Countdown to Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fenced-in plot of land next to the courthouse has been given the nickname "Casey Town." It will have electricity, water, telephone, Internet access and food vendors, but trial attendees are bound to spill out of Casey Town, and nearby businesses are getting ready for them.Hoops Tavern bartender Evy Cummings said she never imagined the Anthony trial would be good for business, but now, her staff is stocking up on beer, food and other supplies to brace for the extra people the trial will bring through the doors.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27791583/detail.html

a special tid bit at end of article '...........
Meanwhile, Anthony's attorney Jose Baez filed a motion Thursday afternoon objecting to Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, sitting through the entire trial. Typically, witnesses are not allowed to sit in on testimony before they take the stand, but Florida law allows victims' families to attend trials. Judge Belvin Perry is expected to rule on whether they can be there.

A fenced-in plot of land next to the courthouse has been given the nickname "Casey Town." It will have electricity, water, telephone, Internet access and food vendors, but trial attendees are bound to spill out of Casey Town, and nearby businesses are getting ready for them.Hoops Tavern bartender Evy Cummings said she never imagined the Anthony trial would be good for business, but now, her staff is stocking up on beer, food and other supplies to brace for the extra people the trial will bring through the doors.

Meanwhile, Anthony's attorney Jose Baez filed a motion Thursday afternoon objecting to Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, sitting through the entire trial. Typically, witnesses are not allowed to sit in on testimony before they take the stand, but Florida law allows victims' families to attend trials. Judge Belvin Perry is expected to rule on whether they can be there.

For once, I agree with JBaez. Parents they may be, but they are witnesses for the prosecution, and I don't think they should be in the courtroom before they testify.

And .. if they are in the courtroom all the way, will they be able to control themselves? Is there a likelihood that an Anthony family member might do something in the courtroom, with jurors present, that would cause a mistrial? Aargh!

2 days until trial Casey!!

:skip: :skip: :skip: :skip: :skip: :skip:

:HHJP: :HHJP: :HHJP: :HHJP:

:great: :great: :great: :great:

Tuesday, May 24th! 9:00 AM

As I said in the hugs thread..two more days and it's ALL ABOUT CAYLEE!!

I'm sorry, but someone should inform them that they should change it to CAYLEE TOWN.

Less than 27 hours.... :woohoo:

caylee3k.jpg

Sweet Dreams Baby Girl.

caylee5.jpg

1 day until trial Casey!!

:skip: :skip: :skip: :skip: :skip: :skip:

:HHJP: :HHJP: :HHJP: :HHJP:

:great: :great: :great: :great:

Tuesday, May 24th! 9:00 AM

Tooooooo
morrow
to
morrow
i love ya
to
morrow
your only
a daaaaaaaay
aaaaaaaa
way!!

I'm sorry, but someone should inform them that they should change it to CAYLEE TOWN.

caylee3k.jpg

Sweet Dreams Baby Girl.

IMO, this photo should be prominently displayed during the SA opening statement.

Ugh on both the names Caseytown and Cayleetown. I always feel like I need a shower when I read that. For me it is definitely in the same category as some of the disgusting commercialization of memorabilia currently running off the presses. Just UGH!

What has this to do with honoring Caylee? It is just shameful.

18 hours and 30 minutes...

Ugh on both the names Caseytown and Cayleetown. I always feel like I need a shower when I read that. For me it is definitely in the same category as some of the disgusting commercialization of memorabilia currently running off the presses. Just UGH!

What has this to do with honoring Caylee? It is just shameful.

Absolutely nothing to do with honoring Caylee... but they are calling it Caseytown. They are further "celebritizing" (I think I just made up a word) Casey Anthony. I can't stand that.

I can just SEE Casey in her cell... hearing about "Caseytown" and laughing... "look how famous I am... they are naming places after me now... hahaha."

I don't like the idea of them calling it anything... but I wouldn't object to Cayleetown. If they have to call it SOMETHING... I would rather it be CAYLEEtown. At least that way they are not giving more attention to the killer...attention she loves... but giving more attention to the victim.

I think they should call it media swamp

18 hours and 30 minutes...

Absolutely nothing to do with honoring Caylee... but they are calling it Caseytown. They are further "celebritizing" (I think I just made up a word) Casey Anthony. I can't stand that.

I can just SEE Casey in her cell... hearing about "Caseytown" and laughing... "look how famous I am... they are naming places after me now... hahaha."

I don't like the idea of them calling it anything... but I wouldn't object to Cayleetown. If they have to call it SOMETHING... I would rather it be CAYLEEtown. At least that way they are not giving more attention to the killer...attention she loves... but giving more attention to the victim.

amen Ms F..

18 hours and whatever minutes (sorry lost that detail in my post) for justice for CAYLEE..

THIS IS ABOUT CAYLEE ANTHONY... not "c m a as Lee said it in her memorial but Caylee Anthony!

Is it too soon to start planning a WS RETREAT w/ post -trial counseling?

Maybe in the middle of the country. Mods can bring their famous drinks in case the therapy doesn't work.

caylee3k.jpg

Sweet Dreams Baby Girl.

caylee5.jpg

:tyou: MsFacetious :goodpost:

It IS Caylee Town, to us. We will not call it by any other name, let others call it what they will. For me, it will always be Caylee Town.

I look into the eyes of that innocent babe and I just wish she didn't die. :sigh: I'm sorry not to express that better, but the feelings are so big-not much can come out. :tsktsk:

12 Hours!!
smiley-judge.gif

♥Justice for Caylee♥
Caylee%20Anthony%203_5.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors