Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a tad confused by this. Her GPS didn't work so she immediately returned to CT. It's not like she absconded to some other state.The people that monitor her knew right away that she had returned. I would assume her attorney knew, as well. Was it incumbent on him to inform the prosecutor? She can go anywhere in the state of CT can she not? Or is she limited to a certain radius? Nor, is there any tracking of where FD is and where she is in real time ,correct?

It sounded like the prosecutor had a right to know where she would be, and the judge as well. Otherwise, she likely wouldn’t have gotten permission to leave the state for a specific location, where she was to stay put for what was supposed to be 3 weeks. And FD didn’t request permission to leave the state; only to move his monitor from his ankle to his wrist. It likely is completely benign, but the problem is the optics. So it makes people suspicious, even when they don’t need to be.

Which begs the question. How much weight does LE give to ankle monitoring? Are they still involved in their own surveillance?

I have no idea how much LE values or relies on the ankle monitoring. To my knowledge, LE hasn't indicated if either MT or FD are under visual or other types of surveillance.

In a perfect world, someone would have eyes on them. In the Laci Peterson case, LE was alerted to the San Francisco Bay where Laci and her unborn baby's body were found after they followed Scott to the Bay on at least on occasion. It was four months later when the bodies surfaced following a storm.

A curiosity in the everchanging NP Patter is the assertions about the morning of May 24th. After Norm pleaded with the court and publicly professed FD's love for MT that line went silent after the motion by MT's attorney for NP and his minions to stay away from her. Everyone, IMO, breathed a sigh of relief. Then we see FD meandering around NC, his sister and niece are in town, and no more love proclamations. Again....good.

THEN, we discover that MT has been in CT about 10 minutes from FD....the judge said keep those attorneys away, the children shouldn't speak, but I don't think they said that FD's sister, niece, etc. couldn't contact MT.

Now, NP is pattering on about MT is FD's alibi; she knows where he was; and blimey, I think there's been a leak.

I'm a little cynical and disappointed in the monitoring and hope to be proved wrong.

So...IF a person gave MT a burner phone....and IF a person gave FD a burner phone...and someone exchanged the burner phone numbers between MT and FD....they can talk all they want and no one would know as burner phones are not traceable. Is that right?

I bet that is exactly what is going on....it does not have to be a ‘friend’, it could be an attorney...theirs?...JMOMT (Just my own mind thinking....husband said as LE, he would think like a ‘crook’ to catch them, we need to think like a crook...we do pretty well)

I think I actually understand Norm on some level. He's all about every life is valuable , even the lowest of the low. Unfortunately, he takes it to the extreme.

Criticizing Dr. Petit was over the top. MOO.
Not every life is valuable. That is VERY clear to me. Especially not the creatures involved in the Petit murders. To criticize Dr. Petit, you must be a worthless piece of garbage. No 2 ways around it.

Very interesting! Don't know much about Statement Analysis and its assumptions but we have seen it discussed on other cases.

Curious though about the lying assumption you discussed. Wonder about those folks that are so focused on getting what they want always that lying just doesn't entire the equation in their brains as part of any decision making process?

We have seen FD lie or create excuses in Family Court multiple times and remorse never seems to enter the equation and I am not even convinced reading some the documents that lying as a concept being bad even registers in his brain. We even saw him engaging his children to lie on his behalf and when called on this by the court he seemed to see nothing wrong.

He seems fixated on getting what he wants always so lying is just one tool in his arsenal.

Would this mean that Statement Analysis wouldn't work for a mindset like FD? Curious what you think about how Statement Analysis could play out for FD here?

Afitzy, I wish I had stayed on top of the basics of SA and could explain it to you. I don't think I'd be allowed to link Peter Hyatt's work here but if you google his name and the sentence, "If he will not say it we cannot say it for him," you will get a number of case studies. This might also take you to the blog.

Yes, there are a limited number of people who can outright lie but SA teaches methods to get the truth out of even them. It's quite fascinating.

If the initial interview of FD is made public, much could be made of the ways he answered the questions....how many additional words he used instead of simply saying, "I didn't kill Jennifer," would be important. Whether he dropped pronouns would matter. When he gave a timeline of his day a trained analyst would be able to pretty much pinpoint when the crime occurred. Liars also often drop "admissions" into their interviews. Peter says the more you can get them to talk the more they "spill marbles" of truth. Truth sort of rolls out without them even realizing it.

You'll enjoy reading about this because it helps you pick out liars in your everyday life.

Afitzy, I wish I had stayed on top of the basics of SA and could explain it to you. I don't think I'd be allowed to link Peter Hyatt's work here but if you google his name and the sentence, "If he will not say it we cannot say it for him," you will get a number of case studies. This might also take you to the blog.

Yes, there are a limited number of people who can outright lie but SA teaches methods to get the truth out of even them. It's quite fascinating.

If the initial interview of FD is made public, much could be made of the ways he answered the questions....how many additional words he used instead of simply saying, "I didn't kill Jennifer," would be important. Whether he dropped pronouns would matter. When he gave a timeline of his day a trained analyst would be able to pretty much pinpoint when the crime occurred. Liars also often drop "admissions" into their interviews. Peter says the more you can get them to talk the more they "spill marbles" of truth. Truth sort of rolls out without them even realizing it.

You'll enjoy reading about this because it helps you pick out liars in your everyday life.
One of the biggest tells I've ever heard: BellaVita, have I ever hurt you? What the statement should have been: BellaVita, I will never hurt you. I know personal anecdotes are frowned upon. I hope my comment is helpful.

This is fascinating! Thanks for the info!

Technically what was reported was the the GPS signal of MT bracelet was poor in NY, so she returned to CT one day after leaving. Her atty. made the statement that MT was in compliance with the terms of her bail which implies that the monitoring company knew what was going on. The issue though seems to be that neither the Judge nor the States Atty knew that MT had been back in CT for 3 weeks.

So, at a minimum there appears to be a communication breakdown of some sort in this process between monitoring company/parole people and States Atty and Judge IMO. We will see if there are any more such communication issues in the future or if the Judge fixes the situation.
You simply could not make this stuff up! Sounds crazy!

According to most recent court document MT is currently staying at the Residence Inn in Avon, which is where she and FD were staying after the DNA evidence was taken and it is the same place that they staying the night they were taken into custody on the tampering warrant.
MT had previously been staying in Westport (town closer to NC so farther away from FD, and same town where her attorney's office is). One might think that she would want to be staying further away from FD and perhaps not in the same place where they had been arrested.

And would you really want to go back to the hotel where you were recently arrested? I wouldn’t; but yet, MT has. Why would she want to do that? Her lawyer is in Westport, miles away from her if she needs to meet with him. She has, for some reason, decided that, in the entire state of CT, that it made sense to go back to the Residence Inn where she had been arrested, and where she is in close proximity to the man that she is court ordered to have no contact with. It isn’t making sense to me, with what we currently know.

Folks, maybe take a look at Peter Hyatt’s twitter account.
@PeterFHyatt

And would you really want to go back to the hotel where you were recently arrested? I wouldn’t; but yet, MT has. Why would she want to do that? Her lawyer is in Westport, miles away from her if she needs to meet with him. She has, for some reason, decided that, in the entire state of CT, that it made sense to go back to the Residence Inn where she had been arrested, and where she is in close proximity to the man that she is court ordered to have no contact with. It isn’t making sense to me, with what we currently know.
Maybe MT is using FD's Marriott points earned during all those 10-days a month trips on Jennifer's dime?

DBM
Off Topic

Last edited:
Totally agree.

In the last court document filed MT listed her address as being in Avon, CT? Saw this and immediately thought that it was a joke after all the drama of the No Contact Order filed by her Atty Bowman. Why issue a No Contact Order and then go back to the place that is 10 min from 4Jx and is in a small town where running into FD is inevitable? IMO this is a joke and I do not understand why Atty Bowman supported this idea as the optics are terrible.

Can the State Support Services Division that you mention confirm with no doubt that MT WAS NOT WITH FD during the time she was supposed to be in NY? Why did Judge Blawie not ask where MT had been if she wasn't in NY? Nope, this question wasn't asked so the Court had no information and so much for State's Atty putting MT on a 'short leash'. This all sounds like a badly written kindergarten play where nobody knows their part and just wanders around looking confused!
Do you happen to know the Avon address MT gave on the last court appearance? I think she was staying at the Avon old farms hotel right after the incident. She’s effectively homeless. I don’t know where she lived prior to my bing to 4 JXing.

Me, too. If FD stole it from GAL MM’s briefcase, what was it doing there in the first place? And if MM pulled it out and let FD read it and possibly make a copy of it or just not return it, why would he let FD do that? That file wasn’t for either FD’s or JD’s eyes, as far as I know. Isn’t that file for the court’s use in making their custody evaluation? It wasn’t supposed to be a tool for one party to use as a weapon against the other. I think MM’s got some ‘splaining to do, and I’d like for the court to ask him. But seeing as there have already been some important unasked questions, I won’t hold my breath waiting for them to quiz MM about that file.
I worked for a family Atty for a while and we had a client going through similar. Everyone had an eval but as I remember it never left the office and we didn’t show it to her. What we did was after they were completed, took months and months, we had her in for a meeting to discuss it. We didn’t give her a copy. Certainly did not discuss it while in draft form.

I want to state very clearly this is only my opinion.

I have lived in 3 states and travelled at one time or another to nearly every other one in my life. I have never seen so much corruption, lawlessness, debauchery, criminal behavior, etc., etc. (I can't make the list long enough) in my life. I have lived here 11 years and they have been the worst 11 years of life. The things that have happened and been perpetuated on me and my family have left me with PTSD. I always considered myself outgoing, lucky, level-headed, kind, and I wanted to just live a quite life working in my chosen field and being a wife and mother. So many despicable things have happened to us that I don't tell people anymore because a) no one has this many things happen to them and b) there must be something wrong with me is what I would hear in return. I had never seen before the level of criminal activity from elected officials, officers of the court, law enforcement, financial managers, state/city/town employees, your neighbors, landlords, and on and on. Many here live in a bubble and this is all they know or they have never left the state to see how very different the rest of the country acts. What's the old adage, "if you can't beat um, join um?". In my opinion that's what happens here, people become criminals just to live. My husband and I are educated people with 5 colleges degrees between us and we can't make a life here. We have been homeless, moved 12 times because we couldn't find somewhere we could live that we could afford and was safe, taken advantage of so many times I've lost count, been stolen from on multiple occasions, and gone through 4 cars due to hit and run accidents in those 11 years. I have never moved into a dwelling that I didn't have to clean myself first and I have never lived anywhere with a functioning door lock. I had my groceries stolen from a Whole Foods in one of the poshest places of the state while I was attending to my child who had hurt herself. In fact, it's worth noting that most of these things happened in places considered the best this state has to offer (Old Saybrook, West Hartford, Glastonbury) and were perpetrated on us by the wealthiest. We had a neighbor steal $3,000 dollars worth of electricity from us to grow the weed he was busted for distributing. As a child, I was the kid who walked up to other kids at campgrounds and made friends. In the 11 years I've been here I haven't been able to make a single real friend I could trust not to steal from or turn on me. This place destroyed my marriage, my family, my finances....when I read about FD, MT, NP, the oddities and questions arising from the courts, etc. it doesn't surprise me and it sounds quite normal from what I have seen. I am making plans to leave imminatly and I say to my family never in my life will I cross the Mississippi River again. My enate fear is that this place will not let me go, something will happen. Again, only my opinion after the wake of destruction this place has left in my life and what I see it do to the lives of others.

If you are interested in learning more about the messes going on here:

How Did Rich Connecticut Morph Into One Of America's Worst Performing Economies?

I once posted this to a Facebook page proclaiming it's love for a certain city (which will remain nameless) and it was removed. I was reprimanded by the page administrator for posting something that was too political and painted the state and it's people in a bad light. There really isn't hope of fixing anything when you can't tell people what they have done wrong...imo.
I have lived in 3 states as well and have been to most too. I recently moved back here from Seattle- not all it’s cracked up to be. Bad place for families- they let people have and shoot up heroin on the street without doing anything. City council so corrupt they all resigned. The only thing holding up that area are Microsoft amazon etc. I had bad employment experiences to the point I was bullied for being “ from the east coast. Not a tolerant people. I also lived in Atlanta where the crime and scamming was so bad people took money out of my bank several times . There is no utopia for sure and there are bad parts everywhere . West Hartford is not great- none of it. I don’t go to Hartford. I think what you’re describing isn’t unique to CT but a sign of the times. There are plenty of cities and towns that are corrupt. You have to pick your corner where you’ll be happy. I always said if I move back I would go out farther and that’s where I landed- out in the rural woods. I have seen the bubble effect in other places as well. It’s not unique to CT. I returned- not because I like to pay high taxes but because I like the ruralness, farms, scenic places, peace and quiet, privacy and food.

Do you happen to know the Avon address MT gave on the last court appearance? I think she was staying at the Avon old farms hotel right after the incident. She’s effectively homeless. I don’t know where she lived prior to my bing to 4 JXing.
The address in Avon was the Avon Residence Inn. This was listed in the latest subpoena for her to appear in the Farber case this week.
After she got out on bail early June she was staying at a hotel in Westport, where Bowman’s office is located.
It appears that her mother has been with her most if not all of the time.
Prior to moving to 4JC MTs address was in FL. The father of MTs daughter made a down payment on a condo there for her and MT and her mother were also joint owners of that condo.

While perhaps she is effectively “homeless” if only by means of her requirement to stay in the state of CT and her lockout from 4JC (at least that we know about) she is in no way roughing it, as some have suggested she might be couchsurfing, shacking up with friends, etc.

I am not a great fan of Connecticut, but it doesn't have any more corruption than your average state. And quite frankly the court cases here may seem odd, but that is more of an issue of people having a ton of money to throw at lawyers. I don't know how you would think it would be different elsewhere.

My guess for most corrupt states would be between Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida, but that is just MOO.
Liberal Washington state wants us to think it’s all kumbaya thete when in fact they have the second to last spot on mental health resources and expenditures. The system is archaic. I couldn’t continue my career there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly