Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cant even hate Crystal because she did not fall on the ground sobbing while they searched the dumpster, I am sure there was a bit of shock-

When people die and the family has to go make the arrangements, the funeral directors have to repeat things sometimes over and over again because its so surreal and some just have a hard time grasping and paying attention-

Do the roads down there have like the paypass stuff? Is it possible to drive from Crystals to Rons without paying tolls?

And once again, is there any proof Crystal knew of Rons hours and the days he worked, because that is important to know and could indicate involvement, but I haven't seen it.

jmo

Good question. We have been told That Crystals visitation was within the time frame of Ron starting is new hours at PDM can we not assume Crystal just asked HaLeigh and Jr. when daddy went to work and when does daddy get home? Crystal was sure able to get alot of info supposedly from Jr. after the abduction. It was possible to even get that info from Nay Nay or Amber Brooks since they had been hanging with Misty that weekend before. Oppertunity came a knocking and I bet Crystal and others in her family where prepared. I also have to say the child support issue going to court was expected by Crystal and her caring parents and I would bet the farm that that court ordered hearing and the circumstances at that very moment begged for Crystal to act if she was to have a chance to get what she wanted they way she was preparing to get it. JMO :)

IMVHO The inability to get beyond the drama and focus on the crime and who had motive and ability is why Haleigh has still not been found. Crystal did have a motive and did have the opportunity and ability to pull this off with the help of her family. She has clearly abstructed the search for her child with all the media drama she and her family have allowed. She has benifited from Haleighs abduction to the extent of no current or future childsupport payments owed for Haleigh till found. She recieved a donation that paid $12,000 in back childsupport and now is current. She has recieved an undetermined amount of money that has been donated to fund searches to find Haleigh and no searches have been conducted. The sale of T-shirts and Arm braclets had to been lucritive and I still have not seen anything that accounts for the use of those donated funds to search for Haleigh. The only one to gain from Haleighs abduction is Crystal and she has.
I would also like to remind us of who has a history of lying and who has lied since this drama began? Inconsistancies are not lies or they would be called lies not inconsistancies. LE has stated the are satisfied with Rons alibi and they do not consider misty as a suspect.
ETA: LE also have cleared the A/C man and the RSO within 5 miles and Misty's cousin.

All the benefits are after the fact, so she was psychic? She knew that if she kidnapped her child, that the arrears would not go away, but some one would pay them, she could sell bracelets and T-shirts to get money from a foundation a Layer would set up, one she hadn't met yet, but would come forward to set it up. Until you get an account of where that money went or how much it was, we can't say how it was or was not used. I don't think she sat around thinking of how to get donations after kidnapping her child. I don't think she had anything at all to do with Haleigh's disappearance. JMO

Good question. We have been told That Crystals visitation was within the time frame of Ron starting is new hours at PDM can we not assume Crystal just asked HaLeigh and Jr. when daddy went to work and when does daddy get home? Crystal was sure able to get alot of info supposedly from Jr. after the abduction. It was possible to even get that info from Nay Nay or Amber Brooks since they had been hanging with Misty that weekend before. Oppertunity came a knocking and I bet Crystal and others in her family where prepared. I also have to say the child support issue going to court was expected by Crystal and her caring parents and I would bet the farm that that court ordered hearing and the circumstances at that very moment begged for Crystal to act if she was to have a chance to get what she wanted they way she was preparing to get it. JMO :)

But if Crystal took the child because of child support, why did she not take both? If Misty is so tired and didn't hear someone grab the child, open the door, prop it open etc, Crystal could have taken both. I mean, snatching one does not stop any support obligations.

Now was there anyway that Crystal would know that if she took her someone would pay her support? Because it could easily be argued that Ron could have planned an abduction and hoped someone would pay the money, and he is the one who gets it in the end, it never touched Crystals hands- and I dont think this is likely.

I also heard Rons work hours had just changed and that he just started working nights- I just dont see Ron and crystal being so open with each other about his work hours and whatnot, it was really none of Crystals business, these two are not friends.

All the benefits are after the fact, so she was psychic? She knew that if she kidnapped her child, that the arrears would not go away, but some one would pay them, she could sell bracelets and T-shirts to get money from a foundation a Layer would set up, one she hadn't met yet, but would come forward to set it up. Until you get an account of where that money went or how much it was, we can't say how it was or was not used. I don't think she sat around thinking of how to get donations after kidnapping her child. I don't think she had anything at all to do with Haleigh's disappearance. JMO

I dont think so either, I mean how would she know that lady would pay? And why abduct a child you aren't even paying for to begin with, well except her weekend? So the answer is to abduct the child and have to pay for everything including expensive medical care that you would have no insurance or anything to cover her meds and stuff?

It does not make any sense.

Yeah, but if LE is looking for a live child why were they digging up land?

Well I can only speculate that they where given an oppertunity under the pretenses to dig up animal remains to have access to the property, mobile home, vehicles and out buildings and any where else they chose that day. LE spent alot of money and man power to just dig up some horse bones and they are willing to state they didn't expect to find anything, says to me we know she is not burried here or even hidden here but we needed to get in to search for any clue that might of been left behind. I found it odd that the vehicle mentioned to have had a pipe and drug residue in it was parked their for an unknown amount of time and has not been mentioned since nor where any charges brought against anyone to our knowledge. I wonder if it is was not an indicator to LE and DCF of some concerns involving the children and who is allowed into their home and the potential risk that those kind of drugs have if found and ingested by a child.

Well I can only speculate that they where given an oppertunity under the pretenses to dig up animal remains to have access to the property, mobile home, vehicles and out buildings and any where else they chose that day. LE spent alot of money and man power to just dig up some horse bones and they are willing to state they didn't expect to find anything, says to me we know she is not burried here or even hidden here but we needed to get in to search for any clue that might of been left behind. I found it odd that the vehicle mentioned to have had a pipe and drug residue in it was parked their for an unknown amount of time and has not been mentioned since nor where any charges brought against anyone to our knowledge. I wonder if it is was not an indicator to LE and DCF of some concerns involving the children and who is allowed into their home and the potential risk that those kind of drugs have if found and ingested by a child.

Right, but if they had reason to want to search the farm, I am sure a Judge would order a search warrant, which would be way cheaper than all the money they probably spent digging up things.

jmo

Good morning elle1919,
IMO It is hard for me not to come to the conclusion that Crystal knew from the very begining what happened to HaLeigh and who if not Crystal herself, took Haleigh. The fact that she waited to call Johnny till 5am is a good indicator to ME that something was not right with this delay and her reason given was she assumed it was a prank and then later admitted that she knew it was not a prank. The idea to take pictures of HaLeighs school injuries in November with step mom Connie Sheffield and to hold on to them for future aligations of abuse knowing they where not seems a little premeditated if indeed they anticipated a reason to bring these forth to accuse Ron. I will continue to state this windfall of oppertunity and resources is not just an eveyday result of a child abduction. The need to be groomed by an attorney and allowed the medias attention to portray herself as a victim and superceding HaLeigh's need to be found can only add to the fact that Crystals motives are to finish what someone started so to speak. I can not count how many times Crystal has used the time in front of a camera at the benifit to herself instead of HaLeigh's. Heck the very day she was told that LE was looking in a dumpster she was ranting to the media about her inconvienant Dr. appointment and LE hunting her down after she was notified and was unable to be found for DNA samples and how she was upset that a rumors about her where going around that she was hiding. She even ranted to TJHart at the HBH about bloggers talking bad about her and not once did she mention HaLeighs name as she sat on that couch inside the very place that was a platform to find HaLeigh not a rant and pitty party venue for poor Crystal.
YouTube - WSKY-FM TJ Hart Checks In With Haleigh Cummings Mother Crystal Sheffield
I have found countless misspoken words come out of Crystals mouth that would refer to some previouse knowledge about the crime and even a suspicious answer. (not what you say but how you say it) take a look for yourself.
YouTube - Haleigh Cummings Mother & Grandmother - CFLNewschat.com
All of the above statements are my opinions.

Okay....I just got done watching both of those video's. And texasmommy you raise some interesting points.

I noticed in the first video at the HBC, you are right she did not mention Haleigh's name, However TJ never asked her a question about Haleigh he was pretty straight forward in what he wanted and he was asking about her health. I as a mom might have come across differently but, that is just me. Also, I caught the statement where she said that "she didn't want to beat herself up". Little confused as to what she might have meant by that.

In the second video interview where the guy from Fox news is asking the questions, I was a little more surprised by her demeanor. It was definitely different than the first vid. The one thing that really stood out to me was the very end of the video where the interviewer is asking her what she thinks happened to Haleigh and Crystal says she thinks someone came in and took her. Interesting stance for her to take when all the interviewer's question are leaning towards how Misty could have been sleeping in the same room where Haleigh was taken from.

You obviously have done a lot of research on your opinion. The things that stand out to you support your theory and that is why you use them as examples. Everyone with a theory can provide many examples of why their theory could be true, darn it I have done it myself! I just wish that one of our theories would lead to Haleigh!

Edited to ask a question. In the last video Crystal states that they were at TN's house....on the canal....when Haleigh was lying face down in th water once before....does TN still live on the canal??TIA

I keep seeing posts that say CS was behind in child support for 12K, did i miss a news report on this? I am asking b/c i thought she owed $4100 and that was paid by a donor... maybe someone can help me out? i have searched for links but can't seem to find them...BTW - TIA (i love using this, now that i know what it means...lol) :)
I was able to find this link, lil momma. Hope it helps. (Hope this is allowable to post.)
http://www.staugustine.com/stories/071709/news_1754651.shtml

But if Crystal took the child because of child support, why did she not take both? If Misty is so tired and didn't hear someone grab the child, open the door, prop it open etc, Crystal could have taken both. I mean, snatching one does not stop any support obligations.
I can honestly say this very thing has happened. Now was there anyway that Crystal would know that if she took her someone would pay her support? Because it could easily be argued that Ron could have planned an abduction and hoped someone would pay the money, and he is the one who gets it in the end, it never touched Crystals hands- and I dont think this is likely.

I also heard Rons work hours had just changed and that he just started working nights- I just dont see Ron and crystal being so open with each other about his work hours and whatnot, it was really none of Crystals business, these two are not friends.

Hello,
The fact that Haleigh was the only child taken could have several reasons.IMHO I do not believe that the plan was to take Jr., why would they need the photos to accuse Ron? But more interesting would be who had to make that desision and was willing to if the original plan was to take both. Every abduction crime has a personality fingerprint (action=character) and can enable LE to narrow their suspect field. It is worth a discussion here, and a look into what this crime says about the abductor and the actions he took to commit this crime. IMO The Sheffields (Johnny and Connie)are needing to be looked at along side Johnny's mother in law. IMO The back child support was paid by her efforts after the fact. By the way how much money do you honestly beleive has been donated in this childs name (to find Haleigh) to this family and what do we see being done to search for HaLeigh? WTH? It will be revealed eventually the truth behind the child support donor issue just like it was eventaully revealed the truth of the amount that Crystal actually owed in back and current childsupport. I have to ask what parent goes to the courts to stop payment on a child that has only been missing for a short time and LE believe she is still alive?

Right, but if they had reason to want to search the farm, I am sure a Judge would order a search warrant, which would be way cheaper than all the money they probably spent digging up things.

jmo

Why would they need a search warrant if they where asked? I would bet LE actually let them think it was their (Sheffield/Griffis)idea and was considered at their prompting and LE took full advantage of it. JMO

Right, I have no idea what LE thinks.

Neither do I but have speculated to the best of my ability with the information we do have . I am not claiming to know more than anyone here just giveing my take (opinion) on the same information that we all have access to. IMO

Neither do I but have speculated to the best of my ability with the information we do have . I am not claiming to know more than anyone here just giveing my take (opinion) on the same information that we all have access to. IMO

I just think if the LE really truly thought Crystal had taken the child, killed her, and buried her on the farm, they would have been all over it from day one, because I don't believe they were excavating the site basically looking for an underground bunker, but you never know.

jmo

(Respectfully snipped & BB NMS)
Okay....I just got done watching both of those video's. And texasmommy you raise some interesting points.

I noticed in the first video at the HBC, you are right she did not mention Haleigh's name, However TJ never asked her a question about Haleigh he was pretty straight forward in what he wanted and he was asking about her health. I as a mom might have come across differently but, that is just me. Also, I caught the statement where she said that "she didn't want to beat herself up". Little confused as to what she might have meant by that.

TJ's comment before Crystal made the "beat myself up" statement was, "You do a good job of not showing it . . ." He was referring to her showing outward signs of stress in light of HaLeigh's disappearance to which Crystal responded, "It's in there, I try not to show it. I don't want to beat myself up cause I gotta stay strong for her (HaLeigh) and Jr. and Chloe . . ." That comment makes absolute sense to me - any caring and loving - feeling -person naturally reflects upon things they wish they could of, would of and should of said or done differently when someone that they love is gone and by "gone" I mean steps out of their life, dies or, as in this case, disappears.

~*~ OMOOC ~*~

I agree, Bern. I think accusations about Crystal or her family abducting Haleigh for profit or any reason, are not viable in the least.

I agree, Bern. I think accusations about Crystal or her family abducting Haleigh for profit or any reason, are not viable in the least.

And I agree as well. From the very beginning I've maintained an openly-mindedness about this possibility but there is nothing that indicates that to be the case whatsoever. Those who make this claim have no idea (obviously) of the lengths that investigators go to to ascertain information that would expose a "planned abduction" by a parent. If some were willing to familiarize themselves with the investigative steps that are taken and the methods that are used to prove or disprove this possibility, they would be forced to recognize and to admit that Crystal and Family are not behind HaLeigh's disappearance. IMO

~*~ OMOOC ~*~

I am open to the possibility of parental abduction because it's very common but it appears clear that she is not with Crystal. If Haleigh was abducted to be taken care of by a family member I think it would have come out by now. Someone would notice a relative who was frequently missing in action, bringing food and water and clean clothes and otherwise taking care of Haleigh, or if they hid her in their own house, they'd have to stop letting friends come over and keep their curtains closed so no one would see her through a window, the neighbors might hear her make a noise, or see her if she was ever let outside. If someone lived in an isolated cabin in the middle of the forest all this might not be an issue but LE would have checked that sort of thing out, wouldn't they?

I am open to the possibility of parental abduction because it's very common but it appears clear that she is not with Crystal. If Haleigh was abducted to be taken care of by a family member I think it would have come out by now. Someone would notice a relative who was frequently missing in action, bringing food and water and clean clothes and otherwise taking care of Haleigh, or if they hid her in their own house, they'd have to stop letting friends come over and keep their curtains closed so no one would see her through a window, the neighbors might hear her make a noise, or see her if she was ever let outside. If someone lived in an isolated cabin in the middle of the forest all this might not be an issue but LE would have checked that sort of thing out, wouldn't they?

I appreciate those videos as I haven't seen them in ages. Crystal reminds me so much of my relatives; they are not real verbal, not exactly academics, and not media savvy enough to put on a show for the cameras. They just are what they are (or they would say they is how they is). I think the idea that Crystal's family are criminal geniuses who have planned and staged this whole thing is a stretch. She strikes me as shy, uncertain, clueless about what happened to her daughter, and a little scared to say what she thinks. She looks to other people a lot to tell her what to say.

I hope with all my heart that she gets her daughter back alive and well, but I am not expecting that outcome.

OT: I love Shepard Smith.

- I doubt that Ron's tattoos were worth anywhere near $12,000 and at that time, he supposedly still had a job.

- Crystal was seriously in arrears and had no job so would have probably had a hard time time even meeting a pay schedule. I don't think she kidnapped her own child, but saving Crystal from jail certainly could have been a valid motive for someone who knew her.
- My hubby and I knew every detail of his ex's life from my 3, 5, and 7 year old stepkids, and I'm sure she knew every detail of ours. I suspect that Haleigh would have been a chatterbox also.

bbm, ITA

- I doubt that Ron's tattoos were worth anywhere near $12,000 and at that time, he supposedly still had a job.

- Crystal was seriously in arrears and had no job so would have probably had a hard time time even meeting a pay schedule. I don't think she kidnapped her own child, but saving Crystal from jail certainly could have been a valid motive for someone who knew her.

- My hubby and I knew every detail of his ex's life from my 3, 5, and 7 year old stepkids, and I'm sure she knew every detail of ours. I suspect that Haleigh would have been a chatterbox also.

bbm even if the child dies, disappears, taken by aliens, it doesn't stop the debt, or erase it. YOU STILL OWN THE MONEY! It is not motive, because it doesn't go away....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir