... especially Jesse Grund who they have tried to pin this on.

No Cindy... no one forgot you... no one can ever forget the way you have behaved. Pipe down and wait for the decision on whether or not you are even going to be allowed to sit in on this trial... it's not like you are going to sit there and be there for the actual victim... Caylee Marie... but for the murderer... Casey.

I do hope HH begins the morning of trial with the rules and proper decorum of the courtroom. The no gum chewing, no animated facial expressions, etc..

If Cindy, George, and Lee are among the first witnesses to be called, then as I understand it, they will be allowed to sit in the gallery. There is simply no way Cindy and George will not react to testimony given against Casey. In fact, I expect one of the two will be held in contempt during his/her testimony.

George may not be allowed to jump up and storm from the courtroom too many times without getting in trouble. Cindy will not get to interrupt either. JB better bring a briefcase full of one hundred dollar bills because he will editorialize (sp.)!

Again; I do hope this trial will begin with HH laying down the rules and decorum of the courtroom in a clear and concise way.

jmo

I would suspect, if Casey is getting training on how to behave in court, so is the rest of the clan. Don't react, etc... We shall see how well that works out for them. :dunno:

I do hope HH begins the morning of trial with the rules and proper decorum of the courtroom. The no gum chewing, no animated facial expressions, etc..

If Cindy, George, and Lee are among the first witnesses to be called, then as I understand it, they will be allowed to sit in the gallery. There is simply no way Cindy and George will not react to testimony given against Casey. In fact, I expect one of the two will be held in contempt during his/her testimony.

George may not be allowed to jump up and storm from the courtroom too many times without getting in trouble. Cindy will not get to interrupt either. JB better bring a briefcase full of one hundred dollar bills because he will editorialize (sp.)!

Again; I do hope this trial will begin with HH laying down the rules and decorum of the courtroom in a clear and concise way.

jmo

BBM - Cindy and George are on both the State and Defense witness lists. The way I understand it is that the State will present their case first... then the defense will present their case. If the defense chooses to call Cindy and George back to the stand during their turn... Judge Perry could rule that they are to remain out of the courtroom until both sides are completely finished with both of them. Meaning that during the State's presentation that Cindy and George would remain outside of the courtroom and would not be allowed back in that courtroom until the defense is completely finished with them.

It makes me wonder if Casey wants it like this and that Cindy and George will not be called until the very end of the defenses presentation.

It will be interesting though.

we may get to see caylee??? :) aawwwww :(
I hope we see Caylee all throughout the trial. I know it won't be easy for us here. On one hand I am excited that we're a month away, but on the other, I know I'll also need to steel myself for a lot of the testimony. Nope...it's not going to be easy.

Has anyone here actually been through the questioning for voire dire (sp?) in a criminal trial? If so, could you please share with us what type of questions you were asked?

Has anyone here actually been through the questioning for voire dire (sp?) in a criminal trial? If so, could you please share with us what type of questions you were asked?

I've been called for jury duty many times mostly for criminal court. I only ever get as far as the question that says "Have you ever worked for LE, the courts?" I have to answer that I used to work in the SA's office and then they send me on home. That's just preliminary questions too. I don't know what they asked those left after that. Last time I got to also tell them I have also worked for defense attorneys and I thought that would even things out. That time they laughed as the sent me home. :floorlaugh:

Who is the 3rd and 4th person? Lee and Mallory? I really don't see Lee sitting through this trial? He hasn't been there at any of these hearings and seems to want to get on with his own life? Is it for Cindy's friends? Possibly her church friend and Holly? If that is the case... I'm sorry... but they are not family to the victim and deserve no special treatment.

And what gives Cindy the idea that she is even going to be allowed to sit in that gallery during the trial? She has shown that she can not behave herself and these are just hearings! She has behaved during these Frye Hearings because she has no idea what they are about because she believes that it is all junk. During the early March hearings Cindy and George behaved awfully during the testimony of Yuri Melich and John Allen. Just wait until they get to Casey's former friends... especially Jesse Grund who they have tried to pin this on.

No Cindy... no one forgot you... no one can ever forget the way you have behaved. Pipe down and wait for the decision on whether or not you are even going to be allowed to sit in on this trial... it's not like you are going to sit there and be there for the actual victim... Caylee Marie... but for the murderer... Casey.

In a perfect world she would be banned from the courtroom. She has tried all kinds of troublemaking, from smuggling the bracelet into Casey, raising her hand to speak to JS, tattling on Ashton for "leading" Dr.Vass's answers. It will never end with her. At least GA knows how to sit still and understands the concept of not controlling all things.

In a perfect world she would be banned from the courtroom. She has tried all kinds of troublemaking, from smuggling the bracelet into Casey, raising her hand to speak to JS, tattling on Ashton for "leading" Dr.Vass's answers. It will never end with her. At least GA knows how to sit still and understands the concept of not controlling all things.

I can just see CA sitting there in the front when Jesse starts to answer his questions CA's head will be shaking no, that's not true, etc. We know the judge has been watching her so let's hope he keeps them out and if they watch let it be in a separate room with a person to monitor what they can watch and what they can't. jmo :silenced:

I have been selected on jury trials for criminal and civil.Two death penalty cases also. The attys questioned me by myself with the judge and the defendant in the room. They ask about family history,any kind of criminal activity in your family,had I been the victim of crime in my life or my immediate family (thank God NO) Family dynamics and they looked me right in the eye and I in turn look them right in the eye. The prosecutors also asked me about the death penalty and asked could you sentence a person to death and they look at your demeanor in answering the question. They also gave me a brief synoposis about the case and asked if I could be impartial. I hate to get jury notices,(must be my honest face) cause I have never been excused from jury duty,I have always been selected to serve. I live in a major city in the northeast so I have gotten my fair share of jury duty in my lifetime.IMHO jury duty is nothing to sneeze about or be taken lightly,some of the pictures and info I have seen in some of the trials I served on made me cry when I got back to the jury room. There is also the in-fighting when it is time to deliberate,you have some people who clearly lied about different things when going through voir dire,just to get on the jury. In one criminal case I was given a written questionnaire and when I went in the court with the atty's and judge they reviewed the info with me,some people based on that questionnaire were not seen again,so I guess they were not selected.:twocents:

I've been called for jury duty many times mostly for criminal court. I only ever get as far as the question that says "Have you ever worked for LE, the courts?" I have to answer that I used to work in the SA's office and then they send me on home. That's just preliminary questions too. I don't know what they asked those left after that. Last time I got to also tell them I have also worked for defense attorneys and I thought that would even things out. That time they laughed as the sent me home. :floorlaugh:

Got Ya, Omachka. I too only lasted as far as telling them my profession. Once I said I was a newspaper reporter, I could hear the scratching of my name off the list. However I did once get picked for a civil trial where a land lord was sewing a renter. They settled during the first recess. Oh well. I intend to be one of the "at home" jurors for little Cayee.

I've :rocker: had the thrill of sitting for a civil case.........believe it or not, a medical malpractice case, no less! This occurred back in the day when I was a "newbie" Medical Technologist* (you all know us as the "lab people") and was in the process of getting into Med School. (Remember: a medical malpractice case!)

The questions were PERSONAL: my relationship or knowledge of the participants, my relationship or knowledge to/with members of LE, judiciary or in this case, the hospital involved and my detailed educational & work background. Since I answered honestly (there is SOMETHING (and for me still is) about sitting in the witness chair that DEMANDS truth, so NOW of course, NO WAY was I going to be chosen.....BUT surprise BOTH sides wanted me! (and for the record, I did NOT want to be a part of the "action")
The case involved a death, determined avoidable had the physician followed the standards of practice and also had he not been CAUGHT during the trial "updating" the medical record, the fiscal award might have been significantly less (the decedent was a 67 y/o woman).

Naturally I :innocent: asked one of the judge's legal clerks after the trial what rational was used in picking me and the clerk (who sat in on the voire dire) stated that BOTH SIDES ASSUMED I'd be able to TRANSLATE the technical jargonese since the case directly involved blood transfusions given too late/lax hemostasis monitoring/ & how the "attending" physician is the one "in charge" no matter if he/she is NOT on site!

:floorlaugh: Since THAT time, every time I get a notice, I bring it with me when I'm testifying on some other case & the SA gets a judge to "null it" :great:

:woohoo:* YEP, just like Arpad Vass, Ph.D once was!:woohoo:

Bold mine

I don't think that Lee will be sitting in on his sister's trial either. I'm betting #3 and #4 are her church lady friend, and her lawyer. She will stick to her attorney like glue during the trial. :maddening:

I got called for jury duty in a criminal trial in northern CA many years ago. This is how I remember it.

The first step was I got the mailing saying I'd been called for jury duty, and to call X phone number on Y day to find out if I'd been selected. Called that number, and learned from an automated voice that I needed to show up at the courthouse on Z day (as I recall, it was the next day).

Showed up the next day at the courthouse. Potential jurors were checked in and given tickets with numbers on them, then sent upstairs to go into a large community-center type room, where we pretty much waited. There were soda and snack machines, as I recall, and games on a shelf, magazines, and two separate rooms where they had TVs on. This was all while we were waiting to see if we would even be called.

Sometime mid-morning, someone came into the room, and called a series of our numbers. Mine was not one of those, but the folks who had been called trooped out after the admin who had called them.

Several hours after that, the same thing happened. Someone came in, called a bunch of numbers, and this time one was mine. Those of us with numbers called gathered our stuff, then followed this person downstairs to an empty courtroom.

The person who brought us downstairs gave us some warnings about not moving around too much, and then the judge, prosecution, defense and defendant came in. (Yes, the defendant was present.)

They were aiming for a 12 person jury and I guess there were 100 of us in that room. The judge gave us instructions and I didn't understand a lot of what he said except that this was a child abuse trial. At the time, I was a teacher, so I figured, even if I got called up, neither side would want me.

They called us 12 at a time, and those called went up to sit in the jury box, where they were questioned one-by-one by the prosecutor and then the defense atty. Aside from the people who were dismissed by the judge for hardship or whatever (lots of them IMO), each side's attys also had the chance to strike jurors after questioning. When both attys agreed on a juror, that person got to move over to "fill in" the jury box, then they called the next set of potential jurors to question.

I thought I was off the hook when they only had 4 jurors at the end of the day and they had to send us home--but they told us to come back. Next day I was one of the first called to be voir-dired. Again, this was a child abuse case, I was a teacher, I figured no way I'd make it through voir dire. When they got to me, they had agreed on 5 or 6 jurors. I went through the questioning and was honest with what I did for a living, did I have kids, was there abuse in my family--and was shocked when both lawyers approved me to sit on the jury! I thought for sure the DA would kick me off. I was juror 7 or 8, as I recall.

Just before they started questioning potential juror 11 or 12, the lawyers asked for a sidebar. (I can't remember which side asked for this.) Sidebar went long, then everybody (pros, defendant, DA) went into the judge's chambers for about 30 minutes. There were still deputies in the courtroom so that was just a weird silent half hour for us all. When the judge, defendant, and lawyers returned, the DA stood up and said that the defendant was going to plea to a lesser charge. The judge thanked us in the jury box and the potential jurors in the gallery for our service, and we were dismissed. It was about 4 p.m. FWIW. A bit anti-climactic, but in hindsight I guess that the SA did a good job of selecting jurors such that the DA talked his client into taking a plea? Really when this all happened I was not wise in the ways of trials. But that's what I experienced. I would imagine that many potential jurors in Caylee's case will spend a lot of time in the "community room" and some of them will get to the "courtroom gallery" phase and many of those will be never called, or be called and struck. I have NO idea how they will prevent word getting out once that first round of potential jurors is let go... But I have faith in CJBP.

Yes, they asked about education, job, if I had had any contact with others who had been sexually abused in my job (yes- medical field). How much contact I had,and basically trying to figure out if I could be unbiased based on that. Guess not, I got booted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez