Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a puzzle....The Realtor.com listing for 61 Sturbridge Road, New Canaan contains the following information:
  • Current Listing Price: $3,975,000
  • Creditors: Danbury Bank $2,750,000; Giannis Toutziaridis $500,000; Harry Masiello, $600,000; Trust of GF which I believe is $500,000; Plus 3 others vendors and the city of NC for taxes amounts unknown; Additionally there would be interest payments and taxes due. The defendants listed in red are individuals or businesses who sit in the 4th-7th positions to receive payments.
  • The price Fd paid for this property was $1,500,000 in 7-18-2017. So, if FD worked on the property throughout 2017-2019...What did he do with the loans from his friends? They was made prior to the bank loan in 2017. The price has fluctuated greatly. It was on the market in August 2017 for $4,50,000. Was this a build to suit price? In terms of "flipping a house" this was a disaster. It certainly did not have anything to do with the disappearance of JFd.
  • Here's the pricing since Fd purchased it:
  • 10/09/2019 Price Changed $3,975,000 $422 SMARTMLS
    08/28/2019 Listed $3,999,999 $424 SMARTMLS
    07/01/2019 Price Changed $3,999,999 $430 SMARTMLS
    07/01/2019 Price Changed $3,999,999 $548 Newcanaan
    06/17/2019 Price Changed $4,495,000 $483 SMARTMLS
    06/17/2019 Price Changed $4,495,000 $616 Newcanaan
    04/02/2019 Price Changed $4,675,000 $640 SMARTMLS
    04/02/2019 Price Changed $4,675,000 $640 Newcanaan
    09/17/2018 Listed $4,800,000 $658 Newcanaan
    09/17/2018 Listed $4,800,000 $658 SMARTMLS
    02/19/2018 Listed $4,800,000 $656 SMARTMLS
    02/16/2018 Listed $4,800,000 $658 Newcanaan
    10/17/2017 Listed $4,500,000 $615 SMARTMLS
    08/23/2017 Listed $4,500,000 $615 Newcanaan
    07/18/2017 Sold $1,500,000 $202
So, does this make sense to anyone? Where did all the money go? MOO-MOO

61 Sturbridge Hill Rd, New Canaan, CT 06840 - realtor.com®
FD definitely demo'd the whole house the structure is completely different than the 3k squ ft house he bought. There is even a permit for $30k for full demolition which he probably overstated.

Yes, I agree with you about why Fd had to stay in jail for awhile. My guess is that he had done such a 'successful' job hiding all the money that it wasn't easily accessible and the only thing he had left was an illiquid 401K that had all kinds of rules and regulations in order to access it.

Fd also had a big dilemma as if he ponyed up the cash to get out of jail then it would show his 2 year Oscar winning 'I'm poor and destitute' act in Family Court for the sham it was. Not surprisingly the Fd money eventually showed up to pay the growing crew of money hungry Pattisville legal staff to take control of Fd's mounting legal problems. What sad (there are so many things its hard to pick!) is that yet again there were no consequences for Fd not telling the truth about his finances in Family Court and Judge Heller made zero connection to what was happening in the big picture of Civil and Criminal litigation to raise the issue of: "Hey, this guy was in my court pleading poverty and asking his wife to pay his bills and he wasn't paying child support but YET he is paying upwards of 5 attys to represent him". Nope. Judge Heller did no such thing and simply seemed to melt away from the process so far as we can tell from the public record. Sad IMO.

MOO

It is the responsibility of the Attorneys to bring attention of these matters to the Judge.

JFd's and Dr. GF's attorneys Must do their Due Diligence and bring these issues before Judge Heller.

The Judge can only work with what has been submitted to the Court.

Why are the Attorneys for JFd and Dr. GF, Not bringing this information to the attention of Judge Heller?

A very short, one page Brief by either of these 2 attorneys, is all it takes to get Judge Heller to act on this information.

Judge Heller is limited by the information or lack of, that has been submitted to the Court.

We can wonder why Judge Heller has not acted, when in actuality, we should be asking Why the attorneys have Not submitted the information to the Court.

IMO.

Jennifer Dulos’ divorce lawyer is arguing her estranged husband had a ‘factual lobotomy” when filing a recent motion to dismiss their contentious divorce case, conveniently never mentioning that the reason the case has been dormant is because he is the prime suspect in her disappearance.
But attorney Rueben Midler in a 13-page motion filed earlier this week argued that Judge Donna Heller doesn’t even need to have a full hearing to dismiss what he called a “hodgepodge of different legal theories, and irrelevant facts.”
The Plaintiff is missing and there presently is no civil presumption under the law that she is dead, as would require the court to dismiss the action for lack of jurisdiction,” Midler said. “The defendant fails to even address the foregoing fact but instead argues that the court should exercise its judicial discretion to dismiss the action.”
The contentious, 2-year-old divorce case hasn’t been on the docket since September and Judge Donna Heller hasn’t acted on several motions filed by both sides — including motions to have both Dulos and Gloria Farber undergo psychiatric evaluations. The court-appointed guardian ad litem, Michael Meehan, also hasn’t filed a status report with the court since June.
Attorney for missing New Canaan mother says Fotis Dulos had a “factual lobotomy” in filing for dismissal of divorce case

Jennifer Dulos’ attorney: Fotis forgets he’s ‘prime suspect’ in disappearance

The attorney representing Jennifer Dulos in her acrimonious two-year divorce wants a judge to throw out Fotis Dulos’ bid to have the legal action dismissed, pointing out he’s the main suspect in his client’s disappearance.

“Failure to acknowledge that he is the prime suspect in his wife’s disappearance can only be described as being akin to the defendant (Fotis Dulos) having a ‘factual lobotomy’ as to the inconvenient facts as to his apparent involvement in the plaintiff’s (Jennifer Dulos) disappearance,” attorney Rueben Midler, representing Jennifer Dulos, wrote in his response filed this week.
Midler also pointed out that divorce proceedings have continued, despite the disappearance of his client, and were actively being adjudicated to determine custody of their five children in the days before she went missing.

According to Midler, there were 497 docket entries as of May 24 — the day his client was last seen after dropping off her five children at a New Canaan school. Midler said 50 additional entries were made between that point and when Fotis Dulos’ attorney, Richard Rochlin, filed his motion to dismiss on Dec. 26.

Midler also wants Fotis Dulos to pay all his attorney fees and legal costs associated with defending the motion to dismiss the divorce and any other legal proceedings he files
Midler said key issues still need to be addressed, including the distribution of marital assets and the custody of the children.
Rochlin is seeking to have the divorce dismissed because the disappearance has stalled proceedings. If the divorce is dismissed, it would pave the way for one judge to rule on custody issues instead of the three who have been overseeing the probate, criminal and divorce cases.

The custody battle will be the subject of a hearing in Stamford juvenile court on Jan. 9 — the same day Fotis Dulos is scheduled to appear at the courthouse for his next pretrial hearing on the criminal charges related to his estranged wife’s disappearance.

Rochlin said his client plans to seek access to the children when his appeal is heard.

While the news is reporting the custody case being heard on the 9th - the same day as the criminal case - on the court website, it appears that the custody hearing is scheduled for January 21 (unless I'm looking at this wrong).

WS Dulos custody hearing 1-21.png

Last edited:
While the news is reporting the custody case being heard on the 9th - the same day as the criminal case - on the court website, it appears that the custody hearing is now scheduled for January 21 (unless I'm looking at this wrong).

View attachment 223284

Oh, how I hope this is someone playing "the delay game" against Fd!

JMHO YMMV LRR

While the news is reporting the custody case being heard on the 9th - the same day as the criminal case - on the court website, it appears that the custody hearing is now scheduled for January 21 (unless I'm looking at this wrong).

View attachment 223284
I think the situation might be that the Court system wasn't updated for the change to 1/9. I'm not 100% certain so I guess we will have to wait to see but my recollection is that one of the Court appearance dates was petitioned to be changed so that they were both on the same date. Stay tuned!

Absolutely agree that we are seeing game playing here.

What I don't get is why Mr T and Harry Masiello want to get involved with messing around with a State or Federally funded financial institution given the potential legal risks? Maybe Fd explained that the risks weren't all that great because there was no scenario where the bank wouldn't get out whole. I'm giving Fd/FORE the benefit of the doubt here that he didn't truly set out to defraud Danbury Savings Bank. This is NOT to say that he presented true and accurate personal financial documents as at this point and after the situation of the Civil Trial I'm not sure if anyone could determine the FORE Federal Tax situation or FORE financial statements or FD Personal Financial statements absent a full forensic examination by a team of experts.

Its hard to have much confidence in the Fd/FORE accounting process IMO based on all that we have learned about Fd and his 'Quickbooks' system. We have seen references to Fd personal financial accounting first in Family Court, then in Civil Court and which was explained a bit by LA in her deposition in the Civil Case. There seems to have been a rats maze of personal credit cards by multiple parties all seeking reimbursement from FORE.

The potential for games with this 'slipshod by design accounting process' IMO is immense and Atty Weinstein demonstrated this clearly IMO in the recent Civil Trial. But, in addition to the games that seem to have been played by making FORE a 'personal piggy bank', the other concerning issue present IMO is what appears to be a clear desire on the part of Fd to make sure that GF and his children never see a penny of his money that all the FORE/Fd assets. Fd hasn't hidden his plan about making sure JFd or his children ever got a dime of his money. Its because of the Fd history of not telling the truth in court and what appears also to possibly him not being honest in his business dealings with banks and others that IMO the FORE/Fd assets need to be seized and handled by a State Appointed liquidator as this is the only way IMO that people who are owed money by Fd/FORE legitimately are protected and that Fd be barred from operating any business in the State of Connecticut.

The FORE business model is not IMO complex but because of how Fd chose to conduct his personal business through FORE and also apparently play all kinds of tax driven games, that a simple business model became a rats nest of complexity. I am sorry that banks that are small and local like Danbury Savings Bank and People's Bank of Bridgeport and possibly others got dragged into the mess of FORE and Fd and I hope that they don't lose money.

MOO
Also suggesting some sort of money laundering with these loans is the Mr T loan for 123 Hunter Drive that FD revealed in the civil proceedings. FD presented this as running through HFs bank account and this came out of the blue and caught Weinstein by surprise in the civil trial. Let’s look a little more carefully at the timing and circumstances of the transaction.
FD purchased 123 Hunter Drive in April 2016. We now know that he was at that time having the affair with MT already well underway. In April 2016 he got a $500K loan from Mr T wired through HFs bank account. FD purchased the house for $260K, the rest was for renovations which he did indeed do, electrical upgrades and cosmetic (not sure they totaled $240K though. Probably spent the remainder at Home Goods on stuff for Michi). Then right before JD left the sketchy mortgage fraud occurred where MT “loaned” $75K to GV, Sue Morin made the loan, on the witness list in JDs divorce filings, etc. (That $75K also likely came out of Mr Ts $500K).
My question regarding money laundering and fraud issues is, if FD was having an affair with MT and there were plans to involve MT and GV in this kind of fraudulent kind of shenanigans, why would FD wire the $500K though HFs bank? His claim is he had to because of the international wire complications, but I don’t buy that. FD wouldn’t involve his FIL when he was having an affair with MT, unless it held some benefit to him. Perhaps for the exact reason we’re seeing now. To cover up the laundering of money, the shady loan, the transfer of money to MT (and GV involvement). FD must have been lying to HF big time to get him to agree to the wire through his account. No way HF would have been like, “yeah, wire the $ so you can sell the house to your employee GV with $75K from your paramour.” In fact the close date of JDs departure and the sale of 123 Hunter Drive suggests she was onto that fraud. Of course HF was dead 6 months by then. But I’m sure JD knew about Mr Ts wire into her fathers account.

Jennifer Dulos’ divorce lawyer is arguing her estranged husband had a ‘factual lobotomy” when filing a recent motion to dismiss their contentious divorce case, conveniently never mentioning that the reason the case has been dormant is because he is the prime suspect in her disappearance.
But attorney Rueben Midler in a 13-page motion filed earlier this week argued that Judge Donna Heller doesn’t even need to have a full hearing to dismiss what he called a “hodgepodge of different legal theories, and irrelevant facts.”
The Plaintiff is missing and there presently is no civil presumption under the law that she is dead, as would require the court to dismiss the action for lack of jurisdiction,” Midler said. “The defendant fails to even address the foregoing fact but instead argues that the court should exercise its judicial discretion to dismiss the action.”
The contentious, 2-year-old divorce case hasn’t been on the docket since September and Judge Donna Heller hasn’t acted on several motions filed by both sides — including motions to have both Dulos and Gloria Farber undergo psychiatric evaluations. The court-appointed guardian ad litem, Michael Meehan, also hasn’t filed a status report with the court since June.
Attorney for missing New Canaan mother says Fotis Dulos had a “factual lobotomy” in filing for dismissal of divorce case
‘Factual Lobotomy' is brilliant phrase to apply to Fd and Pattisville IMO!

Why let the truth stand in the way getting done what you want to do, which I think should be another Pattisville and Fd motto!

But, I do very much hope that Atty Midler, who has a solid reputation IMO as a very aggressive advocate for his clients, will do his client (and by extension her 5 children) a favor and IN ADDITION to seeking payment for his services also petition Judge Heller to legally freeze the assets of Fd and FORE Group in order to protect the marital assets to which his client (and her children no doubt by inheritance) are entitled. There has been zero explanation from Fd as to how he is paying a crew of attorneys to defend him in his ongoing 3 court legal circus and the depletion of marital assets IMO has to be a very real risk and
possibility. As others here have pointed out, Judge Heller won't do anything until an attorney involved in the matter makes a motion to the Court. It would be an awful situation with no way back if Fd has taken everything of JFd's and either sold it or spent it. Atty Midler has the opportunity to possibly make sure this doesn't happen IMO.

MOO

Also suggesting some sort of money laundering with these loans is the Mr T loan for 123 Hunter Drive that FD revealed in the civil proceedings. FD presented this as running through HFs bank account and this came out of the blue and caught Weinstein by surprise in the civil trial. Let’s look a little more carefully at the timing and circumstances of the transaction.
FD purchased 123 Hunter Drive in April 2016. We now know that he was at that time having the affair with MT already well underway. In April 2016 he got a $500K loan from Mr T wired through HFs bank account. FD purchased the house for $260K, the rest was for renovations which he did indeed do, electrical upgrades and cosmetic (not sure they totaled $240K though. Probably spent the remainder at Home Goods on stuff for Michi). Then right before JD left the sketchy mortgage fraud occurred where MT “loaned” $75K to GV, Sue Morin made the loan, on the witness list in JDs divorce filings, etc. (That $75K also likely came out of Mr Ts $500K).
My question regarding money laundering and fraud issues is, if FD was having an affair with MT and there were plans to involve MT and GV in this kind of fraudulent kind of shenanigans, why would FD wire the $500K though HFs bank? His claim is he had to because of the international wire complications, but I don’t buy that. FD wouldn’t involve his FIL when he was having an affair with MT, unless it held some benefit to him. Perhaps for the exact reason we’re seeing now. To cover up the laundering of money, the shady loan, the transfer of money to MT (and GV involvement). FD must have been lying to HF big time to get him to agree to the wire through his account. No way HF would have been like, “yeah, wire the $ so you can sell the house to your employee GV with $75K from your paramour.” In fact the close date of JDs departure and the sale of 123 Hunter Drive suggests she was onto that fraud. Of course HF was dead 6 months by then. But I’m sure JD knew about Mr Ts wire into her fathers account.
With you completely on this analysis.

