Crime scene staging?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JonBenet's hair was highlighted blonde. I don't think she was ever a brunette though, not in the pics I've seen of her anyway.

Eagle1 said:
Re Patsy's jacket fibers, someone's posted a theory in the Sticky thread that she was waiting with someone downstairs, for a photographer or something, and they may have excused her to get some sleep, so she just may have left her jacket down there and gone up to bed, judging by her apparently not hearing the scream, which police determined could not be heard in the Ramseys' top floor bedroom, but was carried loud and clear across the street, by a duct.
Actually Eagle1, it was fine blond hair that was tangled in the ligature knot, not fibres. There were a number of dark fibres on the outside of JonBenet's shirt but they were all black, Patsy's jacket fabric had black and red fibres in it. I don't know why people are going on about fibres that were not found where people say they were and are the wrong colour anyway.

And it was me that posted that theory but I suggested that Patsy fell asleep in the living room on the sofa and that she DID hear the scream which is when she woke up and rushed down the basement stairs to discover that her daughter had been killed.

Maikai said:
Where doe this nonsense come from? Burke's coloring was more like Patsy's...JBR's more like her father's. There may have been some highlighting....a lot different than a complete bleached dye job.

So - it's ok to bleach SOME of her hair to make her good enough, but not all of her hair? She was SIX!!

Brefie said:
So - it's ok to bleach SOME of her hair to make her good enough, but not all of her hair? She was SIX!!
And the fact that they'll highlight her hair for pageants shows that it wasn't just "a weekend thing." Patsy tried to claim JonBenet's hair was so blonde from the Michigan sun...I grew up in Wisconsin, and it ain't that strong.

Nuisanceposter said:
And the fact that they'll highlight her hair for pageants shows that it wasn't just "a weekend thing." Patsy tried to claim JonBenet's hair was so blonde from the Michigan sun...I grew up in Wisconsin, and it ain't that strong.
Have you not heard of Global Warming?

Why is highlighting hair so strange?

It's a pageant.

And if it's a mistake is PR not allowed to make mistakes?

Who among us can cast the first stone?

Wait, I know.

Zman said:

It's a pageant.

Wait, I know.

Highlighting hair or dying it, is not so strange, but when you add in rhinestone earrings, hair attachments, lipstick, mascara, eye shadow, Las Vegas gowns, risque practised posing, and come hither eyes towards the camera!

Combine this with an Autopsy Report that is indicative of prior sexual assault, and her practice photos taken in the basement along with any training videos, missing or extant.

Then maybe its possible in todays relativized media, that a sexualized 6-year old girl may be considered a norm, but within the context of a homicide, I consider it strange, and patently not a mistake but part of a then ongoing planned and focussed process.

LinasK said:
I've seen pictures of her at age 4, in those pictures she was a brunette, so which is it, did Patsy dye JB's hair then to be a brunette, or at age 6 to be a blonde??? I believe the latter, especially since JB needed to have perfect pageant hair.

There's a lot of toddler pictures of JBR as a blonde. Lighter hair DOES turn lighter in the sun.......be it Michigan or Colorado. Boulder is at a higher altitude with bright sun year round--even in winter. I've seen a lot of little girls tagging after mommy in hair salons I've been to getting highlights in their hair. Not a big deal these days....and a lot easier on the hair than perms.

I don't like the idea of changing the color of young childrens hair either ... but then again,I never cared for the idea of mother's having their tiny babies,only a few months old having their ears pierced either.Who's benefit is that for? Certainly,not the babies. Some mother's get carried away .... but clearly,that does not mean this is a prelude to having their daughters become sexy vixens. I don't think that was in Patsy's mind either .... right or wrong,I think she just wanted her to look good for the pageants.In my opinion it was stupid,but innocent enough.

Zman said:

It's a pageant.

Wait, I know.
It's not that highlighting your hair is strange Zman, it's the subtle messaging behind it. As other posters have pointed out what Patsy was telling JonBenet was....it's not enough to be pretty, you have to be prettier, you are not good enough just being you.
But you're right, who amongst us indeed.
We all make mistakes.

Highlighting hair is not strange. Highlightlighting a 6 year old's hair is unusual. Most hairdressers would refuse to do it. My own hairdresser would refuse to highlight the hair of anyone under the age of 14 - with or without parental consent. Highlighting involves the use of bleach - a harsh and damaging chemical.

Hair bleaching is also linked to respiratory problems. Did JonBenet have respiratory problems?

Nehemiah said:
Can you source this, please?

Nehemiah,

Its a euphemism. Referencing the Thomas Haney and Trip DeMuth interview where Patsy is questioned about pictures that were discovered located in the basement laundry room.

Its possible the photographs were incidental, just crime scene artifacts, or they could represent someone's personal collection of their JonBenet favorites. These would be culled from her domestic snaps, pageant practise sessions at the house, or probably from her actual pageant appearances.

I've always entertained the notion that JonBenet may have been running through some pageant routines that night, even dressing up, this might explain her ponytails and other features.

You could interpret this as Patsy's way of disciplining JonBenet, after the red top debacle, or as a prelude to some form of abuse by another person?

Its my view that these photographs along with the other items found in the suitcase, were transported down to the basement, because that location is a person neutral zone, if these items had been found in JR's office or JAR's bedroom, then they take on a different significance. Similarly with JonBenet's body, it may have been located in the laundry room, then moved to the wine-cellar, e.g. both to separate and isolate forensic evidence, but originally she may have been upstairs dressed or undressed depending on your favorite theory.

Jayelles said:
Highlighting hair is not strange. Highlightlighting a 6 year old's hair is unusual. Most hairdressers would refuse to do it. My own hairdresser would refuse to highlight the hair of anyone under the age of 14 - with or without parental consent. Highlighting involves the use of bleach - a harsh and damaging chemical.

Hair bleaching is also linked to respiratory problems. Did JonBenet have respiratory problems?
I'm sure most average hair dressers would not highlight the average girls hair.

But average girls don't enter pageants.
narlacat said:
It's not that highlighting your hair is strange Zman, it's the subtle messaging behind it. As other posters have pointed out what Patsy was telling JonBenet was....it's not enough to be pretty, you have to be prettier, you are not good enough just being you.
But you're right, who amongst us indeed.
We all make mistakes.
Im not sure competition at such a young age is ever a good thing. No matter what the event.

I would think it was nothing more to JBR but part of the costume. Nothing more than changing your hair color for holloween or something.

Zman said:
I'm sure most average hair dressers would not highlight the average girls hair.

But average girls don't enter pageants.

Im not sure competition at such a young age is ever a good thing. No matter what the event.

I would think it was nothing more to JBR but part of the costume. Nothing more than changing your hair color for holloween or something.
Well, I think average girls do enter pageants Zman, not all of the girls involved in pageantry come from wealthy families. Alot of them come from trailer parks and their parents get in all sorts of debt to give their kids a chance at future stardom.

Halloween comes but once a year, the pageants happened somewhat more frequently than that. I don't think there would be too many mothers highlighting their children's hair just for Halloween Night. That is just hazarding a guess though because we don't celebrate Halloween here in Australia but I would imagine it would be more of a case of spraying cheap wash out hair colours on the children's hair rather than something as time consuming as getting highlights.

Whichever way you look at it, it is not appropriate to doll a kid up like Patsy did JonBenet.

narlacat said:
Well, I think average girls do enter pageants Zman, not all of the girls involved in pageantry come from wealthy families. Alot of them come from trailer parks and their parents get in all sorts of debt to give their kids a chance at future stardom.

Halloween comes but once a year, the pageants happened somewhat more frequently than that. I don't think there would be too many mothers highlighting their children's hair just for Halloween Night. That is just hazarding a guess though because we don't celebrate Halloween here in Australia but I would imagine it would be more of a case of spraying cheap wash out hair colours on the children's hair rather than something as time consuming as getting highlights.

Whichever way you look at it, it is not appropriate to doll a kid up like Patsy did JonBenet.
Yeah, but its not illegal. There's really no causal relationship between child beauty pageants and child murder.

narlacat said:

Not to mention the dreaded ..........."but Mom, Cindy has her hair highlighted!!

Zman said:
Not to mention the dreaded ..........."but Mom, Cindy has her hair highlighted!!

Highlighting children's hair may be unheard of down under, but check out this salon in Dallas! Complete with glamour parties! And highlighting ain't just for little girls:

http://www.shortclipsbysheri.com/

Highlighting is just a few strands of hair here and there.....I suppose next you'll be harping on the cosmetic dental work that is done for small beauty pageant participants---to hide gaps when primary teeth fall out.

Highlighting hair isnt unheard of here Maikai.
Can count on you to make a smart remark can't I?
Hmmm, so I wonder how many mothers here on this forum who live in America and celebrate Halloween, highlight their girl's hair for that occasion.

Why can't all you Ramsey supporter's just admit Patsy dolled JonBenet up inappropriately. Why do you have to think that means we are saying she killed her?

Maikai said:
Highlighting is just a few strands of hair here and there.....I suppose next you'll be harping on the cosmetic dental work that is done for small beauty pageant participants---to hide gaps when primary teeth fall out.
But I don't think it was just a few highlights. I think it was a full bleach job, and that's not appropriate on a young girl, Halloween or not!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back