Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to state very clearly this is only my opinion.

I have lived in 3 states and travelled at one time or another to nearly every other one in my life. I have never seen so much corruption, lawlessness, debauchery, criminal behavior, etc., etc. (I can't make the list long enough) in my life. I have lived here 11 years and they have been the worst 11 years of life. The things that have happened and been perpetuated on me and my family have left me with PTSD. I always considered myself outgoing, lucky, level-headed, kind, and I wanted to just live a quite life working in my chosen field and being a wife and mother. So many despicable things have happened to us that I don't tell people anymore because a) no one has this many things happen to them and b) there must be something wrong with me is what I would hear in return. I had never seen before the level of criminal activity from elected officials, officers of the court, law enforcement, financial managers, state/city/town employees, your neighbors, landlords, and on and on. Many here live in a bubble and this is all they know or they have never left the state to see how very different the rest of the country acts. What's the old adage, "if you can't beat um, join um?". In my opinion that's what happens here, people become criminals just to live. My husband and I are educated people with 5 colleges degrees between us and we can't make a life here. We have been homeless, moved 12 times because we couldn't find somewhere we could live that we could afford and was safe, taken advantage of so many times I've lost count, been stolen from on multiple occasions, and gone through 4 cars due to hit and run accidents in those 11 years. I have never moved into a dwelling that I didn't have to clean myself first and I have never lived anywhere with a functioning door lock. I had my groceries stolen from a Whole Foods in one of the poshest places of the state while I was attending to my child who had hurt herself. In fact, it's worth noting that most of these things happened in places considered the best this state has to offer (Old Saybrook, West Hartford, Glastonbury) and we're perpetrated on us by the wealthiest. We had a neighbor steal $3,000 dollars worth of electricity from us to grow the weed he was busted for distributing. As a child, I was the kid who walked up to other kids at campgrounds and made friends. In the 11 years I've been here I haven't been able to make a single real friend I could trust not to steal from or turn on me. This place destroyed my marriage, my family, my finances....when I read about FD, MT, NP, the oddities and questions arising from the courts, etc. it doesn't surprise me and it sounds quite normal from what I have seen. I am making plans to leave imminatly and I say to my family never in my life will I cross the Mississippi River again. My enate fear is that this place will not let me go, something will happen. Again, only my opinion after the wake of destruction this place has left in my life and what I see it do to the lives of others.

If you are interested in learning more about the messes going on here:

How Did Rich Connecticut Morph Into One Of America's Worst Performing Economies?

I once posted this to a Facebook page proclaiming it's love for a certain city (which will remain nameless) and it was removed. I was reprimanded by the page administrator for posting something that was too political and painted the state and it's people in a bad light. There really isn't hope of fixing anything when you can't tell people what they have done wrong...imo.
I am not a great fan of Connecticut, but it doesn't have any more corruption than your average state. And quite frankly the court cases here may seem odd, but that is more of an issue of people having a ton of money to throw at lawyers. I don't know how you would think it would be different elsewhere.

My guess for most corrupt states would be between Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida, but that is just MOO.

Its impossible to know what the intentions of MT and her atty were in this situation. From my perspective I have a higher standard of behavior for attys as Officers of the Court and all I can recall over and over is Atty Bowman standing up in Court at the hearing and saying that his client, MT, was in compliance with the terms of her bail. Given the malfunction with the bracelet, her return to CT from NY after one day in NY and the fact that State Atty was NOT AWARE of the entire situation has me putting this entire statement into the "Whopper" category of untruths as I don't believe the statement to be factually correct.

I agree with you that MT spent 3 weeks in the place where neither the Judge nor the States Atty knew where she was and this is concerning. States Atty clearly stated in the prior hearing that MT was to be on a 'short leash'! All I'm saying is this was an example of such a 'short leash' then not sure what a 'long leash' would represent. Communication on the bracelets seems to have broken down and if the Judge doesn't fix the breakdown there could be a catastrophic error with potentially dangerous or even deadly consequences IMO. Its also concerning as there are many violent offenders where these bracelets are being used and given the communication breakdown we saw with both FD and MT bracelets you have to scratch your head and wonder if the State actually knows where all these violent offenders are located? IMO it might be time to review the contract of the bracelet monitoring company as they just don't appear to be up to the task of alerting the court or the States Atty IMO. Something isn't working!

Hartford we have a problem!

MOO

I am not a great fan of Connecticut, but it doesn't have any more corruption than your average state. And quite frankly the court cases here may seem odd, but that is more of an issue of people having a ton of money to throw at lawyers. I don't know how you would think it would be different elsewhere.

My guess for most corrupt states would be between Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida, but that is just MOO.
Totally agree with the OP @thekirbyfamily about so much of her post and the pain of what she has experienced in the State comes through in every word of the post IMO. Virtual hug being sent to @thekirbyfamily as I cannot reach her by PM!

IMO its not just the issues with Govt and the Judiciary but its the economy, cost of living, absence of services and on down the line of items that together represent quality of life in CT. For someone not from the area its hard to describe the social alienation present in most of the suburbs as the view of the state is clouded in many respects by the wealth of its residents IMO and there is a surface gloss to many of the suburbs that looks like everyone is fine and everything is perfect. I am sure this statement will generate pushback but most people are so focused on figuring out how to make a living to support themselves and their families in a super high cost area of the country that IMO there simply isn't much left to give to neighbors, friends and even the community.

Because the cost of living is so high the population is largely transient and I believe most people stay to take advantage of the schools for their children and then they leave. I'm not sure most people care about lasting relationship in the communities where they reside because most people don't plan to retire in the State and so they simply leave. In most suburbs its a revolving door of neighbors and frankly in many places people don't even know their neighbors. Isolation is real as is high stress to continue to reside in the state.

@thekirbyfamily talks about all these issues and in my experiece what she has experienced is sadly not atypical. A major poll just came out two weeks ago that said that 50% of the residents of CT plan to leave in 5 years! Most likely IMO this is because their children will be graduating or they will be retiring. Its a sad state of affairs that hides behind some of the most beautiful suburbs in the country IMO. Sure there are some wonderful people and communities scattered throughout the state but overall living in CT as a single parent in particular is highly stressful financially and the social isolation is not easy to describe in a way that would make sense to people not from this area.

Clearly @thekirbyfamily has had a horrific experience and no doubt JD even with enough money to solve most of here issues felt the same isolation in NC as a single parent. JD was lucky to have the community surrounding NCCS and it sounds like she had some wonderful friends. But it is estimated that NCCS for 5 children cost something on the order of $250,000/yr! But even so, the isolation of living in a large house in the woods is not to be underestimated.

I wish I could PM @thekirbyfamily to share some resources that might help her family and situation as some do exist but its not possible due to her account settings. My heart breaks to hear what she has had to endure in CT largely alone and also as a caregiver of children. I don't have words to think about anyplace that allows for homeless single mothers and children when the overall wealth present in the state should be sufficient to shelter them but the bureaucracy associated with these issues is largely broken and so much falls onto local non profits to fill the gap. There are some wonderful not for profits working with single mothers but its hard to access them sometimes.

I simply can write no more about this topic as I find it so upsetting, but I won't give up talking about this topic of single mothers and homelessness in CT as its a real issue. No human being or children should have to experience what @thekirbyfamily describes IMO. I just feel tears right now.

MOO

The GAL situation in CT is getting some well deserved press IMO:

Jennifer Dulos divorce shows controversial role of court-appointed child guardians

Quote from article:
In the Dulos divorce, both sides are now calling for Meehan to be removed as guardian ad litem. Fotis Dulos’ attorneys have previously called for Meehan to be removed. In June, Reuben Midler, who is representing Jennifer Dulos, filed a motion accusing the GAL of wrongly releasing a sealed psychological evaluation done on the family. [BBM]

The evaluation ended up in the hands of Fotis Dulos’ new attorneys and has been used to support Norm Pattis’ “Gone Girl”and “revenge suicide” theories for Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.

Meehan could not be reached for comment for this story.

