Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has many reasons to be depressed. Ron had the children. Ron left them in the care of a person with serious issues and very young. She had been deceived by Ron in a court of law. She must have tremendous guilt for ever letting him take the children on vacation. She has four children to care for. She may feel very trapped in the horror of what happened to Haleigh and "why" did it have to happern. At this time, life has to very difficult for her.

Do you have a link to show that Ronald was refusing and it is why the order was filed? There are other reasons why that order could have been filed in court. One of them could be that LE asked them not to talk unless they were making arrangements for his transportation between households, imo. Another could be that Ronald didn't get the appointment set up because he knew that Rj would be in Baker County for part of the summer with his mother and perhaps Crystal jumped the gun in filing it, imo. I have not seen anywhere that Ronald is refusing to take him so it is why she filed so if you have something which says differently...please post it.

BBM

BBM..
As I said before it is my common sense link and experience through the courts, you do not just go file an emergency order without a cause. When a emergency order of this sort is filed it is because 1 parent is refusing what the other is asking and so therefore they are asking the Judge to make a ruling on it,
As a matter of fact I do have a link but it is one that WS does not allow as verifiable.
It would also be my opinion that LE has asked Crystal and Ron to refrain from talking about what happened in regards to Haleigh, NOT to not talk about exchanges and sorts ykmw?

Hmmm...I would think Crystal may file such an order to use in a custody suit to be filed later by her newly acquired attorney to make the other parent look bad. I even think a person may say it was because the other party refused to do it so it was the reason it was filed. Not that it is true, but it sure adds to the drama.

Hmmm...I would think Crystal may file such an order to use in a custody suit to be filed later by her newly acquired attorney to make the other parent look bad. I even think a person may say it was because the other party refused to do it so it was the reason it was filed. Not that it is true, but it sure adds to the drama.

There is nothing I can say that won't be argued here, so we will have to agree to disagree :) I'm glad Crystal has finally started stepping up and standing up for herself and her beliefs.
Only time will tell SS..

The 12 missed Dr. appts. comes from one of the two custody documents posted online. Crystal admitted to the missed appts. as the Judge was reviewing the Dr. records which showed all of the missed, re-scheduled, and missed again appts.

The documents can be found in the Documents thread, though I'm sure most of us here already know this anyway..

Thank you so much! Why is she having to file an emergency order for counseling for RJ !

Good for Crystal..

I'm just shocked, given AS's description of Jr's nightmares and refusal to sleep without Misty or Ron in the house, that counseling has not already begun. If what AS says is true, that little boy's pain is pretty obvious.

And you could be right too. And it could have been a combination of the 2. Thankfully I've only experienced regular depression (grief) which was awful enough...I'm so glad I've never been to that horrible dark place others have gone to (one of my dearest and oldest best friends recently committed suicide and seemed to me like he had the world at his feet) and hope you never go there again.

Me too! And, I'm so sorry about your friend. It is a hard thing for the friends and family to go through, feeling guilty and angry and sad all at once. You take care!

Hi Bunny! Sorry I was gone for a while.

I have no way of knowing anything in her case. It's just that with a black, clinical depression you couldn't pull yourself up if the house was on fire. You can't function, and not being able to do the things you have to do makes it even worse. People kill themselves just to make it stop. I'd rather feel physical pain than ever go to that place again.

However, this was just a thought that struck me; like I said, I don't know her and you could be right.

ITA. ;) Knowing people and working with people struggling with clinical depression--I know one woman who wouldn't shower for weeks--makes me open to this possibility that Crystal may have been suffering. It is still such a stigma and that is pathetic...we "forgive" physical ailments yet mental illness remains shrouded in pain...just not right.

MOO

Is it possible that Crystal was simply doing the best thing for her son? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Another consideration, when Crystal was working as a waitress, and not paying child support, I'm sure in that area tips weren't very much and waitresses only make about 2 dollars an hour. She had to have some clothing, transportation and I don't know what arrangements she had with her mother for living expenses, but I'm thinking she was stretched too thin to provide for anyone. She knew Ron was working and the kids were eating and she just couldn't do more. Gee, I don't know her frame of mind, it is my opinion
only that she has functioned for a long time in a very low place and I am very proud of her now for taking a stand for Jr.

If Ron has refused counseling for that child and I have no knowledge of this, it is beyond
reprehensible. I'm sorry but I don't see Crystal as trying to make trouble for Ron. Heck, if I was her, the whole situation would be beyond horror and his part in this would not
be considered benign.

I pray for Haleigh daily and Crystal , and Jr. too. These are my opinions

I wonder if jr will go with Crystal I hope she is the one to take him.

Sorry, but no matter how hard I try...just don't see RC taking kids to therapy...

You do realize he would have to contribute to the session? A difficult task for some men and can't see him participating...IMO

He will most likely put that task on someone else.

PorcineGranny...that was a great post #150. I don't have buttons for "thanks" so I will leave this for you.

PorcineGranny...that was a great post #150. I don't have buttons for "thanks" so I will leave this for you.

Whisperer, what has happened to your thanks buttons? Did you misplace them or loan them to someone and not get them back? :D Seriously, I know you have done an F5 to refresh the page. Why are they gone?

You can use mine any time.

Why depressed? I've never heard of her being depressed. It sounds to me like she was using drugs. I can't imagine not taking my daughter to the dr. because I was feeling "depressed" but I can see drug affected people, who don't usually think straight, thinking it would be ok to neglect a child's health.

You would be very surprised then to know that depression causes a lot of people not to do a lot of things. Not trying to argue, Just saying depression is crippling. Ask anyone whos ever been there.

You would be very surprised then to know that depression causes a lot of people not to do a lot of things. Not trying to argue, Just saying depression is crippling. Ask anyone whos ever been there.

Who said it wasn't?

Why depressed? I've never heard of her being depressed. It sounds to me like she was using drugs. I can't imagine not taking my daughter to the dr. because I was feeling "depressed" but I can see drug affected people, who don't usually think straight, thinking it would be ok to neglect a child's health.

Many people on drugs are self medicating their depression and it just cycles endlessly from there.

Is it possible that Crystal was simply doing the best thing for her son? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
I posted earlier that I feel it is in Rj's best interest for him to be seeing a counselor.

However, I disagree that Ronald refused to take him and this was the real reason behind her filing it. (I didn't make the comment. I was only responding to it.)

I posted earlier that I feel it is in Rj's best interest for him to be seeing a counselor.

However, I disagree that Ronald refused to take him and this was the real reason behind her filing it. (I didn't make the comment. I was only responding to it.)

I see nothing wrong with making it known that one parent has requested counseling for her child and, due to problems with cooperation between the two parents, having it be a part of the legal documentation regarding the care of the child. Maybe Ronald did agree to get Jr counseling; I don't know that he didn't. Maybe a verbal agreement IS in place and Jr has received counseling. However, based on everything else I've ever read regarding this case, Crystal made the wise choice to put it into the court's hands that it either continues, or begins.

Jr's well-being depends on it.

I agree. I'm dealing with depression with a family member right now. It affects everything he does. Therapy is helping, but it takes time. If anyone has never dealt with it, they have no idea what it does. I've suffered mild depression myself. I can well understand not wanting to get out of bed... because it drains you, you have no strength left. It literally makes you sick, both physically and mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314