HF came from the world of finance and was no doubt cognisant of all the rules and regulations relating to the transfer of funds.

I've asked the question before and as you did simply ask the question again, "Why would HF who IMO knew better agree to accept a large wire transfer from a person unrelated to him on behalf of a relative involved in a commercial transaction?". IMO it makes zero sense from the perspective of HF.

I believe the explanation as to why this happened was that Farmington Bank/People's Bank of Bridgeport could not accept a wire from I believe Greece from Mr T. So, even though things might change from the time of the original transaction in 2016, today I called People's Bank Money Transfer Group and asked if incoming wires from banks in Greece can be accepted by People's Bank. I was told that yes it was possible. I then asked about France, Monaco, Dubai and Abu Dhabi as these are also locations where Mr. T does business and I was told that yes, incoming wires from these countries can be accepted.

Clearly in order to know for sure we would have to know the name of the institution that Mr T sent the money to HF. But, my recollection is that HF used BNY which in my experience is on top of money transfer issues as they have an enormous clearing business. So, while the BNY operations were probably much more developed than that of People's Bank or Farmington Bank at the time, the reality is that even smaller banks had access to full money transfer operations via a network of correspondent banks such as BNY/Chase/Citi/BofA etc. Fd most likely was trying to evade tracking of the transaction or possibly trying to avoid fees from his local bank if they would have charged him for a large money transfer received via one of its correspondent banks. 2016 wasn't that long ago so there appears to be no reason in the world why Fd couldn't have personally accepted the wire via his local bank. IMO the entire situation appears suspect and I'm shocked HF was ok doing what he did and I even question where HF knew about the transaction? I do wish Atty Weinstein had gotten to the bottom of this situation as we never got a clear answer IMO on this in the Civil litigation.

MOO

I hear all the comments here about Judge Heller not being able to take any action unless she receives a motion of some sort (won't debate whether I agree or not but I will go with the comments made here on this topic for now).

But, Judge Heller in Family Court is sitting with an ongoing case where one of the parties is missing. The case hasn't been dismissed. Motions are still being filed as I think Atty Midler said many motions were filed after JFd went missing.

Riddle me this please.

JFd goes missing 5/24/19 and today is 1/2/20 AND THERE HAS BEEN NO GAL REPORT SINCE JUNE, 2019.

My understanding is that the GAL is tasked with looking out for the welfare of the 5 Dulos children.

Since 5/24/19 the 5 Dulos children have:
1. Experienced great uncertainty as to the location of their mother
2. Were unable last school year to attend in person and were home schooled via video I believe
3. Left their last known home to be relocated in NY with their grandmother
4. Continue to deal with no information about their mother 6+ months later
5. Enrolled in new schools (assumption as we don't know answer to this) in NY and all that this entails with friends and sports and activities etc.
6. Most likely have had limited contact with friends left behind in CT
7. No contact with Fd (I debated including this issue because IMO its appropriate for there to be no contact but the children would have had issues most likely processing the entire issue of their father being involved with the disappearance and presumed murder of their mother).

In short, the above list is not complete but my point is that these 5 children have been through the meat grinder of emotions with the loss of their mother and relocation AND WE HAVE NO REPORT FROM THE GAL!

I'm asking this question having very little personal regard for the GAL in this case and absolutely understanding the merit behind both sets of atty's in the Dulos v Dulos case calling for the dismissal of GAL Meehan. But, Judge Heller chose not to hear the motions regarding the dismissal of GAL Meehan and so unless he was dismissed by Judge Heller unilaterally (which I don't think happened as there is no order listed that I can see) then GAL Meehan IMO still has an obligation to safeguard the interests of the 5 Dulos children in this case.

I'm sorry, but if Judge Heller has an active case (even with odd circumstances due to the disappearance) and she knows that the 5 children have been going through tough times then I would think that she has the obligation to either check on the situation herself with the current custodian GF OR task that GAL to do what they are charged with doing on behalf of the children.

