DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. One of the problems I have with Wint doing the slashing is that, while it seems blood was found on his shoe, it seems to have been little to the point he didn't see it. Which makes me think he may have stepped into the blood at some point and didn't realize it. I would think a slasher would have blood on top of his shoes.

JMO
Considering how much time passed between the murders and DW being found, he could have washed the tops of his shoes.

Pretty bizarre assertion, considering you can kill someone by "just stabbing them."

Most knife fights don't kill they cut and that was what DW did. Taking a knife sharpener and ramming it your boss's ear and into the brain like Richard Matt did, or being a serial killer, or killing people especially multiple people is what I think of with "hardened criminal". Before this crime, DW was like tens of thousands of others which is why he wasn't in prison.

Most knife fights don't kill they cut and that was what DW did.

I saw the interview with Wint's slashing victim and he said doctors told him he came perilously close to losing his life. It wasn't a "knife fight" in that the victim was merely walking down a sidewalk and did nothing to provoke it.

JMO

If JW did the killing of S family then obvi he would be a "hardened criminal" but by looking at his past i don't think what he did warrants that term. JMO

I saw the interview with Wint's slashing victim and he said doctors told him he came perilously close to losing his life. It wasn't a "knife fight" in that the victim was merely walking down a sidewalk and did nothing to provoke it.

JMO

Many people are mugged at night walking with a knife. In the 20/20 special that incident was a person who Wint was mad at and he was stalking him. We don't know that murder was DW's goal - not sure what the trial determined. i'm not defending DW. I just think "hardened criminal" is an inappropriate term for him. We can agree to disagree.

Terrorist related? ISIS would have been thrilled to claim responsibility. They weren't decapitated. I can't imagine this being terrorism.

I can. Torturing his child and killing an American captain of industry in his own home just down the street from the American Vice President's home is quite a victory in evil.

I don't know that it was an act of terrorism but I think other CEOs, politicians should be on high alert.

Yesterday's attack on the Tunisha beach involved one gunman who managed to kill 38 people.

JMO

Many people are mugged at night walking with a knife. In the 20/20 special that incident was a person who Wint was mad at and he was stalking him. We don't know that murder was DW's goal - not sure what the trial determined. i'm not defending DW. I just think "hardened criminal" is an inappropriate term for him. We can agree to disagree.

Are you seriously comparing the torture and murder of four people to a mugging?

I absolutely believe DW was a hardened criminal. He had a history of violence toward his own family and spent time in jail for violence.

JMO

SS was successful but i wouldn't call him a "Captain of Industry". I highly doubt he's at the top of ISIS's list. Spending the night and ordering Domino's isn't their M.O. I think this is just silly.

SS was a CEO of a company that had high-profile government contracts. He does meet the definition of Captain of Industry.

JMO

During the Industrial Revolution, a captain of industry was a business leader whose means of amassing a personal fortune contributes positively to the country in some way.

This may have been through increased productivity, expansion of markets, providing more jobs, or acts of philanthropy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_of_industry

How about not leaving any evidence behind beside the pizza crust? Not being seen or heard coming or going and controlling that house? Skirting the alarm and cameras that SS had? Their are tricks to every trade.
Have you learned or mastered any trade, craft or art before?

I agree. Why does the site want to restrict so much? Is there another forum we can use?
There are several forums discussing this case but none is as structured, courteous and disciplined as this. There is a good reason for not permitting discussion of persons not named in MSM and LE releases. The speculative trashing of JW, who is fair game, is an example of why we need to avoid expanding discussion beyond the limits. I have been guilty of this and appropriately snipped when I go too far.

I don't see how the Savopoulous family would be a good target for ISIS. They may be wealthier than the average family, but they are not high-profile or celebrities. ISIS would probably put more fear into Americans if they targeted a middle-class family, since it would be easier to imagine it happening to them. "We found out about them because the father is a CEO and millionaire". The public tends to get most terrified of cases that are completely random, where they cannot seperate the victim(s) from themselves. And if they do want to target a wealthy family, they might as well go for someone who is household name.

ISIS theory doesn't fit in any way except that it's the current fear trend dominating the media. I imagine satanic cults would've been brought up a lot if WS was around in the 80's.

Certainly cannot disagree with your assessment either! I think LE has just pounded into my head that more than one person HAS to be involved in this crime that I believe it. :banghead:

I have seen LE 'believe' certain things before such as the suspect may have had help. In the end though after an exhaustive investigation they found that not to be the case.

So seeing LE say that didn't particularly make me believe that he did have help and instead they thought it was a possibility at the time.

I think by now if anyone else was involved they would be arrested. My opinion from the very start is Wint didn't need help to do this nor did he have help.

I guess we will see eventually, but it sure is looking like Wint may be like some of the other home invasion cases.... which resulted in multiple deaths/victims where it was done by one sole perpetrator.

IMO

ISIS? Lol. I think we need some new info to keep us sane, because things are getting pretty loony tunes around here!

The difference between NG and JW is a big one. NG did not drive to the crime scene carrying 40k for the ransom. That right there puts JW in a very suspicious position.

While I feel very confident JW is innocent in this, I have wondered......if JW weren't in the picture and hadn't been hired yet......who would SS have called to deliver that money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They haven't backed down, but they haven't arrested anyone else either.
Did they not find any other DNA on the scene? Supposedly DW's DNA was found in other places in addition to pizza crust. So why didn't accomplices leave DNA?

Gloves?

I guess I will have to agree to disagree with most of the posters on here today. Nothing special or unusual about this crime is there? They have the bad guy. Nothing to see please move along...
Since no one wanted to answer my question about learning an art, trade or craft I will answer myself. One cannot learn such things in a book or movie, TV. One cannot learn such things orally. One must be a journeyman and learn from the pros on the job.
I will shut up now and go away. M

IN the book Blink, Malcolm Gladwell claims it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert/master. I think there would be a lot of debate over whether DW is an master of anything, but there definitely seems that some planning went into this crime.

I don't think he had a kind moment and ordered two pizzas in case the kid got hungry. And I don't think the first thing one would notice about him is that he is well-groomed, ponytail dreads or not. And I don't think that by LE saying that this crime required another person that they actually meantt that it was "possible" that someone else was involved. I think he had help, whether that be from the inside or with his convoy club or by gang leaders calling the shots.

Are you seriously comparing the torture and murder of four people to a mugging?

I absolutely believe DW was a hardened criminal. He had a history of violence toward his own family and spent time in jail for violence.

JMO

Jeez....we were discussing DW pre-home invasion.

SS was a CEO of a company that had high-profile government contracts. He does meet the definition of Captain of Industry.

JMO

During the Industrial Revolution, a captain of industry was a business leader whose means of amassing a personal fortune contributes positively to the country in some way.

This may have been through increased productivity, expansion of markets, providing more jobs, or acts of philanthropy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_of_industry

haha I live in DC. There are a LOT of companies with government contracts in many different industries. There are millions of millionaires. He was successful but not unique. There are much wealthier and much more high profile people in the media, tech, defense and in politics here. There are also much more successful men in this town. Look at the owners of the sports teams, founders of AOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceSprings