Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the fact someone has a policy on their child is suspicious. Lots of spouses have policies on each other. Most don't kill each other for the policy proceeds, but it does happen.

Plus, I think it should have been a far higher priority for her to take care of her child when she was alive (by paying child support), than invest financially in a policy on her life. If she was paying the child support and not facing court for contempt for not paying for her child, it would not be nearly as suspicious.

I also have policies on my husband and self and my grown chidren, but, we did not obtain them until we lost our 10 year old in 2000. I find it hard to believe Crystal felt a life insurance policy was more important than paying child support. By the way I was a funeral director for a few years( worked my way up from door to door preneed sales) and this way of thinking at her age is a little hinky in itself, that money would of been better served by paying court ordered childsupport and she would not need to appear for a contempt of court hearing and facing Jail time.

BBM
OT: I never would have guessed that about you TM39 in a million years. That is a very necessary job but I would think an emotionally difficult one.

Ok back OT I promise.

I'm sorry but we don't even know when the policy had been taken out for her and her children, and where did you get info she was living in a motorhome ..link please..TIA

Sorry, not a motor home...I think you guys call them trailers in the USA? I'm not sure the terminology, but I think you know what I mean.

I also have policies on my husband and self and my grown chidren, but, we did not obtain them until we lost our 10 year old in 2000. I find it hard to believe Crystal felt a life insurance policy was more important than paying child support. By the way I was a funeral director for a few years( worked my way up from door to door preneed sales) and this way of thinking at her age is a little hinky in itself, that money would of been better served by paying court ordered childsupport and she would not need to appear for a contempt of court hearing and facing Jail time.

Why is in hinky when in the birth units now a days you get life insurance stuff to put on your child sponsored by Gerber babyfood? I have insurance on absolutely anything, I got good financial advice long ago.

Why is in hinky when in the birth units now a days you get life insurance stuff to put on your child sponsored by Gerber babyfood? I have insurance of absolutely anything, I got good financial advice long ago.

Are you saying she got the life insurance at birth, through Gerber babyfood? Link please. I've never seen that before. I thought that for all we know she took it out a month before she went missing, didn't realize you'd sleuthed it and figured out it was a gerber's policy.

Are you saying she got the life insurance at birth, through Gerber babyfood? Link please. I've never seen that before. I thought that for all we know she took it out a month before she went missing, didn't realize you'd sleuthed it and figured out it was a gerber's policy.

No, thats not what I said at all.

Sorry, not a motor home...I think you guys call them trailers in the USA? I'm not sure the terminology, but I think you know what I mean.

LOL...Yes we call them trailers or Mobile homes , I thought that is what you meant but wasn't for sure. :) I've seen some mobile homes that are much nicer then stickbuilt homes so I do not feel living in one would be cause for concern or a show of having money troubles. In fact I believe Crystal lives in one now along with alot of Haleighs family..:)

They are called mobile homes, trailers, pre-fabricated homes. Using any of these terms is not the problem, what becomes the problem is when it is used to describe that these homes are for people who do not have "good" fortune in life. That is when it becomes the problem.

So let's move away from that part for referencing someone's home.

They are called mobile homes, trailers, pre-fabricated homes. Using any of these terms is not the problem, what becomes the problem is when it is used to describe that these homes are for people who do not have "good" fortune in life. That is when it becomes the problem.

I have no problem with people living in mobile homes...in fact, some would say they are the smart ones, without the overheads of a normal home etc. I was only meaning that they are cheaper homes, and note that they are not everyone's first choice, and would be more than often used by people who had not had good "financial" fortune...no insult meant in that! The difference between those people could be as simple as an inheritance or a lottery win....there are nice rich people and nice poor people and I don't see how that was taken as insulting to anyone???

Why is in hinky when in the birth units now a days you get life insurance stuff to put on your child sponsored by Gerber babyfood? I have insurance on absolutely anything, I got good financial advice long ago.

The policy itself isn't hinky but what makes it seem odd is the fact that she wasnt paying child support but some how the life insurance was being paid. Im not saying either way but I can understand why its being questioned:)

BBM
OT: I never would have guessed that about you TM39 in a million years. That is a very necessary job but I would think an emotionally difficult one.

Ok back OT I promise.

I have done a few interesting thing over the 23 years I have been employed. I now am a kept women 340 days of the year and own 3 firework stands AND ONLY WORK ABOUT 25 DAYS OUT OF A YEAR.:woohoo:

Re: life insurance policy on Haleigh

Wftv mentions it in this article:

"Haleigh's mother claimed to have purchased a whole-life insurance policy for her and the children. However, investigators said they have no information about the policy."
http://www.wftv.com/news/18706639/detail.html

I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere else.

I know when I had my children (and for at least 5 years afterward) that we received solicitation from Gerber Life at least monthly. We didn't buy the policies, but my in-laws did. The Gerber Life policies are relatively inexpensive and it is not at all unusual that someone would have one of these policies.

I have policies on my kids it is not that much money to get life insurance for your child you can pay as little as $2.00 a month for a $30,000 policy.

This is snipped from the article:

Haleigh's mother claimed to have purchased a whole-life insurance policy for her and the children. However, investigators said they have no information about the policy

http://www.wftv.com/news/18706639/detail.html

I dont know how much you can put into it as LE had not confirmed it..

I know this is very off topic but, years ago my grandfather took policy out on all of this grandkids. it was not much, it was paid in full. he gave the papers to my mom. and the papers got lost, is there data base to find old life insurance polices that have not been cashed in

sorry for going off topic

It is funny how a few things that have came out about crystal have been overshadowed or bullied away from discussions. Like this insurance policy and the correct amount of back child support owed and the one I would love to know the truth about is the night LE and an ambulance had to respond to the HaLeigh bug center after 1am in the morning to retrieve a wounded (by an ax) Crystal Sheffield.

ETA: That kind of drama overshadowed rons outburst last weekend IMO

Crystal has stated publicly that she stopped using when she found out she was pregnant. She then found Ronald using one day and was kicked in the head for saying something about him using. So, while you might want to think Ronald was in his right mind, she was pregnant with Jr when Ronald was arrested and made a plea agreement for drug charges.

And where did this incident occur ?

I know this is very off topic but, years ago my grandfather took policy out on all of this grandkids. it was not much, it was paid in full. he gave the papers to my mom. and the papers got lost, is there data base to find old life insurance polices that have not been cashed in

You can try: http://www.unclaimed.org/

I found some money there for my step-sister a few years back; it was a rental deposit from years ago that she had totally forgotten about.

So if he took a plea while crystal was pregnant, and she admitted she did drugs while pregnant, I would go out on a limb based on that that Ron knew about it-

jmo

And if they were living with Ron's mother or grandmother at the time, as I believe they usually were, most likely at least of those women could also have been aware of the drug use and the physical abuse.

I have done a few interesting thing over the 23 years I have been employed. I now am a kept women 340 days of the year and own 3 firework stands AND ONLY WORK ABOUT 25 DAYS OUT OF A YEAR.:woohoo:

That sounds wonderful. I'd like to be kept; instead I have to do the keeping. My dog and cat refuse to get jobs:beagle::cat: no matter how I try to make them.

It's nice to learn a bit more about my fellow posters. I better drop it now before Ms. PattyG makes me do so.
I can't find fireworks so here is an icecream sundae instead. :sundae:

You can goto the Attorney General site for the state that the policy was in and look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005