Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I have family members that were in a similar financial situation to this family around the same time who hired a Swedish nanny. Neither of the parents knew Swedish but she took care of the three small kids and barely conversed in English at all. From what I remember she was around for 2-3 years. This is normal in affluent areas if you want your kids to grow up bilingual.

I never had a nanny, or bilingual children, so I don’t know these things. But, I feel like if I had a nanny, I would want to converse with her on child matters, feeding, napping, kids healthy. But I guess there are ways around a language barrier.

Investigators concluded that a "serious physical assault took place" at the home, meaning that they found a lot of blood, according to Dr. Baden.

"Not just casual cuts that sometimes occur for a person living at a house, but a lot of bleeding that would have normally required hospitalization," he said.

Furthermore, the amount of blood present may also point to the possibility of dismemberment, bolstered by the fact that multiple trash bags were allegedly dropped by Mr. Dulos.

'[Police] will be looking in the washing machine to see if there is blood there," Dr. Baden continued. "They will look in the bathtub. When you have a lot of blood, there is an issue of dismemberment."

It is now being reported that cadaver dogs are being used to investigate a trash facility where investigators believe Jennifer Dulos disappeared.

Dulos, 51, and girlfriend Michelle Troconis, 44, were arrested late Saturday at a hotel in Avon, Conn., on charges of tampering and hindering prosecution in relation to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos. Police say Mr. Dulos will likely face more charges in the coming days.

Dr. Michael Baden: Here's what investigators are looking for in Jennifer Dulos' disappearance

I never had a nanny, or bilingual children, so I don’t know these things. But, I feel like if I had a nanny, I would want to converse with her on child matters, feeding, napping, kids healthy. But I guess there are ways around a language barrier.
In their case FD did speak Greek so there was a way around the language barrier. Maybe they wanted a Greek nanny so kids would have that as their first language.

Bouncing this off my last post about my relatives who had a Swedish nanny, I know a lot of times it was just for shuttling the older kids and giving Mom time with the newborn. That could be the case here - or she could’ve had an affair with FD and JD didn’t know about it?

I wouldn't be surprised about the affair part.
Shuttling the kids around I definitely understand, but supposedly she didn't have a license.

Even if she could drive competently, driving kids around without a license is very risky. JD and FD could have easily been sued if she had an accident while doing that.

I'm wondering if she was really a nanny.
Who hires a nanny who can't speak the kid's language and who can't drive?
Maybe she was an in-home caretaker for the littlest ones still in diapers and such?

How would a nanny get kids to activities if she can't drive and once at activities/appointments/school, how would she communicate with staff there?
Maybe she had "poor English" or limited, but not fluent?

Supposedly the nanny was taking the grandma and a kid or two to the store when the accident happened.
It's possible the Greek nanny did indeed drive, but just didn't have a license.

jmo

I think I read somewhere that Fotis has a sister back in Greece. It appears that Jennifer has a sister in NY.

I wonder how these relatives will play into long-term custody situations. Wondering if Jennifer was close to her sister or maybe really close to a cousin? Maybe the nanny and her mom as co-guardians?

Just wondering if her mom's age (85) will have a part in custody when all of this is settled, particularly if someone from his family is willing or tried to step in.

I saw her mom's age in the DM article from today, otherwise I was thinking she was maybe 70-75 or so. Of course it seems like no one is closer to the kids than she is, but some lawyers could try to make a case with the age thing.
Grandmother managed to put the family under armed
protection without hesitation. Seems to have the resources for nanny, household help, etc. Reminds me of Michael Jackson's mother that was also elderly when she got custody of his young kids. MOO

Grandmother managed to put the family under armed
protection without hesitation. Seems to have the resources for nanny, household help, etc. Reminds me of Michael Jackson's mother that was also elderly when she got custody of his young kids. MOO
Look up JD on Google and find out who her parents are. They are definitely not hurting for cash and it’s pretty much a given that the kids will be set for life even though grandma is elderly. FWIW I’ve seen wealthy grandparents in their mid 80s have partial custody of grandkids around that age and have turned out fine. Lots of people live to 100 or over these days especially if they live a healthy lifestyle and have access to proper care and medical treatment.

I have a feeling that FD wanted his children to speak Greek and thus had a Greek speaking nanny. And I have a sneaking suspicion that what FD wanted, FD got.

Jennifer has a sister? I was wondering if she had siblings. Jennifer's mom GF needs all the support she can get, emotionally and practically.
Yes I read FD has a sister in Greece.
and MT has at least two sisters from what I discovered. We know about the one whose name starts with D, but there's another I found.

While the search goes on, I'm wondering what's happening with both FD and MT. Are they being questioned? I hope so and I hope the interrogation is difficult for them. Hoping one of them breaks.....but I doubt it.

We can only hope - do you have a feeling? or is it based on these searches occurring at so many different places today?
It is only my opinion based on the fact that LE is conducting a lot of searches and using cadaver dogs. My impression is that they are very committed to getting the goods on FD. And the case has received a lot of media attention, so LE may be getting some credible tips from the public as well. MOO

Last edited:
The mother of the man arrested in connection with the disappearance of his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos, died in a freak accident when she was run down by a family employee nearly nine years ago, according to a report.

Fotis Dulos’ mother, Kleopatra Dulos, 77, was reportedly run over in the driveway of her Connecticut home by the family’s 24-year-old nanny in a Sept. 6, 2010, incident, the Daily Mail reported on Wednesday.

The crash happened after the septuagenarian asked the nanny to move a Land Rover to make it easier for one of her grandkids to climb in, the website reported, citing a 2010 police report.

According to the report, Dulos bent down near the front of the car to make sure the lights were turning on and “the vehicle was moving forward during this span of time.”
[...]

Three months later, police learned Dulos had died as a result of the accident and went back to interview the driver, who was still employed by the family.

“I assumed that she had moved far away from the vehicle but apparently she had fallen down next to the vehicle and out of my sight,” the nanny reportedly told cops. “I pulled forward and I heard [one of the grandchildren] scream from the backseat.”

Fotis Dulos was also questioned and told cops he was in Italy at the time of the accident. He said his mom fell down a flight of stairs and cracked her head a couple of months before the accident and was still taking painkillers.
https://nypost.com/2019/06/05/mom-o...-was-run-over-by-nanny-in-fatal-car-accident/

ETA: Wow -- odd thing for son to say about his mom. I think 90 days after my mom was run down I'd still be in denial and not blaming her. :eek:

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-5_13-3-30.gif
    upload_2019-6-5_13-3-30.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 5
The mother of the man arrested in connection with the disappearance of his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos, died in a freak accident when she was run down by a family employee nearly nine years ago, according to a report.

Fotis Dulos’ mother, Kleopatra Dulos, 77, was reportedly run over in the driveway of her Connecticut home by the family’s 24-year-old nanny in a Sept. 6, 2010, incident, the Daily Mail reported on Wednesday.

The crash happened after the septuagenarian asked the nanny to move a Land Rover to make it easier for one of her grandkids to climb in, the website reported, citing a 2010 police report.

According to the report, Dulos bent down near the front of the car to make sure the lights were turning on and “the vehicle was moving forward during this span of time.”
[...]

Three months later, police learned Dulos had died as a result of the accident and went back to interview the driver, who was still employed by the family.

“I assumed that she had moved far away from the vehicle but apparently she had fallen down next to the vehicle and out of my sight,” the nanny reportedly told cops. “I pulled forward and I heard [one of the grandchildren] scream from the backseat.”

Fotis Dulos was also questioned and told cops he was in Italy at the time of the accident. He said his mom fell down a flight of stairs and cracked her head a couple of months before the accident and was still taking painkillers.
https://nypost.com/2019/06/05/mom-o...-was-run-over-by-nanny-in-fatal-car-accident/

ETA: Wow -- odd thing for son to say about his mom. I think 90 days after my mom was run down I'd still be in denial and not blaming her. :eek:
I'm wondering if the nanny was a family member? They seem to go out of their way to say she wasn't at fault. Doesn't matter, really, as I think the car incident was indeed an accident and unrelated to this case.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member