Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It wasn't the other way around. It was the first time that Crystal and Maria were on Geraldo with the photos of Haleigh and the school incident. At the end of the report after they proclaimed the alleged "abuse", Geraldo's staff had to recant because they found out the truth of Ronald taking her to ER twice etc. (IIRC, this was the weekend after Rj's birthday.)

The media link is in the sticky thread. Geraldo was last evening. He does misspeak and state there is a custody battle, but there is no current custody battle in play.

And obviously there was nothing to back up her claims in any way. There wasn't then and there are not now. I hope when they are finished with their "investigation" with the ER docs, teachers, Principal, and others who appear to have been in a professional position to be required to report the abuse and did not...they only allow supervised visitation with Rj for Crystal, if that! They may want to take a second look at her having Chloe, too. It is very serious when you are charging a man whose daughter was abducted in the middle of the night of child abuse and the charges are bogus. It should be met with some serious repercussions.
She is being counseled by an attorney who has brought this to the attention of child services. Why should she have supervised visitations? Cause her attorney saw fit to bring this to their attention? She shouldn't have her own daughter? IMO that's quite harsh.

The media link is in the sticky thread. Geraldo was last evening. He does misspeak and state there is a custody battle, but there is no current custody battle in play.
The abuse charge first came to light on the Geraldo show several weeks ago BEFORE KP entered the picture! I saw last night's Geraldo, too. I guess you missed the first one.

I heard something interesting yesterday on the radio (believe it was HLN). They said the nurse reported a scratch...what was seen at the hospital was not just a scratch. They also pointed out a discrepency as to when RC said he brought her in to the hospital and when she was actually seen there. These were things I hadn't heard before.
The report actually stated it was a cut on the nose...not a scratch. There was no discrepancy about the hospital. She went twice.

The abuse charge first came to light on the Geraldo show several weeks ago BEFORE KP entered the picture! I saw last night's Geraldo, too. I guess you missed the first one.
I wonder if that's what set off KP's free publicity radar.

...'scuse me, her impulses of generosity and fair play for the downtrodden.

I wonder if that's what set off KP's free publicity radar.

...'scuse me, her impulses of generosity and fair play for the downtrodden.
Yes...her impulses of generosity and fair play (fair and balanced)...hmmm...where have we heard this before? And she says it is all Pro Bono. Would that be before or after the licensing fees were paid and other things perhaps? :waitasec:

The nurses log reports a cut not a scratch a serious enough one they contacted family and someone from the family went to the school. The script shows when she was at the hospital and also shows the 11/6 as incident date.

I heard something interesting yesterday on the radio (believe it was HLN). They said the nurse reported a scratch...what was seen at the hospital was not just a scratch. They also pointed out a discrepency as to when RC said he brought her in to the hospital and when she was actually seen there. These were things I hadn't heard before.

If she was reporting abuse and there was an ongoing custody issue which there was the courts are notified and the Judge reviews the DCF file. There are not notations indicating that happened.

They would be in child service records, no?

If she was reporting abuse and there was an ongoing custody issue which there was the courts are notified and the Judge reviews the DCF file. There are not notations indicating that happened.

There are no ongoing or current custody issues. There is an investigation into allegations brought forth from others.

There were ongoing issues you might want to read the court records, not the custody documents but the court records. Ron filed several times for orders to have the children returned, Marie wrote letters, attorneys were in court etc. Cannot direct link but here is the site for you to enter the info to get the file. https://www.putnam-fl.com/secure/public_menu.php

There are no ongoing or current custody issues. There is an investigation into allegations brought forth from others.

Crystal had an obligation to report what she'd been told, regardless of what motives or reasons these other people may have had to withhold this information. Crystal acted appropriately, and if these new allegations prove unfounded, that will clear up the issue. But she cannot take the chance that they are true and do nothing.

And frankly, there is no child custody issue in play yet. This is about whether the children in Ron's care have been subjected to abuse of any form. These allegations were delivered to the authorities to investigate and that is the appropriate course of action.

(bold above by me)

I have to consider both of these statements to be disingenuous at best.

Crystal, through the auspices of her newly found mouthpiece has stated unequivocally that her intent is to search for and bring to the attention of DCFS allegations of a pattern of mistreatment in order to determine whether or not Ron Jr. (and presumably Haleigh) should be removed from Ron's household.

Just where, exactly, do you surmise that she intends them to be removed to.

I suggest that the "issue" is most certainly "current", and that "custody" is clearly the intent.

I suppose that after having been confronted with a vociferously hostile attorney, a mysteriously financed private investigator, and unvarnished accusations of child abuse broadcast repeatedly on national television the fact that Ron has found it necessary to speak in his own defense could be construed as a "battle".

