Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK. I see what you are saying here but IMO MT wasn't a compelling liar. She is a piss poor liar. You know when you see a master liar in action and its total brilliance and they are total TEFLON? MT was not a compelling liar on this level at all. MT seems to be the kind of liar that creates more problems for herself than possibly telling the truth might have created! Why didn't she just say (or her atty say) that she wouldn't speak to LE. Does Atty Bowman really think what MT did in AW3 represented 'cooperation' on the level that it should get consideration in court down the line? I hope not!

As we have endlessly discussed here, MT is NOT a defendant that juries will think highly of to begin with and then you toss on these comments from AW3 that make no sense and it all just seems a recipe for a defense atty's nightmare. Can you imagine how these MT comments in AW3 will play out in court on recycle and how in the world will juries even understand what she meant?

I just hope EE is a credible witness as he might be the only way to understand what all happened at 4Jx and 80 MS on the disappearance date as good luck figuring out anything from MT pitiful testimony.

IDK. All I can think of is that one Press shot of Atty Colangelo we saw after the 8/13 meeting with MT where he looked harassed and simply fed up and hot an aggravated. Now, reading this MT testimony in AW3 I can understand why he looked like he did if he had to spend hours listening to this word salad that makes little sense in any language.

I'm saying this from the perspective of wanting to make sure she has adequate representation and so doesn't have that 'out' available to her down the line. I really wonder what the Atty Bowman plan is for MT defense as based on what we see in AW3, I'm confused as to what he is thinking.....

MOO
I hear you @afitzy, I haven't been keeping up with this case for the last month or two, you have, and thank you so much!! I'm sure there's much more to it than the eye can see, and your hinky meter is right on.

I am only listening to my gut that MT's defense is headed in the direction of her being:
- under FD's thrall
- an addled addict with mental health issues who doesn't really 'know wrong from right', just goes along with what her latest meal ticket says & does
- a jealous mistress wishing to usurp her paramour's wife & gain access to her financial & parental rights & status and live 'the good life' / American Dream
- a fish out of water (non-native) who tried with her practiced feminine wiles to be part of a new scheme in a tony US enclave with her new honey living the good life, but couldn't really piss with the big boys
- a victim of circumstances beyond her control

But primarily I think she is leaning on her defense as being under FD's thrall, and being swept along without really knowing what he was up to. Like all the other women who didn't do the deed themselves, but helped their paramour do it & cover it up for selfish and nefarious purposes.

She's just as guilty as FD is with her complicity, but he may have convinced her that he would make sure they weren't caught (no body, no charges) and he would take the bullet in the unlikely event that they were caught, and she should just play dumb...

MOO

“Lee Gold represented Mawhinney in those previous charges earlier in 2019. Gold said he expects to represent him on any new charges and was waiting to hear from police.

Three state police cruisers pulled up to Gold's Hartford office and detectives were told Mawhinney was not there.

Gold told NBC Connecticut earlier Tuesday that he did not know where Mawhinney is but said he always advises his clients to turn themselves in when there is a warrant for their arrest.”

Jennifer Dulos Case: Who is Attorney Kent Mawhinney?

It’s good advice to give to your clients but it also reads like Gold has had other clients try to flee before? Lol. I can’t with that statement. Again good advice but....”I always advise clients to turn themselves in when there is a warrant for their arrest,” always!

Km didn’t do that. He was pulled over in Tolland at a light or something. Nowhere near his home or work. Maybe his attorney can get KM to play “let’s make a deal” with the State if he has anything to share worth selling.

Fotis Dulos, estranged husband of missing mom, charged with felony murder

Jan 7, 2020

FARMINGTON, CT (WFSB) - A man at the center of his estranged wife's disappearance was charged with murder on Tuesday.

Fotis Dulos is accused of killing Jennifer Farber Dulos of New Canaan. She vanished more than seven months ago, on May 24.

Read his full arrest warrant here.

State police officially charged him with murder, felony murder and kidnapping on Tuesday. His bond was set at $6 million.

[..]

Michelle Troconis, Fotis Dulos' former girlfriend, was also arrested for conspiracy to commit murder, according to troopers.

Her bond was set at $2 million.

Read her arrest warrant here.

Fotis Dulos' civil attorney, Kent Mawhinney, who represented him in a case over the Farber estate, is also charged with conspiracy to commit murder. He'll be held on a $2 million bond.

Read his arrest warrant here.

Mawhinney is also an old friend of Fotis Dulos. More about their relationship here.

State police said they couldn't answer questions from the media during a news conference due to a gag order that had been placed on the case.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

IDK but in reading AW3 yet another time, I'm starting to get a clear 'sociopath' vibe from MT as there don't seem to be lines between right/wrong, no problem lying to LE, no connection between actions/consequences, no affect other than possibly frustration under directed questioning, no consideration for anyone other than herself and her situation, zero remorse or interest in helping investigation, no consideration for her daughter or 5 Dulos children and focus on how Fd lied to her without looking I think at the heinous act committed by Fd. I do very much wish we knew more about why MT was sent away to the 'horse farm' in NY when she was 15 as perhaps it might give some insight here but there seems to be a disconnect IMO between MT and the rest of the world and other peoples feelings/emotions and its a bit scary to watch play out when she is questioned by LE.

Sure past experiences in life can possibly impact current behaviour but what we see from MT IMO looks to be cold and calculated in the way of someone that simply doesn't feel like most people do. Today I very much got the sense that MT know precisely what happened to JFd in minute detail and she is totally ok with what happened. Its a chilling thought to have about a person IMO. That one quote in AW3 about MT getting caught in a lie and then putting her face in her hands like a child about a simple question about whether she saw Fd on the morning of the 24th, really got me. Even Atty Bowman tried to clear up the answer to a simple question about Fd location and he too failed. Why couldn't she answer a simple question that she clearly knew the answer to about Fd? Self anger at getting caught? Fear? Frustration? IDK.

I do very much wonder if the person that suggested that Fd has something major on MT and is holding it over her might be correct? But fear from MT might explain some of her choices but IMO not all of them here. MT worked very hard to stay on message with the 'alibi scripts' IMO. The criminal genius' here left the 'alibi scripts' in the trash too for LE to find early in the process, so you would think that MT would realise early in the game that 'alibi script' wasn't the best path forward. But no, she persists until 8/13 (think this was 3rd meeting with LE).

Why persist so long with the 'alibi scripts'? And, why did Atty Bowman not stop MT interaction with LE once he realised she was spouting 'alibi script' responses?

MOO
Wow, I didn't know (but am not surprised at all) that someone suggested FD has something on MT, and that's why she is so 'crumbly' under question, for lack of a better term, and is towing the line against all odds it seems. It's a common tactic among criminals to keep dirt on eachother to keep their cohorts from squealing on them. Hmmm...

I hear you @afitzy, I haven't been keeping up with this case for the last month or two, you have, and thank you so much!! I'm sure there's much more to it than the eye can see, and your hinky meter is right on.

I am only listening to my gut that MT's defense is headed in the direction of her being:
- under FD's thrall
- an addled addict with mental health issues who doesn't really 'know wrong from right', just goes along with what her latest meal ticket says & does
- a jealous mistress wishing to usurp her paramour's wife & gain access to her financial & parental rights & status and live 'the good life' / American Dream
- a fish out of water (non-native) who tried with her practiced feminine wiles to be part of a new scheme in a tony US enclave with her new honey living the good life, but couldn't really piss with the big boys
- a victim of circumstances beyond her control

But primarily I think she is leaning on her defense as being under FD's thrall, and being swept along without really knowing what he was up to. Like all the other women who didn't do the deed themselves, but helped their paramour do it & cover it up for selfish and nefarious purposes.

She's just as guilty as FD is with her complicity, but he may have convinced her that he would make sure they weren't caught (no body, no charges) and he would take the bullet in the unlikely event that they were caught, and she should just play dumb...

MOO
Yes, I see this. But I also see her as being quite strong and demanding in her own possibly passive and very aggressive way too! She clearly kept close tabs on Fd and caught him in the lie about the Wed dinner at 69/71 Welles quickly. Funny how fellow cheaters like to keep close tabs on each other even once they are together! I do wonder if MT continued to be very jealous of JFd and the role she still played in taking up Fd time in Family Court and in his thoughts and the children etc. I just sense the rage in MT was real as to why she was hanging out still with Fd and the divorce had really gone nowhere! It's actually I think a normal reaction from MT for once as who wouldn't be pissed off to be told that the divorce shouldn't take too long and how Fd said he never thought JFD would 'do this to him in terms of the long drawn out divorce'! Ha, MT would have to be a moron to believe that and I don't think she did believe that whopper from Fd. Even so, we see her following along and cleaning up at 80MS..... I do wonder what Fd might have promised MT to garner that level of ongoing support. I do wonder if MT will read the Fd AW3 and understand the financial mess that was his life and how he really was simply one big lie on top of another lie?

The part that was interesting in the AW that related to the 'relationship' was MT admitting to fighting all the time with Fd and also how it was so clear that Fd lied to MT when convenient. MT did seem on top of FD and his lies so she must have seen in play out in other ways. I do think they lived in each others pockets as a couple and so she no doubt know quite a bit about Fd that was not shared with LE! But Fd clearly seemed to enjoy his ongoing divorce drama with JFd IMO and so absent some compelling evidence I am calling BS on the Dateline comments from Fd that he was making any effort to end the divorce quickly. In this regard, I do think Fd totally bamboozled MT and this might have enraged her further too.

MOO

Wow, I didn't know (but am not surprised at all) that someone suggested FD has something on MT, and that's why she is so 'crumbly' under question, for lack of a better term, and is towing the line against all odds it seems. It's a common tactic among criminals to keep dirt on eachother to keep their cohorts from squealing on them. Hmmm...
Clearly speculation but I'm keeping it tucked away as an idea of how to support behaviour that simply seems 'off' for lack of a better explanation.

wonder if his bicycle did not show up on any security cameras at JD's house the way a vehicle would have. asked before if there were cameras at Welles and if FD would have been checking for them on the night of the picnic.

so I was looking at vintage mercier bikes and I gotta say what was FD thinking? The bike he used to get to JDs house so he could murder her is his childhood bike.keeping that in mind it’s very distinctive looking. It’s not like an average bike that blends in. I am not saying the bike in the thumbnail is FDs bike at all I just included the picture so y’all could see how distinctive and different the Mercier bicycle looks to the eye.

Attachments

• CDCD2B32-2C58-405C-87E7-12D8C6BE8529.jpeg
    CDCD2B32-2C58-405C-87E7-12D8C6BE8529.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 90
wonder if his bicycle did not show up on any security cameras at JD's house the way a vehicle would have. asked before if there were cameras at Welles and if FD would have been checking for them on the night of the picnic.
Yes, good point. We have been waiting for confirmation of the security system status at Welles and sadly will have to keep on waiting!

so I was looking at vintage mercier bikes and I gotta say what was FD thinking? The bike he used to get to JDs house so he could murder her is his childhood bike.keeping that in mind it’s very distinctive looking. It’s not like an average bike that blends in. I am not saying the bike in the thumbnail is FDs bike at all I just included the picture so y’all could see how distinctive and different the Mercier bicycle looks to the eye.
Good one! Yep, looks like he is going for the Tour de France in New Canaan circa 1980!

Dave Altimari‏ @davealtimari
Here’s a photo of what the state police detectives were wearing.

ENuYP91W4AAclyi.jpg

6:14 PM - 7 Jan 2020

The state police detectives who arrested Fotis Dulos today were all wearing purple ribbons in support of domestic violence awareness.

5:11 PM - 7 Jan 2020

IDK. I see what you are saying here but IMO MT wasn't a compelling liar. She is a piss poor liar. You know when you see a master liar in action and its total brilliance and they are total TEFLON? MT was not a compelling liar on this level at all. MT seems to be the kind of liar that creates more problems for herself than possibly telling the truth might have created! Why didn't she just say (or her atty say) that she wouldn't speak to LE. Does Atty Bowman really think what MT did in AW3 represented 'cooperation' on the level that it should get consideration in court down the line? I hope not!

As we have endlessly discussed here, MT is NOT a defendant that juries will think highly of to begin with and then you toss on these comments from AW3 that make no sense and it all just seems a recipe for a defense atty's nightmare. Can you imagine how these MT comments in AW3 will play out in court on recycle and how in the world will juries even understand what she meant?

I just hope EE is a credible witness as he might be the only way to understand what all happened at 4Jx and 80 MS on the disappearance date as good luck figuring out anything from MT pitiful testimony.

IDK. All I can think of is that one Press shot of Atty Colangelo we saw after the 8/13 meeting with MT where he looked harassed and simply fed up and hot an aggravated. Now, reading this MT testimony in AW3 I can understand why he looked like he did if he had to spend hours listening to this word salad that makes little sense in any language.

I'm saying this from the perspective of wanting to make sure she has adequate representation and so doesn't have that 'out' available to her down the line. I really wonder what the Atty Bowman plan is for MT defense as based on what we see in AW3, I'm confused as to what he is thinking.....

MOO

She's not a compelling liar because she never has had to work very hard at it.

She plays dumb. She's not dumb. She's as manipulative as FD. They know each other. They are just like one another.

Definitely still think FD knows about likely financial / import-related crimes that she not only participated in with him, but likely performed on her own. They hold a lot over each others' heads, IMO.

But she knows what she's doing. She's got a house out West to show for it, as well as a lawyer who falls for her act. She was raised that way; she knows nothing else but getting away with manipulating others.

Last edited:
The arrest warrant for Kent Mawhinney refers to search of what they believed could be a grave site at a gun club in East Granby. Police found a 6-foot long hole in August with nothing in it. Members said they saw 2 bags of lime and a blue tarp in it.

4:55 PM - 7 Jan 2020

Kent Mawhinney was arrested by troopers in Tolland off exit 68 after police had been searching for him all day. It's unclear if they believe he was trying to flee.They searched courthouses in Hartford all day looking for him.

4:24 PM - 7 Jan 2020

[Hmm...fleeing, suicide, Logan Airport? MOO].

Gitana is right. KM was making good money. Making a h3ll of a lot more money as an immigration lawyer. He is loaded but does not show on the books. You know what I mean.
Interesting. And if one were accruing income that didn't show on the books, one would maybe want to hide or transfer it -- or tell someone about it in person, before going to jail for a very long time, no?

Might even be worth a detour before going straight to jail?

Last edited:
Good one! Yep, looks like he is going for the Tour de France in New Canaan circa 1980!
In AW3 LE said they located a picture of FD with his bicycle. Of all the things that could nail him. I mean as far as we know no good images showing it’s definitely him in the Tacoma (not saying there aren’t any we just don’t know). No good video of him that we know of in NC where we can clearly see it’s him. His cell he left behind at 4Jax. He’s got on a drawstring hoodie on the bike so you can’t see his face. He did his best to clean the crime scene and did a decent enough job that only two places had his DNA. So apart from the trashbin odyssey of stupidity and the riding the vintage bicycle to go murder poor JD and trusting that MT can follow a simple alibi script and wouldn’t be so stupid as to talk to cops 3 times with Bowman present and lie to everyone: FD thought he’d committed the perfect crime! And yet...vintage bicycle. There’s no humor in any of this but now that stupid Queen song Bicycle is in my brain

In AW3 LE said they located a picture of FD with his bicycle. Of all the things that could nail him. I mean as far as we know no good images showing it’s definitely him in the Tacoma (not saying there aren’t any we just don’t know). No good video of him that we know of in NC where we can clearly see it’s him. His cell he left behind at 4Jax. He’s got on a drawstring hoodie on the bike so you can’t see his face. He did his best to clean the crime scene and did a decent enough job that only two places had his DNA. So apart from the trashbin odyssey of stupidity and the riding the vintage bicycle to go murder poor JD and trusting that MT can follow a simple alibi script and wouldn’t be so stupid as to talk to cops 3 times with Bowman present and lie to everyone: FD thought he’d committed the perfect crime! And yet...vintage bicycle. There’s no humor in any of this but now that stupid Queen song Bicycle is in my brain
queen bicycle.jpg gold_bicycle_.jpg

I am slightly surprised that he used/destroyed/dumped his precious bicycle in this undertaking. speaks of desperation for a narcissistic materialistic person to use any prized possession in a murder, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina