GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone wanted him publicly humiliated and dead. IMO

And they succeeded on both accounts.
And this is why I keep going back to my notion of a professional hit. That was a well planned and carried out maneuver. I don't see an angry novice pulling this off.

And, we may be getting distracted by the sex element, which is always the centerpiece of human curiosity. But, is this a red herring? I'm going to suggest again that this wasn't about sex, it was about a large debt that wasn't paid. I think forensics on his finances will refute or confirm my suspicion. My first thought is always drugs, even though he doesn't "look the type". SPECULATION ONLY.

Let's just say if you wanted to get rid of someone and you couldn't do it at that person's home or where they work, where else might you go? What are their hobbies? Do they run, go to the gym, where could you find them...?? Favorite bar? Am I out of line? I've just come home from one of our favorite bars/food joints, so I apologize in advance for not being thoughtful. Sometimes I think this is a love triangle and maybe husband didn't really want to change his living situation? Somebody was tired of waiting?? Somebody throw me a line (before I get time out).

And they succeeded on both accounts.
And this is why I keep going back to my notion of a professional hit. That was a well planned and carried out maneuver. I don't see an angry novice pulling this off.

And, we may be getting distracted by the sex element, which is always the centerpiece of human curiosity. But, is this a red herring? I'm going to suggest again that this wasn't about sex, it was about a large debt that wasn't paid. I think forensics on his finances will refute or confirm my suspicion. My first thought is always drugs, even though he doesn't "look the type". SPECULATION ONLY.

I do think "love" has more to do with this than sex, debt or drugs - reeks of a set up to me. Just had to go back and read a few quotes and this stuck out to me. Hoping we hear something about finances or fingerprints/dna soon. I do not like that this happened to this man, feel like he could be my brother!

Anyone here could have written that article. And better, too. What a waste of 3 minutes. lol

Sorry - I received the article thru Google alerts and wasn't able to read it before posting it as I was at work at the time.

Let's just say if you wanted to get rid of someone and you couldn't do it at that person's home or where they work, where else might you go? What are their hobbies? Do they run, go to the gym, where could you find them...?? Favorite bar? Am I out of line? I've just come home from one of our favorite bars/food joints, so I apologize in advance for not being thoughtful. Sometimes I think this is a love triangle and maybe husband didn't really want to change his living situation? Somebody was tired of waiting?? Somebody throw me a line (before I get time out).

Pretty much what I said on page 28 I think.

A woman was said to have been interviewed by LE, IIRC, in early MSM coverage.

Was it common for him to get a room at this hotel?
If he was set up, how would he be talked into renting a room?
Was he in the habit of meeting some one there?

That's what I've been wondering - I just can't see it.

Sorry - I received the article thru Google alerts and wasn't able to read it before posting it as I was at work at the time.

I'm sorry, Blondie! i didn't mean you were remiss in posting it, just that it was unfortunate that there was no new info in the article. But I stand by my comment that we could have written the article better- I think we know more about this case than reporters. lol

Since there isn't much happening in MSM, and we can't discuss certain topics here, there's not much to say :(
Other than, I hope LE is making progress in whatever they are doing.

Just IMO - but I don't think this was his first time for a hook-up. I'm thinking somebody just found out about it and didn't want to live that way?? Someone said at the very beginning she thought she knew who it was (have no idea how!) and that it was a female who was friendly to both the Mr. & Mrs. and that they had been having an affair for a long time. I don't buy that. I personally think it was an ad answered for a young Asian male. Now whether the date had occurred or not, we don't know.
I know that I can look at my checking account or American Express and see what my or hubby's pending charges are, and that would tell me where he is or was in the last day or so. He had to leave some kind of electronic trail. I'm just wondering if it was the date or if was someone who knew he was there. I never know when what I'm going to say gets me in trouble or not, so will stop at that.

Just based on the cost and swank factor of the hotel, I'm inclined to think it was a longer term relationship than a hooker, and I think a second party to the "girl/boyfriend got jealous...

I'm sorry, Blondie! i didn't mean you were remiss in posting it, just that it was unfortunate that there was no new info in the article. But I stand by my comment that we could have written the article better- I think we know more about this case than reporters. lol

No problem....it's all good! Thanks Spamelope!

I would think that having a brutal back stabbing unsolved murder at the Donovan would make frequent guests quite uneasy. I wonder what staffs' line is to inquisitive guests. I mean, it is an unsolved murder. LE is not addressing publically.

I would think that having a brutal back stabbing unsolved murder at the Donovan would make frequent guests quite uneasy. I wonder what staffs' line is to inquisitive guests. I mean, it is an unsolved murder. LE is not addressing publically.
I doubt guests are concerned. This doesn't seem random. Even if this was random, there's no indication that this specific hotel is the only hotel the killer would strike, if again at all. People will only worry if it becomes a serial murderer. One murder of a guy who was likely cheating on his wife doesn't send off "random" or "serial" in most people's minds.

It may not be random but it still happened and is unsolved. I would not want to stay in that room or really on that floor. But that is just me.

Just IMO - but I don't think this was his first time for a hook-up. I'm thinking somebody just found out about it and didn't want to live that way?? Someone said at the very beginning she thought she knew who it was (have no idea how!) and that it was a female who was friendly to both the Mr. & Mrs. and that they had been having an affair for a long time. I don't buy that. I personally think it was an ad answered for a young Asian male. Now whether the date had occurred or not, we don't know.
I know that I can look at my checking account or American Express and see what my or hubby's pending charges are, and that would tell me where he is or was in the last day or so. He had to leave some kind of electronic trail. I'm just wondering if it was the date or if was someone who knew he was there. I never know when what I'm going to say gets me in trouble or not, so will stop at that.
Well since no one has provided any foundation which establishes that it was a hookup, I think your imagination is getting the focus and the facts we know are taking a back seat..

Well since no one has provided any foundation which establishes that it was a hookup, I think your imagination is getting the focus and the facts we know are taking a back seat..
Just exactly why do you think a married man would rent a hotel room within commuting distance to where he lives without his wife knowing about it?

I know that I can look at my checking account or American Express and see what my or hubby's pending charges are, and that would tell me where he is or was in the last day or so.
Some spouses have secret accounts. Prior to electronic records, they'd have the bank statements sent to their offices.

He had to leave some kind of electronic trail.
No, it's entirely possible to not leave an electronic trail. There's a little thing called cash. Hotels actually accept cash without requiring a credit card deposit.

I'm just wondering if it was the date or if was someone who knew he was there.
The date could have been someone he knew. He could have had a girlfriend. He could have been a regular for a particular prostitute.

I never know when what I'm going to say gets me in trouble or not, so will stop at that.
Why would this get you in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members