Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the car in the garage was the nanny's an she leave it there when she switches it for the Range rover
That would add another individual coming into the garage that day other than potentially the housekeeper. LE has been silent on timeline of nanny other than picking up children from school and taking them to NYC and then letting them into the Welles house supposedly later in the day on the 24th.

Someone from my group posted a waterski case. There is a soft lining and a hard telescoping shell that a body can fit inside, especially a thin one.
Hard Travel Case - Black
hardtravelcase005__98616.1322538199.1080.1080.jpg

If majority of her blood was drained and cleaned up at her house then there wont be that much blood inside this that would leak out

That would add another individual coming into the garage that day other than potentially the housekeeper. LE has been silent on timeline of nanny other than picking up children from school and taking them to NYC and then letting them into the Welles house supposedly later in the day on the 24th.
Yup, unless the last time nanny came over was another day and she switched out to the RR on a previous day, knowing the plan was to go drive them to NC on Friday after the half day early release.

maybe get the rolled cylinder started then go to other doorside and PULL across back floor?
I watched the Gray Hughes video showing where the Toyota was parked in relation to the Suburban. It's really out in the open, more so than I would have thought. I thought it would have been more in the actual park but it's right on the highway basically. And it didn't look like there would have been a lot of room to double park while making that transfer to the back seat. Seems like transfer into the bed of the truck with Suburban backed up to it would make more sense. But still, WAY out in the open. MOO.

Poster above states truck is 2 door and verified as such thru VIN. Interesting.
I just looked inside a 2015 version of this truck I believe and it had what I would call a 'jump seat' pull down for the back seat - just a flat seat that can be pulled up and down.

With the jump seat up and door open, IMO its possible to place a body in the rear portion of the front cab as you might have 18"-24" across the rear portion of the cab if the seats were pulled forward. Its interesting that the driver of the truck that I interviewed is 6'4" and he said he doesn't use the back seat much except for storage as he has to have the driver seat all the way back as he is too tall to use the truck any other way. FD though is petite and so could have pushed the driver seat forward and so give almost all usable space in the rear portion of the cab IMO.

But, if you put the passenger seat all the way back (leaving no space in rear portion behind the passenger seat) then IMO it might be possible to place the body in a bag there as well and it might be faster than placing the body in the rear portion of the cab.

MOO

Yup, unless the last time nanny came over was another day and she switched out to the RR on a previous day, knowing the plan was to go drive them to NC on Friday after the half day early release.
Ok, I guess this can just be added to the 'open issues' list.

Its getting tricky with misinfomation via Press coming into the story here. I believe the SA was the paper that discussed the garage doors being open early in the case and they also mentioned the word 'cars'.

I watched the Gray Hughes video showing where the Toyota was parked in relation to the Suburban. It's really out in the open, more so than I would have thought. I thought it would have been more in the actual park but it's right on the highway basically. And it didn't look like there would have been a lot of room to double park while making that transfer to the back seat. Seems like transfer into the bed of the truck with Suburban backed up to it would make more sense. But still, WAY out in the open. MOO.
I agree.Posted the same.

That’s interesting! Also I believe I have seen a couple of places either in MSM or the AW(s) that the Chevy Suburban JD was driving and used to drop off the kiddos that morning was a RENTAL and not owned by JD. Like the house on 69 Welles Lane she was renting it I believe. Not sure how that works with the rental or leasing company once the vehicle becomes part of a crime/crime scene(s). That vehicle is still in possession of LE I believe. The defense has a right to inspect all evidence collected with their own experts and all evidence collected must be preserved not only for the defense BUT in case there is an appeal. I am pretty sure I am right on this but if not I owe you a quarter :D
Leasing is common in CT (our family leases one of our cars). JD left in 2017 in the RR according to FDs 911 call. She would have needed a vehicle right away so it would make sense she would have leased a 2017 Suburban.
I’m sure LE can keep it as long as they need to.

If the Suburban owned by JD was registered in her name alone - it is possible that registration/taxes were pre-paid - we are allowed to pay up to 3 years at a time. If the Suburban was re-titled in the name of the Trust - we would not know that IMO unless we knew the exact name of the Trust. If the Nanny is still driving the children in her RR - then I'm betting GF has taken care of all the logistics to make that a legal vehicle IMO. I wonder if the Suburban is still in evidence? I still think he may have slammed her against it during a blitz attack and there is damage to it JMO
The public has never seen the JD Suburban as it was impounded by LE and not seen again.

On the prepaid tax issue most towns in CT don't permit it to be done.

Here is the NC Tax Schedule: Welcome to New Canaan, CT
When are Taxes Due?

Real Estate - Due semi-annually - July 1 and January 1
Motor Vehicle Taxes - Due annually - July 1 (vehicles registered as of October 1) DMV Website
Supplemental Motor Vehicle Taxes - Due annually - January 1 (vehicles registered from October 2 through the following July 31)
Personal Property Taxes - Due annually - July l (for businesses in New Canaan as of October 1)
Taxpayer is responsible for retaining own records for income tax purposes.

That’s interesting! Also I believe I have seen a couple of places either in MSM or the AW(s) that the Chevy Suburban JD was driving and used to drop off the kiddos that morning was a RENTAL and not owned by JD. Like the house on 69 Welles Lane she was renting it I believe. Not sure how that works with the rental or leasing company once the vehicle becomes part of a crime/crime scene(s). That vehicle is still in possession of LE I believe. The defense has a right to inspect all evidence collected with their own experts and all evidence collected must be preserved not only for the defense BUT in case there is an appeal. I am pretty sure I am right on this but if not I owe you a quarter :D
Leasing is common in CT (we lease
one of our cars and it’s so much easier). JD left in 2017 in the RR according to FDs 911 call. She would have needed a vehicle right away so it would make sense she would have leased one.
The nanny could have had the RR for the week like EE left his truck with FD for the week. Or she could have just kept the RR overnight knowing she’d need to pick up the kids early from school the next day. Depends what the nanny’s schedule was that week and what agreement she had with JD about using the car.

IMO that makes him into an even bigger jerk. He threw away his family simply because he was enamored. I would think that saying that him and JF grew apart and he found true love or his soul mate he would not alienate as many. Romantics may have even viewed him as the victim then. I have read one too many romantic fantasy story of a long suffering person finally finding the one after years of being with someone else that I think some would have even found the FOHO story "magical".
In case it hasn't been posted, below is the link to watch the full Dateline Episode from last night. FD saying he was enamored with MT is likely a ploy to make her gush and not go against him.
The Disappearance of Jennifer

Rough notes on HLN discussion on True Crime Live:

Jean Casarez: He started with past tense, then switched to present.

They panel things his statement about a “beautiful life” with MT could come back to bite him. That’s a red flag.

Focus on him, and doesn’t express concerns for Jennifer.

Narcissistic personality disorder, according to Sarah Cailean, a former law enforcement officer.

She also used the term “malignant narcissist.”

Two different versions of the same marriage.:

Jennifer was characterizing him as a “domestic abuser,” and his responses in court (divorce), were what you see from a domestic abuser.

How do we know that GH's depiction is accurate?
In other cases here on WS his opinion has not been considered at all in fact he has been somewhat disparaged as being inaccurate so much that many posters rolled their eyes when
his name came up.
I've never followed him so no opinion. Just passing on what others on WS have thought.

Quick recap from this: Asked if he did it (a yes or no question), he says "I DID not." Emphasis on the subconscious admission "I did." He adds "not" to cover himself.
According to Susan, he should've been able to say a simple "No."

Another bit of the Dateline interview w/FD that I found interesting comes at about 14:15 of the Chaz and AJ podcast that was posted on Audiogram. FD refers to the fact that : " I willingly gave them (NCPD) the phone." Wouldn't this make it more difficult for NP to argue that the FD's phone was taken improperly and therefore be excluded as evidence? JMO

https://www.quora.com/How-deep-should-I-bury-a-body-so-it-doesnt-smell-while-it-decomposes

I googled “how deep should a body be buried so it cannot be smelled”

Above answer from Texas law.....18inches in a metal container, 24 inches in a wooden or no container....but it can still smell

However reading many articles, there are cemeteries that give off odors for various reason (broken cement containers, boxes, no boxes, vaults issues). Also not all countries have laws to bury the dead. In the USA each state has its own laws.

So, IMO if he did bury Jennifer, he would have dug a shallow grave as he did not have a lot of time nor would he want to spend a lot of time digging. He would not think the body smelled, but IMO it would have smelled unless he put it in a container. Then only a trained dog would be able to smell it.

I wonder if LE searched the yards of any homes being built for a shallow grave, or under a newly laid patio. If he buried her in water it would be in a container full of cement to stay at the bottom otherwise the body will float to the top.

I still hope Jennifer can be found.

Given FDs access to excavation type equipment and the likelihood of this being premeditated, I think he could have dug a very, very deep hole in advance, put her in a container and then covered it very well with brush, tree limbs....things to throw off any smell. I wouldn't rule this out at all. During Dateline, that aerial drone footage of MT looking off into the woods after the investigators walked away, makes me wonder what she was thinking about.

Another bit of the Dateline interview w/FD that I found interesting comes at about 14:15 of the Chaz and AJ podcast that was posted on Audiogram. FD refers to the fact that : " I willingly gave them (NCPD) the phone." Wouldn't this make it more difficult for NP to argue that the FD's phone was taken improperly and therefore be excluded as evidence? JMO
Ha! One would think.

He gave them his phone willingly, and they got a warrant before they actually analyzed it.

Sounds like they did this by the book.

How do we know that GH's depiction is accurate?
In other cases here on WS his opinion has not been considered at all in fact he has been somewhat disparaged as being inaccurate so much that many posters rolled their eyes when
his name came up.
I've never followed him so no opinion. Just passing on what others on WS have thought.
Maybe it is not accurate. I will have to watch again more critically. I recall at least one other poster, who is a local, was familiar with where the Suburban was located. This is before AW2. If the GH depiction is anywhere near accurate, the location is VERY public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969