GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her name is Jamyra Gallmon. From her own words on Twitter on March 10, 2015:

Into making money I aint into making friends

Sounds like a wanna be 'gangsta'. Apparently not a very good one.

Well i knew it was a female from day 1. I wonder who sent the text. Maybe he sent it once he saw <modsnip> girl.

WOW - the thread took off and I am just catching up - very glad to hear of an arrest!
I see holes in her story about her MO and what she said happened.

RSBM...
This is the bit that interests me from the court document - whom did she have a 9 minute phone call with after the murder?

View attachment 72202

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/criminal-complaint-against-jamyra-gallmon/1508/

Sorry but I did intentionally snip the last part - but I am interested too as to whom she spoke to.
Looking at the List of the calls from the defendants phone on the record ... I think those calls and times are significant, and I also see on the report the omission of to who the calls were placed to.
I doubt (JMOO) that the calls were to DM, as 'she' was supposed to be a 'he' and the voice would give her away.
So I wondered too Mountain Misst, who were the calls too, and what they were about.

6.30:07pm - 6.30:10pm (3 seconds duration) - area: defendant's home

7.47:34pm - 7.48:20pm (46 seconds duration) - area: 1 block from scene

10.40:13pm - 10.49:22pm (8 min & 51 sec duration) - area: in the time frame that the homicide occurred.

1)Getting ready 2)I'm here 3) Its done
(just my assumption) :dunno:

Yes it's premeditated murder. The plan was to kill if it came to that point. She doesn't look like she can shake people down without a weapon.

Yes it's premeditated murder. The plan was to kill if it came to that point. She doesn't look like she can shake people down without a weapon.

I think there was way too much emphasis placed on the (bad) disguise to say anything else but pre-meditated -
and I think the padding in the jacket may have been not only to bulk herself up, but also for self protection if she was counter attacked.
Looking at the entire outfit is a feat in itself - I noticed what I think to be the cylindrical inserts in the jacket which cover her arms (and her torso), and maybe she wore it to stop any other fluids being on her as well.
In the screenshot - you can see the real width of her arm at the elbow where the jacket clings to her arm and the padding ... her elbow and arm are thin in comparison to the bulk she is wearing.

padding.JPG

I would say she had a change of clothes under that waterproof jacket -
I wonder where the clothing and padding really ended up?
It would seem to me it was a bit more than a few clothes in a bag.

Clothing list.JPG

This happens more frequently than one might think. Sexuality is a complex thing. So are marriages. Many times, a spouse may not be into or be able to provide what the other partner needs, yet they love each other enough to overcome that difference. Rather than toss what otherwise may be a loving and beautiful marriage, they resign themselves to allow the other spouse's indulgences. For example, look at wives of cross-dressers. Many of them find out and just overlook it, even encourage their husband to do it discreetly or even openly. That may or may not be a good comparison, as I am not sure if cross-dressing is considered a sexual thing for all, but it surely is for some. We have friends in this very situation.
What is upsetting to me, right or wrong, is that the risky behavior he was allegedly engaging in put his wife at risk too. But...as someone pointed out the other night, that may have been okay with her. If she was unaware, it would be upsetting to me. But who knows?
One reason that leads me to believe she may NOT have been aware is the use of a burner phone. The only way I could get around that conclusion is that if his normally used phone was provided by his employer and they would be able to see what he was up to with it.

Not to continually rehash this, but I had to throw in my two cents to say I agree.

My parents had been married 30 years when my dad "came out" to me and my brother. My mom knew for ten years prior and they BOTH chose to stay and attempt to make their marriage work because they both benefitted from it. However, my mom went nutty and threatened to out him and so he was forced to tell us so that it could be HIM that told us.

I feel so sad about this situation because, selfishly, it hits close to home. I immediately thought, "this could have been MY dad..." It's sad to me that even in this day and age, people still can't be themselves. It breaks my heart that David's choices and J's ....whatever you'd call it ultimately ruined at least 2 families.

Noting the time JG was in the room, 7:45, until the presumed time 10:?? that she left, that is a long time for a robbery. She must have been convincing for quite some time that she was a he! IMO.

Of course, LE knows exactly what time she left as they saw her on video IIRC.

Also, I doubt she rode the bus in those clothes. Wonder where she changed out of them?

He had finger cuffs on... he was in a very vulnerable position, hardly able to mount an offensive attack. imo

The finger cuffs are what gets me too.....If things really happened how she says it did (self defense), the cuffs make no sense. He certainly didn't put them on himself after she left. So either someone else came in the room after she killed him, found him dead, put finger cuffs on him, and left without reporting it, or she is lying.

Some people like the secrecy of a "double life" Imo or find it adds to the excitement of encounters. Being bi-sexual is not a crime or even always an issue that has to be kept secret anymore, Imo. Way back in the early eighties, I worked as secretary to a hotel manager who was gay and had a fairly wild private life. He thought no one knew but I soon found out that even his bosses knew, but he was so good at his job that it did not matter.

Still...my gut feeling is that his wife was not aware of this side of DM. But it is possible she knew going into the marriage and accepted him as he was. People marry for a variety of reasons.

Jmo

The finger cuffs are what gets me too.....If things really happened how she says it did (self defense), the cuffs make no sense. He certainly didn't put them on himself after she left. So either someone else came in the room after she killed him, found him dead, put finger cuffs on him, and left without reporting it, or she is lying.

$20 says she's lying. IMO

Noting the time JG was in the room, 7:45, until the presumed time 10:?? that she left, that is a long time for a robbery. She must have been convincing for quite some time that she was a he! IMO.

Of course, LE knows exactly what time she left as they saw her on video IIRC.
Where did you get that she was there for hours? Did you just pick 10:?? out of the blue? Or did you see somewhere that she left sometime after 10:00 pm?

I think there was way too much emphasis placed on the (bad) disguise to say anything else but pre-meditated -
and I think the padding in the jacket may have been not only to bulk herself up, but also for self protection if she was counter attacked.
Looking at the entire outfit is a feat in itself - I noticed what I think to be the cylindrical inserts in the jacket which cover her arms (and her torso), and maybe she wore it to stop any other fluids being on her as well.
In the screenshot - you can see the real width of her arm at the elbow where the jacket clings to her arm and the padding ... her elbow and arm are thin in comparison to the bulk she is wearing.

View attachment 72241

I would say she had a change of clothes under that waterproof jacket -
I wonder where the clothing and padding really ended up?
It would seem to me it was a bit more than a few clothes in a bag.

View attachment 72242

Regarding the jacket, a few thoughts...
My husband I are bikers. Not big bad bikers, but old fogey bikers, lol. He drives, I ride. I have a black and purple motorcycle jacket that isn't a leather and doesn't look like a biker jacket. However, it does have armor inserts in the arms that I've taken out (they slide in and out of a zippered pouch in the lining) because they make the arms of my jacket look and feel stiff. There is also armor in the back, and I've left that backplate in. It may or may not be armored in the shoulders. It's at my other house right now or I'd check. There is also a hood similar to the hood shown in the surveillance videos. I've seen no photos or mention of her riding, so not sure if it's even reasonable that she could be wearing a biker jacket, and I know nothing of any other sports, etc. that would have similar gear, but I guess it's possible. We also know that she is in real life, slender. Could she be wearing someone else's jacket that did have armor?
Along those lines, would a security guard uniform have armor inserts? Just thinking about the way the jacket fit and it's lack of bendability. (Did I just make up a word there, lol?)

Colorful finger cuffs just like the ones on David were found in her apartment during the search.

I'd like to think it will be a slam dunk for the prosecutor. But, what if she has a good defense lawyer and the jury buys her "flashback and I snapped" story??

Or, maybe there will be a plea bargain and it won't go to trial??

Well, unfortunately for her (too bad, so sad. Not.) the death of someone during the commission of a crime can be charged as murder. It doesn't matter if it was an accidental death, if it occurred during the commission of a felony as in this case, it can be murder. This is the case in California, I don't know if this varies state by state.

She brought a weapon. Even if she didn't bring a weapon, if they scuffled and he tripped, fell, hit his head and died, it can be a murder charge because her intent was to rob him and she robbed him after he was dead.

There are many links I found, but here's one: http://www.shouselaw.com/felony-murder.html

Felony Murder Rule
Murder During the Commission of a Felony

There are limitations, but it's an interesting rule/law in general. I think it's a good one.

My thought process is that if someone brings a weapon to commit a crime against another human being, then it doesn't matter if they planned to use it or not - they brought it, they know they have it and they will use it. If she had come unarmed then got in a scuffle found her way into a drawer the found the letter opener and used it...maaaaaaaybe she might have had a chance at a defense. Maaaaaaybe.

Regarding the jacket, a few thoughts...
My husband I are bikers. Not big bad bikers, but old fogey bikers, lol. He drives, I ride. I have a black and purple motorcycle jacket that isn't a leather and doesn't look like a biker jacket. However, it does have armor inserts in the arms that I've taken out (they slide in and out of a zippered pouch in the lining) because they make the arms of my jacket look and feel stiff. There is also armor in the back, and I've left that backplate in. It may or may not be armored in the shoulders. It's at my other house right now or I'd check. There is also a hood similar to the hood shown in the surveillance videos. I've seen no photos or mention of her riding, so not sure if it's even reasonable that she could be wearing a biker jacket, and I know nothing of any other sports, etc. that would have similar gear, but I guess it's possible. We also know that she is in real life, slender. Could she be wearing someone else's jacket that did have armor?
Along those lines, would a security guard uniform have armor inserts? Just thinking about the way the jacket fit and it's lack of bendability. (Did I just make up a word there, lol?)

You're right, the pockets and jacket don't crease in the way it should, given we now know her true form, her shoulder blades and elbows poked through naturally but the rest of her form had things stuffed between it and the coat and in the pockets, best I could tell.

Okay call me crazy, but I've been trying to wrap my head around how these zip tie finger cuffs would even look. Even my madd Google skills can't produce me a picture. Is this something typical in non-vanilla sex play? I can't come up with a scenario where she didn't apply them, and actually I think they'd have been applied before the stabbing. Copious amounts of blood would have been present after the stabbing and that would make for a slippery work surface. Since I don't know what zip tie cuffed fingers would look like, I'm only guessing, but I don't see that as part of his 'prep work' that'd be done so he was ready to go when his 'date' arrived. Why would she lie/how would she explain that she didn't apply them? Is that alluding to another person besides her being involved?

Okay call me crazy, but I've been trying to wrap my head around how these zip tie finger cuffs would even look. Even my madd Google skills can't produce me a picture. Is this something typical in non-vanilla sex play? I can't come up with a scenario where she didn't apply them, and actually I think they'd have been applied before the stabbing. Copious amounts of blood would have been present after the stabbing and that would make for a slippery work surface. Since I don't know what zip tie cuffed fingers would look like, I'm only guessing, but I don't see that as part of his 'prep work' that'd be done so he was ready to go when his 'date' arrived. Why would she lie/how would she explain that she didn't apply them? Is that alluding to another person besides her being involved?
FCSC29GGQTLZMUQ.SQUARE3.jpg
http://www.instructables.com/id/Zip-Tie-Thumb-Cuffs/

I guess it's the poor wo/man's version of this

thumbs.jpg
http://baltimorecitypolicehistory.com/citypolice/images/handcuffs/thumbs.jpg

I can't really fathom how/when she got them on him.

6.30:07pm - 6.30:10pm (3 seconds duration) - area: defendant's home

7.47:34pm - 7.48:20pm (46 seconds duration) - area: 1 block from scene

10.40:13pm - 10.49:22pm (8 min & 51 sec duration) - area: in the time frame that the homicide occurred

RSBM:

Hi FigTree. I looked up the addresses where the cell towers are.

The 1st and 3rd calls (6:30pm and 10:40pm) both registered to 2500 25th St, Southeast - which is near Good Hope Rd where the perp lives, and near Safeway.

The 2nd phone call (7:47pm) registered to 1120 Vermont Ave, Northwest - which is right near The Donovan.

So it looks as though they have her at/near home, then at/near The Donovan - then at/near home again (at 10:40).

- At 18:30:07 (6:30:07 pm) a phone call was made from the account that ended at 18:30:10 (6.30.10). The phone call registered to a cell tower located at approximately 2500 25th Street, Southeast.
- At 19:47:34 (7:47:34 pm) a phone call was made from the account ending at 19:48:20 (7:48:20). The phone call registered to a cell tower located at approximately 1120 Vermont Avenue, Northwest.
- At 22:40:13 (10:40:13 pm) a phone call was made from the account ending at 22:49:22 (10:49:22 pm). The phone call registered to a cell tower located at approximately 2500 25th Street, Southeast.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/criminal-complaint-against-jamyra-gallmon/1508/

25kojrs.png

Well, unfortunately for her (too bad, so sad. Not.) the death of someone during the commission of a crime can be charged as murder. It doesn't matter if it was an accidental death, if it occurred during the commission of a felony as in this case, it can be murder. This is the case in California, I don't know if this varies state by state.

She brought a weapon. Even if she didn't bring a weapon, if they scuffled and he tripped, fell, hit his head and died, it can be a murder charge because her intent was to rob him and she robbed him after he was dead.

There are many links I found, but here's one: http://www.shouselaw.com/felony-murder.html

Felony Murder Rule
Murder During the Commission of a Felony

There are limitations, but it's an interesting rule/law in general. I think it's a good one.

My thought process is that if someone brings a weapon to commit a crime against another human being, then it doesn't matter if they planned to use it or not - they brought it, they know they have it and they will use it. If she had come unarmed then got in a scuffle found her way into a drawer the found the letter opener and used it...maaaaaaaybe she might have had a chance at a defense. Maaaaaaybe.

Being that he was stabbed in the back (wasn't he?) and so many times, and the finger/hand cuffs, I can't buy the self defense at all.

Zip ties in a variety of colors were hooked to his fingers, authorities said.

&#8220;The zip ties appeared to be affixed together into makeshift handcuffs,&#8221; court documents said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...t-craigslist-ad-prosecutors-article-1.2171817

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii