GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonblade.com/201...c-hotel-prompts-concern-among-lgbt-activists/

Murder of lawyer in D.C. hotel prompts concern among LGBT activists

You beat me to it, I was going to post the link too. No new info but a different angle and something to consider. Criminals, will target LGBT cruisers or lonely hearts, just to rob or scam them and if you are stepping out on your partner, chances are if you get robbed you won't report to LE.

Paul Tupper, chair of the D.C. group Gays and Lesbians Opposing Violence, said police sometimes alert LGBT community groups about instances of anti-gay violence but police have not contacted GLOV about the case of Messerschmitt’s murder.

“I certainly wouldn’t want to impede their investigation if it means being able to find this killer,” Tupper said. “But if the LGBT community at large is at threat and they’ve got credible suspicion of that I wish they would let us know.”

Rick Rosendall, president of the D.C. Gay & Lesbian Activists Alliance, said the Messerschmitt case has been the subject of discussion in gay community circles in his neighborhood on the 17th Street, N.W., strip where several gay bars and restaurants are located.

No offense meant toward you, but I'm queer and know a little about "straight" hook-ups.

Carradine and Hutchence (sp?) were both purportedly victims of auto-erotic asphyxia (getting turned-on by having your air/blood cut off).

If there is some kind of fetish involving getting stabbed to death, no one is around to have documented it.

None taken; when I said "things like this usually catch up with someone" I meant, hiding your activities (living a lie). I know the other 2 died from their fetish; I was saying there that it's too bad regular loving wasn't enough - in any or all 3 of these cases. He may not be dead if he had been able to live the way he wanted, JMO, that's how it seems to me. I think somebody wanted this activity stopped, it was affecting their life, IMO.

I ain't that down with internet lingo, but what does BBM mean?

I can only think of bisexual-black-male. If that's not the case, I'm a 35-yr/old cracker with a head injury back in the day and dunno WTF that means. Seriously.

Great thoughts! Thanks for sharing them :)

https://www.washingtonblade.com/201...c-hotel-prompts-concern-among-lgbt-activists/

Thanks for the link, a well written detailed piece.

By Lou Chibbaro Jr. / Washington Blade February 23, 2015

"The report says she told police “everything seemed fine” when they spoke by phone and that he later texted her about 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 9, saying he expected to be home about an hour later."

I had noticed the detail about "when they spoke by phone" earlier before specifically.

POI on stairs enlarged.jpgPOI  another angle.jpgPOI watcher behind him.jpgPOI on stairs .png

Attachments

• POI on stairs xx - Edited.png
    POI on stairs xx - Edited.png
    8 KB · Views: 311
I can see how someone would take pretty drastic measures if the threat of losing everything to a potential divorce was possible. I think anything is possible here though.

I have a question, don't know if it's been addressed or if it's known info, but do we know if DM was half-dressed, undressed, fully clothed? I'm thinking if this was a hook-up, he opened the door to a young, male Asian (which must be what he requested...??). I just don't see a hook-up going there with the intent to kill so I am leaning toward somebody wanted him dead, period - and they knew where to find him, what time to go there, etc. Hope more information comes out soon. Sounds like some serious hatred going on here IMO. So sorry for his family.

Just my two cents after reading as much as I could (while the Oscars are on) - but IMO this was not DM's first hotel room/hook up thing, I think he's been doing it for a while (probably some *advertiser censored* site). Somebody knew he lived this way and wanted it stopped, I think. No robbery only adds to that for me. Plus, I 100% feel this POI was notified when to go into the hotel, most likely hired by someone, JMO. Hope this doesn't offend, but to me, it wasn't anybody that cared about him or they wouldn't have left those sex items in view. From what I've read, he sounds like a great person to know, no matter what his preferences were - just a good guy. But somebody wasn't happy with him.

BBM. We don't know if he was robbed; we only know the perp left his credit cards strewn about, laptop, cellphone.

Perp could've very well taken cash. Bank records will show LE how much money DM withdrew--if any. I'm guessing he had a comfortable sum on hand, considering that these hookups can cost anywhere between $300-$500 per hour--more if a fetish is involved.

Also, most men who participate in this "hobby" have pay as you go phones--also known as "throw always"--so their wives can't track them and they can be discrete. DM could've had another phone taken.

I'm also curious why, if this was a robbery, the laptop wasn't taken. Was it password protected? Hidden in a laptop case, away from the perp's sight? Maybe the perp was in a rush to get the cash and leave or maybe he hears noise and was interrupted.

Detective Paris White told Daily Mail Online today that theft was not considered a motive because all of the victim's valuables, including his wallet, were left at the scene.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...se-seeking-person-interest.html#ixzz3SbHj4yBz

I don't think LE would say that robbery was not a motive unless they had good reason to. We haven't heard how much money, if any was left in the room, in his wallet, clothing, wherever.

LE has been known to be wrong before, however.

I have a question, don't know if it's been addressed or if it's known info, but do we know if DM was half-dressed, undressed, fully clothed? I'm thinking if this was a hook-up, he opened the door to a young, male Asian (which must be what he requested...??). I just don't see a hook-up going there with the intent to kill so I am leaning toward somebody wanted him dead, period - and they knew where to find him, what time to go there, etc. Hope more information comes out soon. Sounds like some serious hatred going on here IMO. So sorry for his family.

1) Can't find the link right now but he was partially clothed. I don't think we know which part. (I think we may be able to guess though)

2) Young, male asian? That's a female in that video. If it's not a female, I will hang up my sleuthing hat permanently. Even LE is going on the premise that's it's a female.

3) In some pics, the POI looks mixed Hispanic/black to me. Am I alone is this?

1) Can't find the link right now but he was partially clothed. I don't think we know which part. (I think we may be able to guess though)

2) Young, male asian? That's a female in that video. If it's not a female, I will hang up my sleuthing hat permanently. Even LE is going on the premise that's it's a female.

3) In some pics, the POI looks mixed Hispanic/black to me. Am I alone is this?

IMO the POI can be male or transgender, as well.
I'm not sold on female.

I went to CL and there are listings for fully functional transgendered who present as women. Most of the ones I read ask for presents, which it assume is code for money. I am not looking forward to explaining my search history on this one.

I went back to the video and watched it 3 more times; I'm going with male. What I can't figure out is what was DM doing from 5:30-7:30? Making a date? I wouldn't think it would take 2 hours but I don't know squat about that world. Did he answer the door in his skivvies? Or was the action about to take place? If that's the case, the perp could have not had that snow suit on, wiped off the blood, got dressed back in the baggy clothes without leaving too much evidence?? I have no clue, just thinking out loud.

I went to CL and there are listings for fully functional transgendered who present as women. Most of the ones I read ask for presents, which it assume is code for money. I am not looking forward to explaining my search history on this one.

What's CL? Creative Loafing? Your post made me smile, thanks.

CL = Craigslist.

Which some peruse while creatively loafing, I bet!

We all understand, a couple years ago, we talked about making emergency ID bracelets with the message "delete my browser history"

I vote "undecided" on the sex of the person in the video. You know they also have entrance, exit & hallway pics & maybe some angles make it clearer. Everything about this one is a mystery.... well almost everything.

I went back to the video and watched it 3 more times; I'm going with male. What I can't figure out is what was DM doing from 5:30-7:30? Making a date? I wouldn't think it would take 2 hours but I don't know squat about that world. Did he answer the door in his skivvies? Or was the action about to take place? If that's the case, the perp could have not had that snow suit on, wiped off the blood, got dressed back in the baggy clothes without leaving too much evidence?? I have no clue, just thinking out loud.

Colleagues say he left office around 5.30. If you consider short journey time to hotel, check in and even a quick shower? That's at least 30 minutes. We don't know if he arranged the hook up prior to arriving at the hotel. Let's say he didn't, it could be another 30 minutes even an hour of scrolling thru web sites. Realistically I'd say about an hour, taking into account a lot of SW's don't always answer their phones, so you have to wait for call back.

Regardless of it being per-arranged or not, SW's are notoriously tardy, so him waiting until after 7.30 is par on the course.

Like everyone else, I'm thinking out loud.

We all understand, a couple years ago, we talked about making emergency ID bracelets with the message "delete my browser history"

I vote "undecided" on the sex of the person in the video. You know they also have entrance, exit & hallway pics & maybe some angles make it clearer. Everything about this one is a mystery.... well almost everything.

Have any more videos of the POI been posted, besides the one we've seen posted on WS? The POI could not have been waiting too far from the hotel for a while, it seems to me, in a car or place, about ten minute walking distance range, maybe?

If it wasn't a botched robbery, I'm going back to the traditional motives for murder. You've got jealousy, money, extreme dislike. Any others?

Then there's the sexual sadist who seeks sexual gratification and thrill from inflicting pain--the more, the better. Most serial killers are sexual sadists.

Could it be possible this person is a--gulp--burgeoning serial killer? :thinking:

I didn't see that article yet as I'm pretty busy during the day.

I wonder if DM had an underworld connection of some sort.

Professional underworld assassins are aware hotels have cameras and would have been a bit more discrete.

I am fairly certain that there is a lot more surveillance footage than what we have seen. Both, from, the hotel and the street. Everything in DC is recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties