GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned "revenge" in an earlier post... would you want to expound?

I was responding, to a post but didn't quote the post. Doy!
The question was about motive.
The fact that this was overkill and he was literally stabbed in the back suggests revenge, IMO

Am i reading things wrong or missing something...
I read above that someone said his wife saw him at 9:30 Sunday morning?

Is that correct?

Yesterday, I read he checked into the hotel around five on Monday evening?

Do I have the days mixed up?

Just some thoughts on the knife angle, I think.... 1 That DM trusted, to some degree, the individual who stabbed him (turned back). 2 That the individual is likely not very experienced stabbing people (only takes two stabs to kill someone, unless the knife is small). 3 They possibly used the knife for quietness vs. intimacy. Also, in a bitter irony, I realized Messerschmitt means 'knife smith' in German. :(

Oh boy. Lots of information released.

So they have the cell phone. That's good. Also, finger prints are underlined.
Can anyone make out what is written after the enema?

Heartbreaking. I hope LE solves this quickly.

BBM I've been staring at that word too. I did find that there are some sports shoes called "Roc Outs" (http://www.amazon.com/Rocawear-Mens-Shoes-Black-rm1208-980/dp/B00K0XNLK8). Could that be it?

Here again is the link to the warrant for others who want to strain their eyes :) http://www.scribd.com/doc/256207246/Search-Warrant-Affidavit-Donovan-Hotel-Homicide

Receipt?

Some people's handwriting I can't read with a magnifying glass and a guidebook, but I can make out some of this.

It also says something about identifying documents in the typed part. Could that mean a receipt with his name/card-#/etc?

BBM I've been staring at that word too. I did find that there are some sports shoes called "Roc Outs" (http://www.amazon.com/Rocawear-Mens-Shoes-Black-rm1208-980/dp/B00K0XNLK8). Could that be it?

Here again is the link to the warrant for others who want to strain their eyes :) http://www.scribd.com/doc/256207246/Search-Warrant-Affidavit-Donovan-Hotel-Homicide

I don't think it would be a brand-name like that. The only brand-name really used was for the HP Computer. The (types of) credit cards weren't mentioned. The political signs (plackards?) weren't detailed more than as a plackard. I don't think they would describe those as anything more detailed than "tennis shoe" given the other non-specifics.

I don't think it would be a brand-name like that. The only brand-name really used was for the HP Computer. The (types of) credit cards weren't mentioned. The political signs (plackards?) weren't detailed more than as a plackard. I don't think they would describe those as anything more detailed than "tennis shoe" given the other non-specifics.

I find the "plackard" quite confusing also. I highly doubt it was a political sign--I'm guessing it was the sign that's usually posted on the inside of a hotel room door. The police saw the room before they wrote the search warrant so maybe some things are included because they had blood on them?

I agree with your assessment about brand-names but I thought it was possible that a lot of people might know those shoes by that name. A while back people always talked about Timberlines (or something like that--Timberlanes?--kids were occasionally getting robbed of this particular type of shoe) and I think many would have used the brand rather than say "boots" then. The fact that "RocOuts" doesn't get a ton of google hits makes me think you're right.

I really want it to say "receipts" but can't quite see that.

Is there footage from any of the other cameras in/around the building?
I'm sorry if I missed it. I looked over the thread earlier and there's 5+ new pages since then, so I might have missed if this was discussed.

And all of the gender confusion made me think about The Crying Game. I technically watched it years ago, but all I remember is that it had something to do with some IRA-ish people and "that part."

Also, I didn't note the weather being mentioned. Here in central Kentucky, been as warm as you could ever expect and then plunging to record lows a few days. I just don't know what the temps were in DC on that day. If it was a colder day, the boy/girl on the steps looks like they're either going somewhere in the hotel or to a waiting vehicle. If that were so, they could look at the cars leaving (i.e. from traffic light camera or something).

Some of the stuff (condoms, lube, and enema) could have been planted by the killer.

razors?? that's what it looks like to me when I enlarge it

May just be. It would fit along with some of the other stuff found, at least (i.e. shaving up down there). Whoever taught the cop handwriting must've been blind!

Some of the stuff (condoms, lube, and enema) could have been planted by the killer.

Anything is possible, but this seems doubtful. A man in a hotel room when his house is three miles away isn't there to meditate. The items found are consistent with a "specialty" sexual tryst. MOO.

If this is a true sex worker vs. murderer (only), this individual might be found online advertising in that area. I started to see if I could find anything using various descriptions, but quickly decided this would be best left to LE. Hopefully they are looking at that possibility.

I see razors too, which would make sense given the other hygiene products.

Is there footage from any of the other cameras in/around the building?
I'm sorry if I missed it. I looked over the thread earlier and there's 5+ new pages since then, so I might have missed if this was discussed.

And all of the gender confusion made me think about The Crying Game. I technically watched it years ago, but all I remember is that it had something to do with some IRA-ish people and "that part."

Also, I didn't note the weather being mentioned. Here in central Kentucky, been as warm as you could ever expect and then plunging to record lows a few days. I just don't know what the temps were in DC on that day. If it was a colder day, the boy/girl on the steps looks like they're either going somewhere in the hotel or to a waiting vehicle. If that were so, they could look at the cars leaving (i.e. from traffic light camera or something).

Hi bfl, it's been fairly cold in the DC area most of this winter, but I was thinking the bulky appearance of the poi doesn't fit with that persons lean-looking face, Along with the conspicuous absence of footage of any escape, I'd be willing to bet this person did the deed, took off a bloody outer layer of clothes, tossed them or stuffed them into a backpack, let down their hair and walked out later with an altogether different appearance. jm.02.

Hi bfl, it's been fairly cold in the DC area most of this winter, but I was thinking the bulky appearance of the poi doesn't fit with that persons lean-looking face, Along with the conspicuous absence of footage of any escape, I'd be willing to bet this person did the deed, took off a bloody outer layer of clothes, tossed them or stuffed them into a backpack, let down their hair and walked out later with an altogether different appearance. jm.02.

I agree, and I'd bet a lot of money there's plenty of other CCTV footage we're not seeing. Unless the murdered somehow had access to disable the cameras, it's not very bright to commit a murder in a high-end hotel that's sure to have multiple surveillance cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousWhiskers