Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From some of the evidence and bits of information in the SW's and AW documents I
believe LE is hinting to us that they believe an
axe is the weapon used for the killing.

Easily hidden on the body or taped to the bike frame many axes are only 20-24" long and
lightweight for carrying.

An axe has both a blunt side for heavy hammering and a sharp side angled for cutting. Usually the head is made of steel and the handle is wood. (wood fragment ??) When axes are mfgrd. a small sliver of wood, and sometimes also a
pc. of steel is wedged into the handle to hold the head onto the handle. If the ax fails and head is separated from handle, this wood fragment would be loosened
and possibly fall off.
An ax would cover the types of blood spatter the
ME and forensics suggest. Both blunt force and cutting by sharp instrument mentioned in
documents.
He may have also had his fishing/hunting type
folding knife (switchblade) in a pocket of hoodie. If head of ax came off during crime he may have used knife for final acts.
If testing shows wood fragment found in JFD's
Suburban is ASH wood, which most axes made in US are made of, this would further confirm
an ax may have been the weapon.
Also the mention of a friend loaning an ax to
FD seems to confirm their thoughts.
We see that once an item is mentioned by LE
there's usually a strong reason for introducing
this information.
For comparison here's some of the more popular types of axes sold today.

The 10 Best Axes

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this article which does a good job explaining this particular 'quirk' in Hartford.

The article explains where I fell into the rabbit hole in trying to understand where a citizen can even report possible corruption/unethical practices/violations of state laws or regulations/mismangement etc.

These items go to 'auditors'?

You mean like people that focus on debits and credits for a living and manage the books and records of the State of CT?

I think I finally found 'them' here: APA | CT – Connecticut State Auditors of Public Accounts

So far as I can see there are no instructions on how to file ANYTHING?

I have since found "The Head Auditor" but I have to say that this form of organization for dealing with these kinds of issues simply is not registering with me as being logical at all.

Its not easy to report anything to this group that I can tell.

Very CT IMO and also VERY FRUSTRATING.

MOO!
Thanks for posting this article which does a good job explaining this particular 'quirk' in Hartford.

The article explains where I fell into the rabbit hole in trying to understand where a citizen can even report possible corruption/unethical practices/violations of state laws or regulations/mismangement etc.

These items go to 'auditors'?

You mean like people that focus on debits and credits for a living and manage the books and records of the State of CT?

I think I finally found 'them' here: APA | CT – Connecticut State Auditors of Public Accounts

So far as I can see there are no instructions on how to file ANYTHING?

I have since found "The Head Auditor" but I have to say that this form of organization for dealing with these kinds of issues simply is not registering with me as being logical at all.

Its not easy to report anything to this group that I can tell.

Very CT IMO and also VERY FRUSTRATING.

MOO!
I wonder how the State and NP handle all the proclamations that NP has made prior to AW3. From the very beginning we heard from the GAL at the May 22nd outdoor dinner that Fd never entered the home. This was repeated by NP to the press on several occasions...Fd repeated it in his TV interviews. This week NP says, Fd has been in the WL home. This was a HUH moment. (Didn't anyone in the press questions this?) What does the State do to impeach the public statements with the current theory and perhaps courtroom testimony? Will the state be allowed to do a montage for the jury of Fd and NP's pretrial proclamations...perhaps, during the final arguments? Where could one put this in a trial?

I hope and believe that the State has withheld certain pieces of evidence that will be the closers whether that be photos, video, or found evidence that hasn't been shared thus far. I do wonder if NP's sources have told him that the State still holds something more incriminating.

Do we think that this could go to trial this fall? Personally, I feel like it is the sooner the better, perhaps with the discovery of what happened to JFd's body. Where would NP like to move the trial? To the northeastern section of CT? I looked in the New London/Groton/Norwich news media and don't feel the case is receiving as much coverage there as it is in the western part of the state.

IDK...I'm guessing like everyone else, but this is a chess match. NP is, IMO, feeling the pressure.

BTW, we haven't heard anything from NP's crack investigator McNamara. I wonder if he is still lurking about. That information is on my list of wanna know information...NP wants to get the trial started before there are anymore breaks in this seemingly complicated case starring the 3 stooges. MOO...IMO
I wonder how the State and NP handle all the proclamations that NP has made prior to AW3. From the very beginning we heard from the GAL at the May 22nd outdoor dinner that Fd never entered the home. This was repeated by NP to the press on several occasions...Fd repeated it in his TV interviews. This week NP says, Fd has been in the WL home. This was a HUH moment. (Didn't anyone in the press questions this?) What does the State do to impeach the public statements with the current theory and perhaps courtroom testimony? Will the state be allowed to do a montage for the jury of Fd and NP's pretrial proclamations...perhaps, during the final arguments? Where could one put this in a trial?

I hope and believe that the State has withheld certain pieces of evidence that will be the closers whether that be photos, video, or found evidence that hasn't been shared thus far. I do wonder if NP's sources have told him that the State still holds something more incriminating.

Do we think that this could go to trial this fall? Personally, I feel like it is the sooner the better, perhaps with the discovery of what happened to JFd's body. Where would NP like to move the trial? To the northeastern section of CT? I looked in the New London/Groton/Norwich news media and don't feel the case is receiving as much coverage there as it is in the western part of the state.

IDK...I'm guessing like everyone else, but this is a chess match. NP is, IMO, feeling the pressure.

BTW, we haven't heard anything from NP's crack investigator McNamara. I wonder if he is still lurking about. That information is on my list of wanna know information...NP wants to get the trial started before there are anymore breaks in this seemingly complicated case starring the 3 stooges. MOO...IMO

I think that PI is Patrick McKenna, not McNamara? I've wondered what he's up to, too. IMO NP having his PI attempt to directly contact state's witness PG (EE), while PG was represented by Atty Urso was an ethical violation, if not an attempt at witness tampering.

You're wondering what the state should do at trial with NP's proclamations. I wondered about that also. Maybe NP should be called as a witness? He's said (WFSB interview) that a "cleaning woman was there (Welles) for hours. Now he's said FD was in the house (Welles). Testify about what you know, Atty Pattis. (Attorney as witness can't act as counsel according to RPCs)

They possibly could get it admitted into evidence? I would think.
This is my opinion and my opinion only. Getting that journal admitted into evidence might be tough during the State's case in chief, because it is hearsay (out of court statement made to establish the truth of the facts asserted). I suspect Coangelo is going to try to get it in under the "state of mind" exception, namely to establish Jennifer's state of mind with respect to her devotion to her children and need to keep them safe.

If Dulos elects to testify, the chances of that journal coming in greatly increases IMO. Why? Because if Dulos testifies that Jennifer abandoned her children in a Gone Girl scenario, and wasn't murdered by him, that journal becomes clear rebuttal evidence to establish she was not in the "state of mind" to so callously damage the children she loved above all else. Putting Dulos on the stand is a huge risk that many defenders would not consider, given the many ways he will be impeached with his prior statements, damning evidence like this journal...and who knows what else? It seems the C Team is unconcerned with this potential for disaster, at least publicly.

The presentation of evidence in this case could be a law school exam, as there will be a great deal of it, gathered from many sources. Every state has adopted specific Rules of Evidence, which set forth what is and is not admissible in court, and these rules can be quite complex. Prosecutors usually have a better understanding of the rules of evidence than most trial lawyers, and experienced prosecutors, who have tried lots of cases, have the best grasp of all. You can be sure that Coangelo is going to be prepared to do battle to get as much evidence of guilt in as possible, and NP will do his best, whatever that is, to keep it out.

I read his power got turned off, his company isn't making money as he is the only employee now, you can't afford power you're probably not going to afford to fight this. He has his house for sale for $4.8M probably going to need that cash to pay his legal team.
Just to be clear, the house for sale is not the house FD is living in. The house listed for sale that may fetch, oh speculating now, $1mm as a teardown MOO, has the Danbury Savings Bank construction loan against it for MOO an amount waaay in excess of its value. FD, IMO, is broke or worse, is millions and millions in debt. Mr. Green was never in the house. Any cash scraped up would go to bailing FD and MT out, as I suppose it would have to be layered a few times first so the origins would not be traceable. But there is no unencumbered property, perhaps many times over even, that I can determine. Mr Green is the CT taxpayer, if CT is footing the bill for indigent crim defense work instead of having a Public Defenders Office like New York. MOO.

Just to be clear, the house for sale is not the house FD is living in. The house listed for sale that may fetch, oh speculating now, $1mm as a teardown MOO, has the Danbury Savings Bank construction loan against it for MOO an amount waaay in excess of its value. FD, IMO, is broke or worse, is millions and millions in debt. Mr. Green was never in the house. Any cash scraped up would go to bailing FD and MT out, as I suppose it would have to be layered a few times first so the origins would not be traceable. But there is no unencumbered property, perhaps many times over even, that I can determine. Mr Green is the CT taxpayer, if CT is footing the bill for indigent crim defense work instead of having a Public Defenders Office like New York. MOO.

I thought I made this clear a couple of days ago, but it looks like some people aren’t paying attention to which properties they’re talking about. And I still can’t believe that the state of CT could possibly be paying for his representation. Isn’t that what the public defender is for?

[
I think that PI is Patrick McKenna, not McNamara? I've wondered what he's up to, too. IMO NP having his PI attempt to directly contact state's witness PG (EE), while PG was represented by Atty Urso was an ethical violation, if not an attempt at witness tampering.

You're wondering what the state should do at trial with NP's proclamations. I wondered about that also. Maybe NP should be called as a witness? He's said (WFSB interview) that a "cleaning woman was there (Welles) for hours. Now he's said FD was in the house (Welles). Testify about what you know, Atty Pattis. (Attorney as witness can't act as counsel according to RPCs)

Thanks @pernickety....Your correction of the name is helpful. How could I have confused the infamous fellow McKenna!

Here's an article about his work for NP:
OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony investigator hired in Jennifer Dulos case

I guess Fotis doesn't have the cash to pay for Norm's billable hours for a probable cause hearing?

Never fear. FD has the cash.
Something’s come up. Like the ax under luminal shows blood. Or NP has squeezed every drop of blood out of the probable cause hearing distraction tactic. Or KM is getting sober and thinking clearly.
It may not be big. But it could open the wrong door.

If so the poor child will never forgive him/herself and will be devastated. Like when Betty Broderick took her daughters keys to gain access to her ex husbands house.

I was thinking of the exact same case. So sad for BB's daughter in that one. I would hope because all visitations were monitored/supervised that FD wouldn't have had a chance to do anything remotely like that. Would hope. I hope that none of the 5 kids will have to testify or be involved in the trial at all. Testifying can be traumatic for kiddos/ or even adult family members and loved ones of victims whether it is by CCT or in open court.

I had wondered early on if LE talked to any of them or not. If only to verify what JFd might have been wearing that morning and what her mood was like. But I hope the kiddos will not have to be involved at all. Like I often wonder what MT's daughter might have seen or heard in the week or so surrounding JFd disappearance, in particular, the night of 5/31 when MT, FD and MT daughter went to the hotel where FD and MT were later arrested. But again, I would prefer if possible to keep her daughter out of any of it as well. All 6 kiddos are innocent victims of MT and FD terrible decisions and actions.

Why not assume he broke in through the mudroom door. Or assume that there was a spare key under the doormat for the mudroom door that leads outside?

Lots of possibilities...He watched one of the kids open the garage or mudroom while the kiddo was getting a basketball out for their game. I noticed in Fd's first television interview that he said he was playing basketball with his two oldest. (in observer report, too) For some reason I found that sad. He did something during the visitation that left out the other four kids??? Doesn't seem like very good family time to me. MOO...IMO

IMO, if that is the case it means the supervisor for visitation sure wasn't doing their job.

MOO - I tend to think that the supervisor was not watching FDs every move as they should have been. I wonder if the (supervisor) notes for that day were cleaned up a bit. Also, the supervisor was a substitute that day. Likely in over their head with a pro manipulator like FD.

Last edited:
is because she hasn't entered a plea for the conspiracy charges yet

Steps in a Criminal Case
Basic Criminal Case Steps

Step 1: Arraignment

The first step in a criminal case is a court appearance called an arraignment, in which the charges against the defendant are read before a judge. At an arraignment, a lawyer is appointed if the defendant cannot afford one, and the defendant's plea (guilty, not guilty, no contest) is entered. Bail may also be set at the arraignment.

Step 2: Preliminary Hearing

The arraignment is followed by a preliminary hearing, in which a prosecutor presents evidence to a judge in an attempt to show that there is strong suspicion that a person committed a crime. If the judge is convinced that a strong suspicion exists, the defendant is 'held to answer,' and the prosecution proceeds to the trial court level. If the judge does not agree that the prosecution has demonstrated 'strong suspicion,' the charges are dropped.

Step 3: 2nd Arraignment (Superior Court)

Fourteen days after the defendant is 'held to answer,' he is arraigned in the trial level court of the Superior court. This hearing is the same procedure is the first arraignment.

Step 4: Pretrial Hearing & Motions

A motion is a request asking a judge to issue a ruling order on a legal matter. The pretrial is a hearing to resolve outstanding issues and it is often an appropriate time to attempt to settle or 'plea bargain' the case.

Step 5: Jury Trial

Oh good. Thank you. Should have read all posts first.

I was thinking of the exact same case. So sad for BB's daughter in that one. I would hope because all visitations were monitored/supervised that FD wouldn't have had a chance to do anything remotely like that. Would hope. I hope that none of the 5 kids will have to testify or be involved in the trial at all. Testifying can be traumatic for kiddos/ or even adult family members and loved ones of victims whether it is by CCT or in open court.

I had wondered early on if LE talked to any of them or not. If only to verify what JFd might have been wearing that morning and what her mood was like. But I hope the kiddos will not have to be involved at all. Like I often wonder what MT's daughter might have seen or heard in the week or so surrounding JFd disappearance, in particular, the night of 5/31 when MT, FD and MT daughter went to the hotel where FD and MT were later arrested. But again, I would prefer if possible to keep her daughter out of any of it as well. All 6 kiddos are innocent victims of MT and FD terrible decisions and actions.

I also hope the (substitute) supervisor was on the ball that night, but we know how things really work and FD is a #1 Manipulating Pro X 1000.

Yes yes and yes!!
Thanks for reposting the deets on the car accident-at least the few we have!

And thanks for the info on court on the 17th. Not quite the “everything going like roses for Fotis picture that NP is painting.

I have always thought MTs rage over having to leave the house on the24th had to be HUGE!
And do you recall an odd stipulation about the weekend visitation FD had just won? For some reason I’m remembering 1 day in New Caan and the other in Farmington?

Like you, and @Little Bitty, I’m fascinated to know the order of play on 5/17. Which came first, the hearing/‘attempt’ or the car crash?

Was MT really driving while Fd played travel-Scrabble with a kid? Doesn’t FD strike you as a has-to-be-in-the-driving-seat sort of guy?

Who was angry that day?

I cannot get my head round MT being so fond of children that she would want 5 extra ankle-snappers in her weekend. Surely it would be (secretly) a relief that she didn’t have to be around on those visitation days? A bonus that she could spend some quality time out and about with her own daughter? For her, a bit of a result at court that day, really?

I’m thinking it was Fd’s mood that dictated things.

IMO he needed MT there on visitations to do the nannying and pick up after the kids. Without a ‘nanny’, he would be exhausted and in a foul mood in fairly short order.

In terms of his longer-term game, what part (if any) did MT play? Why so keen for his kids to forge a relationship with MT and her daughter? MT was expendable (wasn’t she?), so aside from riling Jennifer, what was so important to him about this?

I considered him primary a witness who could bolster George’s testimony

His appearance, dress, manners could influence a jury with regard to what the neighborhood really offered FD and MT by way of cover up. They drove to, through and dropped off crime evidence thinking it would never be noticed in the area just bc it was lower class, poverty stricken or blighted. Littered with living corpses. And common place for bloody car mats, pillows or weapons to be discovered while rummaging through trash cans.
Users. Abusers. No regard for anyone or anything.

I also hope the (substitute) supervisor was on the ball that night, but we know how things really work and FD is a #1 Manipulating Pro X 1000.

It appears that DP (Dennis Puebla and/or his designee/associates) took detailed notes and never left FD alone with the kiddos during the visitation. Protocol dictated that the observer would arrive to the location first. Followed by FD (which FD totally violated on 5/22 by driving up JFd driveway 30 minutes ahead of the visitation time claiming confusion about plans that were well established and of which he was well aware). FD was never to be left alone with the kids the whole visit. Then FD was to leave first per protocol followed by the observer.

Thought...your question sparked a thought for me. Y'all ever use those universal remotes for tv/stereo/blueray etc...? I tried but LittleBitty is a moron when it comes to that kind of thing.
Is it possible that FD arrived early on 5/22 with a programmable garage door opener type of deal? I wouldn't even begin to know how something like that would even work though. Just a thought, though it is probably well out of the realm of possibility.

In the words of GAL Meehan himself, JFd would routinely make plans re: the visitation and act on those established plans and act accordingly and inevitably FD would do something last minute or mid-way through to throw a monkey wrench in the established plans per FD need to control stuff.

I believe he showed up early for other reasons that relate to the crime. Maybe he thought he could get into the house? Would just pop in through the door or something? Or he was scoping something out? And/or ofcourse to intimidate JFd and let her know that the orders he was under per the court meant nothing to him and that he was in control?

Why, because although FD is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he did know that JD’s home was protected by a security system and if he “broke in”, it would alert the alarm company and therefore, the police. Also, JD feared for her and her children’s lives because of FD and would never keep a key under the mat. @@
However, I could absolutely see FD manipulating one of his kids into telling him the “secret code number”.

MOO - I tend to think that the supervisor was not watching FDs every move as they should have been. I wonder if the (supervisor) notes for that day were cleaned up a bit. Also, the supervisor was a substitute that day. Likely in over their head with a pro manipulator like FD.
The supervisor did report FDs comment about not wanting to go inside the house because he didn’t want his DNA to be found in the house. This was introduced at FDs first arraignment hearing (I believe- in relation to bail on his first charges) by Colangelo. FD scowled when Colangelo said that.
So at least the supervisor did get a sense of something odd.

NP may argue that FD was in the house earlier, perhaps on that infamous “mother’s day” when FD claimed to EE that he hugged JD. Which seems extremely unlikely given the acrimonious court track record that week, however he may have pushed himself on her, if it did in fact happen. The supervisor should have been present for that visit too, as FD was not to have any time with the kids unsupervised, so that should be in the record. In fact, NP is going to have a tough time given that since JD moved into that house, FD only had supervised visits with the kids, so a supervisor would know according to their records and recollection if he’s ever been in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces