Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am actually back in my home town of New Canaan for a few days to visit family for the holiday. I may come back again in January for business so I got to thinking about the trial scheduled for Jan 8 and should I try and schedule my time to allow a day or so at the trial.
So I got to thinking.., I do not believe the MT clan felt like they were going to not prevail on those last motions. Do they now feel more vulnerable and less cocky about a not guilty verdict ?
Jennifer had her people in the courtroom for most of the last week or so.
Does anyone think we will see a settlement before January 8 th? I cannot discount it but I also do not trust myself to be objective bc I feel a settlement serves the kids interests best. Just my opinion. I want whatever the Farber family wants though.
Wondering if there are any others thinking about this?
Thanks
JMO

So I am actually back in my home town of New Canaan for a few days to visit family for the holiday. I may come back again in January for business so I got to thinking about the trial scheduled for Jan 8 and should I try and schedule my time to allow a day or so at the trial.
So I got to thinking.., I do not believe the MT clan felt like they were going to not prevail on those last motions. Do they now feel more vulnerable and less cocky about a not guilty verdict ?
Does anyone think we will see a settlement before January 8 th? I cannot discount it but I also do not trust myself to be objective bc I feel a settlement serves the kids interests best. Just my opinion. I want whatever the Farber family wants though.
Thanks
JMO

Good on you and safe travels @waldojabba! :)

JLS was relying heavily on civil rights violations in his motions to suppress evidence where absent the evidence from MT's cell phone, each defense Motion to suppress was denied.

IMO, the three police interviews will convict MT of conspiracy charges. She lied to police to cover for FD during two different interviews. It took three tries for her to admit (forced by evidence) she did not see FD on the morning of 5/24, during the hours Jennifer was being murdered.

I don't know how they expected to dumb-down MT, an educated women, and even once a broadcaster on a National Network, did not understand English, when she communicated with her attorney, AB, sans interpreter!

IMO, MT let her chance to make the best plea deal for herself slip away as early as August 2019.

I'm not sure what OP means about a settlement. If the Estate filed wrongful death claim against MT, I missed it!

I was just thinking about a recent federal case prosecuted in Colorado where the co-conspirator girlfriend was sentenced to 17 years. (Girlfriend of PA Dentist Larry Rudolph who murdered his wife on Safari).

Personally, I don't need MT to go to trial. She can cut a last minute deal as long as she admits that she knew Jennifer was in grave danger on that Friday morning and did nothing to warn her or the police of what FD was planning. JMO

JLS was relying heavily on civil rights violations in his motions to suppress evidence where absent the evidence from MT's cell phone, each defense Motion to suppress was denied.

IMO, the three police interviews will convict MT of conspiracy charges. She lied to police to cover for FD during two different interviews. It took three tries for her to admit (forced by evidence) she did not see FD on the morning of 5/24, during the hours Jennifer was being murdered.

I don't know how they expected to dumb-down MT, an educated women, and even once a broadcaster on a National Network, did not understand English, when she communicated with her attorney, AB, sans interpreter!

IMO, MT let her chance to make the best plea deal for herself slip away as early as August 2019.

I'm not sure what OP means about a settlement. If the Estate filed wrongful death claim against MT, I missed it!

I was just thinking about a recent federal case prosecuted in Colorado where the co-conspirator girlfriend was sentenced to 17 years. (Girlfriend of PA Dentist Larry Rudolph who murdered his wife on Safari).

Personally, I don't need MT to go to trial. She can cut a last minute deal as long as she admits that she knew Jennifer was in grave danger on that Friday morning and did nothing to warn her or the police of what FD was planning. JMO
Thanks @Seattle1
I actually meant plea not settlement although I clearly said settlement !! I appreciate the feedback.
JMO

Thanks
JMO
I did wonder about this myself-but not sure that, at this point, the defense will make such a move. My opinion is that they did not necessarily expect to prevail on many, or even any of their motions-although I am not really surprised that they did with regard to MT’s phone-the police should certainly have been able to get a warrant so this did not happen, and it irks me. I personally do not doubt that the Troconis clan will continue to spew their lies about the illegality of the evidence that was not suppressed.

I need her to go to trial; she requires the associated humiliation for everything I believe she’s done, including her continued attempted defiling of Jennifer’s reputation.

@waldojabba , please take your family to the carol sing at the Congregational Church!

Haven't been in New Canaan since the late 60's, some things stay in your heart forever....

TY, Laughing

(I'd prefer whatever Gloria Farber & her team determine is best for the children.

OR --a big old GUILTY verdict,
plenty of pictures of unflattering prison jumpsuits,
and judicial take-down of the Troconis tribe!)

jmho ymmv lrr

Yes, the police interviews—I agree, will likely be part of the clincher.

I also wonder about DNA on (and in!) the two ponchos recovered from Hartford. Edit: AA only specifies JfD match. Hmmm. Edit 2: AA does indicate MT match on bag openings and bags taped together, though. AAs often leave out key info that comes to light during trial, amirite?

Michelle Troconis Arrest Affadavit

Combined with possible surprises from the witness stand.

Last edited:
@waldojabba , please take your family to the carol sing at the Congregational Church!

Haven't been in New Canaan since the late 60's, some things stay in your heart forever....

TY, Laughing

(I'd prefer whatever Gloria Farber & her team determine is best for the children.

OR --a big old GUILTY verdict,
plenty of pictures of unflattering prison jumpsuits,
and judicial take-down of the Troconis tribe!)

jmho ymmv lrr
MT's offense is not only against JFD and her family. While I understand attempting to consider harm from the perspective of family and close friends and associates of the victim, the crime cannot only be looked at within those limits and the burden for determining consequences doesn't lie upon their shoulders; the murder of JFD was an offense against the state and the laws of the state determine those consequences.

Civilized people who desire to live among other civilized people do not tolerate murder of innocent people (for personal gain or any other reason). Same with conspiracy to murder.

Yes, the police interviews—I agree, will likely be part of the clincher.

I also wonder about DNA on (and in!) the two ponchos recovered from Hartford. Edit: AA only specifies JfD match. Hmmm. Edit 2: AA does indicate MT match on bag openings and bags taped together, though. AAs often leave out key info that comes to light during trial, amirite?

Michelle Troconis Arrest Affadavit

Combined with possible surprises from the witness stand.
I can't believe the terrible trio didn't have burner phones. Would FD plan to drive to NC from Farmington with zip ties, bike, ponchos, etc., in an old truck, leaving his cell phone behind, and have no means of communicating with KM and/or MT, and what would happen if truck broke down or if he had an accident? Then again, if they did have burner phones, why did FD & MT have their regular phones with them when doing the dumping?

I can't believe the terrible trio didn't have burner phones. Would FD plan to drive to NC from Farmington with zip ties, bike, ponchos, etc., in an old truck, leaving his cell phone behind, and have no means of communicating with KM and/or MT, and what would happen if truck broke down or if he had an accident? Then again, if they did have burner phones, why did FD & MT have their regular phones with them when doing the dumping?
1. Absolutely they had burner phones IMO. In fact, I think that's what FD and KM's meat and greet the night before was for.
2. FD made a rookie error. Created his false alibi for exactly the span of time JFd went "missing". As in, I was on my phone in my office at the precise moment JFd was disappeared from her garage. Welp. He seems to be the only person who had advanced knowledge of when that would be.
3. FD didn't factor for an all day alibi, didn't think he needed one. Just going for a drive late in the day, nothing to see here...
4. How DID FD reunite with his phone that day? Michi step out of the shower long enough to run it to him? HE did not return to 4J midday IIRC...
5. FD brought zip ties. I think he intended to abduct JFd ...
IMO you don't bring zip ties to a conversation, you don't bring zip ties to a murder... you bring restraints to restrain.... I do believe he had a place prepared for her and control was his fuel.

JMO

1. Absolutely they had burner phones IMO. In fact, I think that's what FD and KM's meat and greet the night before was for.
2. FD made a rookie error. Created his false alibi for exactly the span of time JFd went "missing". As in, I was on my phone in my office at the precise moment JFd was disappeared from her garage. Welp. He seems to be the only person who had advanced knowledge of when that would be.
3. FD didn't factor for an all day alibi, didn't think he needed one. Just going for a drive late in the day, nothing to see here...
4. How DID FD reunite with his phone that day? Michi step out of the shower long enough to run it to him? HE did not return to 4J midday IIRC...
IMO you don't bring zip ties to a conversation, you don't bring zip ties to a murder... you bring restraints to restrain.... I do believe he had a place prepared for her and control was his fuel.

JMO
The nanny didn't say anything about garbage bags being missing? So where did FD put the bloody paper towels and clothing for the ride back? On that floor mat that went missing from where he dumped it in Hartford? And where did he get the garbage bags that he and MT were seen dropping off in Hartford? I mean, if he couldn't call MT (or KM) to get them. Possibly a builder keeps a supply of them, but would they have been at his residence? Wonder if LE matched those with unused ones they might have found at his sites. Will they have an expert to testify on the source of the garbage bags, as they did in the Melanie(?) McGuire case?

s

I am not certain what is best in terms of MT trial etc; seems one key objective would be some accountability for actions and possible recovery of JFD remains?

Somewhere above in this thread mentioned perhaps the estate of JFD had filed a wrongful death suit against MT or estate of FD? If so, maybe that is best short term approach.

If the prosecution for criminal or conspiracy acts on MT or KM still is not totally convincing or sure, let the civil action try to garner or obtain more facts? May be premature to press on the criminal cases. Often civil cases and where burden of proof are lower can elicit testimony and evidence to solve bigger matters. And with time, one tends to talk and more becomes evident. MOO

I wonder if these questions will be answered, at least in part, during MT’s trial?

JMO
All very good questions!

The nanny didn't say anything about garbage bags being missing? So where did FD put the bloody paper towels and clothing for the ride back? On that floor mat that went missing from where he dumped it in Hartford? And where did he get the garbage bags that he and MT were seen dropping off in Hartford? I mean, if he couldn't call MT (or KM) to get them. Possibly a builder keeps a supply of them, but would they have been at his residence? Wonder if LE matched those with unused ones they might have found at his sites. Will they have an expert to testify on the source of the garbage bags, as they did in the Melanie(?) McGuire case?

s
I saw that in the Melanie McGuire trial-and wondered if they’d do the same here.

I seem to remember MT bringing cleaning supplies including garbage bags to FD at the house where it seems Fotis drove Pawels truck back to after doing the deed. We saw that there was a tarp over the bed of the truck in one of the camera highway snaps from his return trip. It’s possible all the debris was stuffed under the tarp with the bike and JD. Then they did the rationing into bags after they got back to the house in Farmington and from there dispersed it all into random trash cans on Albany Ave.
Remember they also took Pawels truck to get detailed and thoroughly washed.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member