Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably sold it on Craiglist to buy some gas to fill up the truck to drive to NC to sweep out Sturbridge property!
Speaking of sweeping... After a couple of weeks of constantly seeing FD running, sweeping, hoverboarding, eating sushi, he seems to have vanished. (God, I don't mean that in the literal sense!) Do folks think this is a calculated move to lay low, press devoting less energy to stalking him -or a combination of the two?

I would love a reminder of who is representing whom for what. Is Colangelo representing GF in the custody case?
Welcome! Glad you found this case.

No Case Norm likes to go on the AJ and Friends morning radio show and I believe Pattis mentioned in their chat a couple of weeks ago the exact case that you provided the link to (Pattis just said that he and Colangelo had battled in court previously and Colangelo had prevailed but didn't really discuss details from the case - par for the course with Pattis IMO). Pattis said that Colangelo got the better of him in that case but then he also made some cryptic comments about mistakes he/Pattis made in not trying to resolve the matter directly with Colangelo vs taking the matter to court.

I haven't had time to search out the case but now that you identified the case name it shouldn't be too hard to dig up the file and take a read. Thanks for posting the info as it will be interesting to see Pattis process that didn't have a positive outcome for him!

I have my fingers crossed that the Colangelo slow and steady wins the race strategy will prevail in this sad case! Getting the warrants locked down and away from Pattis and Crew was an inspired move so the defense at the moment doesn't have much to work with other than the arrest warrants and FD account of events.

This is my first post to WS. Go easy on me! I have been following this case for awhile and I have appreciated the intelligent insights and discussion in this forum.

It occurred to me today that the State's Prosecutor and NP may have shared a case before. This is what I found: Sheehan v. Colangelo, 27 F. Supp. 2d 344 (D. Conn. 1998)

This gives me hope that the State of CT is thoroughly investigating the case before an arrest is made. This is a high profile case and the public is anxious to see progress but the Prosecution wants to ensure all bases are covered given that NP can pull some shady stuff. IMO.

Great find! Explains a lot. Welcome to WS!

Thank you! Blood tests are crazy expensive and perhaps Jennifer went through ivf (as I and so many others have) to have her children so blood tests are common and routine. If Fulos had been the primary on their insurance, the bill would only be addressed to him if it was overdue. Was the blood test bill addressed to Jennifer and he opened it?

There's been nothing stated by anyone on the bill except FD's lawyer bringing it up, nor whom it was addressed to. However, it doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility as discussed up thread quite a bit that a medical bill for JD was sent to FD's because she lived there before she filled for divorce and FD was supposed to be paying the medical insurance for the family but refused and said she could pay out of pocket when he claimed poverty in divorce proceedings. JMO.

Still playing catch up but in one of the articles yesterday it mentioned that the 14k figure was for tests done from Feb through April. In knowing that, it doesn't seem to be such an unreasonable bill. Also, it should be pointed out that we don't know if that 14k figure was the amount of the tests alone or the amount billed to the insured. Was it the cost of service or the premium payment? Knowing NP he'd state the former.

Haven't finished my coffee so here is my short hand. Had a surgery on my shoulder. Services billed was 23k. My portion was 2k.

Back to reading.

^^
Here is the article I read yesterday explaining that 14k medical amount. Note the word "worth". IMO
PS this is a Hartford Courant article so if you hit a pay wall open in a private window to view.

Fotis Dulos’ attorney asks judge to order release of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos’ medical records; Grandmother continues fight for custody of couple’s five children
In a motion Wednesday afternoon in Superior Court, Norm Pattis, Dulos’ attorney, wrote: “The defendant seeks information about the diagnosis and treatment Ms. Dulos received in the weeks before her disappearance as such information may shed light on what may have motivated her to disappear.”

The motion said Dulos has possession of some billing records that show $14,000 worth of tests, blood work and other diagnostic treatment from February through April of this year.

Pattis said they want to review so they can evaluate whether “Ms. Dulos, alarmed by her diagnosis and fearing that she might be able to raise the children on her own, took steps to cause her own disappearance in such a way as to raise suspicions about Mr. Dulos.”

^^
Here is the article I read yesterday explaining that 14k medical amount. Note the word "worth". IMO
PS this is a Hartford Courant article so if you hit a pay wall open in a private window to view.

Fotis Dulos’ attorney asks judge to order release of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos’ medical records; Grandmother continues fight for custody of couple’s five children
In a motion Wednesday afternoon in Superior Court, Norm Pattis, Dulos’ attorney, wrote: “The defendant seeks information about the diagnosis and treatment Ms. Dulos received in the weeks before her disappearance as such information may shed light on what may have motivated her to disappear.”

The motion said Dulos has possession of some billing records that show $14,000 worth of tests, blood work and other diagnostic treatment from February through April of this year.

Pattis said they want to review so they can evaluate whether “Ms. Dulos, alarmed by her diagnosis and fearing that she might be able to raise the children on her own, took steps to cause her own disappearance in such a way as to raise suspicions about Mr. Dulos.”

IMO what Pattis is claiming is a joke. Nobody would go to that extreme to "cause their own disappearance" when there's that many kids at home she loves and feels the need to protect.

Girlfriend of missing New Canaan mom’s estranged husband due in court (with clip)

Jul 18, 2019

"STAMFORD -
The girlfriend of the estranged husband of a missing New Canaan mother will appear in court Thursday.

Michelle Troconis will appear before a judge in Stamford for a hearing connected to charges she faces in the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

Jennifer's estranged husband Fotis Dulos and Troconis are both charged with hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence in the case. Both entered a not-guilty plea.

Police say the two were seen on surveillance video throwing away evidence containing Jennifer Dulos’ blood.

Fotis is expected to appear in court on Aug. 2. "

Girlfriend of missing New Canaan mom’s estranged husband due in court

^^

This is sad. So NP is suggesting Jennifer took off or killed herself because she might have been sick? With what? Depression? Menopause? A chronic disease? Cancer? Whatever it is, it will make her a more sympathetic figure. Not everyone who is sick offs themself. Especially a mother of 5 children. These numerous, extreme suggestions are getting really really old. She was murdered at her home and taken away. Please.

Still playing catch up but in one of the articles yesterday it mentioned that the 14k figure was for tests done from Feb through April. In knowing that, it doesn't seem to be such an unreasonable bill. Also, it should be pointed out that we don't know if that 14k figure was the amount of the tests alone or the amount billed to the insured. Was it the cost of service or the premium payment? Knowing NP he'd state the former.

Haven't finished my coffee so here is my short hand. Had a surgery on my shoulder. Services billed was 23k. My portion was 2k.

Back to reading.
Also, could it at least, be an unpaid bill brought forward. He did stop the health insurance for the children, could he have done the same for her coverage?

The IRS has been gutted and doesn't have the resources it once had to conduct investigations. Corporations and the wealthy are making out like bandits. I wouldn't expect anything there.
I have a family member who is an independent contractor (so receives a 1099 every year) who didn't file income taxes for 5 years on a total income of just approximately $150,000 for those 5 years and IRS did step in and the end result, because of interest and penalties, was a nightmare for them, to say the least. Granted, this was no big amount of money owed to the IRS (only around $150,000) but they still pursued it and they (the IRS) had no mercy.

While there probably won't be much revealed at today's hearing for MT, there will be subtle clues I will be looking for, both in and out of the courtroom. Interaction between the lawyers, MT's demeanor, whether or not her lawyer makes any comments to the media of any significance (my guess is no), how far out her next court date is scheduled, and whether her lawyer files any pretrial motions to suppress evidence or dismiss the charges against his client. I do not anticipate the prosecutor will reveal any of the evidence LE has obtained , but even silence tells us quite a bit. If the case is merely passed, with no indication that MT's counsel is challenging her prosecution, it is a safe bet that she is cooperating. If she has not been 1000% truthful to LE, do not expect the prosecutor accommodate her request to remain out of jurisdiction. If he agrees that she can modify any conditions of release, Houston, we have lift off (JMO).

While there probably won't be much revealed at today's hearing for MT, there will be subtle clues I will be looking for, both in and out of the courtroom. Interaction between the lawyers, MT's demeanor, whether or not her lawyer makes any comments to the media of any significance (my guess is no), how far out her next court date is scheduled, and whether her lawyer files any pretrial motions to suppress evidence or dismiss the charges against his client. I do not anticipate the prosecutor will reveal any of the evidence LE has obtained , but even silence tells us quite a bit. If the case is merely passed, with no indication that MT's counsel is challenging her prosecution, it is a safe bet that she is cooperating. If she has not been 1000% truthful to LE, do not expect the prosecutor accommodate her request to remain out of jurisdiction. If he agrees that she can modify any conditions of release, Houston, we have lift off (JMO).

Are you saying that you think MT will ask for continued visitation with her NYC relative? I hadn't thought of that but why not. She doesn't really have anyone in CT except FD and per her lawyer he is to have no contact whatsoever with her. If she requests to remain out of jurisdiction that would also be a big slap in the face to FD which I, personally, would delight in.

I know I said it before but here I am again...I am NOT suggesting that anyone sleuth or bother FD’s first wife, just that if I were on the JD case in another capacity, I’d want to ask her about the end of that marriage. I quite wonder if he saw the chance to get with JD after seeing her at the airport and knowing that her money would far surpass what his wife would earn as a lawyer (certainly not nothing but I’m talking about FD with his apparent focus on money at the (literal and figurative) expense of others. It makes me sick that he would not value JD primarily for the sweet, kind, caring person that all reports (but his) say she was but what we’ve learned about FD from his own words and actions makes me think he didn’t. It’s just reprehensible.

I’d like to know too. In regards to Domestic Violence, abusers do not change. He would have been abusive/controlling in this first marriage and any previous relationships, IMO. IMO, she would have things to tell LE to confirm his behavior or more. Maybe the fact that she is a lawyer could help. IMO, she got lucky and free from FD because he already had JD lined up and there were no kids to use as pawns as a means of control. I’d be very curious what she has to say. MOO.

I know I said it before but here I am again...I am NOT suggesting that anyone sleuth or bother FD’s first wife, just that if I were on the JD case in another capacity, I’d want to ask her about the end of that marriage. I quite wonder if he saw the chance to get with JD after seeing her at the airport and knowing that her money would far surpass what his wife would earn as a lawyer (certainly not nothing but I’m talking about FD with his apparent focus on money at the (literal and figurative) expense of others. It makes me sick that he would not value JD primarily for the sweet, kind, caring person that all reports (but his) say she was but what we’ve learned about FD from his own words and actions makes me think he didn’t. It’s just reprehensible.

I have a feeling that we will hear from her but at a later date. It's smart of her, IMO, to stay silent at this time.

Also, could it at least, be an unpaid bill brought forward. He did stop the health insurance for the children, could he have done the same for her coverage?

I’m sure he did stop JD’s coverage. Which makes you wonder how he is going to explain opening up a piece of mail that is not addressed to him, even if it was delivered to 4 JC. I don’t think there is any possibility that the bill was addressed to him. I am covered under my husband’s policy, but for Dr visits and lab work, all bills and statements come with my name on them, not my husband’s. I’d like to hear what FD has to say about this?

Appreciate your insight and agree with much of what you've shared.
I sniff that you've had a bit of legal experience or training. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum