Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - and kind of on that note, has anyone come across mention of anyone in FD's life speaking up regarding the charges, arraignment, general situation? MT's family showed up in court yesterday and posted bond, but I've seen nary a peep or appearance from FD's "camp." Radio silence. Well, aside from one neighbor who said they were friendly.

Early on I remember a couple people being interviewed (I want to say a landscaper and someone else) and they said he would yell and get very angry. So.....a real gem to all in his path.

This makes the most sense but then what the heck was in those 30 bags?

If JD was NOT dismembered, I'm trying to think of what would require all those trash bags...so far, the things I've come up with are:
  • Clothing the killer(s) wore both during the murder and later on (if they changed)
  • Clothing JD was wearing (possibly)
  • Shoes
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Towels
  • Murder weapon
  • Any items in the garage that got blood spatter on them (e.g. garden tools, equipment, storage bins, etc.)
  • Any items in JD's home that got blood on them
  • Rugs/mats from vehicles
  • JD's handbag
  • Whatever was used to cover/wrap her body in the vehicle after the murder
Can anybody think of anything else?

I don't know that it would take 30 garbage bags, but some of these would almost certainly have been part of what had to be disposed with after the murder took place.

JMO.

Last edited:
If JD was NOT dismembered, I'm trying to think of what would require all those trash bags...so far, the things I've come up with are:
  • Clothing the killer(s) wore both during the murder and later on (if they changed)
  • Shoes
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Towels
  • Murder weapon
  • Any items in the garage that got blood spatter on them (e.g. garden tools, equipment, storage bins, etc.)

I don't know that it would take 30 garbage bags, but some of these would almost certainly have been part of what had to be disposed with after the murder took place.

JMO.
With all of that blood, I'm definitely curious about murder weapon. I could possibly see thirty bags between:
  • Weapon
  • Clothing
  • Shoes
  • Sponges
  • Bucket
  • Towels

I doubt he planned on leaving the country with the children because it would be considered a parental kidnapping and the FBI would quickly work with the country to have him arrested.

I think he was hoping he'd have the children prior to anyone noticing JD was missing, which is what happened in the Frazee case. The nanny and friends did foil that plan.

JMO

From what I have read, it is not as easy as working with the other country to have the parent arrested and in some cases the parent still in the US have felt they have been alone in trying to work with the countries. It can take years. And I do not think FD would consider it kidnapping with JD gone. He would think he is the surviving parent and gets the children. I do not doubt he would take the children if he was able. But nanny, granny and friends were too quick and much smarter.

Was girlfriend's bond lower than husband's, or is she just wealthy?

I'm sure LE's surveiling her around the clock and tapping her phones.
The bond was the same for both parties. It was reported that her parents posted the $50,000 to the court which I believe is non refundable. Atty's or paralegals correct me
Was girlfriend's bond lower than husband's, or is she just wealthy?

No both parties had same bond amounts set by the court. Here is link to St of CT website on bail for further detail:
Bail FAQs - CT Judicial Branch

From the website: When does a person get their bail money back if it is posted all in cash?
  • When a diversionary program is granted for the defendant.
  • If the person is acquitted.
  • If the complaint or information filed against the person is dismissed.
  • When the person is sentenced by the court.
This is interesting as I had thought that bail was nonrefundable? Does anyone else recall the judge talking about this issue in court yesterday? I could have sworn I recall that the judge said the amount paid by MT or her parents wasn't refundable but I guess I will have to go back and rewatch video.

As it relates to MT I found this section of the website quite interesting:

Can a person leave the state if they post Bail?
Unless the Court or Bail Commissioner orders that the person stay in the State, that person may leave as long as they return in time to make their court appearances.

So far as I can tell we don't have the details on the deal struck with the court regarding the ankle bracelet and whether she has to stay in CT. IMO MT represents a major flight risk and I don't know why they made it so easy for her to get out of jail. Her parents have funds, her childs father is in Argentina and she most likely has funds. She also most likely has access to details about Fore Group funds and assets and depending on the power granted to her legally as Manager of the Fore Group I would think she might be able to do something that might not be in the interests of the 5 minor Dulos children and JD/JD estate. Not sure what the Prosecutors were thinking here at all but maybe there was an endgame in mind. IDK.

Here's what I don't understand, she was terrified of him, a 2 year horrible acrimonious divorce, she had money to protect herself. What could she have done to not have this happen? LE could not give her round the clock protection. Maybe a gun would have helped unless she was surprised. She would have had to go in hiding! I wish she done just that.
Hi Kay - Not sure where you live, but for a woman who grew up in NYC and lives in the tonier parts of Fairfield County, a gun is not a serious, practical option. I could never shoot one, let alone tote one, and I am not in the minority here.

Kyle Navin’s girlfriend helped him clean up after he killed his parents didn’t cooperate with police took an Alford plea
and got 8 yrs
MT’s daughter wants to compete in the Olympics like her Dad. I think MT will turn on FD so she can be out in time to see that.
MT has a daughter? And acts like this, as a mother? Lets the other FD children suffer wondering what happened to their mom? Won’t speak up for what’s right? And MT just stays, knowing her partner is a murderer? Unbelievable. What’s next? MT saying that she was terrified of FD and was just going along with everything he told her to do?

• Shoes
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Towels
  • Murder weapon

JMO.

Good list -- also, we don't know what size garbage bags. If they were the small bathroom size garbage bags, those won't fit much. 13-gallon kitchen size, maybe? Or the really big trash bags?

Early on I remember a couple people being interviewed (I want to say a landscaper and someone else) and they said he would yell and get very angry. So.....a real gem to all in his path.
No. His parents are both deceased and its unclear if he has any siblings. I have been waiting for the NYP to track down the first exwife! I am sure it will happen at some point. Most of his FB friends 'de friended' him shortly after the case started to gain visibility. I have been looking on SM for any positive comments about either MT or FD and haven't found any.

I respect your opinion on the family courts not being responsible but I must personally disagree in general in CT and specifically as it relates to the JD case.

There is a history in CT with wealthy parties in particular that the time spent in family court is execessivly long as the court demands experts, GALs and other costly professionals. In cases where there is no money at stake the court rarely asks for these items.

The JD case had dragged on for nearly 2 years and STILL the court didn't have financial records from FD sufficient to determine financial issues relative to the divorce and custody. Think of the billable hours just for atty fees to get to the 2 year mark in this divorce that has 500 documents AND COUNTING!

JD had fought hard with her atty to button up the visitation and then what happens? A bit of a flip flop from the court with an opening for FD to visit for a longer period with the children and with relaxed supervision.

I wonder what the legal bills were for this disasterous case thus far? FD petitioned the court to have his wife pay his legal bills as he was unable. Imagine how JD felt having worked for 2 years, her STBX has no cash allegedly but they have no disclosure documents and SHE IS FORCED TO PAY FOR HIS Atty? It is madness IMO pure and simple. This madness is the result of a system that is built to prolong the agony for children and spouses that just want out of a marriage who happen to have money. I realize the great anger and frustration that JD no doubt felt about everything that had happend to her marriage complete with the situation with the mistress/SP moving into a house that she owned 50% that was paid for with her parents money. But still JD fought on and we are now where we are?

Could the courts have compelled financial compliance from FD earlier in the process rather than wrist slaps for contempt? Its an interesting question. But judges are never held accountable and so the hamster wheel of these big money divorces just keeps going round and round IMO and in this case it was JD that paid both the bills and possibly with her life IMO.

Based on where they were with the divorce I can easily see wasting another year+ and not making much progress from where the case is today if JD were here to fight on. My main issue with this process is HOW DOES IT SUPPORT THE WELFARE OF CHILDREN? IMO the welfare of children were the last thing on the GALs mind or the infamous Judge Heller.

I realize the family atty's that are on thread are so used to this circus and dysfunction that they are surprised that others not part of this world are outraged. IMO more people should be outraged as I am hard pressed to see how this system works for women and children?

I wonder if JD didn't have money and there weren't assets at stake whether this divorce/custody matter wouldn't have been resolved by now? The other thing that baffles me is that by allowing non compliance in financial disclosure from FD for so long it effectively facilitated his abilty to hide assets and move money which in theory belonged at the end of the day to his 5 children and partially to his spouse. At what point do you toss someone in jail or call in the marshals to sieze computers and records in order to protect the interests of children? So far as I can see the Family Court system in CT did zero to protect either JD or the interests of her 5 children.

As always WS is great because we can agree to disagree and still keep it moving!
I applaud the states that have enacted family law statutes that have deadlines for filing the financial aid affidavits or they are in contempt - too bad CT doesn’t overhaul its statutes to be in the best interest of the child IMO he might have been jailed 2 years ago for contempt had something been in place MOO

MT has a daughter? And acts like this, as a mother? Lets the other FD children suffer wondering what happened to their mom? Won’t speak up for what’s right? And MT just stays, knowing her partner is a murderer? Unbelievable. What’s next? MT saying that she was terrified of FD and was just going along with everything he told her to do?

I'm sure she's thinking about using this as her defense right now as we speak (type). I still think she'll get some serious prison time, even if she flips on him.

I agree. What makes me question that a bit, is that I would have expected a leak by now.

You can’t keep the discovery of body parts a secret for long.

I’m perplexed.

I'm not at all convinced that she was dismembered.
I still see that as an unlikely scenario.

I think there was a whole bunch of stuff that got bloody between the garage, inside JD's home, inside the killer's vehicle, inside the killer's home, etc.
There were multiple crime scenes here.
There was most likely a lot of evidence that needed to be ditched.

I'm really hoping she wasn't dismembered.
It would be the final indignity.

JMO.

Last edited:
I think MT is just as much of a monster as FD, but if I was MT, I would not give up any info until I knew for sure FD isn't getting out of jail anytime soon. I'd be afraid he'd come for me next. He has nothing to lose at this point.

Hi Kay - Not sure where you live, but for a woman who grew up in NYC and lives in the tonier parts of Fairfield County, a gun is not a serious, practical option. I could never shoot one, let alone tote one, and I am not in the minority here.
In theory though JD could have gotten a permit to carry in CT but getting concealed carry permit in NYC is virtually impossible so far as I know. It seems like the option discussed earlier of live in security might have been the safer option but my bet is she refused this on the basis of possible impact on children. Curious what others think. I do know Mrs. Farber immediately hired security and it served her quite well as FD went straight to NYC to see the children. I think this is probably one of those issues that is crystal clear in hindsight. But I think it has raised awareness on the issue of personal panic buttons and higher tech security for those that might be in danger of violence from an ex partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz