Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can someone who took their own life be executed? This is a ridiculous comment from NP.

“Mr. Dulos was tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. Now he has been executed," Pattis said, in the motion. "We remain committed to demonstrating he did not murder Jennifer.”

Fotis Dulos has died, but his lawyer wants to proceed with his murder trial anyway. Is that possible?

The infamous “I’m innocent” note was found in the car.

Police found Dulos in his garage, in the front seat of his Chevrolet Suburban. The garage doors had been closed and a vacuum cleaner hose had been clamped onto the tail pipe and run into the interior of the vehicle, sources said.

They found a note in the car when trying to save him.

IMO that’s not true at all! A person whose dying words (suicide note) were that he’s innocent. He maintained that throughout last 9 months. He faced a very hostile and biased public who believed before the trial that he was a murderer without ever seeing the discovery and cross examining him during trial. His charachter was strategically assassinated and was forced to play by the gag order to never be able to clear his name or explain what happened publicly during those very public accusations. Gag order did not result in fair trial and would have never because the public had made up their mind from the information that was leaked to the public. Whenever there is a diluted public opinion it doesn’t result in fair trial. I’ve read many times on multiple platforms that ppl wanted to lie just to get selected on to the jury so they could just Convict him during the trial. When you have people like these and know that there’s a good chance you won’t find open minded ppl then suicide is what occurs. The gag order was strategically only applied towards the defendant And it successfully got defense where they are now. His kids, his career, his right of free speech was taken away from him, a never before heard gag order, 6million bail that the judge wanted to double to 12 million was never heard of in CT for a serial killer let alone for someone who was accused of killing someone whose body hasn’t Even been found. I am a strong believer of sanctioning media from cases so accused could be presumed innocent until proven guilty in the courtroom and walk the earth without being hounded by media or people.
The trial must go on! What does his death have to do with the trial? Unless the trial was only to put someone under so much pressure that they simply eliminate themselves fully knowing that state and public has not even granted him his basic right of meeting his children and of free speech:

A life has been lost today, one was lost 9 months ago. if the accusations aren’t simply accusations then the state must prove themselves in the court of law that he murdered her BEYOND reasonable doubt! Change the law! If the state can arrest someone (and use our tax $$) for a missing person (they claim is dead) without a body in this particular case then I bet they can make exceptions to try it without a defendant. Yes we pay enough to our state to try both cases! No special treatment should be given to one party as it’s been for 9 months.
I’m sure they can make an exception like they did by applying gag order.

Im sure they can make an exception like they made an exception for a never before heard bond of 6 million.

If they can arrest his attorney for a shallow grave (of limes) where a human body has never been placed and attorneys wife is still alive then

we all deserve to know beyond reasonable doubt what exactly happened because NONE of this makes sense unless you have bias opinion. You can’t play the whole movie on tv and then turn it off right before the climax simply because the alleged villian died without explaining what really happened?

What? I don't get it.

Surely the children will inherit anything FD has so no reason for a lawsuit.
However, I would imagine FD's estate is in the negative numbers. What a loser!

Yeah my thought was he likely has more creditors than assets but a judgment in a wrongful death suit may have priority in terms of who gets paid (so the kids would collect over the creditors). But I am not familiar with CT inheritance law so they may have different rules for prioritization.

IMO that’s not true at all! A person whose dying words (suicide note) were that he’s innocent. He maintained that throughout last 9 months. He faced a very hostile and biased public who believed before the trial that he was a murderer without ever seeing the discovery and cross examining him during trial. His charachter was strategically assassinated and was forced to play by the gag order to never be able to clear his name or explain what happened publicly during those very public accusations. Gag order did not result in fair trial and would have never because the public had made up their mind from the information that was leaked to the public. Whenever there is a diluted public opinion it doesn’t result in fair trial. I’ve read many times on multiple platforms that ppl wanted to lie just to get selected on to the jury so they could just Convict him during the trial. When you have people like these and know that there’s a good chance you won’t find open minded ppl then suicide is what occurs. The gag order was strategically only applied towards the defendant And it successfully got defense where they are now. His kids, his career, his right of free speech was taken away from him, a never before heard gag order, 6million bail that the judge wanted to double to 12 million was never heard of in CT for a serial killer let alone for someone who was accused of killing someone whose body hasn’t Even been found. I am a strong believer of sanctioning media from cases so accused could be presumed innocent until proven guilty in the courtroom and walk the earth without being hounded by media or people.
The trial must go on! What does his death have to do with the trial? Unless the trial was only to put someone under so much pressure that they simply eliminate themselves fully knowing that state and public has not even granted him his basic right of meeting his children and of free speech:

A life has been lost today, one was lost 9 months ago. if the accusations aren’t simply accusations then the state must prove themselves in the court of law that he murdered her BEYOND reasonable doubt! Change the law! If the state can arrest someone (and use our tax $$) for a missing person (they claim is dead) without a body in this particular case then I bet they can make exceptions to try it without a defendant. Yes we pay enough to our state to try both cases! No special treatment should be given to one party as it’s been for 9 months.
I’m sure they can make an exception like they did by applying gag order.

Im sure they can make an exception like they made an exception for a never before heard bond of 6 million.

If they can arrest his attorney for a shallow grave (of limes) where a human body has never been placed and attorneys wife is still alive then

we all deserve to know beyond reasonable doubt what exactly happened because NONE of this makes sense unless you have bias opinion. You can’t play the whole movie on tv and then turn it off right before the climax simply because the alleged villian died without explaining what really happened?

Right, why was he in possession of his wife's bloody clothes on 5/24?

You do realize that a killer is a killer, regardless of what a jury has to say, right?

Just look at OJ.
Should have scrolled on by to your response @MassGuy

so what’s next ? Trial for the other two for sure and I really would like the civil case wrapped up but the coward died married to Our Jennifer so he and his family better not get anything more - and I truly hope the stolen Farber money is recovered
JMO

I could be wrong but I can't imagine that you need a conviction against the primary actor on the underlying offense. What if the primary actor flees and can't be arrested/prosecuted? I don't think that means that the alleged accomplices can't be convicted. But I don't have a citation for it.

Some one answered here way up stream, that the death of a co-conspirator does not alter the case against the remaining co-conspirators.

I continue to let Pattis surprise me (almost) but I have to stop, take a deep breath and remember that, with every quote he gives to the press he's trolling for the next guilty client with deep pockets (or someone else to foot the bill).

He knows FD did unspeakable things and every day that he kept him out of jail was a victory but it was always about Pattis and furthering his career.

He could care less about FD's legacy as long as he keeps Pattis in the news. For him all publicity is good publicity.

I fully expect him to keep up the talk about an FD suicide note proclaiming innocence. Who would ever believe such a thing was real even if it was waved in front of us? Expect it to be sold to the highest bidder in the press.

About that trial for a dead man: The citizens of CT have spent far too much money allowing FD to play the system. No way should Pattis be allowed to keep this going.

100% his motivation. This is business to him. Not how I do it. Not how many do it. But it serves him well. He attracts clientele. A certain kind.

I have a lot of questions regarding this case. For instance, why would an innocent man be discarding items with JD’s blood on them all over Hartford just hours after she “disappeared”?

IMO I also have a lot of questions that’s why trial is STILl needed! If they can use our personal tax dollars on fighting a missing mom case who is presumed dead without a body then they must try to case with our $$ With him and now without him. Since state barred him from speaking then the trial shall tell us all believers and non believers.
I just don’t believe one side because there are always three sides to the truth, her side which everyone kn this forum and world believers, his side (that gag order was designed to allow him to speak until they had strategically formed a bias jury who have many times mentioned on social media that they would lie during jury selection just to convict him) and then the truth that should be proven BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.

they blasted this case on our tv 24/7 but now they want to drop it simply because he died? We need proof that She is dead! Find us her body! Prove us he murdered her or clear his name but complete the investigation. This investigation affected JD, FD, MT, KM, and their five kids, naybe MT daughter too and scarred us ct resident folks for the rest of our lives that a gag order can take away our liberties and clearly it FAILED because it did not lead to fair jury it actually lead to abettment of FD suicide. It striped him away of his very fundamental right of presumed innocent until proven guilty. You guys Team JD can’t a different stand opinions on this public blog then imagine how he must have felt IF he was innocent. That’s why if he was or wasn’t we need to have this trial!

Shortly before announcing Dulos’ death outside Jacobi Medical Center in New York Thursday, Norm Pattis filed an extraordinary motion seeking to substitute the estate of Dulos as the defendant in the case in what he said is an effort to clear his name. If Pattis were to succeed it would be a trial not only without the body of the victim but also without a living defendant.

In his motion, Pattis referred to Joan of Arc and an outlaw named Henry Plummer as examples of people in history who were tried posthumously and acquitted. However, neither is a Connecticut resident and what Pattis wants to attempt — by all accounts — has never occurred before in this state.
My gut would tell me the only remedy is dismissal,” said David Shepack, retired Litchfield State’s Attorney. “The person is deceased. You [the court] don’t have jurisdiction over the person.”

New Haven attorney William F. Dow was no less surprised by the move.

“Norm is an extremely creative attorney, without argument, but not all of his creations are substantial and worth pursuing,” Dow said. “It opens the door to much uncharted territory with very slender precedent, with due respect to Joan of Arc."

With Dulos dead, the next likely step in the case will be for Stamford prosecutor Richard Colangelo, who was named chief state’s attorney on Thursday, to file a motion to dismiss the murder charges against Dulos.

The prosecutions against his former girlfriend Michelle Troconis and attorney Kent Mawhinney, who both have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder, would continue. It is unclear how Dulos’ death will affect those cases.

But Pattis said rather than see the case against Dulos dismissed, he’d prefer to take it to trial and prove his dead clients’ innocence.

Fotis Dulos has died, but his lawyer wants to proceed with his murder trial anyway. Is that possible?
Alan Dershowitz (sp?) had sense enough to leave D.C. and head for Florida after embarrassing himself yesterday. Perhaps there's room in FL for Pattis?

Wh
There is no reason for the defense to say anything. In fact this is the only case I've followed where the defense lawyer has made more then one or two general statements before the trial. Why is it necessary for him to talk to the media at all?
IMO because the public had striped him away from his fundamental right if presumed innocent until proven guilty and if he really believed he didn’t do it then he should be allowed to use his freedom of speech to clarify his name during these very public accusations. Why were we so scared of hearing him say anything? It was his right if he had messed up then tv could have replayed those videos! Don’t show us a movie and cut the climax simply because the villian, protagonist, side actor died. Release the movie start the trial! Right now! Honor the dead to clear both of their names. Put our speculations to rest! Prove it state!

I don’t think they said how he ultimately died, but I’m assuming that they did pull life support.

The timing made sense, and the fact that Norm was lingering around the hospital all day, was a sign that today was the day Fotis was going to die.

Norm announced his death a few hours ago, and in typical Norm fashion, blamed the public.
Timing is everything. They pulled the plug just in time for the evening news.
Pattis would certainly have made sure of that.

I

interesting post. Can you elaborate?

Yeah. It appears wrong that narcissists don’t kill themselves:

“NPD is associated with greater risk of suicide death when compared to other personality disorders.”
Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Suicidal Behavior in Mood Disorders

Much more at link a lot of which is a bit complex for me to grasp!

This next one suggest to me that out of all the personality disorders narcissists are more likely to die from suicide attempts than other personality-disordered persons:

Suicide attempts of subjects diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder had higher expected lethality than those of subjects without narcissistic personality disorder (t = -4.24, df = 439, P < .001). There were no differences in expected lethality of the attempts when comparing subjects with and without histrionic personality disorder (t = 0.28, df = 439, P = .795), antisocial personality disorder (t = 0.66, df = 439, P = .504), and borderline personality disorder (t = 1.13, df = 439, P = .256), respectively. Suicide attempters diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder did not significantly differ from suicide attempters without narcissistic personality disorder in terms of impulsivity measures (t = -0.33, df = 442, P = .738), while suicide attempters diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder were significantly more impulsive than suicide attempters without these diagnoses (t = -3.96, df = 442, P < .001; t = -3.88, df = 442, P < .001; and t = -7.44, df = 442, P < .001, respectively).

CONCLUSIONS: Narcissistic personality disorder seems to be a distinct group among cluster B personality disorders with regard to suicidal behavior. In contrast to suicide attempters with other cluster B personality disorders, suicide attempters diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder are less impulsive and have suicide attempts characterized by higher lethality.
Specific features of suicidal behavior in patients with narcissistic personality disorder. - PubMed - NCBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member