DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also of interest to me in these street views is the view of the driveway/garage. In some of them, you can see the garage has no cars in it with the doors open (2009 view), and I don't see any on the street (at least ones they currently had). In others, you can see one parked on the driveway with the doors closed and none on the street, which may still leave some cars unaccounted for- of course, some could be in the garage, and I don't know what cars they had when over the years. Maybe this does suggest they have an offsite garage or parking area somewhere- SS has the Mosler by 2009, I assume (??) and it's not visible in the garage.

Not sure what this means (well, it probably means nothing!)... just thinking out loud!

Looks like SS bought the Mosler in 2011

I re-read the article in the Washington Post about the SW, and they were looking for "digital recordings from surveillance cameras inside the home," which is interesting and horrifying for two reasons. 1) I guess there were cameras inside, 2) It doesn't say that they are looking for digital recordings from the day of the crime (it doesn't say not, either), but what if the recordings LE are looking for are not surveillance of the crime, but recordings from inside the home BEFORE the crime was committed. Maybe LE thinks, for some reason, that Wint had access to recordings inside the home before he committed the crime. That idea makes my skin crawl. I hope it's wrong.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...85622-0a11-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.htmll

ETA: Updated link

Regarding the value of the cars. I don't believe any of us know what options these cars had or the mileage. You can pour a crapload of $$$ into a Mosler OR a Porsche, and, while it will bring up the value (a lot), there may not be a market for it. My husband cares more about the options in his cars and making them faster/unique than about the furniture in our house. It's a car thing.

Not sure what kind of options a car like this would have. Of course, with a Porsche you can get a turbo or a non-turbo and stuff like that. This kind of car, I would think, would come with all the options Mosler could provide. Could be wrong.

The 2012 Mosler RaptorGTR was "one of one", only one produced because of the recession, and it's list price of $700k. There were 20 2004 mosler mt900s's manufactured.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/17/2012-mosler-raptorgtr-1-of-1-on-sale-for-700k/

So what will this one-off performance exotic cost? Supercar Engineering, which developed the RaptorGTR, and owns the distribution rights, says $700,000. The interior can be customized to suit the buyer's whim, but it remains unclear if said customization is included for that price. We doubt it. The vehicle is also being marketed in Russia, UAE and Saudi Arabia, as well as the United States. Given its near-pefect rarity, there is a good chance that the Mosler RaptorGTR will sell for more than the listed $700k.

I re-read the article in the Washington Post about the SW, and they were looking for "digital recordings from surveillance cameras inside the home," which is interesting and horrifying for two reasons. 1) I guess there were cameras inside, 2) It doesn't say that they are looking for digital recordings from the day of the crime (it doesn't say not, either), but what if the recordings LE are looking for are not surveillance of the crime, but recordings from inside the home BEFORE the crime was committed. Maybe LE thinks, for some reason, that Wint had access to recordings inside the home before he committed the crime. That idea makes my skin crawl. I hope it's wrong.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/police-s...5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html

:( "page not found"

It is terrifying to me that some security systems (and baby monitors) can be hacked to allow others to see what the cameras are seeing.
There was an article several months ago (years?) about a couple hearing a male voice coming from their baby's room. They went to the room and heard the voice coming from the baby monitor and it was talking to the baby.

YIKES.

This idea sounds like urban legends, but it's terrifying true.

I feel like I know a lot about JW, but what about DW?

Does anyone know when he arrived in the States? I've read at age 20, but I haven't seen confirmation. If he was here earlier, I wonder where he went to high school, what activities he was into. At what gym did he develop those muscles? Who did he meet there? What other interests did he have recently? Who was in his local crowd? Where did he meet his Brooklyn girlfriend? Where was he working?

The 2012 Mosler RaptorGTR was "one of one", only one produced because of the recession, and it's list price of $700k. There were 20 2004 mosler mt900s's manufactured.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/17/2012-mosler-raptorgtr-1-of-1-on-sale-for-700k/

So what will this one-off performance exotic cost? Supercar Engineering, which developed the RaptorGTR, and owns the distribution rights, says $700,000. The interior can be customized to suit the buyer's whim, but it remains unclear if said customization is included for that price. We doubt it. The vehicle is also being marketed in Russia, UAE and Saudi Arabia, as well as the United States. Given its near-pefect rarity, there is a good chance that the Mosler RaptorGTR will sell for more than the listed $700k.

The Rapter GTR is a different model from the Mosler owned by SS (MT900). The Rapter has a much more horsepower and performance comparable to a Bugatti Veyron which cost over $2 Million.

The MT900 had a base price of $189,000 and if delivered with the Photon option add another $50,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosler_MT900

IMO the Mosler was not necessarily the most expensive car in SS's fleet. He owned a four door Bentley Flying Spur and they sell for over $200K

One thing I just thought about as far as the lawn crew being there the morning of the 14th... weren't the dogs outside all night and up till the time the firemen and LE arrived?? Seems lawn crew would have had to knock on door to ask AS or SS to bring dogs in?? Or, maybe the dogs were familiar with crew and friendly? IDK

Also, regarding the call SS made to VF's husband the evening of the 13th, a couple of thoughts-one, if it was after 9:15 pm, then that was after pizza was delivered. Not sure what, if anything to make of that, but we know they were all alive at that time then cuz PS can be heard on that recording. :(

Also, I wonder if Vera's husband tried to call to PS's number at some time after to ask to talk to her himself. If I got a call like that, I would think the caller would hand his phone to my spouse so we could talk?? Wonder if VF's husband called the next morning since he never heard from her?? And call went unanswered so he went over there?

None of this likely means much or helps anything, but just thought I'd share thoughts.

I thought I read that the lawn crew as there on Wednesday morning. Then the dogs were let out and they were out all night. The firemen found them Thurs afternoon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/police-s...5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html

Yikes... that does make the skin crawl. Maybe DW or someone else not named yet worked for the security company and helped them get access to the cameras inside the home ahead of time- you don't need to sit in a truck on the street in a vest to know when to bust in that way. Also makes the skin crawl if there is actually video somewhere of what happened inside the house the day of the crime.

I also really hope LE knows that this was mostly random, or, that LE has the surviving daughters in great hands. Those girls need enough support and have enough concerns already, but if there's any doubt this was random, I hope they are safe and sound. I'm sure they are- just thinking of things that make my skin crawl and that includes those girls having to worry about any of the people still out on the street harming anyone else, including themselves.

:( "page not found"

It is terrifying to me that some security systems (and baby monitors) can be hacked to allow others to see what the cameras are seeing.
There was an article several months ago (years?) about a couple hearing a male voice coming from their baby's room. They went to the room and heard the voice coming from the baby monitor and it was talking to the baby.

YIKES.

This idea sounds like urban legends, but it's terrifying true.

Sorry about that, here's a working link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...185622-0a11-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html

I was actually thinking that maybe Wint had help getting recordings from inside the home, since I'm not sure I can buy the idea that he would be able to hack in (not that nobody could hack in, but I have my doubts about Wint).

I feel like I know a lot about JW, but what about DW?

Does anyone know when he arrived in the States? I've read at age 20, but I haven't seen confirmation. If he was here earlier, I wonder where he went to high school, what activities he was into. At what gym did he develop those muscles? Who did he meet there? What other interests did he have recently? Who was in his local crowd? Where did he meet his Brooklyn girlfriend? Where was he working?

I hope someone comes up with all of those answers!!!

One thing I just thought about as far as the lawn crew being there the morning of the 14th... weren't the dogs outside all night and up till the time the firemen and LE arrived?? Seems lawn crew would have had to knock on door to ask AS or SS to bring dogs in?? Or, maybe the dogs were familiar with crew and friendly? IDK

Also, regarding the call SS made to VF's husband the evening of the 13th, a couple of thoughts-one, if it was after 9:15 pm, then that was after pizza was delivered. Not sure what, if anything to make of that, but we know they were all alive at that time then cuz PS can be heard on that recording. :(

Also, I wonder if Vera's husband tried to call to PS's number at some time after to ask to talk to her himself. If I got a call like that, I would think the caller would hand his phone to my spouse so we could talk?? Wonder if VF's husband called the next morning since he never heard from her?? And call went unanswered so he went over there?

None of this likely means much or helps anything, but just thought I'd share thoughts.

Well according to NG these were "guard" dogs that could attack if you were a "stranger." There was a clip of the dogs in a previous board and well ... they didn't look like "mean" dogs ... sooo they probably were chill. No reports of neighbors hearing any barking or whining

According to VF's husband he just kept trying to call her & calls went straight to vm. He never mentions trying to call PS but went back home on the 14th to wait for PS to call back re: VF being @ hospital with AS, which we know was false.

From a weekend visit at a home with top security, the alarm went off with no one home, and the company looked at their cameras to check the property. This raises the question as to why the control station for SS house doesn't have video of the beginning scene when the intruders entered the home.

In the beginning, I read that DW had SS erase some of the video on the security camera. No link. Would this also erase the main office camera's recording?

From a weekend visit at a home with top security, the alarm went off with no one home, and the company looked at their cameras to check the property. This raises the question as to why the control station for SS house doesn't have video of the beginning scene when the intruders entered the home.

In the beginning, I read that DW had SS erase some of the video on the security camera. No link. Would this also erase the main office camera's recording?

Are you saying that the feed from the S's video was being recorded/watched elsewhere? TIA

Someone mentioned this very early on in the case. I just found some of it last night.... but, I don't think that we are allowed to discuss any of it.

Mods, can you please help? TIA

Hi Everyone,

For now, we are going to make the lawsuit off limits because there is no connection to the murder.

While it is a public record if we allow a discussion then some might suggest the people named in the suit are responsible for the killings and that wouldn't be fair.

It's one thing to have your name in a lawsuit but something else to find out you are being discussed on one of the biggest true crime discussion forums on the Internet in connection with a horrific multiple murder.

Thanks for understanding,
Tricia

The Rapter GTR is a different model from the Mosler owned by SS (MT900). The Rapter has a much more horsepower and performance comparable to a Bugatti Veyron which cost over $2 Million.

The MT900 had a base price of $189,000 and if delivered with the Photon option add another $50,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosler_MT900

IMO the Mosler was not necessarily the most expensive car in SS's fleet. He owned a four door Bentley Flying Spur and they sell for over $200K

I haven't heard one word about the Bentley since the murders. I'm assuming it was never missing, but LE and MSM have not said where it's located IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member