GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered why they took the placard, assuming it was the one described in the search warrant to the left or right of the door (with the silver-colored doorknob) to room "400" on it. I'm also guessing that room "400" will be impossible to "rent" to the locals given the murder and bloody description of the crime scene.

I'm not often afraid but I can't tell you how many times I've checked into a hotel (4 stars and fewer) and wondered if a murder has occurred in the room I've just purchased for the evening.

I'm basing my hypothesis on various studies about criminal profiling, specifically when the victim has literally been stabbed in the back. You can Goog it, and read various theories, all which seem to point to that specific manner of stabbing to be personal. Who knows, one theory.

Sounds right to me, quite a mess, and from the looks of the POI, quite prepared for a mess.

it is Angela Lansbury playing Jessica fletcher. I watch her every day. one of my favorites.

Yes I know. I was just killing 2 birds with one stone. Lol. Lets not forget good Quincy either. I love his show as well. CSI IS BASED FROM IT I THINK.

Social geolocation networking could also be a factor. Sites like grindr or tindr provide quick opportunities for hooking up with people who are available at a moments notice in your location. He might have posted and thought he got no hits causing him to tell his wife he as on his way home. As he was leaving, he might have been contacted. JMHO.

Social geolocation networking could also be a factor. Sites like grindr or tindr provide quick opportunities for hooking up with people who are available at a moments notice in your location. He might have posted and thought he got no hits causing him to tell his wife he as on his way home. As he was leaving, he might have been contacted. JMHO.

I thought of this, too...

I have also read criminal profiling books--one is "Dark Dreams"--and I know that this is a popular hypothesis but it often proves untrue. I think the stabbed in the back technique was used to take the victim by surprise; I don't think it means anything on a symbolic level.

But yeah, JMO.

That's what I think too. Otherwise face to face he fights her. This way stabbed quickly before he can react. No reports of screaming or yelling that night.

Whatever means of communication (CL, BP, Grindr) they had... I just hope the perp can be found.

Whatever means of communication (CL, BP, Grindr) they had... I just hope the perp can be found.

I think the perp will be caught.
DC is camera land! There is a camera everywhere you look and many that are hidden.

Lawyer killed at Donovan hotel will be laid to rest this weekend
ABC 7 News / WJLA Published on Feb 19, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4EEuR-sqAs

Search warrant reveals new details in grisly D.C. hotel murder
By Tom Roussey, Brianne Carter February 19, 2015 - 08:19 pm

Messerschmitt will be laid to rest this weekend in Cincinnati. According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the lawyer had two brothers and was an uncle to nieces and nephews who “adored him.”

David Messerschmitt Scholarship Fund set up in his honor
https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=aac3d4

http://www.jdjournal.com/tag/david-messerschmitt/

If he checked in under his own name, then, I can see him using his own phone.

I don't know what's been uncovered since I looked on here, but he was "up to something" and you never can tell at this point.

I don't know what's been uncovered since I looked on here, but he was "up to something" and you never can tell at this point.

Still a murder of a promising young lawyer, whatever the hotel room was for, whether he really sent the text or not, that's not going to change who killed him.

I hope his family and friends soon see day the killer is caught and may David Messerschmitt rest in peace.

I'm not often afraid but I can't tell you how many times I've checked into a hotel (4 stars and fewer) and wondered if a murder has occurred in the room I've just purchased for the evening.

I live in London and only became aware of this on Tuesday while tweeting with a follower from my neighbourhood, who just happened to be at The Donovan. Been following it ever since and can't decide if it was random or arranged.

So the search warrant was written to include "any and all weapons to include cutting instruments," and I'm sure that was included in the event that they found the murder weapon at the scene. Or they included it because they knew the murder weapon was there? The property taken does not seem to include a murder weapon unless the R word is the murder weapon? Also, what do we think the last item is? That starts with a K?

So the search warrant was written to include "any and all weapons to include cutting instruments," and I'm sure that was included in the event that they found the murder weapon at the scene. Or they included it because they knew the murder weapon was there? The property taken does not seem to include a murder weapon unless the R word is the murder weapon? Also, what do we think the last item is? That starts with a K?

Keys?

I think the last item on the list starting with K is keys

:welcome4:

Glad you're both pitching in. It does seem like a "K" to me as well.

I live in London and only became aware of this on Tuesday while tweeting with a follower from my neighbourhood, who just happened to be at The Donovan. Been following it ever since and can't decide if it was random or arranged.

Any feedback from your friend's stay at the hotel? Impressions?

Wow "Keys" his handwriting is atrocious, but I guess I can see Keys. Lol this case piqued my interest because I lived right where he grew up in Cincinnati for 13 years. He is being buried a mile from my old house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasongeo2