DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can be challenged pre-trial and if not properly attained, if standard of "probable cause" not met, then the evidence seized with search warrant can be inadmissible and any evidence sought for and found based on information gathered from that evidence would be "fruit of the poisoned tree," and so could be ruled inadmissible as well. Hence, investigators should have ducks well lined up so as to be able to show that the source/s they listed, on which they claimed a basis for reasonable belief they would find the items listed in SW, are solid ones. LE's impressions and suspicions do not provide the required bases for probable cause. Been awhile since I studied this stuff and only recently and quickly reviewed, so feel free to correct me. We, members of the public, have not been privy to what sources investigators cited on the SWs which a judge found sufficiently convincing and prosecutors could support and believe would hold up to pre-trial challenges if lodged.

Oh voberry, almost choked on my coffee. They probably had several of those warrants within the first hour of arrival at the scene. They likely had SS's phone record in 2 hours and knew the answers to the questions they asked JW. Lets move to trial, checking calendar.

So true! :D Especially given the size of the house. I can only speak for myself, lol - I can be suspicious, paranoid and naive at the same time.

Just to be clear, I wasn't blaming and would never blame anyone. NOBODY would imagine what was going on in there. My comment was rebutting another comment saying "reasonable people would blah blah blah". We're human beings, not robots.

I just looked at their website! I'm a construction engineer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AIW was selected as the premier specialty metals contractor on the $202 million dollar Food and Drug Administration’s consolidation project at the White Oak facility.

AIW’s in-depth knowledge and unsurpassed ability to bring a project in on-time and under-budget was a major consideration when selecting a contractor. AIW’s expanded skills, allowed it to provide ornamental, miscellaneous, and structural steel based on high end and challenging design. In addition, AIW fabricated all of the steel staircases and handrails to give the occupants safe passage from one level to another. Complex steel pedestrian bridges link one building to another allowing the occupants to travel from one building to another without ever having to go outside. Custom stainless steel and glass panels line the sides of these pedestrian bridges allowing for fall protection as well as esthetic value.

I've been actively following this case and reading the boards as a guest, but thought I would join in the discussion. Forgive me if this has already been suggested or discussed.

In my opinion, the assistant JW was definitely involved.

There's the obvious red flag, which is the fact that he admittedly lied to police when giving his account of when/where/how things took place. When you're telling the truth, there are no mix ups or confusions, you have solid details to provide because that's what *actually* happened. Obviously, there's no reason to lie unless you're hiding something, which may or may not be involvement in the crime, but nonetheless something that you don't want the police to know about.

DW hadn't worked for AIW since 2005, so it's unlikely that he just randomly decided to seek out revenge for firing or whatever reason OR randomly came up with the idea to hold SS and his family hostage for ransom money 10 years after the fact. Whereas JW had more recent involvement with SS and family. If someone were going to commit theft from their employer, my guess is that they would do so shortly after recognizing the opportunity (i.e. a few months). JW had only worked for SS since April and based on his Instagram photos showing off all of SS luxury vehicles, had acknowledged SS wealth and placed a high amount of value and focus on material wealth. It was noted that JW and DW lived in the same apartment complex several years ago - not a coincidence, IMHO.

Then, there's the fact that JW car was found parked only a block from the family's home the day of the fire. So, he receives word of a fire at his employer's house while in Chantilly, drives back to DC to their house and finds their home engulfed in flames, and then... parks his car and leaves on foot/with a friend/in an Uber? That makes ZERO sense. Obviously, he dropped the money off, DW murdered the family and took care of setting the house on fire, and the deed was done. He went back to get his share of the money, to help with getting rid of supplies used to start the fire, to give DW a ride to metro, and/or to have one last joy ride in the Porsche.

The person in the surveillance video running away from the torched Porsche has a taller and leaner build than DW. I think the person in the video is JW.

These are just my thoughts, but the fact that his car was parked a block away without him in sight, is just a major giveaway in my opinion.

Source article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9031d4-0adf-11e5-a7ad-b430fc1d3f5c_story.html

What does AIW do? Think new Convention Center, Orioles Stadium, Pentagon repair after 9/11, City Center. Major city and Federal projects. I'm thinking they have lobbyists to get these prime contracts. I would imagine these are high profile, top dollar projects that many of which competitors in construction would be envious.

What does AIW do? Who do they produce for?

AIW stands for American Iron Works which is the company that SS owned. It was a family business. They are iron workers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel like everyone glossed over this from last page:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
While scouring court records, I noticed on one that he actually did hold a job, at Metal Fab Inc, in 2008...after he left AIW.

I found this interesting as wed heard Wint was terminated. Maybe he just transferred to another of SS's businesses?

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...ml#document/p1
Interesting! I think SS owned this company too http://www.metalfabulous.com

Thoughts

Do we know if SS owned Metal Fab Inc.? I cannot find any confirmation on this.

On the assumption he did I would offer this explanation why DW would be hired by this company. It could be that DW wasn't actually "fired" from AIW just laid off because of lack of work. AIW supplies prefabricated steel structures to construction projects which means that work is not always steady because they rely on contracts. Tradespeople like welders are used to getting laid off due to lack of work. It is the nature of the industry.

I've been actively following this case and reading the boards as a guest, but thought I would join in the discussion. Forgive me if this has already been suggested or discussed.

In my opinion, the assistant JW was definitely involved.

There's the obvious red flag, which is the fact that he admittedly lied to police when giving his account of when/where/how things took place. When you're telling the truth, there are no mix ups or confusions, you have solid details to provide because that's what *actually* happened. Obviously, there's no reason to lie unless you're hiding something, which may or may not be involvement in the crime, but nonetheless something that you don't want the police to know about.

DW hadn't worked for AIW since 2005, so it's unlikely that he just randomly decided to seek out revenge for firing or whatever reason OR randomly came up with the idea to hold SS and his family hostage for ransom money 10 years after the fact. Whereas JW had more recent involvement with SS and family. If someone were going to commit theft from their employer, my guess is that they would do so shortly after recognizing the opportunity (i.e. a few months). JW had only worked for SS since April and based on his Instagram photos showing off all of SS luxury vehicles, had acknowledged SS wealth and placed a high amount of value and focus on material wealth. It was noted that JW and DW lived in the same apartment complex several years ago - not a coincidence, IMHO.

Then, there's the fact that JW car was found parked only a block from the family's home the day of the fire. So, he receives word of a fire at his employer's house while in Chantilly, drives back to DC to their house and finds their home engulfed in flames, and then... parks his car and leaves on foot/with a friend/in an Uber? That makes ZERO sense. Obviously, he dropped the money off, DW murdered the family and took care of setting the house on fire, and the deed was done. He went back to get his share of the money, to help with getting rid of supplies used to start the fire, to give DW a ride to metro, and/or to have one last joy ride in the Porsche.

The person in the surveillance video running away from the torched Porsche has a taller and leaner build than DW. I think the person in the video is JW.

These are just my thoughts, but the fact that his car was parked a block away without him in sight, is just a major giveaway in my opinion.

Source article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9031d4-0adf-11e5-a7ad-b430fc1d3f5c_story.html

Thanks! I agree with you. I posted #257 that it appears DW was employed by another SS company in 2008....not sure how long so work relationship may not have been as long ago as previously thought.

JW is on video camera at Lowes in Chantilly around noon, right about the time last call From Ss's mobile to JW. JW was questioned by police when he arrived at scene of the house fire and his car was quickly taken by police that afternoon before the Porsche was set on fire. He wouldn't have had time to take Porsche to Maryland and get to Chantilly to be on camera at Lowes. Someone called police about reckless Porsche on New York Ave at 1:30pm (same time authorities responded to fire) so wasn't JW in my opinion. That said, I still think he's involved.

Thanks! I agree with you. I posted #257 that it appears DW was employed by another SS company in 2008....not sure how long so work relationship may not have been as long ago as previously thought.

JW is on video camera at Lowes in Chantilly around noon, right about the time last call From Ss's mobile to JW. JW was questioned by police when he arrived at scene of the house fire and his car was quickly taken by police that afternoon before the Porsche was set on fire. He wouldn't have had time to take Porsche to Maryland and get to Chantilly to be on camera at Lowes. Someone called police about reckless Porsche on New York Ave at 1:30pm (same time authorities responded to fire) so wasn't JW in my opinion. That said, I still think he's involved.

Even 2008 was 7 years ago, so I still think there had to have been something or someone that reconnected DW with the idea of getting money out of SS. Plus, I doubt most of the workers employed by any of SS companies would have had access to his home address, whereas JW clearly was in a position to know the in and outs of the family and their day to day lives. Of course, Savopoulous would have been an easy name to find in the white pages, but DW doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would put two and two together in order to know that.

I suppose you're right - the timeline would suggest that it probably was not him in the Porsche then. I'm still reluctant to believe that the person in the video running from the burning vehicles is DW though.

Especially if the entire house was dark except for the front porch light. No way, most delivery drivers would make the drop. In the DC area both Pizza delivery people and taxi drivers are often targeted for robberies. Criminals call and have a delivery or a pick up call to a vacant home.

But someone had called and charged on the regular account always used by the family. Criminals setting up a robbery don't usually do that or it can be traced back. They call it in as cash.
And I am sure they gave the pizza company a good explanation for why they wanted it left on the porch.

I will admit that I used to do that when we had our two huge German Shepherds that HATED the doorbell and strangers that rang it.

It was easier to tell the delivery person to leave it on the porch, and leave them a tip. If I put the dogs out in the back yard they would just bark like crazy and bother the neighbors. So I would just take the easy way out and have the food dropped off on the porch. None of the delivery people ever complained.

OFF TOPIC but there is a MAJOR police standoff with an armored van in Dallas going down RIGHT NOW! I just created a thread for it in the up-to-the-minute area.

I realize there are strong feelings on both sides of the "is JW involved” debate, and please forgive me for revisiting this, but IMO there is no way SS would have involved JW in any part of his financial dealings at all, not even with the dojo. SS was a savvy, smart, experienced man running a multimillion (billion??) dollar company. He may, for a time, have had JW do little odds and ends type errands, but someone with the wherewithal and professionalism of SS would not legitimately ask him to do anything of the sort that JW is claiming regarding the money. I don't trust or believe a thing of JW's version of their relationship or of his version of the events of those days. As far as hired hit, maybe JW did the hiring? The 20/20 show made mention of the fact that JW doesn't have a record. Neither did Jodi Arias.

JMO JW self-appointed to pick up and deliver. In the 20/20 narrative isn't it that JW gets a text from SS telling him he will be picking up 40 k the next day at the bank? If SS were truly in charge, he wouldn't put his newbie driver into the loop, a person not in an official company position, a subordinate in the hierarchy. He wouldn't disclose the amount of money he was to deliver. I second your "I don't trust or believe a thing of JW's version of their relationship or his version of the events..."

Either DW sent the texts to JW or directed SS what to write. Reason? So that the communications would be on record to make LE believe SS did put JW in the loop as his trusted "personal assistant," rather than that JW was the insider link facilitating the crime.

JW is an essential element in the cover story constructed for SS to explain why he appears to be out of commission for a significant amount of time at a crucial time (Prepping the Dojo). JW's hustling to and fro gives the illusion that he's in touch with SS, carrying out his instructions while he's tending to PS or WHATEVER so all is well.

AIW assumes JW knows SS's whereabouts. Later, JW can say he was at Lowe's, busy at Dojo after the drop off, didn't actually see SS when he did the drop, and as soon as he got word rushed to fire,trying to raise AS and SS.

We don't know yet how JW showed up on LE radar, not all the pieces that might go beyond the obvious lies. Maybe the accountant observed something fishy. Maybe a tip from some one else who knew JW had picked up 40k and now there was a suspicious fire and casualties.

So far no evidence of a connection between JW and a "some one else" whose motive not primarily money as Garrett believes. Evidence of a connection between JW and DW, however. I think JW has known who Wint is for a long time, maybe his brother too, his cousin. Wint brought something to the plan that JW needed.
How bout a rolling garage and a crew for one? Criminal mentality, muscle, and no hesitation about wielding weapons, breaking and entering; very little sense of caution.
JUST MY ENTERTAINING A POSSIBLE SCENARIO OUT OF MANY, based on "gut," not fact.

LE have stated repeatedly in court documents that DW didn't act alone. I do believe LE knows the evidence that forms the basis of their conclusion.

JMO

Maybe DW didn't act alone, maybe he did, I don't know. All I'm saying is contrary to Brad Garrett's opinion that DW couldn't have done it alone, DW could very well have done this alone. IOW, it wouldn't be impossible for DW to have been able to do this all by himself.

Has anybody considered this.....I have never delivered pizza...but if I did and someone had me leave it on the porch I would have called the police and reported suspicious activity! This is just crazy!

My brother in law owns a bunch of pizza places. That request is NOTHING compared to the crazy people out there.

20/20

[video=youtube;3G7EJYrSKf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=3G7EJYrSKf8[/video]

20/20

[video=youtube;IB3u1v2XMiI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB3u1v2XMiI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members