The fact that the GAL has been MIA is something that I don't understand. I know GF is involved but Judge Heller and the GAL are also involved and IMO they had an obligation to look out for the interests of the children and they also IMO totally fell down on the job as it appears nothing has been done by the GAL since June. We don't know if any Custodian/Guardian updates are required by GF to presented to Judge Heller but even so, the GAL had a job to do for which he was being paid $300,000 a year and YET we have not one report during a time of major disruption in the lives of the children since JUNE??????

What is going on?

Is Judge Heller paying attention to the Dulos v Dulos case? Does Judge Heller have a Supervisor? Is anyone in the CT Judiciary watching what is going on with this case regarding the 5 minors?

Why did Atty Midler not ask for a GAL report on behalf of his missing client?

Why did Fd who alleges to care so much about his children NOT ask the GAL why no report has been filed since June? Fd took the time to have his atty's complain about access to information about his children but didn't go the full distance as ask for a comprehensive report? Did he not do this because he still owes the GAL quite a lot of money on unpaid invoices? IDK, but for a father that claims to love his children and miss them every day the fact that Fd didn't ask for a GAL report that I believe he was entitled to is somewhat baffling IMO.

MOO

Last edited:

Thanks for this-I have been trying to figure out why HF would have agreed to allow the transfer of $500,000 into his account; the only thing I could think of was that Fd planned it to later make the claim that he had paid that amount back to HF, but that didn’t explain why HF allowed it.

Your post should just be reposted EVERY. SINGLE. DAY., until Anyone in Any legal entity takes ANY action on ANY of these FACTS. moooooooo
I think sending a copy of this to all the "important people" (judges, etc); involved in this case would be a great idea. Also - send it as an editorial to all the local papers...? Just my opinion... :)

Thanks for this-I have been trying to figure out why HF would have agreed to allow the transfer of $500,000 into his account; the only thing I could think of was that Fd planned it to later make the claim that he had paid that amount back to HF, but that didn’t explain why HF allowed it.

It was my impression that HF's final illness was lingering and he wasn't in good health the last year of his life. IMO, Fd took advantage of HF's ill health to "pull a fast" meaneuver.

Considering the accusation about the misuse of EU refugee funds, I wouldn't be surprised if Fd wasn't helping Mr. T clean up some funds. MOO...IMO

I hear all the comments here about Judge Heller not being able to take any action unless she receives a motion of some sort (won't debate whether I agree or not but I will go with the comments made here on this topic for now).

But, Judge Heller in Family Court is sitting with an ongoing case where one of the parties is missing. The case hasn't been dismissed. Motions are still being filed as I think Atty Midler said many motions were filed after JFd went missing.

Riddle me this please.

JFd goes missing 5/24/19 and today is 1/2/20 AND THERE HAS BEEN NO GAL REPORT SINCE JUNE, 2019.

My understanding is that the GAL is tasked with looking out for the welfare of the 5 Dulos children.

Since 5/24/19 the 5 Dulos children have:
1. Experienced great uncertainty as to the location of their mother
2. Were unable last school year to attend in person and were home schooled via video I believe
3. Left their last known home to be relocated in NY with their grandmother
4. Continue to deal with no information about their mother 6+ months later
5. Enrolled in new schools (assumption as we don't know answer to this) in NY and all that this entails with friends and sports and activities etc.
6. Most likely have had limited contact with friends left behind in CT
7. No contact with Fd (I debated including this issue because IMO its appropriate for there to be no contact but the children would have had issues most likely processing the entire issue of their father being involved with the disappearance and presumed murder of their mother).

In short, the above list is not complete but my point is that these 5 children have been through the meat grinder of emotions with the loss of their mother and relocation AND WE HAVE NO REPORT FROM THE GAL!

I'm asking this question having very little personal regard for the GAL in this case and absolutely understanding the merit behind both sets of atty's in the Dulos v Dulos case calling for the dismissal of GAL Meehan. But, Judge Heller chose not to hear the motions regarding the dismissal of GAL Meehan and so unless he was dismissed by Judge Heller unilaterally (which I don't think happened as there is no order listed that I can see) then GAL Meehan IMO still has an obligation to safeguard the interests of the 5 Dulos children in this case.

I'm sorry, but if Judge Heller has an active case (even with odd circumstances due to the disappearance) and she knows that the 5 children have been going through tough times then I would think that she has the obligation to either check on the situation herself with the current custodian GF OR task that GAL to do what they are charged with doing on behalf of the children.

The fact that the GAL has been MIA is something that I don't understand. I know GF is involved but Judge Heller and the GAL are also involved and IMO they had an obligation to look out for the interests of the children and they also IMO totally fell down on the job as it appears nothing has been done by the GAL since June. We don't know if any Custodian/Guardian updates are required by GF to presented to Judge Heller but even so, the GAL had a job to do for which he was being paid $300,000 a year and YET we have not one report during a time of major disruption in the lives of the children since JUNE??????

What is going on?

Is Judge Heller paying attention to the Dulos v Dulos case? Does Judge Heller have a Supervisor? Is anyone in the CT Judiciary watching what is going on with this case regarding the 5 minors?

Why did Atty Midler not ask for a GAL report on behalf of his missing client?

Why did Fd who alleges to care so much about his children NOT ask the GAL why no report has been filed since June? Fd took the time to have his atty's complain about access to information about his children but didn't go the full distance as ask for a comprehensive report? Did he not do this because he still owes the GAL quite a lot of money on unpaid invoices? IDK, but for a father that claims to love his children and miss them every day the fact that Fd didn't ask for a GAL report that I believe he was entitled to is somewhat baffling IMO.

MOO
Especially this sections from your post:

Fd probably never paid the GAL. GF was paying Jennifer's share. Maybe the GAL doesn't work if he isn't being paid or ASKED to check on the children's welfare. All of Fd's requests seem to have channeled through his attorneys.

Does Judge Heller have the power to ask the GAL to do something if no one is employing him? If the care of the children were paramount, that would be the case. However, the CT system doesn't seem to have that built into their family court system, at least as far as I can tell.

I’ve wondered how-- or whether—FD got his bail money out of his 401k. Every 401k plan has to have an administrator in charge, and distributions before the age of 59-l/2 (whether penalty-free or not) aren’t gotten without a complicated rigmarole of procedure, governed by a body of federal law. It’s not like he just fills out a withdrawal slip (like in a bank). See this link:

401k Guide to General Distribution Rules - 401khelpcenter.com

Nothing listed there about bail to get yourself out of jail. So how could FD go through the withdrawal procedure from his jail cell? And was the 401k from the Fore Group or from FD’s former employer? I wonder whether the distribution will show up on his 2019 tax return—and whether Weinstein will have access to it?
He could have taken a loan from the account and that does take a bit of time. Regardless, it seems to have taken some time to get his bail money together and it also makes you wonder where his Greek benefactors were initially.

From my experience almost 8 years ago of getting sole custody/guardianship of my grandchild the GAL has probably been busy answering to the Probate Court.
Studies/interviews are done by DCF and GAL and are provided to the Probate Judge. Typical to take 3-4 months for a ruling on the matter. Any appeals generally move up to the Juvenile Court.
Sad to say the process there will leave a ton of room for fd to play his games. In my case I was subjected to “games” by the other grandparents for another two years. And they had court appointed attorneys while I had to pay and pay and pay.

Does Judge Heller have the power to ask the GAL to do something if no one is employing him? If the care of the children were paramount, that would be the case. However, the CT system doesn't seem to have that built into their family court system, at least as far as I can tell.

All excellent questions to which we sadly don't have answers!

Very upsetting to think that an ongoing Family Court case WITH A GAL can have this happen.

Doesn't Judge Heller or her clerk have a tickler file or some mechanism in place to track important deliverables?

How does Judge Heller track the progress of GAL?

My understanding from the Family Court file was that the GAL reports were due monthly and included transcripts and reports from the visit supervisor etc. This information was to be compiled by GAL and the report was to be delivered monthly to Judge Heller.

From what we are hearing this basic process wasn't completed and yet there is no corresponding record in the file to indicate what Judge Heller did to followup on the children during a turbulent time.

In this case we know the children were with GF and from the June report it seemed like things were ok and issues etc. were being addressed by GF. Even so, it's not good IMO when systems don't seem to work and given what we know about CT Courts and CPS in CT its probably right to be very concerned. IMO, red flags should have been raised long before now by Judge Heller or even GAL Meehan (he seems to have filed no motion to even ask the Court for guidance on how to proceed post GF being awarded custody).

I guess what concerns me is that with no working system in Judge Heller's office what would have happened if the 5 Dulos children were placed separately into foster care system OR what might have happened if the children went to Fd?

Does Family Court and Judge Heller have any mechanism in place to track the children via the GAL process where the supervision of the children would have been paramount?

I do think that even with the children being in temp custody of GF that a GAL report or other process from Judge Heller should have been undertaken. The idea that the lights are on but nobody is home doesn't inspire any confidence in the CT Family Court system and the GAL role and Atty Meehan as GAL here in particular here.

Not sure who is minding the court but I'm not convinced Judge Heller has been doing anything on the case and that includes looking out for the children.

MOO

All excellent questions to which we sadly don't have answers!

Very upsetting to think that an ongoing Family Court case WITH A GAL can have this happen.

Doesn't Judge Heller or her clerk have a tickler file or some mechanism in place to track important deliverables?

How does Judge Heller track the progress of GAL?

My understanding from the Family Court file was that the GAL reports were due monthly and included transcripts and reports from the visit supervisor etc. This information was to be compiled by GAL and the report was to be delivered monthly to Judge Heller.

From what we are hearing this basic process wasn't completed and yet there is no corresponding record in the file to indicate what Judge Heller did to followup on the children during a turbulent time.

In this case we know the children were with GF and from the June report it seemed like things were ok and issues etc. were being addressed by GF. Even so, it's not good IMO when systems don't seem to work and given what we know about CT Courts and CPS in CT its probably right to be very concerned. IMO, red flags should have been raised long before now by Judge Heller or even GAL Meehan (he seems to have filed no motion to even ask the Court for guidance on how to proceed post GF being awarded custody).

I guess what concerns me is that with no working system in Judge Heller's office what would have happened if the 5 Dulos children were placed separately into foster care system OR what might have happened if the children went to Fd?

Does Family Court and Judge Heller have any mechanism in place to track the children via the GAL process where the supervision of the children would have been paramount?

I do think that even with the children being in temp custody of GF that a GAL report or other process from Judge Heller should have been undertaken. The idea that the lights are on but nobody is home doesn't inspire any confidence in the CT Family Court system and the GAL role and Atty Meehan as GAL here in particular here.

Not sure who is minding the court but I'm not convinced Judge Heller has been doing anything on the case and that includes looking out for the children.

MOO

I am further wondering what happens to these kids if GF becomes seriously ill or, god forbid, dies while all or any of the 5 are in her care? Especially if Fd isn’t answering charges of murder? I would imagine that GF has some plan for that possibility; would the family court suddenly become interested enough to send some sort of guardian around to check on them? This really looks like it could end up as a gigantic mess. Maybe the GAL situation isn’t important at the moment, in a sense, because Fd isn’t permitted to contact the children officially, but we know that there have been attempts after Fd was told this.

In my personal experience with overseas banking, you need specific accounts at specific banks to receive funds from whatever country of origin. For an instance the money you wire to's account has USD acceptance or EUR or GBP and if you send it to the wrong account the funds will bounce back. There is always a possibility of that, or cheaper wiring fees and/or FX conversion rates. maybe for the large sum of money it would make sense to go thru HF's bank instead. Another reason to send money through a middle man will be [REDACTED] for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky