Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I spank my child just like DFS says I can."

Ronald Cummings, Geraldo Rivera interview, 2009.

Goodness....are you trying to turn Crystal's thread into a "to spank or not to spank" debate thread? I think you are getting a bit off topic.

"I spank my child just like DFS says I can."

Ronald Cummings, Geraldo Rivera interview, 2009.

This is JMO here, but courts often require parenting classes as part of awarding custody. I don't think that's a bad idea. If DFS ever investigated the home, they also can request the parent attend parenting classes. The fact that Ron has been instructed (and apparently understands) what DFS considers reasonable corporal punishment is not a bad thing, IMVHO.

So an abandoned truck on a big piece of property in the country? Horses, pasture land. Could be anything out there. I should ride down and see it; it sounds pretty.

It was apparentley a friends truck that had left it on the property let me find a link.

It was apparentley a friends truck that had left it on the property let me find a link.

I'm sorry, don't go to any trouble. It just sounded to me that whatever was found on the property could have belonged to just about anyone.

I'm sorry, don't go to any trouble. It just sounded to me that whatever was found on the property could have belonged to just about anyone.

Thats allright Gracenote here is the link...

An officer taking part in the search from the Palatka Police Department found two crack pipes and a plastic container with cocaine residue inside a pickup truck parked at the property, according to a report from Deputy Jerald Peterson of the Baker County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputy Peterson was maintaining a perimeter when Detective Peggy Cone advised him of the discovery. The drug paraphernalia came from inside a cigarette pack in the 1991 green and white Ford registered to Jesse Watkins, who was not immediately located.

The vehicle was parked on the opposite side of the property away from the family’s mobile homes

http://bakercountypress.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2322&Itemid=1

Can anyone explain why Crystal would have taken a life insurance policy out on Haleigh? Do we know when she did this? How could she not be paying child support, but coming up with money to pay premiums on a life insurance policy on a 4 year old?

It's not only mentioned in the article, but also on the news report that went to air. I've never heard Crystal deny it, so I'm thinking she probably did have a policy (and the reporter didn't make it up). If that is true, that could be a huuuuuuge motive to make Haleigh disappear.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18706639/detail.html

Can anyone explain why Crystal would have taken a life insurance policy out on Haleigh? Do we know when she did this? How could she not be paying child support, but coming up with money to pay premiums on a life insurance policy on a 4 year old?

It's not only mentioned in the article, but also on the news report that went to air. I've never heard Crystal deny it, so I'm thinking she probably did have a policy (and the reporter didn't make it up). If that is true, that could be a huuuuuuge motive to make Haleigh disappear.

I have an insurance policy out on my daughter, and husband, that doesn't mean I am going to kill them and collect- I think its a responsible thing to do, oh and my hubby has one on me too, hope hes not going to off me!

And all have been asked about it, including the truck's owner, and all deny knowledge of it.

But I don't think it matters which one of them "owned" it....I think the fact it was on a property where children live is what is relevant. I wouldn't want my kids on a property where a crack pipe was being stored, no matter who owned it. Nor would I want children to be anywhere near anyone using crack. Crackheads have been known to sell children for money in the past. They do just about anything for cash. And unless someone set the family up, I think it's pretty clear it belonged to someone associated with the property.

I have an insurance policy out on my daughter, and husband, that doesn't mean I am going to kill them and collect- I think its a responsible thing to do, oh and my hubby has one on me too, hope hes not going to off me!

I have policies on my children as well so I do not find it odd.

I would hope you are not neglecting your financial obligations towards your children. And I assume your child has not gone missing, and that you weren't served with a warrant for contempt re refusing to meet your obligations re your child recently?

If not, I don't really see how you can compare the situations.

I would hope you are not neglecting your financial obligations towards your children. And I assume your child has not gone missing, and that you weren't served with a warrant for contempt re refusing to meet your obligations re your child recently?

If not, I don't really see how you can compare the situations.

Even if all that happened for some really messed up reason, I still think its responsible to have insurance on your child-

Trying to wrap my head around some timelines, curious if this is a lifestyle issue.

Crystal admits doing cocaine while pregnant - date of coke use?

Crystal says she has not been using cocaine for about a year - iirc would mean she is saying she's been clean since Dec 2004

Crystal went to rehab after apart from Ron - date?

Court docs référence a cocaine problem Crystal was having - date? Summer 05 I think?

Cocaine found during search of Griffis/Sheffield property - July 2009?

If anyone can fill in blanks and put them in order for me that would be great.

I have policies on my children as well so I do not find it odd.

If you were facing jail for contempt for refusing to honor your legal obligations towards one of your children, lived in a motor home, and were in deep financial doo doo, and your child went missing....I would find it very odd indeed.

I had a life insurance policy on my son when he was 3 months old and my mother paid the policy.
http://www.gerberlife.com/gl/view/index.jsp

I also have policies on my husband and self and my grown chidren, but, we did not obtain them until we lost our 10 year old in 2000. I find it hard to believe Crystal felt a life insurance policy was more important than paying child support. By the way I was a funeral director for a few years( worked my way up from door to door preneed sales) and this way of thinking at her age is a little hinky in itself, that money would of been better served by paying court ordered childsupport and she would not need to appear for a contempt of court hearing and facing Jail time.

My parents had them on us. My sister's was just enough to bury her when she died of cancer. Mine was cashed in years ago.

I have policies on my kids it is not that much money to get life insurance for your child you can pay as little as $2.00 a month for a $30,000 policy.

This is snipped from the article:

Haleigh's mother claimed to have purchased a whole-life insurance policy for her and the children. However, investigators said they have no information about the policy

I dont know how much you can put into it as LE had not confirmed it..

If you were facing jail for contempt for refusing to honor your legal obligations towards one of your children, lived in a motor home, and were in deep financial doo doo, and your child went missing....I would find it very odd indeed.

I'm sorry but we don't even know when the policy had been taken out for her and her children, and where did you get info she was living in a motorhome ..link please..TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth