Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #11 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several of FD's lawyers asked to relieved as counsel shortly after JD disappeared. I assumed that the people didn't want to represent FD anymore, but I have a memory of court records stating why the were moving on, but can't find it. I have some questions about the whys, and those answers may be related to the "early attorney" meeting. These are all over the place, but the answers might be helpful. If anyone can point me in the right direction to find the attorneys' names and reason for dropping FD as a client, I would appreciate it.
  • I am fairly certain that one of the lawyers stated "for cause" in his motion to be dismissed as FD's representative. Am wondering if that might be related to the theft of the family psych report.
  • I also thought at the time that the attorneys might be stepping down at the time on principle OR because they weren't being paid.
  • Another reason for an early meeting before the holiday weekend might have been related to the family court hearing scheduled for the Tuesday (?) after the holiday and Jennifer's disappearance.
  • They were comments that JD was challenging information in the psych report. Could the lawyer have brought something to the attention of FD that Friday morning which infuriated FD enough that he snapped and decided to "silence or have it out" with J?
I agree with many of you who feel NP is sending all kinds of signals to MT. The things NP has said in the past few days really don't make much sense when compared to his comments earlier. I remember someone asking when FD was going to say something or other and NP replied, "When I tell him he can." NP is in control and pretty slippery as he continues to "do the best he can for his client," regardless of who he steamrolls. Hope tomorrow's court hearing clears up the MT/FD relationship to some extent.

Per this article these attorneys sought to withdraw as FD's counsel:
In the divorce case Michael Rose sought to withdraw for "good cause". In the GF loan case 1) the law firm Markowitz and Mawhinney sought to withdraw citing the retirement age of one partner and a new focus on a different kind of law for another; and 2) John Clifford sought to withdraw citing “Serious issues ... make it impossible under our rules of professional conduct to continue... The attorney-client relationship has clearly broken down.” Lawyers looking to drop Fotis Dulos in divorce case, loan lawsuit

Last edited:
I did not see any attached declarations BUT wouldn’t her attorney(s) have to explain WHY in court tomorrow? I mean you can’t just go in front of the Judge and ask that neither FD nor NP have contact with them or MT and also ask for her to leave the state for a few weeks without establishing why?
Thanks again for all your hard work on this board—not just this case!

Yes. I look forward to it.

Several of FD's lawyers asked to relieved as counsel shortly after JD disappeared. I assumed that the people didn't want to represent FD anymore, but I have a memory of court records stating why the were moving on, but can't find it. I have some questions about the whys, and those answers may be related to the "early attorney" meeting. These are all over the place, but the answers might be helpful. If anyone can point me in the right direction to find the attorneys' names and reason for dropping FD as a client, I would appreciate it.
  • I am fairly certain that one of the lawyers stated "for cause" in his motion to be dismissed as FD's representative. Am wondering if that might be related to the theft of the family psych report.
  • I also thought at the time that the attorneys might be stepping down at the time on principle OR because they weren't being paid.
  • Another reason for an early meeting before the holiday weekend might have been related to the family court hearing scheduled for the Tuesday (?) after the holiday and Jennifer's disappearance.
  • They were comments that JD was challenging information in the psych report. Could the lawyer have brought something to the attention of FD that Friday morning which infuriated FD enough that he snapped and decided to "silence or have it out" with J?
I agree with many of you who feel NP is sending all kinds of signals to MT. The things NP has said in the past few days really don't make much sense when compared to his comments earlier. I remember someone asking when FD was going to say something or other and NP replied, "When I tell him he can." NP is in control and pretty slippery as he continues to "do the best he can for his client," regardless of who he steamrolls. Hope tomorrow's court hearing clears up the MT/FD relationship to some extent.

Here’s a media report about the requests from 3 lawyers to drop FD:
(There were more too with more details- said it goes beyond financial considerations)

Lawyers looking to drop Fotis Dulos in divorce case, loan lawsuit

Also see:

“On Thursday the attorney representing Fotis Dulos in the divorce and custody dispute filed a motion to withdraw from the case.
The motion, filed Thursday by attorney Michael Rose, states that considerations other than compensation will prevent the firm from continuing to represent Fotis.”
New Canaan Mother Has Been Missing for 2 Weeks

The NYP had reported a couple of weeks ago when GF was awarded temp custody that its 1,200SF which with 5 kids is a push IMO. I agree that I would have thought she would have larger apt if she lived in City full time and used PR on the weekends. Maybe the Post got it wrong IDK?
1200 feet is totally doable for a bunch of people IMO, maybe not what they're used to, but they can make do.

Here’s some food for thought, from the NHR article today:

Is this just my imagination running wild, or might this be plausible chain of events? All this is hypothesis of the moment, of course, pending actual facts and witnesses.
So many scenarios, so much time, waiting, hoping, to hear what LE has on him...

Lawyer: ‘Michelle knows’ where Fotis was when Jennifer Dulos disappeared

All interesting but I am inclined to believe the murder was more carefully planned, from the moment he buzz cut his hair. If he met with his lawyer early that morn, I believe it was part of the plan, trying to get as much alibi as he could -- but he just can't explain the gaping window, because that's when he turned off his phone, murdered his wife, moved her car, dispensed with her body. I believe he did not make it back to Farmington until very close to the 1:37 ping when he turned his phone back on, and Norm is playing games trying to lure MT into providing an alibi.

I went looking for something to make the case solid that LE has both FD and MT on Albany Ave with the trash bags and I found this tweet from local news reporter Fox61 Ashley Afonso (@AshleyAfonso):

22 Jun

Commissioner Rovella also said they are still confident it was Fotis Dulos and Michelle Traconis in Albany Ave footage.

Sad that the Commissioner got so little coverage as the media was fixated on 'Gone Girl' vs the trashbin odyssey? Pattis has only mentioned the trashbin odyssey a couple of times as he has spent most of his time in the press victim bashing, reaching out to MT, researching what is going on with MT and introducing the concept of revenge suicide to the press and public of CT.

Can anyone tell me if previous threads discussed what happened 8 days before JD was murdered? Between GF and FD ? I don’t want to be repetitive and bring up something previously discussed.
I don't think so (haven't seen any mention here on WS of any interactions between FD and / nor any 'family members' prior to JD's disappearance). If it's on MSM, I must have missed it, but if it wasn't, I would not be surprised at all.

In the divorce case Michael Rose sought to withdraw for "good cause". In the GF loan case 1) the law firm Markowitz and Mawhinney sought to withdraw citing the retirement age of one partner and a new focus on a different kind of law for another; and 2) John Clifford sought to withdraw citing “Serious issues ... make it impossible under our rules of professional conduct to continue... The attorney-client relationship has clearly broken down.” Lawyers looking to drop Fotis Dulos in divorce case, loan lawsuit

Many, many thanks! AND, thanks to the others who have chimed in.

I especially am interested in the motion substituting in someone for GF. This certainly might be part of the John Clifford break and perhaps the Markowitz and Mawhinney. I am also interested in Michael Rose's "good cause."

Until NP popped into FD's life, FD's legal representatives must have come to know FD fairly well and elected to leave. Hmmmmm….This is really a complex case what lots of possible motives for the FD's possible actions against JD.

Last edited:
Thank you @Twistinginthewind and @afitzy Okay so 8 days before 5/16/19 he killed her there were motions being filed from GF about the loan and she requested to substitute someone in and the court granted it.
View attachment 191081

And in the previous motion GF said FD was harassing her.
View attachment 191082
Thanks, didn't hear that, but of course, not surprised at all about the various aspects of financial quicksand for FD leading up to JD's "disappearance", and that he would harass her mother. IMO his goose was cooked in 2017 (after JD's dad dies and JD files for divorce), and everything FD has done since then was super desperate and transparent to JD's loved ones and LE / SA once it all comes out. Should be soon IMO.

I especially am interested in the motion substituting in someone for GF. This certainly might be part of the John Clifford break and perhaps the Markowitz and Mawhinney. I am also interested in Michael Rose's "good cause."

Until NP popped into FD's life, FD's legal representatives must have come to know FD fairly well and elected to leave. Hmmmmm….This is really a complex case what lots of possible motives for the FD's possible actions against JD.
I'm curious if these atty's that have chosen to run for the hills can be called as witnesses by the State in Criminal Court or are they protected under privilege?

Wasn't Michael Rose the atty. that had the infamous psych report that FD allegedly 'stole' from him and the report was later found by Pattis and illegally leaked to the press? Could this event have been his "good cause"? Down and Dirty Theft of a Document by FD?

Wasn't Michael Rose the atty. that had the infamous psych report that FD allegedly 'stole' from him and the report was later found by Pattis and illegally leaked to the press? Could this event have been his "good cause"? Down and Dirty Theft of a Document by FD?

That is the one and, IMO, certainly could be the "good cause."

Digging more on the quickbooks fiasco which happened in March 2019. upload_2019-6-27_22-23-12.jpeg

@Tink56 so this is what happened: In the GF vs FD lawsuit she requested to change the person who represents the Farber Estate and will of Hilliard Farber since she said she doesn’t know as much as the retired attorney John Schmitt did since he personally dealt with Hilliard’s business dealings and current attorney Mark Dean. Also because FD was using this lawsuit as a chance to harass her because he was angry about the divorce. She got both substitutes approved even though FD objected to the substitutes. They dragged that on for couple months up until 5/16/19 , 8 days before her death. Attached is them asking for quickbooks since February and FD Attorney Clifford dodges then.

Attachments

• FED03882-83B9-4CFA-8C65-9FA81BD21E94.jpeg
    FED03882-83B9-4CFA-8C65-9FA81BD21E94.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 25
  • AA625EC3-6E3F-47E2-9B2C-3D7F72A7F2A7.jpeg
    AA625EC3-6E3F-47E2-9B2C-3D7F72A7F2A7.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Unless any of them sue for payment owed—wow! I mean it speaks very much to FD if people paid to represent him would rather drop him as a client. Their reasons suggest he is beyond difficult...like the type of person used to getting his way and when he doesn’t goes to extreme limits to remove whatever is in his way. That’s a great find. Thank you for sharing! I also read in a few MSM articles that FD has also represented himself occasionally. Wonder how long NP will stick around. Even if NP and FD seem to be so well suited to one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper