Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family says something ‘not adding up’ about Sterling teen’s disappearance

"It's very emotional its been a very long week," Rogers said. "We've all hit the point now where we're numb, we've all been searching day and night."

Rogers said TJ disappearing is unlike him and that something is not adding up.

"He rode his dirt bike every day, all the time, he would go off for a dirt bike ride and his mother would say be back by dark and he would be back by dark," she said. "He's not the type of kid that just got on his bike and took off, for a joy ride and isn't telling anybody, there's something wrong ."

Her son, Sean, said he's gone dirt biking with TJ before and he's experienced. "That was a thing he did regularly he knew these trails in sterling better than most people did."

Sean said everybody loves TJ and loves to be around him.

"I'm not gonna give up on him, i know he's out there and I'm gonna keep looking until I find answers."

On Tuesday and Wednesday, (12/27 12/28) hundreds of people, including State Police K9 teams, firefighters, the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, crews using helicopters and ATVs, as well as friends, family and neighbors, formed search parties to try to find the teen missing.

http://fox61.com/2016/12/29/hundred...ce-to-search-woods-for-missing-sterling-teen/

This kid got hurt worse than he originally thought. He sought shelter and got hidden away from the elements. Not going to be easy to find him.

Look for caves and alcoves. Any place hidden from the wind.

No and I think that's what's throwing people off. 3 different people:
1- text conversation
2- text conversation re:crash
3- text about crash at 3 pm

I guess it's safe to assume that the 2:30 phone activity reported today is the 3pm text regarding crash that was reported in link above with mom's interview?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

the story does say that the 2:30 activity was him making a call, but that could just be an assumption or sloppy reporting idk.

im probably not stating something correctly - but surely if you turn your phone off and go to bed, and someone texts you at 1am 3am and 5am, when you turn your phone on at 6am and get those texts you can see the times they were sent to you right?.

Yes, but if there is a problem with transmission such as bad reception it won't show up until it is finally transmitted from the sending phone, hence the timestamp change. I hope I am making sense here - Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Responding to my own posts...as I have to wonder what was texted before the sorry and sad faces. It appears to be the same day just hours earlier.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am somewhat local and know the general area, but have not been on the trails or ponds. I've been following this case very closely, since it's so close to home.

It's being reported here that the sad face was more or less an apology for not returning texts from TJ on Christmas. Nothing having to do with anything relating to this case.

The other text was a request to meet up for a short visit. He replied "I'm out". The other person said something like, out of the house or out of stuff?

There is A LOT of local speculation that there is much much more to this story than meets the eye. He was not out on a lazy trail ride. He had a decent amount of money with him. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post here, but I personally believe his leg injury was relatively minor. It is also my personal opinion that there are other people involved, and that he is likely not laying injured and unreachable in some remote corner of the woods. These trails have been searched and searched again by hundreds of people. Yes, there are some rural and deep woods places here, but not on a huge scale like you'd find out west. This is New England.

I am willing to add whatever the mods will allow. I don't know TJ personally.

This article was updated at 3 p.pm today.
Troopers say his cell phone records show that the last time his phone was used was at 2:30 p.m. They say it placed his location in the general area of Margaret Henry Road in Killingly.

I believe the most popular shown text was at 1:49 pm
Todd "T.J." Allen, 18, went missing on Monday afternoon. He went out dirt biking on his Honda XR100 in an unknown direction around 1 p.m., and sent a text message less than an hour later saying he'd fallen and hurt his leg:
"I just crashed."
"And my leg hurts."
http://fox61.com/2016/12/29/hundred...ce-to-search-woods-for-missing-sterling-teen/

I still haven't seen the 3rd text that is floating out there. Well not in MSM and I probably haven't read other resources enough I suppose.

I am somewhat local and know the general area, but have not been on the trails or ponds. I've been following this case very closely, since it's so close to home.

It's being reported here that the sad face was more or less an apology for not returning texts from TJ on Christmas. Nothing having to do with anything relating to this case.

The other text was a request to meet up for a short visit. He replied "I'm out". The other person said something like, out of the house or out of stuff?

There is A LOT of local speculation that there is much much more to this story than meets the eye. He was not out on a lazy trail ride. He had a decent amount of money with him. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post here, but I personally believe his leg injury was relatively minor. It is also my personal opinion that there are other people involved, and that he is likely not laying injured and unreachable in some remote corner of the woods. These trails have been searched and searched again by hundreds of people. Yes, there are some rural and deep woods places here, but not on a huge scale like you'd find out west. This is New England.

Hi chief! Do you know if the family/friends or locals are still doing private searches?

I think I get hung up on the wording both the police and reporters use. The 1:49 text has been reported so precisely, as the "last contact", and the context of the exchange is in MSM. The 3pm, IMO, is just a sore thumb:
"TJ texted one of his friends around 1:30 p.m. that day saying he had hurt his leg but didn't respond to subsequent messages, police and relatives have said. Another friend told the family that TJ had texted the same message at 3 p.m. "

Makes me wonder if they aren't able to verify the context of the 3pm text 100% . Just one of those things, pretty important given that its 1.5 hours(!!) after he initially texted anyone about a crash, that just doesn't fit and makes you go hmmmm.... :eek:verthinking:

There is A LOT of local speculation that there is much much more to this story than meets the eye. He was not out on a lazy trail ride. He had a decent amount of money with him. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post here.

Out on a drug buy or sell that went bad? Ugh ... if this is another drug case, I give up.

Is it the "I'm out" text that came in after the text where he said he hurt his leg? That's what I'm gathering. I wonder how long it took for his parents or LESS to get that info.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Is it the "I'm out" text that came in after the text where he said he hurt his leg? That's what I'm gathering. I wonder how long it took for his parents or LESS to get that info.

Out on a drug buy or sell that went bad? Ugh ... if this is another drug case, I give up.

Speculation here is that it is drug related.

It's my understanding that the hurt leg text was send to his 14 year old friend, who is not a gf, and also to his parents.

I will try to find the time of that other text. I'm overwhelmed with everything I've read today.

Don't forget, TJ is 18. He can stay "missing" if he wants to. I wonder if that is why LE is so closed lipped.

I will try to find the time of that other text. I'm overwhelmed with everything I've read today.

Don't forget, TJ is 18. He can stay "missing" if he wants to. I wonder if that is why LE is so closed lipped.
"Im out" text was in response to a request to meet up and that conversation began at 1:02. Hard to tell for sure but looks like there wasn't much time between the texts back and forth on that one.

I just crashed and my leg hurts was at 1:49

I think I get hung up on the wording both the police and reporters use. The 1:49 text has been reported so precisely, as the "last contact", and the context of the exchange is in MSM. The 3pm, IMO, is just a sore thumb:
"TJ texted one of his friends around 1:30 p.m. that day saying he had hurt his leg but didn't respond to subsequent messages, police and relatives have said. Another friend told the family that TJ had texted the same message at 3 p.m. "

Makes me wonder if they aren't able to verify the context of the 3pm text 100% . Just one of those things, pretty important given that its 1.5 hours(!!) after he initially texted anyone about a crash, that just doesn't fit and makes you go hmmmm.... :eek:verthinking:

I live in a very rural area where cell service is in and out depending on where you are. I can send a text to my mom and sister around the same time and if services is in and out they might get them at different times... even an hour apart. If he crashed in a bad service spot he could have sent two texts at the same time and they could have been received at different times. I know this from experience. If you only have one bar going in and out, you can't call but you might get a text through when service is in. As far as flip phones.. not all flip phones are burners. I see flips everyday (I work with elderly clients) and most of my clients have flip phones. I know a lot of younger men with flip phones like my son in law who is an avid fisherman and hunter. My father in law works construction and has a hard shelled flip because a smart phone could be broken easily. Maybe this kid had a flip to easily pocket while riding his bike and other out door activities. It might have just been a practical decision or maybe he couldn't afford a new smart phone. Living in a rural area, especially being a man it doesn't surprise me at all he had a flip. I don't know many "outdoorsy" active men with delicate smart phones.
Just my 2 cents.
Praying for his safe return. I have a bad feeling about those frozen ponds...especially since they haven't been able to find him anywhere else despite all the searches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Chief. I'm local as well and I just wanted to say that I completely agree with your assessment. I think that is now the running theory here.

Has anyone noticed that the bag and sweatshirt he supposedly had on when he went out riding is on his bed in the news interview with him Mom?

I always love it when the possible drug angle rears it's ugly head............that pretty much makes the sky the limit on what may have happened.

Meeting up on some hidden back-road in order to make a deal doesn't help to clarify things any, if anything, it just complicates things more. I've incorporated the information in post #307 as to the last position his phone was pinged. It triangulates almost perfectly with him heading towards Ross Pond that day.

So, if I go along with the out-for-a-buy theory, where would I meet up ? I found a perfect place, accessible with a dirt bike and also a good place to hide both a body and a motorcycle.
A gravel pit next to a large water source. It scales out as being about 1.3 miles away from the approx. place his phone pinged. I'm going to note it on the map as a possible "place of interest". It's secluded, accessible from all sides (on a bike), and would have a wide field of view from an upper vantage point. The one thing I don't know is if the gravel pit was open for operation the day after Christmas or not.

This is basically a shot in the dark, but I'm trying to think of a spot I would have been inclined to go to when I was 18 years old while out playing on my dirt bike. Gravel pits are always a huge draw, for different reasons. If a crime was committed, there is a wonderful place right next to the pit where both a body and a dirt bike could be completely hidden.......underneath the water.

Map here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sp8ToRC1oXf4TugFTSFOGfaubZY&usp=sharing

Hi Chief. I'm local as well and I just wanted to say that I completely agree with your assessment. I think that is now the running theory here.

Has anyone noticed that the bag and sweatshirt he supposedly had on when he went out riding is on his bed in the news interview with him Mom?

He was said to have a backpack and camo sweatshirt. Unless there's a photo or better description of what he's wearing, I don't think it's fair to speculate on. There's a grocery bag packed with items, but I believe that's what the mom brought in for the dogs.

But WHY would there be a drug deal gone wrong? If he supposedly had money on him, he would have paid for his drugs and gone on his way. Why would he be killed? Drug dealers have a vested interest in keeping their regular, paying clients alive. I realize this is a rumor, but it doesn't make sense to me.

I personally believe he was injured and succumbed to the elements.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back