Daily News Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whoa. That is a very, very strange statement.

What does Sharon Murch KNOW or, rather, what has she been told by law enforcement officials about Jaycee? Was Jaycee so traumatized that her personality "split", so to speak? Sounds like things are far, far, far from "normal" at the moment . . . sounds almost like deprogramming is needed.

Even, if, let's say, Michaela was there at the Garrido house and was introduced by another name, Michaela would still be "herself" . . . and would be recognizable from a photo, I would think.

I agree. Sharon Murch's plea is odd. It sounds like something you'd say to a girl who ran away, rather than one who was kidnapped.

Judging from the passage on Sharon Murch's blog (which was noted here yesterday), and from this interview with Dr. Phil, I would guess that law enforcement has suggested to her that the girls were made to do . .. unspeakable . .. horrifying things.

Jaycee's recovery will be a long, hard road. Please pray right now as you are reading this that she will come to know in her heart and soul that nothing she did, nothing that happened to her, was ever, ever her fault, and that she will heal and realize the promise of her life.

I actually don't find Sharon Murch's plea very odd. She's hoping against hope that her daughter was alive like Jaycee, and knows that if she is, whether she was ever with Garrido or anyone else, she is probably in at least as difficult a mindset or situation as Jaycee is and was. Jaycee now a woman of 29 (Michaela a little older) and feeling apparently resigned to her situation, even committed to it, in her way. She was, after all, "brought up" by Garrido and as her stepfather said, she's now feeling a bit guilty about the bond and that it was "a sort of marriage." So let's say you are Murch wishing your daughter is out there somewhere - you want her to know, that regardless of anything that happened to her or how she lives her life today, she is not "damaged goods" to her family, they will open their arms to her and she does not need to feel shame or reluctance to come forward. I think if I were Murch thinking there was a smidgen of hope that my daughter was alive and could hear me, I would just want to use the opportunity of this media coverage to say "no matter what, I love you" and I think that's all Mrs. Murch was trying to get at. Poor thing.

Okay, so I read above that Erika Pratt, the then girlfriend to the next door neighbor saw two four -year-olds in addition to Jaycee and an 11 year old and 15 year old. Still , nothing by LE has expounded on this. Yes, Pratt was sharp and reported Garrido, but there is not any more evidence about two four-year olds! As for Michaela's mom on Larry King Live last night: I read nothing overt or subliminal in her message to her daughter. It was just a plain ordinary plea stating that: "It doesn't matter, honey, what you were forced to do or whatever, I will always love you." She's just letting her know that she loves her child no matter what. I don't believe she knows any more than we do at this point. Just a heartbroken, desperate mom doing anything to get her baby back.

Okay, so I read above that Erika Pratt, the then girlfriend to the next door neighbor saw two four -year-olds in addition to Jaycee and an 11 year old and 15 year old. Still , nothing by LE has expounded on this. Yes, Pratt was sharp and reported Garrido, but there is not any more evidence about two four-year olds! As for Michaela's mom on Larry King Live last night: I read nothing overt or subliminal in her message to her daughter. It was just a plain ordinary plea stating that: "It doesn't matter, honey, what you were forced to do or whatever, I will always love you." She's just letting her know that she loves her child no matter what. I don't believe she knows any more than we do at this point. Just a heartbroken, desperate mom doing anything to get her baby back.
My fear is the potential grave the cadaver dogs hit upon maybe that of the younger girls...

I Know, I just have such trouble wrapping my head around the Jycee and her girls trauma as it is, but to "do away with others" as well? I just can't bear it! How in the living hell is Jaycee bearing it? My god! I hope she has a lot of professional help!

I'm waiting with baited breath for the results of Monday's news conferences. I want so much for the Misheloff family to have closure. I see her father regularly in my neighborhood and I feel so helpless when I see him, I don't know what to say and it creeps me out to learn the abduction took place in my community, in areas we frequent.

No, you are wrong. She still in a prison, just different jailors this time.

LOL, I prefer to think of where she is now a halfway house/treatment facility. It could even be an assisted living facility. She most likely can and does receive visitors and go places. But she is getting intensive support and treatment, with easy access to assistance if there are problems.

For all the parents involved, I feel so much empathy and sympathy! Psychosis or not! That BASTERD has ruined the lives of so many!

I received a clarification from Sharon Murch concerning the palmprint. The only thing for sure that be concluded about the palmprint is that it was not from Michaela or another family member. It may be from the kidnapper or some other adult who may have touched the scooter. Obviously, a match to a suspect would be a strong confirmation of that person'ss guilt, but a non-match should not be used to rule out a suspect.

LOL, I prefer to think of where she is now a halfway house/treatment facility. It could even be an assisted living facility. She most likely can and does receive visitors and go places. But she is getting intensive support and treatment, with easy access to assistance if there are problems.

Given the bizarre nature of this case, it is almost like protective custody. From the very beginning, a very sharp, quick thinking individual close to this case took the initiative to protect Jaycee and the girls from the media. As victim advocates we owe this person a deep debt of gratitude.

A safe house was arranged where a reunion could occur and healing and readjustment could begin. Everything we've seen regarding Jaycee has been carefully orchestrated. The step-father was immediately appointed the spokesperson because he was away from the situation, could be trusted to follow instructions in Jaycee's best interest and trusted not to be bribed. The aunt was also safe; again, like the stepfather, giving out just enough information to keep the dogs off and evoke public support and sympathy that would further pressure the media not to pursue. Make no mistake, Jaycee's entire family has been professionally guided and coached about the media. God bless the people who have stepped in to do this.

Without this highly guarded privacy, there would be no hope for Jaycee and her children to ever have even an inkling of a normal life.

As much as I may be curious, I hope we never see her face. Or if we do, I hope we have no idea who the smiling blond woman is.

One observation about the neighbors report, if she was the one that called it in, that was about three years ago, so the ages would be all wrong. That point makes the details a little suspect. However, assuming it is right, if Jaycee looked young for her age (and I assume all of these girls behaved like younger kids than they really were), the "15 year old" may have been her, with two of the younger ones being her children. That would still allow for another adult and another young child.

The step-father was immediately appointed the spokesperson because he was away from the situation, could be trusted to follow instructions in Jaycee's best interest and trusted not to be bribed.

I think the step father appointed himself as the spokesperson. I'm guessing he took on that role when she was kidnapped, but he is separated from Jaycee's mom now. He got told some personal stuff initially, but was cut out of the loop very early on. My read on that was that the family wasn't too thrilled about him blabbing to reporters.

I am confused. I thought she and her daughters were now living with Jaycee's mother at her house in Riverside, CA (?). How do you know how much therapy she is receiving, how often, and who is offering her assistance?

The mother's home is in Riverside (Southern California -- 6-8 hour drive away) but I think they are all still in the Bay Area in a secluded house location.

I think the comment about JC still being in another type of prison means that she still isn't completely "free"; she probably can't just walk around in public and act like a normal person. She hasn't healed enough to have a normal life. JMO.

I think the step father appointed himself as the spokesperson. I'm guessing he took on that role when she was kidnapped, but he is separated from Jaycee's mom now. He got told some personal stuff initially, but was cut out of the loop very early on. My read on that was that the family wasn't too thrilled about him blabbing to reporters.

I note that the step-father, Carl, has quickly dropped out of the media. He initially did a lot of interviews with the media and then suddenly, nothing. In one of the interviews it became obvious that he hadn't had any contact with Jaycee's mom since early on, shortly after she was reunited with Jaycee. At that time he had not seen or spoken to Jaycee. Then there was the interview with Jaycee's aunt, Tina.

I find myself wondering if Carl's media interviews were done with the approval of Jaycee's mother, Terry, or if Carl did those interviews on his own and without approval?

I note that the step-father, Carl, has quickly dropped out of the media. He initially did a lot of interviews with the media and then suddenly, nothing. In one of the interviews it became obvious that he hadn't had any contact with Jaycee's mom since early on, shortly after she was reunited with Jaycee. At that time he had not seen or spoken to Jaycee. Then there was the interview with Jaycee's aunt, Tina.

I find myself wondering if Carl's media interviews were done with the approval of Jaycee's mother, Terry, or if Carl did those interviews on his own and without approval?
I'm hoping he's allowed to re-connect with Jaycee. He's been through alot of unfair accusations, he attempted to go after the Garrido's, and he gave very accurate descriptions of them!

I am confused. I thought she and her daughters were now living with Jaycee's mother at her house in Riverside, CA (?). How do you know how much therapy she is receiving, how often, and who is offering her assistance?

We don't really know where she is. Hints in the media indicate that she initally stayed in a motel, then they said she was in seclusion. She could be at her mother's home, but I would guess that media are probably still staking that out.

When she went to the home with LE her therapist went with her. That leads me to believe that she is recieving emotional assistance. There will be a need for therapy not only for Jaycee, but also for her daughters.

Early on media reports indicated that they were looking for the best way to ease Jaycee and her girls back into the public. Media indicated that they would probably look to the Fritzel case for ideas. That girl went to a kind of halfway house and was given privacy, intensive therapy and lots of support. Something tells me that whatever the arrangements are for Jaycee and her girls, she is getting nothing less.

In one of the interviews it became obvious that he hadn't had any contact with Jaycee's mom since early on, shortly after she was reunited with Jaycee. At that time he had not seen or spoken to Jaycee.

That would be the Larry King show they dedicated to the Jaycee story. You could allmost see the guy squirming in his seat when King asked him if he had any further updates, and he had to admit that he hadn't spoken to them for a couple of days. It was pretty obvious what was going down, I felt kind of sorry for him but to be fair, he should have known better.

We don't really know where she is. Hints in the media indicate that she initally stayed in a motel, then they said she was in seclusion. She could be at her mother's home, but I would guess that media are probably still staking that out.

The last we heard, she was in an FBI safehouse. I imagine they will keep her there at least until the investigation is done for evidentiary purposes, to prevent contamination from news sources. Once the investigation is done, it will be up to the family to take care of her.

That is probably when the media will hunt her down, they can't really do it now because a guy with a badge will get in their face.

The last we heard, she was in an FBI safehouse. I imagine they will keep her there at least until the investigation is done for evidentiary purposes, to prevent contamination from news sources. Once the investigation is done, it will be up to the family to take care of her.

That is probably when the media will hunt her down, they can't really do it now because a guy with a badge will get in their face.

If the family wants to stay out of the press, they can accomplish that. From their initial response and their lack of interest to give updates or interviews, I think they just might decide to keep it that way. I am sure they could "sell" this story for a large sum of money, but at what price to their privacy is hard to guess. I would think just being together, recovering, moving on is more important to them right now than any amount of money.

It really is quite horrible to imagine the press "hunting" her down, isn't it? I bet those that know them best will do all they can to protect them.

It really is quite horrible to imagine the press "hunting" her down, isn't it? I bet those that know them best will do all they can to protect them.

Yes, but it is what will happen. It is in their best interests to manage that process IMO. Just running and hiding will end up being more damaging to them in the long run I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back