Please note that these accusations are not merely some nebulous reporting of general information, they are quite specific, and made both by Crystal personally and by her legal counsel. To try and suggest that they are simply acting on unsolicited reports out of a sense of personal and civic duty is ridiculous on the face of it.

KP says she has turned over all their information of abuse from Ronald Cummings to his children to the DCF. So, assuming that was just recently done - does anyone know how long these kinds of investigations run? How long to complete, etc.? I have no knowledge of how DCF works - if DCF gets a finding of 'nothing' ... then is it dropped? If they get a finding of criminal abuse - do they do something or does it then go to Family Court. Does the decision on what to do rest with a Judge in Family Court? Do they have Juries? Does that all take a long time? I've never been in Family Court either. This all sounds like quite a process.

KP says she has turned over all their information of abuse from Ronald Cummings to his children to the DCF. So, assuming that was just recently done - does anyone know how long these kinds of investigations run? How long to complete, etc.? I have no knowledge of how DCF works - if DCF gets a finding of 'nothing' ... then is it dropped? If they get a finding of criminal abuse - do they do something or does it then go to Family Court. Does the decision on what to do rest with a Judge in Family Court? Do they have Juries? Does that all take a long time? I've never been in Family Court either. This all sounds like quite a process.

It's my take that it's quite a bureaucratic process. It's also been accused that DCF is less than competent, which throws another theoretical wrench into the works.

I dunno.. this Picazio gal... not sure if I trust her. IMO.

Crystal had an obligation to report what she'd been told, regardless of what motives or reasons these other people may have had to withhold this information. Crystal acted appropriately, and if these new allegations prove unfounded, that will clear up the issue. But she cannot take the chance that they are true and do nothing.

And frankly, there is no child custody issue in play yet. This is about whether the children in Ron's care have been subjected to abuse of any form. These allegations were delivered to the authorities to investigate and that is the appropriate course of action.

I understand what you are saying. If in fact information was given to Crystal when she arrived in Satsuma that Ron has been abusing the children, she did indeed have an obligation to report these allegations immediately. However, making these accusations on national TV is absolutely ridiculous and unfair. What does she expect to gain from it all? If she already reported it to proper authorities and she knows that they are investigating the matter, shouldn't her focus now be on finding Haleigh?
Also, why did Crystal hand over the photo of Haleigh's swollen nose and black eye from her school accident to her lawyer as proof of abuse? She knew about the school incident. If her cousin, the nurse was concerened about abuse, enough to take a photo of Haleigh's bruised face, why didn't she report to DCF right then and there? I'm sorry but IMO, Crystal and her attorney are doing nothing more than getting their 15 mins of fame in the name of a missing child that we don't even know is alive or dead at this point.

We have no idea how people would respond that we don't know. For all we know everyone fears everyone. Maybe they play the "it's not my business" card...who knows? But, should they keep silent now if they do believe they have information? Maybe it took this child to go missing before someone stepped forward. We just don't know what their rationale is. IMO the authorities need to be involved because these are obviously not normal circumstances and if somehow it leads to information that pertains to what possibly could have happened to Haleigh then I say...go for it. JMHO
As I've said before. My sister was living in a small town when she was being abused. Many people saw it, saw the injuries, had suspicions. We were never contacted. The LE were not flooded with concerned citizens. It was not until a few weeks after she was killed that people started approaching us with stories of what they had seen.

More than likely they weren't dropped for at least a few months, I think they do the investigation and then it is either "Substantiated" or "Unsubstantiated". If the latter they keep it as an active file for up to 90 days before it falls off the active investigations list (although the report & investigation records never go away). If it is substantiated then they take action.

And obviously there was nothing to back up her claims in any way. There wasn't then and there are not now. I hope when they are finished with their "investigation" with the ER docs, teachers, Principal, and others who appear to have been in a professional position to be required to report the abuse and did not...they only allow supervised visitation with Rj for Crystal, if that! They may want to take a second look at her having Chloe, too. It is very serious when you are charging a man whose daughter was abducted in the middle of the night of child abuse and the charges are bogus. It should be met with some serious repercussions.

At least Crystal knows where Chloe is. If DCFS follows the law(LOL) they can't remove Chloe unless she's at risk of serious physical harm or death, not because her mom filed a report w/ DCFS.
She hasn't even filed for custody yet. Haleigh hasn't been in school very long to begin with, it's not like they've been observing her for long periods of time.
Her absences could have been to hide abuse. I said could have.
She isn't charging him, she made a report to dcfs to investigate. I thought that was the purpose of DCFS, to investigate SUSPECTED abuse of children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves