Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #5*ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what this rock solid alibi is for MT? An all day one with actual witnesses? Or just cell phone records? Because at 7:10 pm you have the two individuals caught on camera disposing of 30 trash bags. I admit I’m curious. An all day/night alibi?

Yeah, I agree it is possible. Particularly if he had the assistance of another party in disposal of the body. It is odd that with all the "evidence", a body hasn't been found and there is no murder charge. And if he did enlist someone else, it would have been in his interest not to involve MT.

Maybe he is smarter than we think...

I’m convinced that whatever happens in regards to the recovery of Jennifer’s body, there will still be a murder charge forthcoming.

It’ll take time to complete those lab tests, conduct interviews, analyze his cell phone records, and pore through what is likely hundreds of hours of surveillance footage.

It doesn’t take a genius to hide a body, and judging by his insane evidence dump, I’m sure he made plenty more mistakes here.

In development circles, Dulos is known for a flashy, brazen style. He aggressively pursued the niche of mansions for the wealthy at a time when many builders were moving toward smaller, energy-efficient homes requiring less maintenance.

Dulos’ business and his marriage were closely intertwined. The funding from his father-in-law, Hilliard Farber, boosted Dulos’ success, cutting through red tape, allowing for smooth acquisitions and leveraged more traditional bank loans.

Hilliard Farber was a former senior vice president at Chase Manhattan Bank who went on to serve as a fellow at the Brookings Institute and form his own brokerage firm, Hilliard Farber & Co.

“Mr. Farber was extremely generous to his son-in-law over the years,” Weinstein, the West Hartford attorney who represents Farber’s estate, told The Courant earlier this month.

[....]

In a June 2017 affidavit, Jennifer Dulos said the couple had planned to move to New Canaan “in large part because of my husband’s desire to grow his business in the Fairfield County area. We listed our home for sale and planned to move to my mother’s home in Pound Ridge, N.Y.” She said the couple enrolled the children at New Canaan Country School.

But the plan exploded, Jennifer Dulos said, when she discovered in March 2017 that her husband had been having an affair with Michelle Troconis. Jennifer Dulos told her husband she intended to move with the children to Pound Ridge.

What happened next was the product of an “irrational” mind, Jennifer Dulos said in court papers:

“My husband informed me that he decided to move [Michelle Troconis] and her daughter into the marital home and enroll [Troconis’] daughter in the private school that our children had attended for the last two years. He informed me that our children and I will continue to reside in the marital home every weekend during the summer, so that we all — his paramour and her daughter included — would be together. He also informed me that he will come and go from my mother’s residence whenever he wants during the week. Essentially, he expects to exhibit complete control over me and the children.”

[...]

Jennifer Dulos said she was outraged to discover that Dulos had brought an unregistered gun into the house. She said she feared the children could get their hands on it. Dulos said he legally purchased the gun and intended to learn how to shoot “in case he needed to protect his family.” He said the gun was stored, unloaded, its trigger locked, in a box with three locks. But he ultimately turned the gun over to Farmington police, according to court records.

Before being jailed in connection with the disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos, her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, faced a downward spiral in his business and marriage

Yes, but.... Remember the other night when we were looking at the tax bills for FD that we saw a few items listed that people thought might be the construction trailers? Perhaps he did have a boat that he paid tax on and we just didn't have the tax ID key to figure it out? It would be surprising that he didn't have a motor boat if he liked the ski. The season is so short in CT and boat rental options are quite limited. Maybe he just paid by the hr to have someone drive their boat so he could ski? IDK as my knowledge about this sport is limited.
Lakeside Sports on Candlewood Lake has water skiing packages that include the boat.

Thank you for confirming this! When I’ve viewed these roads on street view these roads don’t look curvy or dangerous to me either.

** By any chance did you drive by New Canaan Winter club? It appears to be on the corner of Frogtown Rd heading towards Welles lane. I believe hockey training and tournaments happen here? Not sure if it’s a private club?

Hi, do vaguely remember passing a building with that name. There are many schools, clubs and facilities once you get up in that area ...the streets truly meander throughout the area. You need to have a good GPS or know the roads.

OT. You guys are so spoilt.LOL
HaHa! Wouldn't you want to make sure you are getting value for your hard earned money if you were shelling out $4 million for a house? I would!

My point was that FD/Fore houses might look expensive and perhaps a bit OTT and grand from the outside but perhaps the quality of the finishing doesn't match the first glance impression. I guess its the old Form over Substance argument. FD followed a checklist in his development activities based no doubt on what some Realtor told him people wanted IMO.

I think one of the most interesting things his attorney said, in relation to reviewing the evidence, is his thought that they evidence is what it is and it probably won’t change much. That leads me to believe FD is very confident in knowing her body won’t be found.

I wonder what this rock solid alibi is for MT? An all day one with actual witnesses? Or just cell phone records? Because at 7:10 pm you have the two individuals caught on camera disposing of 30 trash bags. I admit I’m curious. An all day/night alibi?

They have a solid time window for when this murder happened, so if she wasn’t in the area during that time period, that would eliminate her as being a viable perpetrator for the murder itself.

We already know that she helped with the evidence dump, so law enforcement would treat everything she has to say with skepticism.

Something compelling would have to put her at another location, and it wouldn’t be a matter of a friend of hers vouching for her.

It would have a solid basis, and be nearly irrefutable.

They are stock photos of the home staged for the purpose of listing the home and appealing to certain type of buyer... (ahem)
However I first came across them last week on Daily Mail - which had some humorous captions (mockery) underneath such "staged" rooms.
For example.... for what appears to be a staged playroom, "The above image shows what appears to be a room where children can play with various toys".
Check it out....
State police obtain DNA samples from estranged husband of missing mother of five | Daily Mail Online
View attachment 188394
That's staged? ?! Goodness. My hobby is decorating and painting. I could have done better after 3 lemon drops, and a blindfold on! No wonder these houses sat on the market!

I don’t think his bond will be reduced-why would it be, just because the lawyer makes the request-maybe one of the attorneys here can explain why would or wouldn’t be likely?

Especially since MT is out and hers wasn't reduced. But different Judge, different court.

The reporter is fairly clear in saying she was not in NC that day. So, I think it is a daytime alibi, probably corroborated by her cell phone pings. The arrest warrant never mentioned her phone.

The woman in the car smoking and leaning out.... is that MT? Or, is there another woman who is involved with FD?

This is disappointing but, if accurate, allows us to focus on FD in a very different way. Was he with someone else? Did he do this on his own? I do want the real criminal(s) to go to prison. So, we back track and develop other theories.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Is the area where her car found heavily traveled? I am curious why no one seems to have seen the car parked there (or LE hasn't released this information) and what time they may have seen it. I think the car timing is important IMO- again thank you!

I would not say this road is heavily traveled. In fact, I thought I would have seen more people and cars, even police for that matter. Her car was a suburban...almost every mom in this area either drives a black suburban, black escalade or range rover. An old scary looking van would stick out, but not a Suburban. "These things don't happen in New Canaan"

Sources: Michelle Troconis, the girlfriend of Fotis Dulos, was not in New Canaan on the day Jennifer Dulos disappeared, and she provided no details to investigators on the missing mother’s whereabouts.

Hartford Courant on Twitter

Sources: Michelle Troconis was not in New Canaan on the day Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared, provided no details to investigators on missing mother’s whereabouts
Well what the heck did she tell them over her three hour interview? She thought it was completely normal to ride around with her boyfriend dumping bloodied objects and random license plates in 30 different spots? Is that considered one of their typical date nights?

The Olcott way property right near the Mountain Spring Property is now missing on his website under available homes.

In Farmington, Dulos also has been an active developer along Mountain Spring Road, where older, expansive estates are being carved up.

Dulos’ problems — splashed all over the local and national media — have already spawned at least one “vulture offer” from a buyer for one of Dulos’ properties that is for sale at 80 Mountain Spring Road, the sight of intense police searching in the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

“I was asked to put an offer in at significantly below the list price, less than half,” said Rob Giuffria, managing broker at Tea Leaf Realty in West Hartford and a longtime agent for upscale homes. “They know what has happened. They haven’t been in it. But they like the pictures they’ve seen, and they’ve driven by it.”

[...]

Dulos has attracted some investors for the 80 Mountain Spring development. They included a $600,000 line of credit from Henry Masiello of Coventry, R.I., and a $500,000 mortgage from Ioannis Toutziaridis of Athens, Greece, land records show. Masiello did not return a call seeking comment. Toutziaridis couldn’t be reached.

A week or so ago, a “Sold” sign appeared on one of the lots, but the town clerk in Farmington hasn’t registered a sale.

In that same area, Fore Group Inc. completed two of three houses on Olcott Way, each selling for $1.6 million in 2016. Fore Group sold the third lot in February to powerful and politically-connected construction company owner James Manafort Jr. for $250,000, at a loss to the $283,000 Fore paid in 2013, property records show.

Before being jailed in connection with the disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos, her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, faced a downward spiral in his business and marriage

ETA: No surprise that FD is trying to generate some serious cash, and also using the company website to represent available inventory. MOO

A MOTORCYCLE!?!?!? We haven't chatted about that yet have we? Possibilities of what a motorcycle could offer FD in terms of access to different terrain and locations to dispose of JD body or even conduct surveillance are interesting. Wonder if he still had the motorcycle?
Or ATV? Now your cooking!

Maybe MT wasn’t in NC the morning of 5/24? Maybe they have cell records showing MT was in Farmington? Maybe she had a morning meeting in Farmington and has an alibi for the time JD went missing? Maybe MT was driving back and forth between Jefferson Crossing and Mountain Spring with FD’s phone the afternoon of 5/24? A lot of maybe’s!

Last edited:
I would not say this road is heavily traveled. In fact, I thought I would have seen more people and cars, even police for that matter. Her car was a suburban...almost every mom in this area either drives a black suburban, black escalade or range rover. An old scary looking van would stick out, but not a Suburban. "These things don't happen in New Canaan"

Another note, the area where her car was found is where people park to go into the park. Like I said, there are carved out areas on the side of the road. She possibly did park there or it was made to look like that.

I think one of the most interesting things his attorney said, in relation to reviewing the evidence, is his thought that they evidence is what it is and it probably won’t change much. That leads me to believe FD is very confident in knowing her body won’t be found.
But he can't tell his attorney, "Don't worry, they won't find the body, " can he? Of course he will tell him he doesn't know where the body is. Pattis is just spinning.

The reporter is fairly clear in saying she was not in NC that day. So, I think it is a daytime alibi, probably corroborated by her cell phone pings. The arrest warrant never mentioned her phone.

The woman in the car smoking and leaning out.... is that MT? Or, is there another woman who is involved with FD?

This is disappointing but, if accurate, allows us to focus on FD in a very different way. Was he with someone else? Did he do this on his own? I do want the real criminal(s) to go to prison. So, we back track and develop other theories.
Didn't the warrant says MT's phone pinged in the same area of Hartford that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l