Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thanks for checking on this. I know there are 2 schools of thoughts on these orders but I can't help but think that if may have demonstrated her seriousness to the family court that she was fearful for her life? IDK, its a tough call. I just don't think the family court took her motions on personal safety seriously enough and that is why were are where we are. Women don't have many options and sure the order won't prevent someone intent on harming you but its one of the few tools available to keep someone away. I also think that by having the order in place that the police take any calls a bit more seriously. JMO.
The court is not to blame in this case. Family court can't guarantee safety outside of court. That is a fact in every state. I've seen no evidence that JD attempted to get a Protection Order and was denied.

When did police not take calls seriously in this case?

Women do have options such as getting security video/audio cameras to alert them when someone is near their home, carrying pepper spray, hiring a home security firm, etc.

JMO

It does seem to appear that dismemberment is likely here.

You’d think they would have recovered body parts from some of the garbage containers that hadn’t been picked up though.

Weird.
From earlier today. Apologies if this has already been posted.

A corps of state police, using eight German Shepherd “cadaver dogs,” since mid-afternoon Monday have been sifting through garbage collected in Hartford’s north end at the Materials Innovation and Recycling Authority’s trash-to-energy plant on Maxim Road in Hartford’s South Meadows, MIRA officials confirmed Tuesday morning.

Sources said many of the garbage cans in that neighborhood had already been emptied before police arrived there and taken to the Hartford trash-to-energy plant. Sources said police closed down the incinerator overnight to search inside for bone fragments and now are going to search a pile of trash believed to be from the Albany Avenue area that has not been burned.

Police search Hartford trash plant for evidence in disappearance of New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos

Chatter from within Bridgeport Jail where FD is incarcerated say
he is kept in 'protected custody', NO visitors, and a correction
officer placed outside his cell.

On another note, just saw sm photo on FD w/ boxing gloves on
and his body condition and 'fake' muscular condition sure looks
like he could have been a steroid user. It would also explain his
hair trigger volatility and explosive temper.
Even during his arraignment, the intensity of his eyes appear
to look like a 'stimulant' user. Wild eyed, large pupils, moo.
I know many on here have commented on the 2 mug shots and how both looked. I've wondered about drug use as being an issue and its a tough call as both were very into personal fitness in a big way. But what has me tipping to some kind of drug use (uppers/coke) is the eyes of both of these individuals both when the police showed up to take them to Litchfield for the blood and DNA samples and in the mug shots.

Wonder if they were doing drugs to stay awake? But, maybe not as I thought the report on the timeline in the arrest warrant that after doing all the driving to dispose of the plastic bags that FD stops his car to get his mail and flips through it at the end of his driveway. Just have the image in my mind that he wasn't impacted at all by anything that happened and was more concerned with the mail than his children! Just an image that keeps sticking in my head as we learn more about who FD actually is.

I can’t either. It does appear though that she could be charged with murder itself, which is even better.

We’ll need a lawyer to chime in here. @LVatty10 @gitana1, any idea what she could be looking at, assuming she was involved in the murder plot itself?

One of the most important aspects of conspiracy law in Connecticut is that the State does not charge you with the crime of conspiracy itself and there is no separate penalty for conspiracy. Rather, you will be charged with conspiracy to commit a specific criminal offense that you conspired to engage in and the penalty is exactly the same as if you were to have actually committed that crime.

Conspiracy Crimes | Fairfield County Criminal Defense Lawyer

Do they have felony murder?

Well, now that it seems likely they stopped over thirty times and only five bags were found (I cannot recall who said this previously), statistically, they still have a lot of bags to hypothetically find body parts in here... :(
30 times they were captured on video who knows how many other stops and bags were not captured IMO

L

curious would a plea with MT have to be approved by Mom? If they were flaunting the affair in JDs face that would be a tough call for me personally

No. Ultimately, it is the prosecutor’s decision.

They frequently ask for input, but they are under no obligation to oblige.

When they do ask the family, it generally involves the most culpable individual.

That’s FD here IMO.

L

curious would a plea with MT have to be approved by Mom? If they were flaunting the affair in JDs face that would be a tough call for me personally
Her sister is an attorney and they have access to excellent legal advice and I am betting that they are all in on decisions and super supportive of JD's mother.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand where he would have dismembered her without any evidence leftover. On his property? You would think they would have found SOME evidence of that. Maybe they did?

With all the wooded area around his house he could have taken her out in the woods and done it. I'd think blood etc...would be hard to detect in dirt in that vast area but I'm no expert.

I know a lot of people have mentioned maybe he had plans to get out of the country that Friday evening. I somehow don't think that was his plan at all.
*I don't see him leaving the country without the children, since it seemed most of the court issues were due to custody. He wanted to solely raise them how he pleased. Skipping the country would only mean her mom would raise the kids, I don't see him going for that.

*Suppose he had plans to take the kids. I'd be very surprised if the guardian ad litem doesn't have control of the kids' passports. I'm sure that had to be one of the 1st things Jennifer requested since he at least mentioned taking them away and never seeing them again.

*Even if he had the passports, I don't see it working. I'm positive one of the kids had a cellphone and would try to call/text their mom and then grandmother at some point after him saying they're all taking a trip.

*Also the chances of one of the 5 children saying something to tip-off TSA or flight staff is very high.

*Only way they would be able to leave without passports would be some pre-booked cruise, got off at port and never got back on. That would be very risky. I'm sure most countries that are cruise-ship bound would at the very least cooperate to find the children and help get them returned, even if they wouldn't extradite Fotis and Michelle back here.
The oldest are the 13-year-old boys. Not little kids. Old enough to speak up, and if they take after dad in even any little way, have some degree of confidence. Undoubtedly intelligent, given mom & dad.

Yes, thanks for checking on this. I know there are 2 schools of thoughts on these orders but I can't help but think that if may have demonstrated her seriousness to the family court that she was fearful for her life? IDK, its a tough call. I just don't think the family court took her motions on personal safety seriously enough and that is why were are where we are. Women don't have many options and sure the order won't prevent someone intent on harming you but its one of the few tools available to keep someone away. I also think that by having the order in place that the police take any calls a bit more seriously. JMO.
Regarding restraining orders - MOO. I once thought they are only a piece of paper, but my view has changed. My daughter needed to get one against a certain individual and it covers our family (not getting into details). The person who it is against has a serious mental illness, is capable of violence, and is quite frightening. Although it did not prevent this person from coming to our home on one occasion, it does enable LE to become involved and they do take it seriously. It's a legal tool that makes us feel more protected.

If she was in fact dismembered, and I believe that she was, I would hope the police would file murder charges as soon as they found body parts belonging to JD, no matter how small. I'd love for searchers to find all of her, of course, and preferably in one piece, but that may not happen.

Such a senseless, brutal crime. Horrific and evil.

If she was in fact dismembered, and I believe that she was, I would hope the police would file murder charges as soon as they found body parts belonging to JD, no matter how small. I'd love for searchers to find all of her, of course, and preferably in one piece, but that may not happen.

Such a senseless, brutal crime. Horrific and evil.
Yeah, and I’d be shocked if that didn’t happen shortly after finding such evidence.

They could still file murder charges, while continuing recovery efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz