DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he did something 'over the top' to
make her remains disappear.
Does he have any connections/relatives still
in the tanning or rendering business around CT?
Large animal carcasses in some areas used to be collected and hauled to a rendering plant
where they made various products from them.
The carcasses were broken down to the point
of simple by-products being all that's left.
Based on how long I think he'd been planning this, something similar would fit his M.O.
mOO
Yes to the relatives in the leather business (PA if I recall) but believe its focused on leather finishing work and not the processing aspect of the industry which is enviornmentally difficult to do in the US.
MOO

One thought/feeling I get is that maybe FD did not move JD’s body from JD’s suburban to the Tacoma at Waveny Park/the pullout. I think that would have been too risky and unpredictable. It does seem from the evidence that LE has that JD’s body and other evidence was likely in both of those vehicles. So to make my theory work with the evidence - maybe FD had JD’s body in the suburban to leave JD’s house > drove somewhere close by, but more hidden and attempted to clean suburban of evidence and left JD’s body temporarily > drove suburban to Waveny park > parked and hopped out of suburban and left walking or jogging off to avoid looking suspicious > walked or jogged to Tacoma > drove Tacoma to retrieve body and other evidence > started trip back to 80 MS very careful to adhere to speed limits.

This would help account for the extra time between leaving JD’s house and passing northbound in the Tacoma if he had to drop off body and return for body at another, more private location nearby first. I think he could have biked or run to JD’s. This would have also kept FD from appearing suspicious if he was just exiting cars appearing to be someone at Waveny Park for recreation, as opposed to trying to move a body and evidence at an unpredictable public location. Could also account for why there appears to have been more evidence left in the Tacoma than the suburban because if FD returned somewhere to hastily put the body in the car, it could have gotten more sloppy at that point. That is gross, but I have been trying to think of why that appears to be the case. This is all IMOO and my scenario if he was definitely alone.

If MT was with him in NC that morning, obviously that would change everything. Wasn’t there a FORE property nearby JD’s house? Can someone remind me which one it was? I think I should have been keeping a list of all properties and locations because I think I’m starting to confuse myself!

All IMOO
The NC house is on Sturbridge Hill Rd.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/61-Sturbridge-Hill-Rd-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57327003_zpid/

@enelram, exactly! My concern is that FD has stacked the mortgages (3) and the trade claims (6 last time I looked at NC Town Hall records) that given our estimate of selling price based on $/SF for NC and $1.5 purchase price (not sure this is real either) that I wonder if there will be anything left for the GF attachment?
And IRS may jump in there and supercede all
other liens if what we believe is true in that he
hasn't tended to income taxes for a few years
even though he's had a couple sales .

Hadn't seen this interview so thanks for posting. He spoke last week outside Troop G I think and it was posted on same day as FD arrest and bail. Glad to see State Police out on the PR offensive ahead of the Dateline "Jennifers Alive" narrative.

CNN had a legal analyst on the other night talking about the most recent arrest warrants and IMO the reporting was focused on the facts which was much appreciated IMO.

On the Press issues we have seen, I was hunting for more references to 'blood evidence' in the press stories to see if it might be possible to make some kind of estimate on total JD blood loss. Haven't made much progress with this line of inquiry. If anyone finds articles referencing blood and can post them that would be helpful in this effort.

But, I started from the beginning of this sad case on the Dave Altimari coverage looking for references to blood and I was truly stunned that if you read it from beginning to end how much of the content seems to be sourced from Pattis IMO. I am actually so shocked about the substance of the reporting that I actually printed out all the articles and am now backtracking to double check possible sources and comparing to other papers reporting. I guess I am very naive to think that the old HC is the same as the new HC as so much of what seems to be 'fit to print' is rumor and single sourced IMO. I hope I'm wrong on this and I will keep reading and researching but so far I'm super disappointed.

What I think is upsetting me is that if the Pattis chatter isn't double sourced or otherwise fact checked then it hits the publics minds as "fact" because people will say they read it in the HC. But with Pattis there have been next to no actual "facts" IMO and so having the credibility of the HC to support his statements allows him to create a case narrative that is IMO far from anything having to do with the actual evidence. Will keep reading and will report back on this at some point as its a longer term project. I just hope someone at the HC is doing this process as well as I wonder who the Editor is?

MOO MOO MOO

Had there been enough blood to prove on its own that a murder had occurred, I don’t think it would have been characterized the way it has (something to the effect of a violent assault).

So my guess is that it’s going to end up being the sum of its parts, as opposed to one major thing.

But there’s enough.

The blood that was found in the home.

The cleanup that occurred.

The blood and other evidence that was recovered from the evidence dumping escapade.

The fact that so much time has passed, and Jennifer hasn’t shown even the smallest sign of life.

*edited grammar

Last edited:
Caroline Lago brought up an excellent observation which I totally agree with:
"I did notice that on the highway footage going North, the Tacoma is driving in the right, slower lane, so this could allude to him wanting to go the speed limit with a body in the car, otherwise, given the stories of his Porsche, he would likely be flying in the left speed lane."
Yes, FD stayed within limits for the entire trip back to Farmington which IMO is quite unusual for him. I believe the body was with FD going North from NC and not left in NC. MOO

Had there been enough blood to prove on its own that a murder had occurred, I don’t think it would have been characterized the way it has (something to the effect of a violent assault).

So my guess is that it’s going to end up being the sum of its parts, as opposed to one major thing.

But there’s enough.

The blood that was found in the home.

The cleanup that occurred.

The blood and other evidence that was recovered from the evidence dumping escapade.

The fact that so much time has passed, and Jennifer hasn’t shown even the smallest sign of life’s.
Yes, absolutely agree!

LE on Friday was speaking of JD in the past tense in their discussion about the process of putting the case together and I don't think they would do so unless they were convinced on the blood loss issue being such that a person could not survive.

The most recent AW was quite clear that FD was leaving Welles with the 'body' of JD.

Its hard to reconcile this clear statement from LE about the body of JD leaving Welles with FD in the JD Suburban and FD saying that JD is "ALIVE" on NBC/Dateline.

MOO

Yes, FD stayed within limits for the entire trip back to Farmington which IMO is quite unusual for him. I believe the body was with FD going North from NC and not left in NC. MOO

Certainly a good explanation for his uncharacteristic foray into law-abiding. I wonder, would he still have driven cautiously if it was ‘merely’ bloody clothes that was his cargo?

wellesyardsmall.png
Source: Dateline/NBC

For those thinking about entry to the Welles property I took a simple screen shot from Dateline footage of the Welles yard taken from a drone I think. It gives a good idea of the closeness of the wooded area to the rear of JD house and the location of the 3 bay garage setup and the upper driveway.

The basketball net where FD was supposedly playing basketball on Wed. evening, 2 days before the missing date is also clearly in view as are the typical lacrosse practice tools.

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely agree!

LE on Friday was speaking of JD in the past tense in their discussion about the process of putting the case together and I don't think they would do so unless they were convinced on the blood loss issue being such that a person could not survive.

The most recent AW was quite clear that FD was leaving Welles with the 'body' of JD.

Its hard to reconcile this clear statement from LE about the body of JD leaving Welles with FD in the JD Suburban and FD saying that JD is "ALIVE" on NBC/Dateline.

MOO

Norm doesn’t let the facts get in the way of a provocative narrative, even when those facts are damning.

He’s going to take advantage of the fact that LE doesn’t have all their cards on the table yet.

I think that’s exactly the point of tonight’s Dateline appearance.

Continue to spin before the facts make spinning impossible (or more difficult atleast). I think everyone should be prepared to feel more than a little angry after this.

Norm’s about to have his moment.

For the possibility that FD jogged through the woods, please keep in mind that MT's sister owns a company that makes plastic booties that cover up shoes.

A few pairs of those, and he might have evaded dogs tracking him, as well as being able to take them off once done in the garage, to avoid blood spatters on shoes?

(Edited for grammar)

I'm just hoping they got the unwashed pants from the man who found it (and wiped it on his pants) - I'm sure they'd buy him a few new pairs for that one...
I know! I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

It doesn’t sound like he’d be the type of guy to do his laundry regularly, so there’s a chance I guess.

View attachment 203320
Source: Dateline/NBC

For those thinking about entry to the Welles property I took a simple screen shot from Dateline footage of the Welles yard taken from a drone I think. It gives a good idea of the closeness of the wooded area to the rear of JD house and the location of the 3 bay garage setup and the upper driveway.

The basketball net where FD was supposedly playing basketball on Wed. evening, 2 days before the missing date is also clearly in view as are the typical lacrosse practice tools.
here is a view showing the wooded area along the Noroton River.upload_2019-9-9_15-42-0.png

I find the maps helpful - thanks @aaron44 and @afitzy.

Here are some more, just in case. They show:
  • Driving routes from Lapham Rd (Waveny Park) to JP house
  • Overhead closeup view of house and part of the woods going there from the park
  • Driving and walking (dotted) path - times shown for regular walking - jogging would be 1/3 the time and he's an experienced jogger.
Please keep in mind possible places for a second person to be hiding, as well, as we don't know if MT was spotting him or driving him part of the way, including picking up the body. (Then again, we don't even know if she was in NC, but she has no alibi.)

Attachments

• 69 welles closeup.png
    69 welles closeup.png
    780.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 69 welles driving and walking routes.png
    69 welles driving and walking routes.png
    687.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 69 welles driving routes.png
    69 welles driving routes.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 41
Google Maps
Look how close the neighbor on the right is from the garages on JD's house. At that time of year there wouldn't have been many leaves on the trees.
Google Maps From the air, notice the proximity of the back of the neighbors to her garages. I wonder if they have security cameras pointing out that direction.
Also, I remember there was a report that JD had left her garage door open and the neighbor had noticed. I cannot find it now.

If he has "nothing to hide", why hasn't he submitted his financial records after numerous court requests? If he has "nothing to hide", why did he refuse to testify and plead the fifth? If he has "nothing to hide", why has not assisted LE with their investigation? If he has "nothing to hide", why was he traveling down Albany, discarding evidence? If he has "nothing to hide", why did he use PG's red truck, have it detailed, and insist that the seats (or should I use the word "hardware") be changed? I could go on .. but I will stop.

Where is his emotion? He looks angry, stiff, and fake. I look forward to watching this tonight. MOO!

Yes, FD is pissed off because, in his mind, he's the victim. Also, as someone else had posted similarly: In ancient Greece, the continued existence of the dead depended on their constant remembrance by the living... the Greeks believed a significant amount about the afterlife with specific rituals. When FD says that "I believe she is alive.", perhaps he does in the afterlife and that's how he justifies all of this to himself. NP is sitting back collecting his converted Euros because, at this point, he may as well keep convincing FD that all this circumstantial evidence won't prove anything. Afterall, FD has "nothing to hide".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member