Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not surprised - I thought she would plead the 5th -I wonder what the precedence is for a Judge to compel her to answer?? JMO

I believe that you cannot take the 5th to protect another person (FD); only yourself. And it’s only to protect you from being charged with a crime-I don’t think you can do it to protect your reputation, for example. I think that some of the questions posed to her Wednesday could have incriminated her in financial crimes, but some of them would have been about FD’s activities. And she is protecting him in this way. AB may have given the “blanket 5th” idea to her as an option, but the judge may compel her to answer questions that don’t relate specifically to anything she has done. And then she will just say that she doesn’t know, or doesn’t remember. And then I’m not sure what Weinstein’s options are, if they can prove that she is lying about not knowing.

Good points. Like I stated earlier , I think MT saw her days were numbered in terms of her child support payments expiring.
Tick Tock . Time is running out .
She had no source of income other than her shifty Fotis Group paycheck . Who was paying her daughter’s private school tuition, her daughters after school activities, lift tickets , ski’s, boots , $800 ski jackets , ski club, summer camps, Brandi Melville clothes, $200 Air Force one sneakers ,
$80 Jack Rodger’s sandals, Tory Burch bathing suits .
Maybe, her baby daddy or her parents but, most likely she was at the control booth in her office at Fotis Group on her computer scheming ways to enrich her own bank account.

The point was not to defend or stick up for MT in any way. It was (for me IMO) the wild speculation that comes from either silence in the case, or new information. My examples, taking her pleading the fifth in the civil case and letting that suddenly mean she is the mastermind killer. Taking her looks and launching into drug habits off of that. Respectfully, IMO, these are assumptions with no basis in fact.
IMO –
If adultery and lying in general/lying to the court/lying to police equals a “gateway” to murder we would have absolute mayhem in this country.

My last letter, I promise.

To WSers:

Thank you for all of your dedication to this case and seeking justice for Jennifer!

You are all so smart and savvy. Your words make me laugh and cry.

May our wish on JF’s behalf come true (soon.)

:))))

I have to apologize if I went a little overboard today. It’s just that I’m so saddened that instead of her children waking up today, excited to celebrate their amazing Mom, instead of being happy it’s the weekend and playing outside, picking pumpkins and just enjoying being children, they are grieving and missing their mom and having to deal with the harshness and weight of this tragedy.

I’ve followed so many other cases but this one really affects me. It’s just her smile, the way she wrote about her children, the way she protected them and really lived for them.

The million dollar question. Why? Why can’t people think of consequences? It really baffles me. Senseless.

Okay, finished. Thank you.

Last edited:
I have to apologize if I went a little overboard today. It’s just that I’m so saddened that instead of her children waking up today, excited to celebrate their amazing Mom, instead of being happy it’s the weekend and playing outside, picking pumpkins and just enjoying being children, they are grieving and missing their mom and having to deal with the harshness and weight of this tragedy.

The million dollar question. Why? Why can’t people think of consequences? It really baffles me. Senseless.

Okay, finished. Thank you.
You didn’t go “overboard” your posts bring a tear to my eye . I believe everyone on this site would have been friends with Jennifer if we had known her . In tribute to the kinship we feel with her now our collective minds seek to puzzle the pieces together in hopes of bringing her justice and some peace from above ...

You didn’t go “overboard” your posts bring a tear to my eye . I believe everyone on this site would have been friends with Jennifer if we had known her . In tribute to the kinship we feel with her now our collective minds seek to puzzle the pieces together in hopes of bringing her justice and some peace from above ...

Thank you and love your thoughts!

Yes, I would imagine he had his suspicions about FD.
And although he did do well to protect her money with a Trust and all, I can’t help but think JD convinced her Dad to help FD start his business. And that’s only because FD was probably pressuring her about it all of the time. The poor girl. :(

It seems to me that FD went from graduate school student to husband. I don't know that he was ever employed. (??) (Wife # 1 was an attorney -- was he employed during that short marriage).

I agree that JD's father essentially "bought" FD a job, probably to give him something to do besides coach his children-- to the degree of child abuse.

And the home builder arrangement (funded by HF) without the pressure of bank loans seemed to work for a while-- with FD repaying the advanced funds upon the sale of each home.

Making progress with his building craft -- FD likely felt he finally had some disposable income he "earned," -- using his "gain" to take up with MT.

I also believe FD began his affair during a low period in JD's life when she was preoccupied with her father's declining health, and ultimate death. Rather than support his wife and her family -- especially HF who had been so generous with him, he took his wealthy, playboy self to Miami to nurture his affair with MT.

(I believe FD began his affair with MT the year prior. HF passed in January, and JD found out about the affair with MT in March).

MOO

It seems to me that FD went from graduate school student to husband. I don't know that he was ever employed. (??) (Wife # 1 was an attorney -- was he employed during that short marriage).

I agree that JD's father essentially "bought" FD a job, probably to give him something to do besides coach his children-- to the degree of child abuse.

And the home builder arrangement (funded by HF) without the pressure of bank loans seemed to work for a while-- with FD repaying the advanced funds upon the sale of each home.

Making progress with his building craft -- FD likely felt he finally had some disposable income he "earned," -- using his "gain" to take up with MT.

I also believe FD began his affair during a low period in JD's life when she was preoccupied with her father's declining health, and ultimate death. Rather than support his wife and her family -- especially HF who had been so generous with him, he took his wealthy, playboy self to Miami to nurture his affair with MT.

(I believe FD began his affair with MT the year prior. HF passed in January, and JD found out about the affair with MT in March).

MOO
In our timeline - he worked at an Accounting firm - I believe that is the source of his 401K money. JMO

MOO

JF father sick then dying was the best thing that ever happened to FD. He didn’t even have to bother faking “work” anymore and had the audacity to flaunt his girlfriend and laughably ask to have MT and her kid move in with FD and JF and their 5 children.

With Daddy gone... it was all going to be FD money soon ....

Guys like him are a dime a dozen in Connecticut, I see them every day. Good thing is most of them don’t actually kill their wives. But... this type. This grifting con man-non-working-non earning-living off wealthy father in law - this P*S - they are all over this area ...

I believe that you cannot take the 5th to protect another person (FD); only yourself. And it’s only to protect you from being charged with a crime-I don’t think you can do it to protect your reputation, for example. I think that some of the questions posed to her Wednesday could have incriminated her in financial crimes, but some of them would have been about FD’s activities. And she is protecting him in this way. AB may have given the “blanket 5th” idea to her as an option, but the judge may compel her to answer questions that don’t relate specifically to anything she has done. And then she will just say that she doesn’t know, or doesn’t remember. And then I’m not sure what Weinstein’s options are, if they can prove that she is lying about not knowing.

The reason I'm uncertain if AB advised MT to go for the "blanket 5th," is because AB/MT had been fighting the subpoena for her deposition for some time.

I believe AB and RW finally came to an agreement about the questions, and we know how it ended.

AB did talk to RW following MT's deposition, as RW included this in his motion to the court (AB advised he would have a conference with the court about the deposition and invocation of 5th amendment).

Only time will tell the outcome -- I could be wrong.

MOO

ETA: plenty of case law providing that a witness (MT) is not exonerated from questions merely because she declares it will incriminate --her say-so does not of itself establish the hazard of incrimination.

It is for the court to say whether his silence is justified, Rogers v. United States, 340 U.S. 367 (1951), and to require him to answer if "it clearly appears to the court that he is mistaken." Temple v. Commonwealth, 75 Va. 892, 899 (1881).

In Hoffman vs USA, Hoffman was convicted of criminal contempt when he failed to answer the following questions:

• "Q. What do you do now, Mr. Hoffman?

"A. I refuse to answer.

• "Q. Have you been in the same undertaking since the first of the year?

• "A. I don't understand the question.

• "Q. Have you been doing the same thing you are doing now since the first of the year?

• "A. I refuse to answer.

• "Q. Do you know Mr. William Weisberg?

• "A. I do.

• "Q. How long have you known him?

• "A. Practically twenty years, I guess.

• "Q. When did you last see him?

• "Q. Have you seen him this week?

• "Q. Do you know that a subpoena has been issued for Mr. Weisberg?

• "A. I heard about it in Court.

• "Q. Have you talked with him on the telephone this week?

• "Q. Do you know where Mr. William Weisberg is now?

• "A. I refuse to answer." [341 U.S. 479, 482]

Last edited:

MOO

I believe you are right about all of this, and also believe that there are two reasons why he couldn’t stand by her instead of running off and enjoying himself, as her father declined and then died: 1). He is a selfish, self centered narcissist, and 2). He never loved JD; he only married her for the money. Just look at the photo of her with her arms around him, while he jammed his hands in his pockets and leaned away. There is another photo out there somewhere of FD and MT from social media, and they are leaning together, staring lovingly at each other (or their own reflection maybe, in the others eyes)

JF father sick then dying was the best thing that ever happened to FD. He didn’t even have to bother faking “work” anymore and had the audacity to flaunt his girlfriend and laughably ask to have MT and her kid move in with FD and JF and their 5 children.

With Daddy gone... it was all going to be FD money soon ....

Guys like him are a dime a dozen in Connecticut, I see them every day. Good thing is most of them don’t actually kill their wives. But... this type. This grifting con man-non-working-non earning-living off wealthy father in law - this P*S - they are all over this area ...

Great observation .

I’m going to summarize what we think we know thus , here goes :

Fotis and Michelle both had a motive .

They planned and plotted this together (both the murder and how to siphon funds from the HF Loan).

FD carried out the murder in JD’s garage with a knife .

FD moved JD’s body from her garage to her car into the Red Tacoma .

FD drove somewhere in the Tacoma most likely one of his properties, dismembered JD’s body with or without the help of MT. Most likely with ..

FD puts the remains of JD back in the Tacoma proceeds to dispose of her body in various dumpsters around town , bury’s her or weighs her down in a body of water.

Mission accomplished .

FD and MT drive to Hartford while FD dispose’s of bloody rags, sponges, carpet and license plates . MT on cell phone for (30 minutes) blowing cigarette smoke out the window

Head home .

BOTH WRITE alibi scripts .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads