DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The S family wasn't the only family in DC with an expensive art collection. I would not be surprised if the housekeeper had a key. This happens frequently in the home of wealthy people in Washington.

The CEOs I know in the D.C. area do not give their service people a key to the home. They give them their own unique access code and both have told me this case has them on such edge they are not allowing any access. I can only go by what our friends have told us. They use security advisers as required by their boards of directors..

JMO

BBM. I don't "get it" when you fail to provide links. I seriously doubt NG had a key to the home or the access code to the security system because the family had in their home an expensive art collection. The issue isn't that SS called NG, the issue is why Wint allowed him and AS to make TWO calls to NG and she claims she didn't check messages until the next day. She then failed to contact Vera's husband as SS requested.

DW and AS may have been using SS and AS phones to communicate. The phones are missing according to the search warrants.

JMO

I don't have a link to say that NG had a key. However, generally speaking, a housekeeper of 20 years would likely have a way to gain access to the house without there having to be a family member in the house to let her in. At least, it would not be unusual. I refuse to get into an arguing match over that. I am not sure why I am on the defense stand and being treated as hostile witness. I don't really have any feeling about NG. But there ARE possibilities as to why SS would have wanted to make a call to her, why DW would have forced or allowed that call if he believed it would prevent more company at the house to deal with, and why she might not have checked her messages or called VF's husband the next day. Do we know that she didn't? IDK! I am not fighting a side here.

With no new info it seems people bounce from NG being some Ma Barker to JW being involved with some overseas car theft ring. The rabbit holes get deeper and crazier each day. I wish LE would release new names or something so some of the wild theories will stop. I really would like to know more about DW as a person. I understand this crime is so heinous that we find it hard to believe it could be a home invasion/robbery gone wrong. But as the weeks pass I really believe DW acted alone or maybe had one accomplice. Most likely a friend/relative. I believe eye witness accounts are not reliable, so I take the clean cut Porsche guy with a grain of salt. I think NG has a poor grasp on English and when flustered her wording gets confusing. JW is a braggart that lied to LE to try and make himself look better because he had took pics of money. I think he had the expired registration as something to show his buddies. These are just my opinions and its really hard to wrap my head around the brutality that was inflicted on these people. I believe Savaas is the one that brought up getting DW the cash trying to save their lives. I dont think this was a complex crime with alot of forethought. Just a horrible crime by an evil man.

The CEOs I know in the D.C. area do not give their service people a key to the home. They give them their own unique access code and both have told me this case has them on such edge they are not allowing any access. I can only go by what our friends have told us. They use security advisers as required by their boards of directors..

JMO

Well the S family did not have keypads per their alarm company. Also being CEO of Boeing or Microsoft (publicly traded companies) is different than CEO of a family business.

I'm sure it was UberX not Uber. It would be more like Lyft and airBnB-- just a random not a professional.

Uber won't let you pay with cash. You have to use their app to pay. Their drivers are not allowed to handle any cash at all and tipping is not required/expected.

With that said, do you think it's possible DW stole credit cards?

Not to throw off the accounting of the $40k but thought it should be brought up that Uber is cashless.

BBM. It is your speculation and is not a fact.

Obviously none of us were on the scene and Wint's reason may never be known. I responded to your question which I quote, " the issue is why Wint allowed him and AS to make TWO calls.." Let's not talk in circles please.

Uber won't let you pay with cash. You have to use their app to pay. Their drivers are not allowed to handle any cash at all and tipping is not required/expected.

Not to throw off the accounting of the $40k but thought it should be brought up that Uber is cashless.

I remember someone posting that DW did give the uber driver cash, but that might have just been speculation. (My credit card info expired and uber wouldn't even come pick me up until I put in new info. They are 100% non-cash. But the driver could've gone rogue, turned off his tracking back with the company (tracking is a very big safety deal with uber) and accepted a wad of a cash! Would be interesting to find out.

I think he may have been able to strike a deal with a uberX driver who wanted to make extra money outside of uberX policy. I wouldn't be shocked about stolen credit cards either!

Obviously none of us were on the scene and Wint's reason may never be known. I responded to your question which I quote, " the issue is why Wint allowed him and AS to make TWO calls.." Let's not talk in circles please.

I'm not talking in circles, I've provided a link. Here it is again.

I'm relying on the latest news articles which state that investigators believe SS
WAS FORCED to call NG and that she was asked to text him back that she received it. NG has never mentioned being asked to text SS back.

Savvas arrived home and hours later investigators believe suspect Daron Dylon Wint forced him to make a call.

JMO

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...leased-in-Mansion-Murders-Case-310215841.html

What I find most interesting about it is that investigators believe Wint FORCED SS to communicate with NG and NG was asked to send a text message to acknowledge receipt. This text is something NG failed to mention in her media blitz.

JMO

I transcribed the video for anyone who might not be able to watch it via the link. If I made any mistakes, please tell me.

Reporter Meagan Fitzgerald: "Much of the focus over the last several weeks has been here at the Savopoulos' mansion on Woodland Drive, but a source close to the family says in the days leading up to their death the family's focus was in Chantilly, Virginia on a karate studio which Savvas Savopoulos was getting ready to open.

Time was running out during the week of May 11th. We know now that in more than one way Savvas Savopoulos was rushing to get this karate studio ready for the grand opening on May 14th. The urgency apparent in his wife, Amy's voice message to their longtime housekeeper, Nellie Gutierrez, which we are now hearing for the very first time:

Voicemail from Amy to Nellie: "Hey Nelly. It's Amy. I am calling to see if I could get your, you and your crew I think is the best bet, maybe two days, Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday, if you could. Savvas built a martial arts studio in Chantilly, Virginia and of course Bill is doing the construction, so we are like down to the wire."

Reporter MF: So Nelly agreed to help clean the new karate studio because it appeared to be important to Amy. She also suggested that their other housekeeper work at the studio with Nellie.

Amy's voicemail again: "And if you need to take Vera you can take Vera too, so just let me know... So next week is sort of a crazy week anyway."

Reporter: The crazy turn of events started on Wednesday when Vera didn't want to stay late to clean the studio, so she decided to work at the Savopoulos' house instead. It was a decision that would end up costing her, her life.

A source close to the family says Savvas was at the studio when he received a call wife from his wife luring him back home. Investigators believe Amy, their son, Philip, and housekeeper, Vera Figueroa, were already held hostage inside. Savvas arrives home and hours later at 9:35 Wednesday night investigators believe the suspect, Daron Wint, forced him to make a call:

Savvas' voicemail to Nellie: "Hey Nelly! It's Savvas. Amy is in bed sick tonight and she was sick this afternoon and Vera offered to stay and help her out because you know we're going through some stuff with Philip so she is going stay the night here. Okay. Thank you (pause). Oh, and would you send me a text when you get the message just so I can make sure. Thanks Nelly. Goodnight."

Reporter: Goodnight. Those words the last Nelly would ever hear again from Savvas, a man she had known for more than two decades, and on Thursday, just before 10:00, a final text message sent from Amy's phone saying:

text: I am making sure you do not come today. (If you would come from or Monday that would be great.)

Reporter: The same day the karate studio is set to open, hours before the mansion goes up in flames and the horrifying discovery of four victims murdered inside. The timing of it all still puzzling for those close to the family adding to the mystery of why their lives were taken. ~~ Meagan Fitzgerald

New Recording Released in Mansion Murders

A grand jury has been convened in the mansion murders case after the deaths of Amy, Philip and Savvas Savopoulos and their housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa. More charges could be coming. We're also hearing a new audio recording from the family for the first time. Meagan Fitzgerald has the story, only on News4.

By Meagan Fitzgerald

Jun 26, 2015

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/#!/news/local/New-Recording-Released-in-Mansion-Murders/310181741

I'm not talking in circles, I've provided a link. Here it is again.

I'm relying on the latest news articles which state that investigators believe SS
WAS FORCED to call NG and that she was asked to text him back that she received it. NG has never mentioned being asked to text SS back.

Savvas arrived home and hours later investigators believe suspect Daron Dylon Wint forced him to make a call.

JMO

It goes without saying that DW was calling the shots. So, if he forced SS to call NG, that might mean that DW had knowledge of NG's regular schedule, which WOULD have put her at the house the next day had the dojo logistics not shaken things up. That might point to DW having inside info about schedules. OR, it might mean that SS or AS cleverly made it seem as though NG was coming the next day, so they could have the opportunity to call her to "ward her off" (really, meaning, the opportunity to flag that some things were amiss in the house).

I am not anti-conspiracy with NG. So if we say that she was conspiring with DW and Co, why would DW want SS to call her and leave that message? DW would know that she wasn't coming the next day. DW could have called or texted her himself, from either AS's or SS's phones to say "call VF's husband and tell him everything is cool". I am trying to brainstorm about why it would have been beneficial to DW to have SS make calls to NG if the two were in cahoots. Would it have been to provide a cover for NG? I am interested in your point of view.

I think this suspicion towards NG is just going to take us down a rabbit hole. I do not think there will be any connection between NG and DW and I don't think he needed her in any way.

If NG wanted to gain by stealing there were much easier more lucrative ways than a messy bloody home invasion. JMO

After listening to the newest report, I agree. In fact, Nellie may be the only reason this case is solved because she saved her voicemails from her bosses for a while. Sounds like she was a very good housekeeper and organized. The voicemail a week before the murders and the mention of a new name (Bill the contractor ~ if I heard correctly) is quite intriguing. I believe the timing of the home invasion and opening of the karate studio to be connected.

Regarding the rabbit hole:

Jefferson Airplane/Grace Slick

https://youtu.be/sxKAprtLh7M

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

I
What I find most interesting about it is that investigators believe Wint FORCED SS to communicate with NG and NG was asked to send a text message to acknowledge receipt. This text is something NG failed to mention in her media blitz.

JMO
She is under no obligation to detail every single movement, or text message, or conversation to the media.

Off topic: Greek debt crisis: Banks to stay shut, capital controls imposed

Greek banks will be closed and capital controls will be imposed, Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras says.

Speaking after the European Central Bank (ECB) said it was not increasing emergency funding to Greek banks, Mr Tsipras said Greek deposits were safe.

Greece is due to make a €1.6bn (£1.1bn) payment to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Tuesday - the same day that its current bailout expires.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...stay-shut-capital-controls-imposed/ar-AAcfwl5

Greeks are queuing for cash, but only 40% of ATMs have money in them.

I remember someone posting that DW did give the uber driver cash, but that might have just been speculation. (My credit card info expired and uber wouldn't even come pick me up until I put in new info. They are 100% non-cash. But the driver could've gone rogue, turned off his tracking back with the company (tracking is a very big safety deal with uber) and accepted a wad of a cash! Would be interesting to find out.

Prepaid card maybe? Or gave gf cash and used her card?

I
She is under no obligation to detail every single movement, or text message, or conversation to the media.

This is a heartbreaking thing to say, but in this version of the audio recording (message) someone removed PS's screams. It s possible that we have not heard this part of the recording before because it was deemed too gruesome with the background noise. Maybe now that it has been separated, they feel comfortable sharing. Those background screams are haunting (so much worse than that, but there are no words for what they are) especially since SS was forced to sound so composed. You can almost hear DW saying something like "the more normal you sound, the less I do X to PS." :(

Prepaid card maybe? Or gave gf cash and used her card?

Could be. I don't know how pre-paid cards work with UBER. But I do know that your card is tied directly to your cell phone. So just to be picked up, he would have to send a request from a phone that had valid payment already submitted.

But that doesn't mean it was his account or phone. For instance, I have used my phone app and account to request an UBER for my husband and son at our house. They jump in the car then I get a receipt a half hour later for their trip.

Could be. I don't know how pre-paid cards work with UBER. But I do know that your card is tied directly to your cell phone. So just to be picked up, he would have to send a request from a phone that had valid payment already submitted.

But that doesn't mean it was his account or phone. For instance, I have used my phone app and account to request an UBER for my husband and son at our house. They jump in the car then I get a receipt a half hour later for their trip.

Never used it myself. If my truck can't get me there then I don't
goimage.jpg

Never used it myself. If my truck can't get me there then I don't
goView attachment 77236

Now, That is a TRUCK!! I take more ubers than I care to admit. They are so common in Seattle that people often jump into cars thinking their UBER has arrived and it's just some random person waiting for their gf to come out of work. (Guilty!!)

But, it was pretty dumb for DW to request an UBER because that request is tied to SOMEONE's account. Doh!

Now, That is a TRUCK!! I take more ubers than I care to admit. They are so common in Seattle that people often jump into cars thinking their UBER has arrived and it's just some random person waiting for their gf to come out of work. (Guilty!!)

But, it was pretty dumb for DW to request an UBER because that request is tied to SOMEONE's account. Doh!

Interesting. He was leaving a trail

Second convict escapee CAUGHT
Shot/bleeding/in custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads