Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #5*ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I had this revelation. Why did we all think dismemberment? Why? Many garbage bags. Ok.......... Different locations, yes. But WHY did we all go there? I feel now that murder warrants would have been issued by now if that were true. (I know about the sorting, burning, etc..) I just feel differently today. I have been on and off of WS since 2013.
Possibly because Dr. Baden mentioned it although he is not working on this case. I’m still not convinced yet that it was dismemberment. Also, FD dispersed of the evidence in multiple locations, it would also make sense he dispersed of the body the same?.

Dr. Michael Baden: Here's what investigators are looking for in Jennifer Dulos' disappearance.

My understanding is that attorney client privilege does not end when you withdraw... @gitana1 ? I'm just very surprised at this wording. JMO
My understanding is that attorney client privilege does not end when you withdraw... @gitana1 ? I'm just very surprised at this wording. JMO
Yes, I just mean that since a lawyer may not lie to a judge about something they know their client did do - perhaps they know, and so cannot represent him to a judge.

His new lawyer is really a piece of work. I contacted him because I was so upset and I just felt it wrong the he is using his energy and expertise to defend this man, yes put justice system depends on everyone getting a defense but he is making a choice, a morally bankrupt one in my opinion, and he seems to be such a sleazy publicity hound. I never used any vile language or said anything I would be ashamed to see air publicly, and he replied right away -- and was nasty and snide and told me to f off. I was shocked that he would even bother! WOW. Weird, imo. I am heartbroken about this mom who seems so kind and empathetic, falling prey to such a masterful abusive manipulator - perhaps I should have stayed mum but his responses made me think even less of him. Definitely not a classy guy, that is for sure.

A real class act, eh? Makes me want to email him my thoughts about it too.

His new lawyer is really a piece of work. I contacted him because I was so upset and I just felt it wrong the he is using his energy and expertise to defend this man, yes put justice system depends on everyone getting a defense but he is making a choice, a morally bankrupt one in my opinion, and he seems to be such a sleazy publicity hound. I never used any vile language or said anything I would be ashamed to see air publicly, and he replied right away -- and was nasty and snide and told me to f off. I was shocked that he would even bother! WOW. Weird, imo. I am heartbroken about this mom who seems so kind and empathetic, falling prey to such a masterful abusive manipulator - perhaps I should have stayed mum but his responses made me think even less of him. Definitely not a classy guy, that is for sure.
Which really makes me wonder how JD is going to get along with his new attorney. Both seem to want to be Number 1!

A real class act, eh? Makes me want to email him my thoughts about it too.
Go for it hehe. I went to his site and just clicked on "contact norm pattis." I could not believe how fast he got back to me with his lovely reply. you'd think he would 1) have better things to do and have a thicker skin and/or 2) be more elegant and eloquent. the snide cursing was really tacky.

The DS-3053 requires a notary seal in order to submit. I doubt a notary would jeopardize their standing to forge. The raised seal and number are required to submit the form. And you need that person's ID copied front and back. In many cases the notary will also stamp that sheet of paper. Not easy to forge. The US government has gotten very good at closing documentation loopholes. My youngest needed a signed and notarized tavel consent form to travel with my inlaws and spouse since I was not there, even though my child had a passport.

"If one parent/guardian cannot go with the child to apply for the passport, they can give permission by completing Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent." You must submit the completed form with the child's passport application. The parent that cannot go with the child must:

• Sign and date Form DS-3053 in the presence of a certified notary public, and
  • Submit a photocopy of the front and back side of the ID that they present to the notary public with Form DS-3053." From:Children Under 16

Travel consent form:Minor Travel Consent Form
US passport. He was trying to get Greek Passport. What are their rules? I know Serbia was pretty lax.

People sell assets without the other person's consent all the time. It happened in my divorce. I'm a CT resident.

If it's their own name then it can happen. It may be against the automatic dissolution order but if they don't have to have the other person sign off, because the property is jointly held, it can be done even if they're not supposed to.

Of course they can do so with a court order/permission. They can also do so without order for the "necessities of life" in CT which includes attorneys fees, along other things like mortgage payments, rent, etc.

Otherwise, they have to pay back the community property interest or what they took, to the other spouse.

Sometimes what they took is balanced out via the award of other assets, or the assignment of debt that still doesn't seem fair to some people.

Sometimes what they took is predominately separate property (acquired before marriage or by gift or devise), so their won't be reimbursement of an equal division and the other party feels cheated even though legally it's not theirs, though they thought it was.

The sad cases are where one party hides income (like here), and the other spouse can't prove it and doesn't have the funds to do so (unlike here. But this case shows how hard and costly it can be). The court can't rule against someone in such cases without absolute proof.

Let me put it this way: 10 times out of 10, when someone comes to my office complaining about an unjust ruling and wants to have it set aside, it was legal and based on the law. 8 times out of 10 the client actually agreed to the judgment via a negotiated settlement! ("I was tired. I was emotional. My attorney didn't advise me correctly. I was pressured. I ran out of money and gave up.")

But what we have to remember here is:

1. Any property for which Jennifer is on title, he can't sell.
2. Everyone knows about this case and isn't going to get involved in selling property (that she's not on title to) that FD tries to sell that's involved in the divorce.
3. He can't liquidate assets to pay for CRIMINAL attorney's fees. Only for the family law case.
4. You better bet that mama Farber and her team of attorneys are going to work hard to ensure that FD is stopped no matter what he tries to do.

Good for you! I've encountered similar attorneys over the years. I know they are just "doing their job" but some act truly vile - JMO. My ex-BIL was like this too - pompous, arrogant, rude, etc. About nine years ago he was disbarred. We all thought it was well deserved karma!

https://findjenniferdulos.com/

Jennifer Dulos case: New Canaan police launch website seeking clues
Jennifer Dulos case: New Canaan police launch website seeking clues
Updated 12:22 pm EDT, Monday, June 10, 2019
[...]
New Canaan police have also created a website dedicated to the Jennifer Dulos case.

“We urge everyone with information regarding Jennifer’s disappearance to contact us,” New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski said in a statement. “We will not rest until we find Jennifer.”
[...]

https://findjenniferdulos.com/

Uh, that doesn't sound promising.

What happened to MT giving up evidence and the location of the body?

She was the best bet. A website isn't going to find Jennifer. FD won't talk.

Maybe they just don't want to represent FD in a murder case as well. The thing about the attorney client relationship being eroded sounds like he did something illegal relating to the civil suit (this could potentially be the murder itself or it could be something else) and the lawyer knows about it/could've been a coconspirator (this is MOO and just a theory) and didn't want to be potentially implicated.

Perhaps his choice of words could have been more pleasant, but his point, frankly, is valid. Sorry, but our entire legal system is dependent on lawyers representing both guilty and innocent defendants. It is really not up to us to decide whether a lawyer should represent a defendant or not.

It was a “column” in her local online news forum. Her blog was at her website.
The blog is still there. You just have to toggle to the "articles" section. Hope that's ok to mention, since I'm not providing a link. I just finished reading all her articles. So poignant and heartbreaking. Her kids were her life. She took such pains to celebrate their individuality, no minor undertaking, with five of them. It also sounds like FD, despite his depravity, was an involved parent (when he wasn't traveling and shagging).
I feel ooky saying anything remotely positive about him.

Question:

1) Did JD have more than one vehicle? Some of the articles I read mentioning the blood evidence in the garage say blood splatter on a vehicle (which we know can’t be the the Black Chevy Tahoe) and multiple stains on the floor. I think also blood in the home as well.

Multiple blood stains on the garage floor would suggest (MOO) that she was ambushed in the garage. FD/MT probably hit her in the head thinking it would knock her out. Without seeing pictures or a full description of the garage i would guess the blow didn’t knock her out and she was trying to fight/flee so multiple blows were needed. I know he had the gun mentioned in court papers that was licensed but I read he had turned that over a while before her murder to Farmington police.

Perhaps his choice of words could have been more pleasant, but his point, frankly, is valid. Sorry, but our entire legal system is dependent on lawyers representing both guilty and innocent defendants. It is really not up to us to decide whether a lawyer should represent a defendant or not.

In this case he made the choice to do it, why would you interject yourself into this other than for the press and exposure? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734