Its impossible to know what the intentions of MT and her atty were in this situation. From my perspective I have a higher standard of behavior for attys as Officers of the Court and all I can recall over and over is Atty Bowman standing up in Court at the hearing and saying that his client, MT, was in compliance with the terms of her bail. Given the malfunction with the bracelet, her return to CT from NY after one day in NY and the fact that State Atty was NOT AWARE of the entire situation has me putting this entire statement into the "Whopper" category of untruths as I don't believe the statement to be factually correct.

I agree with you that MT spent 3 weeks in the place where neither the Judge nor the States Atty knew where she was and this is concerning. States Atty clearly stated in the prior hearing that MT was to be on a 'short leash'! All I'm saying is this was an example of such a 'short leash' then not sure what a 'long leash' would represent. Communication on the bracelets seems to have broken down and if the Judge doesn't fix the breakdown there could be a catastrophic error with potentially dangerous or even deadly consequences IMO. Its also concerning as there are many violent offenders where these bracelets are being used and given the communication breakdown we saw with both FD and MT bracelets you have to scratch your head and wonder if the State actually knows where all these violent offenders are located? IMO it might be time to review the contract of the bracelet monitoring company as they just don't appear to be up to the task of alerting the court or the States Atty IMO. Something isn't working!

Hartford we have a problem!

MOO
Unfortunately been away. MT had a problem with her ankle security device also?! No one in LE knew her exact location during Vaca?! What, what, what the hell is going on here?!
Omg when are charges being brought against at least FD?! Just sickened.

I want to state very clearly this is only my opinion.

I have lived in 3 states and travelled at one time or another to nearly every other one in my life. I have never seen so much corruption, lawlessness, debauchery, criminal behavior, etc., etc. (I can't make the list long enough) in my life. I have lived here 11 years and they have been the worst 11 years of life. The things that have happened and been perpetuated on me and my family have left me with PTSD. I always considered myself outgoing, lucky, level-headed, kind, and I wanted to just live a quite life working in my chosen field and being a wife and mother. So many despicable things have happened to us that I don't tell people anymore because a) no one has this many things happen to them and b) there must be something wrong with me is what I would hear in return. I had never seen before the level of criminal activity from elected officials, officers of the court, law enforcement, financial managers, state/city/town employees, your neighbors, landlords, and on and on. Many here live in a bubble and this is all they know or they have never left the state to see how very different the rest of the country acts. What's the old adage, "if you can't beat um, join um?". In my opinion that's what happens here, people become criminals just to live. My husband and I are educated people with 5 colleges degrees between us and we can't make a life here. We have been homeless, moved 12 times because we couldn't find somewhere we could live that we could afford and was safe, taken advantage of so many times I've lost count, been stolen from on multiple occasions, and gone through 4 cars due to hit and run accidents in those 11 years. I have never moved into a dwelling that I didn't have to clean myself first and I have never lived anywhere with a functioning door lock. I had my groceries stolen from a Whole Foods in one of the poshest places of the state while I was attending to my child who had hurt herself. In fact, it's worth noting that most of these things happened in places considered the best this state has to offer (Old Saybrook, West Hartford, Glastonbury) and were perpetrated on us by the wealthiest. We had a neighbor steal $3,000 dollars worth of electricity from us to grow the weed he was busted for distributing. As a child, I was the kid who walked up to other kids at campgrounds and made friends. In the 11 years I've been here I haven't been able to make a single real friend I could trust not to steal from or turn on me. This place destroyed my marriage, my family, my finances....when I read about FD, MT, NP, the oddities and questions arising from the courts, etc. it doesn't surprise me and it sounds quite normal from what I have seen. I am making plans to leave imminatly and I say to my family never in my life will I cross the Mississippi River again. My enate fear is that this place will not let me go, something will happen. Again, only my opinion after the wake of destruction this place has left in my life and what I see it do to the lives of others.

If you are interested in learning more about the messes going on here:

How Did Rich Connecticut Morph Into One Of America's Worst Performing Economies?

I once posted this to a Facebook page proclaiming it's love for a certain city (which will remain nameless) and it was removed. I was reprimanded by the page administrator for posting something that was too political and painted the state and it's people in a bad light. There really isn't hope of fixing anything when you can't tell people what they have done wrong...imo.

I haven’t even read all of this yet due to deadlines but I’m sorry you and your family have had such a hard time, and I wish you better days ahead. Take care.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!

The infamous line, "I know what I did and what I didn't do," is as good as an admission of guilt IMOO. I wonder how the defense is going to spin "what he did do."

I, too, love Oceancalling’s line and I hate this one by FD especially because at its base, it means to me that in keeping with his personality as I have seen it, not relying on anyone else’s views, he thinks that the only opinion that matters is his. The arrogance of that statement is staggering. I notice he didn’t deign to share what he did and didn’t do. MOO.

NYC gets my vote. The city that runs on bribes. (MOO)

I agree....NP could be here himself or someone working for him. He is getting many great ideas from all of you....yet he knows his client has a lot against him from the research all of you have done. Think WS have him worried....JMO. All of you are super sleuths!
Well NP hasn’t followed my suggestion that he go to the nearest spa , beauty parlor, barbershop ,(or whatever the politically correct term is )and get a new more modern look. He might be more believable if he didn’t look so scraggly. This is MOO and I am watching NP for his new look.

Well NP hasn’t followed my suggestion that he go to the nearest spa , beauty parlor, barbershop ,(or whatever the politically correct term is )and get a new more modern look. He might be more believable if he didn’t look so scraggly. This is MOO and I am watching NP for his new look.

Please don’t hold your breath. ;). He likes his present appearance

Interesting Article: Jennifer Dulos case: How CT tracks movements of high-risk defendants

"The GPS units Troconis and Fotis Dulos are required to wear use cellphone towers to track their movements. The data is sent to the state’s contractor, Sentinel Offender Services, with nearly real time updates on their location."

"Every morning the probation officers or the bail commissioner overseeing defendants or offenders will receive a report from Sentinel indicating whether the clients were compliant with the terms of their release based on their movements, Aiello said."

NP is working the "insensitive" ponytail guy look with confidence. He's got that market cornered and he's not giving it up.

Thank you for this article. Really enlightening!
I have seen this in action when I had to help a relative. A narcissist will keep returning to squeeze the last bit of life out of their victim and they do use the court. They will change lawyers when things aren’t going their way. The narcissist will find every crooked person he can pay to lie for him in court, every sleazy person to follow his victim and harass them and make up things to get you in court and make you spend your last penny defending yourself. A narcissist is dangerous and not to be trusted and if they threaten to kill you they mean it. In a narc’s eyes everything is their victim’s fault .I learned this by real life experience and unless you have seen the cruel things the narc will do it is hard to believe . And I have said this before- WS is a comfort to me because It shows me there are still honest people that are fighting for the victims and making sure all lies and injustices are exposed. This post may be too personal and I apologize . MOO

Maybe every time that bracelet is bothering good ole FD he should think about what he did to JD and how painful that must have been and hopefully it will bother him a little bit more.
And he better not be complaining the wrist bracelet hinders him looking for the financial papers he needs to hand over and is keeping him from doing real work. And how could he even have the nerve to complain about anything?
You know what they say about karma!

Unfortunately been away. MT had a problem with her ankle security device also?! No one in LE knew her exact location during Vaca?! What, what, what the hell is going on here?!
Omg when are charges being brought against at least FD?! Just sickened.
Technically what was reported was the the GPS signal of MT bracelet was poor in NY, so she returned to CT one day after leaving. Her atty. made the statement that MT was in compliance with the terms of her bail which implies that the monitoring company knew what was going on. The issue though seems to be that neither the Judge nor the States Atty knew that MT had been back in CT for 3 weeks.

So, at a minimum there appears to be a communication breakdown of some sort in this process between monitoring company/parole people and States Atty and Judge IMO. We will see if there are any more such communication issues in the future or if the Judge fixes the situation.

Interesting Article: Jennifer Dulos case: How CT tracks movements of high-risk defendants

"The GPS units Troconis and Fotis Dulos are required to wear use cellphone towers to track their movements. The data is sent to the state’s contractor, Sentinel Offender Services, with nearly real time updates on their location."

"Every morning the probation officers or the bail commissioner overseeing defendants or offenders will receive a report from Sentinel indicating whether the clients were compliant with the terms of their release based on their movements, Aiello said."
Great explanation in article! Wonder though if the Sentinel Service peep charged with monitoring MT was perhaps on vaction or didn't have the correct contact info for the States Atty and the Judge? Technology seems impressive but any system is no better than its weakest link and communication is key IMO! Will have to continue to watch this bracelet issue!

Totally agree.

In the last court document filed MT listed her address as being in Avon, CT? Saw this and immediately thought that it was a joke after all the drama of the No Contact Order filed by her Atty Bowman. Why issue a No Contact Order and then go back to the place that is 10 min from 4Jx and is in a small town where running into FD is inevitable? IMO this is a joke and I do not understand why Atty Bowman supported this idea as the optics are terrible.

Can the State Support Services Division that you mention confirm with no doubt that MT WAS NOT WITH FD during the time she was supposed to be in NY? Why did Judge Blawie not ask where MT had been if she wasn't in NY? Nope, this question wasn't asked so the Court had no information and so much for State's Atty putting MT on a 'short leash'. This all sounds like a badly written kindergarten play where nobody knows their part and just wanders around looking confused!
BBM is this where her friend who forgot her purse lives?

Totally agree with the OP @thekirbyfamily about so much of her post and the pain of what she has experienced in the State comes through in every word of the post IMO. Virtual hug being sent to @thekirbyfamily as I cannot reach her by PM!

IMO its not just the issues with Govt and the Judiciary but its the economy, cost of living, absence of services and on down the line of items that together represent quality of life in CT. For someone not from the area its hard to describe the social alienation present in most of the suburbs as the view of the state is clouded in many respects by the wealth of its residents IMO and there is a surface gloss to many of the suburbs that looks like everyone is fine and everything is perfect. I am sure this statement will generate pushback but most people are so focused on figuring out how to make a living to support themselves and their families in a super high cost area of the country that IMO there simply isn't much left to give to neighbors, friends and even the community.

Because the cost of living is so high the population is largely transient and I believe most people stay to take advantage of the schools for their children and then they leave. I'm not sure most people care about lasting relationship in the communities where they reside because most people don't plan to retire in the State and so they simply leave. In most suburbs its a revolving door of neighbors and frankly in many places people don't even know their neighbors. Isolation is real as is high stress to continue to reside in the state.

@thekirbyfamily talks about all these issues and in my experiece what she has experienced is sadly not atypical. A major poll just came out two weeks ago that said that 50% of the residents of CT plan to leave in 5 years! Most likely IMO this is because their children will be graduating or they will be retiring. Its a sad state of affairs that hides behind some of the most beautiful suburbs in the country IMO. Sure there are some wonderful people and communities scattered throughout the state but overall living in CT as a single parent in particular is highly stressful financially and the social isolation is not easy to describe in a way that would make sense to people not from this area.

Clearly @thekirbyfamily has had a horrific experience and no doubt JD even with enough money to solve most of here issues felt the same isolation in NC as a single parent. JD was lucky to have the community surrounding NCCS and it sounds like she had some wonderful friends. But it is estimated that NCCS for 5 children cost something on the order of $250,000/yr! But even so, the isolation of living in a large house in the woods is not to be underestimated.

I wish I could PM @thekirbyfamily to share some resources that might help her family and situation as some do exist but its not possible due to her account settings. My heart breaks to hear what she has had to endure in CT largely alone and also as a caregiver of children. I don't have words to think about anyplace that allows for homeless single mothers and children when the overall wealth present in the state should be sufficient to shelter them but the bureaucracy associated with these issues is largely broken and so much falls onto local non profits to fill the gap. There are some wonderful not for profits working with single mothers but its hard to access them sometimes.

I simply can write no more about this topic as I find it so upsetting, but I won't give up talking about this topic of single mothers and homelessness in CT as its a real issue. No human being or children should have to experience what @thekirbyfamily describes IMO. I just feel tears right now.

MOO
Thank you for your kind words!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members