Crystal S., Haleigh's mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we are definitely moving...I just don't know where to.

Oh wow...this makes me wonder if she can only be ID'd by DNA versus a visual ID... I hate to even think that.. :confused:

Some how I think it has more to do with ruling out suspects than IDing Haleigh. IDK, I hope we find out soon.

Someone with DNA knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong. But I think Haleigh could be ID'd with her dad or moms dna. Kinda makes me think that they need to test to rule out dna ID on evidence.
Hmmm...if they have Haleigh's DNA (which I am sure they do) from her toothbrush etc. I don't believe it would be neccessary to have Crystal's to make an ID on evidence. Rj should have the same DNA and since Ronald is cooperating with LE...I don't think they would need a warrant to obtain it. So in this respect...it is curious to me why they would want to find her and why they are telling anyone about it as tightlipped as they have been. How did it get out?

ETA: Unless they are using Mitochondrial DNA to match something.

Results from some of the evidence had to of come back by now. This may be why the dogs were out today. Now they are asking for DNA? Wow..I think it will be a long night.
I bet Crystal flipped once they asked her for DNA!

I'm thinking collapsed.

What an awful thing to be going through for this family....

maybe ron has refused to give a sample?

does LE need crystal's dna to compare to some found in the trailer?

Wouldn't Crystal have a cell phone? Especially during this time in case someone needs to find her?
People have reported seeing her on a cell phone, but doesn't mean it is her own phone. LE may not have wanted advanced notice either.

Hmmm...if they have Haleigh's DNA (which I am sure they do) from her toothbrush etc. I don't believe it would be neccessary to have Crystal's to make an ID on evidence. Rj should have the same DNA and since Ronald is cooperating with LE...I don't think they would need a warrant to obtain it. So in this respect...it is curious to me why they would want to find her and why they are telling anyone about it as tightlipped as they have been. How did it get out?

ITA, that's kind of a big whopper of a statement to the press especially since they haven't told Crystal yet. Why openly state something like that before actually getting the DNA?

ETA: I'm assuming Crystal doesn't know and LE for some reason wants the sample asap.

maybe ron has refused to give a sample?

does LE need crystal's dna to compare to some found in the trailer?
No way would I believe he would refuse such a request.

There is a discrepancy as Crystal said she had never been inside the trailer, but MG said she has.

Why would it be so urgent they would need to track her down at the Doctor's office if she had a scheduled appointment? Wouldn't they normally wait until she just came back to camp?!

I still don't understand how the media landed this one or if LE put it out on purpose. If they did...why? Are they concerned she has taken off?

My opinion... something came back and they want Crystal's dna to "rule her out" ... RC's dna could be used to match against HC...or as SS has said, they could have used HC's toothbrush or whatnot to ID her.

I think my theory is coming to a close....*drum roll*

I think if they "found" Haileigh we would see more comotion around on the news.
I think they are collecting DNA for elimination of evidence... perhaps the results of the brick came back or something and it showed it was a female..so they are eliminating them one by one?:confused:

I just have a sick feeling that maybe they have found little Haleigh....makes me sad

you're absolutely right.
my guess would be that they need a sample from the mother to compare to a sample that they've some how obtained from their investigation. if they're using mitochondrial dna, they would need a maternal dna sample.

it's not looking good.

Why would it be so urgent they would need to track her down at the Doctor's office if she had a scheduled appointment? Wouldn't they normally wait until she just came back to camp?!

I still don't understand how the media landed this one or if LE put it out on purpose. If they did...why? Are they concerned she has taken off?

Wouldn't they keep it quiet if they thought that? So as not to let her know they knew?

you're absolutely right.
my guess would be that they need a sample from the mother to compare to a sample that they've some how obtained from their investigation. if they're using mitochondrial dna, they would need a maternal dna sample.

it's not looking good.

Which would be the quickest method to determine a match?
Would the Mitochondrial dna take just as long as a regular dna match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay