Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's true but one reporter said on Twitter that he was told the defense would be the ones requesting the continuance.... Why though? I don't see how dragging it out benefits them at all. Esp with Pattis saying that they were ready to go to trial as far back as August or September. Unless it all goes back to the gag order like Tink said

MOO
Possibly, I think they need to wait for the murder charge.

Judge: Jennifer Dulos’ mother does not need to know how Norm Pattis is paid

A Hartford Superior Court judge stands by his decision to not require criminal defense attorney Norm Pattis to turn over information on how he is being paid in the $2.5 million civil lawsuits against his client Fotis Dulos.

Attorney Richard Weinstein, representing Gloria Farber in the lawsuits, had asked the judge to reconsider his decision to deny his client access to information on how her son-in-law was paying for his defense team.
Weinstein has contended Fotis Dulos transferred "substantial" sums of money to Greece from his real estate development company, and is now using it to pay Pattis and his defense team.

Superior Court Judge Cesar Noble, however, has denied Weinstein’s second attempt for information on how Pattis is being paid. Noble said the financial information was not likely to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence because it had little or no bearing on the lawsuits.

Noble’s ruling this week appears to end a back-and-forth between the attorneys and the judge that has lasted for more than a month related to legal fees Fotis Dulos is paying for his criminal, civil and foreclosure proceedings.

"The plaintiff (Farber) sought the information from attorney Pattis to try to determine if the funds being used to pay the multiple lawyers representing (Fotis) Dulos, with yet now an additional lawyer in the foreclosure action, are funds of either or both of the defendants being funneled through a surrogate, or otherwise legitimate loans being advanced by third parties on behalf of defendant Dulos," Weinstein wrote in a court filing in October.

Noble initially seemed to agree with Weinstein when he overruled a motion by attorney William Murray, representing Fotis Dulos in the lawsuits, arguing the information Farber was seeking from Pattis did not fall under attorney-client privilege and could be released.

But Noble later denied Weinstein’s motion asking the judge to compel Pattis to attend a deposition and provide information on how he is being paid. Weinstein submitted a second request on Oct. 16, asking Noble to reconsider his decision to quash a subpoena requiring Pattis to be deposed.

Not sure if it's true but one reporter said on Twitter that he was told the defense would be the ones requesting the continuance.... Why though? I don't see how dragging it out benefits them at all. Esp with Pattis saying that they were ready to go to trial as far back as August or September. Unless it all goes back to the gag order like Tink said

MOO
Imo Atty. P. Was blowing smoke about quick trial and pushing buttons of State who smartly didn’t take that bait IMO. They have limited discovery and zero alternative theory and their client spewed the alibi script for months so the public narrative is blown too IMO and their client is an avowed liar as documented by judge heller in family court and due to the alibi scripts. State holds all the cards now and defense has zero IMO. Atty. P. palming off case to another atty also gives the case strange optics. But perhaps as the smartest guy in the room, FD wants to effectively represent himself? I do very much wonder if FD is simply the client that no atty can represent? My guess is yes but the sad thing is that given the charges he needs solid representation and does need to be saved from himself IMO. But I don’t see anyone able to do this unfortunately.

In certain respects it might help the defense if the body were located perhaps as it might give them something to work with but it doesn’t seem that either FD or MT will give up the location or any possible accomplice.

Looks like FD and MT prefer to roll the dice on possible murder charges in a no body case with the high likihood of dna evidence from MIRA. Perhaps the results of the Frasee jury might change course for MT and FD. We shall see.

A Hartford Superior Court judge stands by his decision to not require criminal defense attorney Norm Pattis to turn over information on how he is being paid in the $2.5 million civil lawsuits against his client Fotis Dulos.

Attorney Richard Weinstein, representing Gloria Farber in the lawsuits, had asked the judge to reconsider his decision to deny his client access to information on how her son-in-law was paying for his defense team.
Weinstein has contended Fotis Dulos transferred "substantial" sums of money to Greece from his real estate development company, and is now using it to pay Pattis and his defense team.

Superior Court Judge Cesar Noble, however, has denied Weinstein’s second attempt for information on how Pattis is being paid. Noble said the financial information was not likely to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence because it had little or no bearing on the lawsuits.

Noble’s ruling this week appears to end a back-and-forth between the attorneys and the judge that has lasted for more than a month related to legal fees Fotis Dulos is paying for his criminal, civil and foreclosure proceedings.

"The plaintiff (Farber) sought the information from attorney Pattis to try to determine if the funds being used to pay the multiple lawyers representing (Fotis) Dulos, with yet now an additional lawyer in the foreclosure action, are funds of either or both of the defendants being funneled through a surrogate, or otherwise legitimate loans being advanced by third parties on behalf of defendant Dulos," Weinstein wrote in a court filing in October.

Noble initially seemed to agree with Weinstein when he overruled a motion by attorney William Murray, representing Fotis Dulos in the lawsuits, arguing the information Farber was seeking from Pattis did not fall under attorney-client privilege and could be released.

But Noble later denied Weinstein’s motion asking the judge to compel Pattis to attend a deposition and provide information on how he is being paid. Weinstein submitted a second request on Oct. 16, asking Noble to reconsider his decision to quash a subpoena requiring Pattis to be deposed.

"Noble initially seemed to agree with Weinstein when he overruled a motion by attorney William Murray, representing Fotis Dulos in the lawsuits, arguing the information Farber was seeking from Pattis did not fall under attorney-client privilege and could be released." Actually, as the SA article reported (see link), Farber (per Weinstein) first sought that info from Fotis, not from "Pattis", and Judge Noble denied Murray's objection to it on grounds of att'y-client privilege and ruled it had to be produced. It should have been produced by now, I'd think, in response to the court's order.

Judge Noble doesn’t think it’s relevant, when the defendant is using the Farber money to pay his lawyers...guess he doesn’t care, as long as the lawyers get paid. This is indicative of what will be coming down in the civil case later. I think Judge Noble is team Fotis-or at least Team LawyersGetPaid

Last edited:
Another DV case in the news today with echoes of the Dulos situation (some differences too of course).
It must be so hard on GF when these hit the news. Fear for the kids as well.

Same triggers- the woman deciding to leave, filing for protection. An outwardly perfect family, Same horrific outcomes, seems it isn’t even enough to just kill, it must be done with revenge and desecration.

NYC man facing divorce decapitates wife, slits 5-year-old daughter’s throat, hangs self: cops

Man Kills Wife and Child, Then Hangs Self in Manhattan, Police Say

It is so disheartening that virtually every member of the judiciary tasked with adjudicating these cases is apathetic and indifferent.

It is as if the courts somehow view FD as a victim. :confused:

I think they have a mountain of DNA evidence from the crime scene and JD's Suburban that is going to bury FD. No way he left his DNA in her blood on her faucet and didn't leave it in a bunch of other places. I think they are also waiting to see just where all MT's DNA appears so that she can be charged appropriately.

MOO(N) River....

It is so disheartening that virtually every member of the judiciary tasked with adjudicating these cases is apathetic and indifferent.

I think they have a mountain of DNA evidence from the crime scene and JD's Suburban that is going to bury FD. No way he left his DNA in her blood on her faucet and didn't leave it in a bunch of other places. I think they are also waiting to see just where all MT's DNA appears so that she can be charged appropriately.

MOO(N) River....

I Hope So!

MOO(N) River....
I agree that the forensic story here will be extensive and offer a compelling narrative of FD and MT activities.

Will take time to get justice with a forensics based case IMO, so patience will be needed!

TICK TOCK for FD and MT.........

moo

Tomorrow, here in Northern California, where I live; is the one year anniversary of the Camp Fire in Paradise. In Public Health (the department I work in) 12 people lost their homes and everything precious to them. At 11:08a tomorrow we are doing a moment of silence for the lives that were lost during the fire. I will also be mourning, Jennifer Farber and Kelsey Berreth. The fire, and the death and destruction that came with it is unfathomable; as is the needless death of Jennifer and Kelsey. I have my tissues ready - tomorrow is going to be a hard day, Not MOO...truth.

Last edited:
This concerns me....holiday shut down. If they shut down just what schedule the the company monitoring the bracelet, who at the court house will take care of any bracelet violations? Good time for FD to split to Greece! Lack of people paying attention to felons, possible felons etc.

Sorry if the print is small when you read, it’s small at my end...but having issues since new Apple update....

We are not talking about a Complete Government Shut Down, here.

The Court House employees, will still be working their normal business hours. With a few days off for Thanksgiving and Xmas.

The only shut down, is the cases being heard by a judge/jury.

Some Judges may take a vacation during this time, and/or may work on other judicial matters.

Judges are also on a rotating 'On Call' schedule for emergencies, such as arrest warrants and/or search warrants during Non Business Hours and Holidays.

Citizens still need access to the other services provided within the Court House, such as Permits, Licenses, Passports, Taxes, Real Estate Deeds and related services, Trusts & Estates, etc.

As for the Bracelet Monitoring.

This does Not stop, just because Judges are not In the Courtroom.

The State of CT outsources the Monitoring to a Non Government Company, that is required to monitor 24/7/365.

However, this does not indicate that a Live person is actually sitting AT the computer, every second of the day, watching every single move FD makes.

It is being recorded though and I don't have the knowledge on this, but I would think that if the device moves out of the state and/or looses power, that someone is alerted by the system, who in turn, alerts LE.

I am in No Way approving of this method for the very reason that we all saw FD take his Waze trip into NY and although the Monitoring company Knew of the infraction, the State's Attorney Colangelo did Not.

Does this also indicate that LE did Not know?

I would think that systems were implemented and/or were addressed so that this issue does Not happen again.

IMO.

MOO
I think he’s dragging it out hoping he can outlive GF.

"Noble initially seemed to agree with Weinstein when he overruled a motion by attorney William Murray, representing Fotis Dulos in the lawsuits, arguing the information Farber was seeking from Pattis did not fall under attorney-client privilege and could be released." Actually, as the SA article reported (see link), Farber (per Weinstein) first sought that info from Fotis, not from "Pattis", and Judge Noble denied Murray's objection to it on grounds of att'y-client privilege and ruled it had to be produced. It should have been produced by now, I'd think, in response to the court's order.

Exactly.

That is how I understood the motions.

With everyone's comments here, I was concerned that I may have been incorrect in my understanding.

I understood that Weinstein's request in regards to NP was denied, because the Judge had Already ruled that FD was to provide that information, since it was ruled Not privileged.

Judge Nobel, basically was saying that it was redundant to ask for NP to submit, when FD was Already Ordered to do so, in a previous motion.

Most people have thought that since NP did not have to submit, that then the Information would not be within the scope of the case.

My concern and is most likely Weinstein's concern as well, is that FD is NOT going to provide Accurate Financial Information on who is 'Paying' NP and crew.

Therefore the 'Reason' for Weinstein's Motion to Dispose NP, who is an officer of the court and Should tell the truth.

FD will NOT tell the truth.

FD has spent the last 2 years Refusing to provide Accurate Financial Information in both the Family and the Civil Cases.

FD has yet to abide by Any Court's mandate to provide Accurate Financial Information.

What does Judge Nobel know that we don't?

Does Judge Nobel Really Expect FD to comply with a Court Order at this point, especially Financial?

Until a Judge in FD's life, puts their FOOT DOWN on FD, there is no compelling FD to do anything, much less provide Accurate Financial Information.

A toddler will test and test the limits with a parent and will Never comply if consequences are not consistently imposed.

Now the CT courts have a 3 year old toddler, on their hands.

Just wait for that hurricane of a tantrum, when someone finally imposes a consequence on this toddler.

Unfortunately, JF was a victim of a deadly tantrum by FD.

I can only Hope that the new year brings the rushing waters down on this toddler.

IMO.

Notice Issued: 11/07/2019
Docket Number: HHD-CV-18-6088971-S
Case Caption: FARBER, GLORIA, EXECUTOR OF THE ESTATE OF HILLIARD v. DULOS, FOTIS Et Al
Notice Sequence #: 1
11/21/2019 AT 3:00PM
AT
A TRIAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE IS SCHEDULED FOR
THE ABOVE DATE & TIME. COUNSEL & PRO SE
PARTIES SHALL COMPLY WITH THE STANDING TRIAL
MANAGEMENT ORDERS, INCLUDING FILING A
TRIAL MANAGEMENT REPORT. COPIES OF THE TRIAL
MANAGEMENT ORDERS ARE AVAILABLE AT CASEFLOW
AND ONLINE. PARTIES ARE TO REPORT TO ROOM 111.
MOTIONS FOR CONTINUANCE SHALL BE MADE ON FORM
JD-CV-21 NOT LESS THAN 3 COURT DAYS IN ADVANCE
AND WILL NOT BE GRANTED ABSENT GOOD CAUSE AND
ALL PARTIES' CONSENT TO A PROXIMAL CONTINUANCE
DATE.
PER THE HONORABLE DAVID M. SHERIDAN, PJ
CASEFLOW OFFICE (860) 548-2703 .
FAX: (860)548-2712

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics