Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear all the comments here about Judge Heller not being able to take any action unless she receives a motion of some sort (won't debate whether I agree or not but I will go with the comments made here on this topic for now).

But, Judge Heller in Family Court is sitting with an ongoing case where one of the parties is missing. The case hasn't been dismissed. Motions are still being filed as I think Atty Midler said many motions were filed after JFd went missing.

Riddle me this please.

JFd goes missing 5/24/19 and today is 1/2/20 AND THERE HAS BEEN NO GAL REPORT SINCE JUNE, 2019.

My understanding is that the GAL is tasked with looking out for the welfare of the 5 Dulos children.

Since 5/24/19 the 5 Dulos children have:
1. Experienced great uncertainty as to the location of their mother
2. Were unable last school year to attend in person and were home schooled via video I believe
3. Left their last known home to be relocated in NY with their grandmother
4. Continue to deal with no information about their mother 6+ months later
5. Enrolled in new schools (assumption as we don't know answer to this) in NY and all that this entails with friends and sports and activities etc.
6. Most likely have had limited contact with friends left behind in CT
7. No contact with Fd (I debated including this issue because IMO its appropriate for there to be no contact but the children would have had issues most likely processing the entire issue of their father being involved with the disappearance and presumed murder of their mother).

In short, the above list is not complete but my point is that these 5 children have been through the meat grinder of emotions with the loss of their mother and relocation AND WE HAVE NO REPORT FROM THE GAL!

I'm asking this question having very little personal regard for the GAL in this case and absolutely understanding the merit behind both sets of atty's in the Dulos v Dulos case calling for the dismissal of GAL Meehan. But, Judge Heller chose not to hear the motions regarding the dismissal of GAL Meehan and so unless he was dismissed by Judge Heller unilaterally (which I don't think happened as there is no order listed that I can see) then GAL Meehan IMO still has an obligation to safeguard the interests of the 5 Dulos children in this case.

I'm sorry, but if Judge Heller has an active case (even with odd circumstances due to the disappearance) and she knows that the 5 children have been going through tough times then I would think that she has the obligation to either check on the situation herself with the current custodian GF OR task that GAL to do what they are charged with doing on behalf of the children.

The fact that the GAL has been MIA is something that I don't understand. I know GF is involved but Judge Heller and the GAL are also involved and IMO they had an obligation to look out for the interests of the children and they also IMO totally fell down on the job as it appears nothing has been done by the GAL since June. We don't know if any Custodian/Guardian updates are required by GF to presented to Judge Heller but even so, the GAL had a job to do for which he was being paid $300,000 a year and YET we have not one report during a time of major disruption in the lives of the children since JUNE??????

What is going on?

Is Judge Heller paying attention to the Dulos v Dulos case? Does Judge Heller have a Supervisor? Is anyone in the CT Judiciary watching what is going on with this case regarding the 5 minors?

Why did Atty Midler not ask for a GAL report on behalf of his missing client?

Why did Fd who alleges to care so much about his children NOT ask the GAL why no report has been filed since June? Fd took the time to have his atty's complain about access to information about his children but didn't go the full distance as ask for a comprehensive report? Did he not do this because he still owes the GAL quite a lot of money on unpaid invoices? IDK, but for a father that claims to love his children and miss them every day the fact that Fd didn't ask for a GAL report that I believe he was entitled to is somewhat baffling IMO.

MOO

I have No Doubt that reports Are being made to the Judge in regards to the welfare of the children.

They would be 'off the books' so to speak, otherwise Pattisville/Fd would have access to them and the reports may even be verbal to prevent said access.

We do not want Fd to Know Anything in regards to the children and I believe Judge Heller feels the same.

If these reports are Filed, then Pattisville/Fd would have access to them and would Know Everything in regards to the children. What school they attend, what doctors they go to, and even what Mental Health Practitioners have to say about the children.

If these reports are Not filed as Court Records, then Pattisville/Fd have No Access to them.

And? WE would have No Idea they even exist.

However, this is a different aspect than filing motions in regards to the divorce and protecting marital assets and whom is paying whom.

It is the responsibility of the Attorneys to file motions in these regards.

It is even possible that Dr. GF may have said not to worry about the marital assets.

Bottom line, is that we cannot fault a Judge not ruling on something if the Attorneys have not submitted it to the Court.

What exactly is she to rule on without someone filing a motion?

Judges Must Rule on the Facts Presented.

Could Judge Heller be More Forceful in her Expectations and Requirements of the Attorneys?

Absolutely YES.

Find Fd Guilty of non compliance on providing the Court with an Accurate Financial Affidavit.

Put His Butt In Jail. It is Not That Hard to Understand.

So yes, I do have an issue with the Non Compliance that has been allowed to fester in Family Court.

In this aspect, I Absolutely Fault Judge Heller.

IMO.

I have No Doubt that reports Are being made to the Judge in regards to the welfare of the children.

They would be 'off the books' so to speak, otherwise Pattisville/Fd would have access to them and the reports may even be verbal to prevent said access.

We do not want Fd to Know Anything in regards to the children and I believe Judge Heller feels the same.

If these reports are Filed, then Pattisville/Fd would have access to them and would Know Everything in regards to the children. What school they attend, what doctors they go to, and even what Mental Health Practitioners have to say about the children.

If these reports are Not filed as Court Records, then Pattisville/Fd have No Access to them.

And? WE would have No Idea they even exist.

However, this is a different aspect than filing motions in regards to the divorce and protecting marital assets and whom is paying whom.

IMO.
RSBM - Yes, important points - he wants information on the children to track them, just as he wanted info on JD... to use against her, stalk her, and apparently also kill her.

He doesn't want information on the kids to help out with them financially, emotionally or otherwise - he has proven that time and again.

Any information given to FD on the children puts them in danger. The less he knows about them now, the safer they are. He has repeatedly threatened to kidnap them and take them to Greece, and it looks like he's got his support system all set to do so, hanging out for free in GF's house.

But he's capable of doing far more harm to those children.

GF has, as JD had, a loving family and friends, and the children are safer and more stable now than they have been in years.

Last edited:
This is such a puzzle....The Realtor.com listing for 61 Sturbridge Road, New Canaan contains the following information:
  • Current Listing Price: $3,975,000
  • Creditors: Danbury Bank $2,750,000; Giannis Toutziaridis $500,000; Harry Masiello, $600,000; Trust of GF which I believe is $500,000; Plus 3 others vendors and the city of NC for taxes amounts unknown; Additionally there would be interest payments and taxes due. The defendants listed in red are individuals or businesses who sit in the 4th-7th positions to receive payments.
  • The price Fd paid for this property was $1,500,000 in 7-18-2017. So, if FD worked on the property throughout 2017-2019...What did he do with the loans from his friends? They was made prior to the bank loan in 2017. The price has fluctuated greatly. It was on the market in August 2017 for $4,50,000. Was this a build to suit price? In terms of "flipping a house" this was a disaster. It certainly did not have anything to do with the disappearance of JFd.
  • Here's the pricing since Fd purchased it:
  • 10/09/2019 Price Changed $3,975,000 $422 SMARTMLS
    08/28/2019 Listed $3,999,999 $424 SMARTMLS
    07/01/2019 Price Changed $3,999,999 $430 SMARTMLS
    07/01/2019 Price Changed $3,999,999 $548 Newcanaan
    06/17/2019 Price Changed $4,495,000 $483 SMARTMLS
    06/17/2019 Price Changed $4,495,000 $616 Newcanaan
    04/02/2019 Price Changed $4,675,000 $640 SMARTMLS
    04/02/2019 Price Changed $4,675,000 $640 Newcanaan
    09/17/2018 Listed $4,800,000 $658 Newcanaan
    09/17/2018 Listed $4,800,000 $658 SMARTMLS
    02/19/2018 Listed $4,800,000 $656 SMARTMLS
    02/16/2018 Listed $4,800,000 $658 Newcanaan
    10/17/2017 Listed $4,500,000 $615 SMARTMLS
    08/23/2017 Listed $4,500,000 $615 Newcanaan
    07/18/2017 Sold $1,500,000 $202
So, does this make sense to anyone? Where did all the money go? MOO-MOO

61 Sturbridge Hill Rd, New Canaan, CT 06840 - realtor.com®

It makes no sense to me at all (in fact, it makes me dizzy!) but I applaud you for compiling and organizing this set of facts! I’m not in the real-estate or banking business but surely this is extremely unusual. MOO.

Not local. Out of state. Beholden to no one.
No one will testify against friends or acquaintances. So lawyers go out of state to hire expert witnesses unrelated to any one to prove neglect, malpractice.
Same here. No one local will touch this probe. They’d be finished. Career over. It has to be some out of state, maybe come out of retirement reporter/journalist. Retired journalism professor.
Who doesn’t worry about getting killed for speaking.

You are probably right but this makes me sad

We have been following this case for a few months. We know the Farber family and feel sorry for all that they are going through. We have some questions and don't know if they were covered. First, when FD was first arrested, police commented on poison ivy irritation he had. Was this investigated or discussed? Do scent dogs or cadaver dogs go into those areas. Secondly, girlfriend MT's last court appearance was a hide her event. No one is reporting her coming/goings. Why is she out of the news?

From my experience almost 8 years ago of getting sole custody/guardianship of my grandchild the GAL has probably been busy answering to the Probate Court.
Studies/interviews are done by DCF and GAL and are provided to the Probate Judge. Typical to take 3-4 months for a ruling on the matter. Any appeals generally move up to the Juvenile Court.
Sad to say the process there will leave a ton of room for fd to play his games. In my case I was subjected to “games” by the other grandparents for another two years. And they had court appointed attorneys while I had to pay and pay and pay.

Good for as you persevered in providing your grandchild a loving home, despite the costs and games. I really don't understand decisions some of the courts make or why they are so many jurisdictions to decide a child's future. I am sorry you had to go through two years of indecision. Thanks for sharing.

I hear all the comments here about Judge Heller not being able to take any action unless she receives a motion of some sort (won't debate whether I agree or not but I will go with the comments made here on this topic for now).

But, Judge Heller in Family Court is sitting with an ongoing case where one of the parties is missing. The case hasn't been dismissed. Motions are still being filed as I think Atty Midler said many motions were filed after JFd went missing.

Riddle me this please.

JFd goes missing 5/24/19 and today is 1/2/20 AND THERE HAS BEEN NO GAL REPORT SINCE JUNE, 2019.

My understanding is that the GAL is tasked with looking out for the welfare of the 5 Dulos children.

Since 5/24/19 the 5 Dulos children have:
1. Experienced great uncertainty as to the location of their mother
2. Were unable last school year to attend in person and were home schooled via video I believe
3. Left their last known home to be relocated in NY with their grandmother
4. Continue to deal with no information about their mother 6+ months later
5. Enrolled in new schools (assumption as we don't know answer to this) in NY and all that this entails with friends and sports and activities etc.
6. Most likely have had limited contact with friends left behind in CT
7. No contact with Fd (I debated including this issue because IMO its appropriate for there to be no contact but the children would have had issues most likely processing the entire issue of their father being involved with the disappearance and presumed murder of their mother).

In short, the above list is not complete but my point is that these 5 children have been through the meat grinder of emotions with the loss of their mother and relocation AND WE HAVE NO REPORT FROM THE GAL!

I'm asking this question having very little personal regard for the GAL in this case and absolutely understanding the merit behind both sets of atty's in the Dulos v Dulos case calling for the dismissal of GAL Meehan. But, Judge Heller chose not to hear the motions regarding the dismissal of GAL Meehan and so unless he was dismissed by Judge Heller unilaterally (which I don't think happened as there is no order listed that I can see) then GAL Meehan IMO still has an obligation to safeguard the interests of the 5 Dulos children in this case.

I'm sorry, but if Judge Heller has an active case (even with odd circumstances due to the disappearance) and she knows that the 5 children have been going through tough times then I would think that she has the obligation to either check on the situation herself with the current custodian GF OR task that GAL to do what they are charged with doing on behalf of the children.

The fact that the GAL has been MIA is something that I don't understand. I know GF is involved but Judge Heller and the GAL are also involved and IMO they had an obligation to look out for the interests of the children and they also IMO totally fell down on the job as it appears nothing has been done by the GAL since June. We don't know if any Custodian/Guardian updates are required by GF to presented to Judge Heller but even so, the GAL had a job to do for which he was being paid $300,000 a year and YET we have not one report during a time of major disruption in the lives of the children since JUNE??????

What is going on?

Is Judge Heller paying attention to the Dulos v Dulos case? Does Judge Heller have a Supervisor? Is anyone in the CT Judiciary watching what is going on with this case regarding the 5 minors?

Why did Atty Midler not ask for a GAL report on behalf of his missing client?

Why did Fd who alleges to care so much about his children NOT ask the GAL why no report has been filed since June? Fd took the time to have his atty's complain about access to information about his children but didn't go the full distance as ask for a comprehensive report? Did he not do this because he still owes the GAL quite a lot of money on unpaid invoices? IDK, but for a father that claims to love his children and miss them every day the fact that Fd didn't ask for a GAL report that I believe he was entitled to is somewhat baffling IMO.

MOO
MOO Maybe this GAL knows fd too well and what he is capable of so fd is afraid to ask for a report from him? The p team needs an “in network “gal that will work for them instead of for the good of the children.MOO

He could have taken a loan from the account and that does take a bit of time. Regardless, it seems to have taken some time to get his bail money together and it also makes you wonder where his Greek benefactors were initially.

And did FD have access to the Internet while in jail to accomplish getting the loan? It appears he got the funds to bail out right after Pattis took his case.

One or two points on Mr. Toutziaridis:

• Attorney Weinstein asked the court's permission for taking depositions in NYC and Attorney Murray participated was able to ask questions during the deposition of Lauren Almeida and Rimma Golub. Attorney Weinstein was not afforded that opportunity during Mr. Toutziaridis' deposition.
  • There are probably numerous questions Attorney Weinstein might have/should have explored during the questioning of Mr. T. For instance, during that period of time in 2016, Mr. T and his company Pots and Pans were providing food for the Middle Eastern refugees in Greece. There were some accusations about the transparency of how the funds were used. The EU provided millions of dollars for this program and there were accusations of potential skimming of the funds. If I were Attorney Weinstein, I would like to know the genesis of the funds that were loaned to Fd. In addition to the excellent questions @pandaknows asked, perhaps this loan from Mr. T was paid and re-borrowed. IDK how all of these finances work and all of this is certainly my opinion, but I'd like someone to explore this further as it relates to Fd. For reference you might want to look at the following article and translate it to English. The investigation was still on going in 2018. I couldn't find a resolution to the investigation. The Google results vary...be sure to translate to English. Some of the wording is awkward in the translation.
Αυτές τις εταιρείες ψάχνει η OLAF για τα συσσίτια στους μετανάστες
touz.jpg

I believe from another article that friendship between Fd and Mr. T stems from their childhood in the Nautical Club of Vouliagmeni:

Its current issue, the newspaper "Parapolitika" refers to the close friendly relations of the owners of the company ... which feeds Moria but also other immigrant hosts with Defense Minister P. Kammenos, presenting tenders and decisions raising questions and need further investigation.

Specifically on the topic of friendships and conventions, "Patipolitiks" refers to the friendly relations one of the key players in the refugee food industry, which is Mr. Ioannis Toutziarides, owner of Pot & Pan Food Services SA with his family by Mr Panos Kammenos. Relationships which - according to the "Patipolitiks" - date back to the late Elias Kammenos, one of the most important businessmen in the country and his father, Mr. Toutsiouridis, Harris.

According to the report, his son Haris Toutziaridis also has friendly relations with his sister Kammenos, both of whom Kammenos is coach of the women's polo team and Mr Toutziarides is a water ski champion. Both report that they are dealing with the Vouliagmeni Maritime Club as a child, while the current Minister of National Defense, P. Kammenos, is also involved with the group.

According to the Danbury Bank's foreclosure on the NC property somehow Mr Toutziaridis was sent notice of the foreclosure and hasn't responded. I imagine the bank would like to hear from him, too.

IMO...MOO-MOO

Was there a deposition of Tout, or just the affidavit? I remember that Weinstein objected that defense didn't notify him about Tout's appearance to make the affidavit and said he could've deposed him if he knew Tout was available. Parties are required to send notices of depositions to opponents, too.

Re Tout's affidavit, I noticed that Murray signed as Commissioner of the Superior Court under "Before me appeared..." but didn't give the place of Tout's signing. At Pattis' hearing before the SGC subcommittee, he was questioned about not putting in the place where Alex Jones signed the affidavit, where NP signed as CSP under "Before me appeared..." I remembered, from working in law offices ages ago, that we always put in the state, county and town where the signing took place. Just yesterday at our Town Hall I was looking at a deed of a house that recently sold on our road and noticed that the attorney signed under seller's name as CSP-- with the state, county and town shown. So is this a peculiarity of Pattisville lawyers--that they leave out the place where an affidavit it signed?

I went to the link you gave about the Greek article, but couldn't find the translate option, since everything is written in Greek!

Was there a deposition of Tout, or just the affidavit? I remember that Weinstein objected that defense didn't notify him about Tout's appearance to make the affidavit and said he could've deposed him if he knew Tout was available. Parties are required to send notices of depositions to opponents, too.

Re Tout's affidavit, I noticed that Murray signed as Commissioner of the Superior Court under "Before me appeared..." but didn't give the place of Tout's signing. At Pattis' hearing before the SGC subcommittee, he was questioned about not putting in the place where Alex Jones signed the affidavit, where NP signed as CSP under "Before me appeared..." I remembered, from working in law offices ages ago, that we always put in the state, county and town where the signing took place. Just yesterday at our Town Hall I was looking at a deed of a house that recently sold on our road and noticed that the attorney signed under seller's name as CSP-- with the state, county and town shown. So is this a peculiarity of Pattisville lawyers--that they leave out the place where an affidavit it signed?

I went to the link you gave about the Greek article, but couldn't find the translate option, since everything is written in Greek!

It's all a mystery @pernickety. I'd love to give you the link, but unfortunately from morning to afternoon, all of the articles and their translations were "blocked" with a Google warning that my IP had been used too frequently for that search. I tried several other search engines but to no avail. Hmmmmmm….I'd saved several of the articles in English after the initial search but they are rather lengthy to post on the forum. Would you like me to PM them to you? (When I went back to try to copy the rest of the articles, the Google message kept me from that quest.)

ADD ON: I just tried to send a PM with links and was totally blocked from Websleuths on a different server. I'm going back to delete the suspected links and try again.

.Attorney for Jennifer Dulos’ kids wants to get paid and his role defined in custody battle

In response to Fotis Dulos seeking to end his acrimonious divorce with his missing wife, an attorney appointed to represent the best interests of the couple’s children is calling for a hearing before a judge.
Attorney Michael Meehan, a court-appointed guardian ad litem for the five Dulos children, is asking the judge overseeing the two-year divorce to hold a status conference to discuss his fees and his future role in the case.
Meehan filed the request Thursday, one week after attorney Richard Rochlin, representing Fotis Dulos, filed papers seeking to end the divorce because Jennifer Dulos’ May 24 disappearance has stalled the proceedings.
Farber’s attorneys have claimed Fotis Dulos owes Meehan $43,000 in unpaid fees. Both parents were responsible for paying for Meehan’s services.
Attorney Reuben Midler, representing Jennifer Dulos in the divorce, filed papers this week opposing Fotis Dulos’ push to end the legal action on the grounds he is the prime suspect in his estranged wife’s disappearance and has been charged in the missing persons case.
Midler contends the divorce is still “hotly contested” and there are several issues that still need to be decided, including custody of the children who have been staying with Farber since their mother disappeared.
Midler also wants Fotis Dulos to pay his attorney fees and legal costs associated with defending the motion to dismiss the divorce and any other actions he files.
According to Midler, there is no record of Meehan being removed from the case. Meehan indicated in his request for a status conference that the matter was not urgent, but he wanted to discuss his fees and his role as the children’s guardian ad litem.

Attachments

• C1B3D571-B3ED-45F6-8C18-156FC7CB3A10.jpeg
    C1B3D571-B3ED-45F6-8C18-156FC7CB3A10.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
MOO Maybe this GAL knows fd too well and what he is capable of so fd is afraid to ask for a report from him? The p team needs an “in network “gal that will work for them instead of for the good of the children.MOO

Exactly! I certainly hope the GAL is on the side of the children. However, he has done some questionable things in the past with the custody case that makes one wonder.

It appears he wants to be paid - FD wasn't paying him it seems. I hope the GAL has more on his mind than just the money - I really hope he knows that those kids are not safe anywhere around FD. Even speaking to him is most likely to be emotionally damaging.

Exactly! I certainly hope the GAL is on the side of the children. However, he has done some questionable things in the past with the custody case that makes one wonder.

It appears he wants to be paid - FD wasn't paying him it seems. I hope the GAL has more on his mind than just the money - I really hope he knows that those kids are not safe anywhere around FD. Even speaking to him is most likely to be emotionally damaging.

I hope he isn’t looking for GF to pay him. Does anyone know how this works? Can the court require one party to pay 100% of the GAL fees if one of the parties refuses to pay his half?

I hope he isn’t looking for GF to pay him. Does anyone know how this works? Can the court require one party to pay 100% of the GAL fees if one of the parties refuses to pay his half?
What a rip off

DIVISION OF PUBLIC DEFENDER SERVICES FEE SCALE

Parents’ Combined Gross Income Appointed AMC/GAL Hourly Rate
$00.00 - $39,062.00 State paid*
* Currently the state pays the GAL/AMC a flat fee of $500, plus $50/hour for hourly billing events approved by the Division of Public Defender Services contract.

JUDICIAL BRANCH SLIDING FEE SCALE

Parents’ Combined Gross Income* Appointed AMC/GAL Hourly Rate
$39,062.01 - $50,000.00 $75/hr - $100/hr
$50,000.01 - $70,000.00 $100/hr - $150/hr
$70,000.01 - $100,000.00 $150/hr - $225/hr

* The sliding fee scale is based upon the combined gross income of the parents and assumes one child. The scale is only applicable to cases where the combined gross income of the parents is $100,000 or less.

In addition to considering the parents’ gross income, the court may also consider other factors to determine whether application of the scale is appropriate and at what level, including:

1. All other information set forth on the parents’ financial affidavits;
  2. Total number of dependent children;
  3. The hourly rate charged by the parties’ own lawyers;
  4. The complexity of the issues before the court;
  5. The gross income and other information on the financial affidavit of any intervening party or third party applicant;
  6. Source(s) of additional household income, including funding source for current litigation.

Good question that I wonder myself. I think normally depending on income, the fees are split. An intervening party could be required to pay half also. He can't claim poverty anymore though in family court. ;) Will be interesting to see how the judge rules on this.

What a rip off

DIVISION OF PUBLIC DEFENDER SERVICES FEE SCALE

Parents’ Combined Gross Income Appointed AMC/GAL Hourly Rate
$00.00 - $39,062.00 State paid*
* Currently the state pays the GAL/AMC a flat fee of $500, plus $50/hour for hourly billing events approved by the Division of Public Defender Services contract.

JUDICIAL BRANCH SLIDING FEE SCALE

Parents’ Combined Gross Income* Appointed AMC/GAL Hourly Rate
$39,062.01 - $50,000.00 $75/hr - $100/hr
$50,000.01 - $70,000.00 $100/hr - $150/hr
$70,000.01 - $100,000.00 $150/hr - $225/hr

* The sliding fee scale is based upon the combined gross income of the parents and assumes one child. The scale is only applicable to cases where the combined gross income of the parents is $100,000 or less.

In addition to considering the parents’ gross income, the court may also consider other factors to determine whether application of the scale is appropriate and at what level, including:

1. All other information set forth on the parents’ financial affidavits;
  2. Total number of dependent children;
  3. The hourly rate charged by the parties’ own lawyers;
  4. The complexity of the issues before the court;
  5. The gross income and other information on the financial affidavit of any intervening party or third party applicant;
  6. Source(s) of additional household income, including funding source for current litigation.

Wow! So you obviously want to be GAL to the children of wealthy families only! My heart is literally breaking for the children of poor families who may need this service. Nobody wants to look out for these kids, because it isn’t worth their while from a financial sense. This is so unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces