Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Adult time" is fine and great when your children aren't at home. Getting drunk while your children are present (asleep or not) is not intelligent in the slightest. Case in point.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

In my life, the phrases "adult time" and "getting drunk" don't belong in the same sentence. Getting drunk is something kids and alcoholics do.

Child protective services needs to swoop in and take both remaining kids immediately. Too many lies coming from the mouth of the drunk mother. I am beginning to side-eye the father now for standing by her and proclaiming they are stronger than ever. Barf!

The mother failed the LDT question of where Lisa is...says she will take another if needed. Says the drinking has nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance. Says police showed her burned clothes.

The dad says he never thought it was a cover up or accident...it's not possible. He didn't immediately realize that Lisa was gone. It's made them alot closer.

Mom says she feels they're gonna find her. She says when she's seen other cases like this she always suspects the parents but never again....

Paraphrased....from ABC interview with Dan abrams

wm

"It's a possibility" is a nice way of saying "Yes, but I don't want to look like the worlds worst parent on national TV" in my opinion.

:banghead:

I think it is a possibility it's a nice way of saying, "No, I was actually out hiding evidence and potentially blacking out gives me an excuse not to answer any questions about that time period."

I'm willing to have an open mind.

What plausible scenario involving an accidental death could have led to DB (or anyone else) covering it up & secretly disposing of her child's body, & claiming a kidnapping?

She put Lisa in bed with her and accidentally smothered her or Lisa fell between the mattress and the wall and smothered.

She accidentally gave Lisa an adult cough or flu medicine with dextromethorphan. Lisa, in an altered state of consciousness, aspirated on her own vomit and died. She may have had a seizure because of this medicine and died. She may have died from respiratory depression from this med. She may have literally drown in her own secretions because dextromethorphan suppresses the cough reflex and Deborah told interviewers that Lisa was sick.

She left Lisa unattended in the bathtub and Lisa drown.

She dropped Lisa on a hard surface (tile floor or against the side of the bathtub). This would be unlikely to kill Lisa, but maybe Lisa was unconscious and Deborah panicked and incorrectly assumed she was dead. I don’t want to think about the rest. :(

I didn't read all the pages here but has anyone thought that maybe she is saying she was drunk because that wine she bought was almost empty and DB is trying to protect the person that helped her hide Lisa. If DB doesn't admit to being drunk then she has to come up with a good explanation as to where all the wine went. Spilling it isn't an excuse because there would be traces that maybe she thinks LE would and should find in the house. DB knew that excuse wouldn't fly. There is a second person she is covering for!

okay trying not to read this thread because i want to take everything in the context it is said in, but can someone tell me if there is two interviews? because i am seeing good morning america and the today show. it's both?

She didn't seem concerned about the burnt clothes in the dumpster. I didn't know they found burnt clothes in the dumpster until I heard the interview this morning. Does anyone know anything about this?

okay trying not to read this thread because i want to take everything in the context it is said in, but can someone tell me if there is two interviews? because i am seeing good morning america and the today show. it's both?

Yes, two different interviews.

If there was nothing wrong with her having some adult time, WHY did she lie about it? Why fudge the time of last contact with the child? If you want to have your child found it helps to give the police correct information.

Didn't she say on national tele that she put Lisa to bed at 7:30? Now today she says 6:40?

Am I wrong?

Mel

Child protective services needs to swoop in and take both remaining kids immediately. Too many lies coming from the mouth of the drunk mother. I am beginning to side-eye the father now for standing by her and proclaiming they are stronger than ever. Barf!

Do we know they haven't? Has anyone seen the kids or reported them to be with Deborah/Jeremy?

If it's true that she won't let police interview her children again...that is hinky, hinky, hinky.

If she cares about Lisa, doesn't know where she is, and doesn't know what happened, then she would want trained experts to find out what her boys remember about that nite. Period.

Didn't she say on national tele that she put Lisa to bed at 7:30? Now today she says 6:40?

Am I wrong?

Mel

You are correct. She claims she checked on her a shor time later and Lisa was standing in her crib and she tucked her back in. I wish they asked her what time. Was that at 7:30 or at 10:30?:banghead:

wm

the mother failed the ldt question of where lisa is...says she will take another if needed. Says the drinking has nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance. says police showed her burned clothes.

the dad says he never thought it was a cover up or accident...it's not possible. He didn't immediately realize that lisa was gone. It's made them alot closer.

Mom says she feels they're gonna find her. She says when she's seen other cases like this she always suspects the parents but never again....

Paraphrased....from abc interview with dan abrams

wm

bbm :(

OH I see she is thinking her defense will be "I blacked out and have no memory of what happened" therefore she isn't guilty.

Wasn't there a case where a man killed his wife and he was so blacked out during his drunken stupor and was found innocent of murder? I cannot remember but I think there was a case something like that.

If she was drunk and something happened to Lisa, I don't get how she managed to cover it up so completely that Lisa hasn't been found.

Drunk people aren't that great at covering their tracks.

Maybe it's not as hard as we think. She just had to drive somewhere far enough that the police haven't searched there yet. They can't have been everywhere.

The interview could have gone very differently. They could have talked about the diapers in the abandoned home and worried that LE was dismissing the discovery, urged people to come forward with info about the homeless guy, distracted the attention from themselves... instead the focus was on her getting plastered and changing her timeline. Obviously she didn't cover her tracks completely successfully as her story is now starting to unravel, even though Lisa hasn't been found.

If she did do something to the baby, I can't figure out why the father would stand by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85