Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a Dateline episode about the murder of Craig Rideout in New York State. His wife and one of his sons were convicted of his murder, and another son was convicted of tampering with evidence-that son and the other one were discovered by police, getting rid of evidence of the murder. The son who was found guilty of tampering with evidence was sentenced to 8 years in prison. I know we have speculated about how long MT could go to prison for, and I think 8-10 years in prison is a good possibility for her. The only thing is, if somebody doesn’t get charged with and convicted of murder, she may not. I still think she believes that no jail time is a good possibility, or that she wants to make sure that the best the state can do is lock her up for tampering with evidence that is not associated with another charge.
Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what AB is advising...

I have to apologize if I went a little overboard today. It’s just that I’m so saddened that instead of her children waking up today, excited to celebrate their amazing Mom, instead of being happy it’s the weekend and playing outside, picking pumpkins and just enjoying being children, they are grieving and missing their mom and having to deal with the harshness and weight of this tragedy.

I’ve followed so many other cases but this one really affects me. It’s just her smile, the way she wrote about her children, the way she protected them and really lived for them.

The million dollar question. Why? Why can’t people think of consequences? It really baffles me. Senseless.

Okay, finished. Thank you.

I have so enjoyed your letters! Thank you for writing them! Your heartfelt words were felt in my heart, too, as I read them. Thank you again.

It would not surprise me if it was legit! The $$$ pipeline is dry for FD. He could probably even stay in Fore Group's attached office while sporadically collecting rent.

Hmmm...as renters, could we do a little digging on the site? We might lose our deposit but that would be ok. :) Kidding on that but I can’t keep the houses straight so is this the house she’s foreclosing on? If so, can he do that?

Hmmm...as renters, could we do a little digging on the site? We might lose our deposit but that would be ok. :) Kidding on that but I can’t keep the houses straight so is this the house she’s foreclosing on? If so, can he do that?

Yes, this is the Farmington house -- the marital home that FD stopped paying mortgage on more than a year ago.

Guys like him are a dime a dozen in Connecticut, I see them every day. Good thing is most of them don’t actually kill their wives. But... this type. This grifting con man-non-working-non earning-living off wealthy father in law - this P*S - they are all over this area ...
^^SBM
This man convicted of murdering his father for threatening to cut off his allowance reminded me of the men you described:

The 34-year-old was given five years for every time he shot his father [30 years], Thomas Gilbert Sr., in 2015 in their Upper East Side Home after arguing with him because he threatened to cut his allowance. Gilbert Jr. had tried to plead not guilty by way of insanity but it was rejected by the court because he had sent his mother, Shelley, out to fetch him a Coca Cola and a sandwich before he opened fire on his father. The extra effort he went to to get her out of the way proved pre-meditation. On Friday, Shelley addressed the court.She asked the judge for leniency and requested that he be jailed somewhere nearby so that she could visit him.

Thomas Gilbert Jr. sentenced for murdering his father in row over their allowance | Daily Mail Online

It seems to me that FD went from graduate school student to husband. I don't know that he was ever employed. (??) (Wife # 1 was an attorney -- was he employed during that short marriage).

I agree that JD's father essentially "bought" FD a job, probably to give him something to do besides coach his children-- to the degree of child abuse.

And the home builder arrangement (funded by HF) without the pressure of bank loans seemed to work for a while-- with FD repaying the advanced funds upon the sale of each home.

Making progress with his building craft -- FD likely felt he finally had some disposable income he "earned," -- using his "gain" to take up with MT.

I also believe FD began his affair during a low period in JD's life when she was preoccupied with her father's declining health, and ultimate death. Rather than support his wife and her family -- especially HF who had been so generous with him, he took his wealthy, playboy self to Miami to nurture his affair with MT.

(I believe FD began his affair with MT the year prior. HF passed in January, and JD found out about the affair with MT in March).

MOO
Wow, just horrible. Ya know, it makes me think about how average people like us, only assuming here, always admire and envy those who seem to “have it all”. I myself always wonder why these rich people are so unhappy. They have no money worries, have fabulous homes with pools, belong to the country club, go on exotic vacations, private schools for their children, just an easy, fun, indulgent, worry free life. It just goes to show, if you find true love, you’ve got everything that money can’t buy.

It actually seems NP worthy to me. Another way to keep people talking about the case while the gag order is in effect. jmo

Yup -- I can hear it now -- "these erroneous, false, egregious charges against my client have drained him of his funds, and his livelihood"......"he has a right to support himself anyway he can."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member