DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he might be locked up with someone else who we're not allowed to discuss. It's clear that DC courts don't list all arrests when they need to keep them quiet to protect a case. The more lies I uncover, the more I think he is involved. If he isn't involved, then I feel bad for him that he is so delusional. I don't feel bad that he got called out on his lies. I think he began a downward spiral in the last few years. Getting fired from Autobahn was a devastating blow. Since I have no idea who JW is, or what kind of person he is, I don't know what he is capable of doing to try to make his real life match up with the one he's constructed on SM and in his head.

Unfortunately, I agree. I think it was totally appropriate for JW to be called out for lying to LE in this case. But, IF, he had no knowledge that the money was not for the dojo (unlikely, but possible) I would feel bad for him because he was losing in life and his actions in this case have ripped away any hope for a better future. I don't think he's getting employed anytime soon, and even just from a personal esteem standpoint, how could he live with himself after lying like that?

The illusion he was creating on SM vs the reality of his life is pathetic. (I don't mean that it's lame that he posturing. I'm very genuinely talking about how depressed, desperate and hopeless he must have felt.) I thought the one thing in his reality that even slightly matched up to the "lifestyles of the r and f" image he portrayed was his BMW. And, now, to find out, it was his mom's car?

He had nothing. He was building his life and image around an expensive hobby that he couldn't afford and was aging out of.

He lost on his dream job. He couldn't even coach a 10-year-old at the ONE THING he was best at.

I am not making fun of him. It's really sad. I think he had to have been troubled. Screaming from the top of the mountain about how great you are is the clearest sign that deep down you feel like a nobody.

Thanks for that research. Just confirms even more my impressions of him. Apparently, he needs to inflate everything about himself. May have nothing to do with this crime, but I'd never hire him in a million years. Because of lying, he got himself into a mess, guilty or innocent. Same type of person in my own family. Will never change and can't be trusted. IMO.

I have one in my family, too. For years I thought she only lied to family, but it turns out she does it with everyone, including her employer. Because she is very charming and attractive, she was able to get away with it for some time, but it's catching up with her. She is now surrounded by people who are equally lacking in integrity and she was recently "released" by her employer. She's getting ready to move back across the country, to start fresh - again.

Thanks so much to the dedicated SM searchers who dig in & get tons of info for discussion. TYVM.

No matter how we may personally interp SM info imparts, it's quite revealing.
JW lists various race related accomplishments and skews them. Ditto high school sports (lacrosse? football?).
I hv/not personally seen much of his SM, just bits & pieces here, but IIUC, he gen'ly portrays himself as a 'racer' as if that is his career, his primary source of income, a way to make a living, rather than what some would characterize as an expensive hobby.
Not saying JW mis-repped himself totally, but ^ plus his stmts. to LE make me think his understanding of truth is fuzzy.

(Jodi Arias case followers may understand why JW brings to my mind Jodi saying, "I am an artist, a photographer"
when AFAIK, she was a waitress who never sold a piece of art and who used others' photos on her own SM, without ack'mt. Ending somewhat off topic comparisons.)

JM2cts, could be all wrong about this ^. And again, thank you Big Time SM Sleuthers - not just my opn on that.

Exactly! :loveyou:

Oh, man. You said in three sentences what it just took me three paragraphs to say!

I always have to catch up since I can't keep up. I never know whether to read back from last post to earlier or from where I left off to last post. The former ruins the narrative of the discussion for me and the latter means I commit postus primatus.

Heh heh - for what it's worth, when I got to yours, I thought yours was much more articulate.

Another tragic example about deportation of violent felons...... Makes me sick.

http://wn.ktvu.com/story/29472601/s...-of-felonies-deportations#.VZc7-ZaTBik.mailto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This troubles me too. He had a detainer from ICE placed on him when they turned him over to SanF. So much for sanctuary cites if they can't comply. Something needs done, he was already deported 5 times. I don't understand what happened to common sense in our country.

RSBM Reference to JW

Some say he ran into hiding because people on this site were speculating that he murdered. Others, like me, guess that he might be in protective custody. What you say?

My guess is protective custody or self protected absence. I give him a lot of respect for his decision to remain out of public view. Doubt if he could have ever imagined what was going on the in SS home. He probably cared for this family, had a happy and eager attitude. Somewhere deep inside me, I feel Mr SS liked him, Mr SS gave him a sweet job that allowed JW to enjoy his passion.

RSBM Reference to JW

My guess is protective custody or self protected absence. I give him a lot of respect for his decision to remain out of public view. Doubt if he could have ever imagined what was going on the in SS home. He probably cared for this family, had a happy and eager attitude. Somewhere deep inside me, I feel Mr SS liked him, Mr SS gave him a sweet job that allowed JW to enjoy his passion.

If my name had come up or I was even questioned in a high-profile murder, I'd lay low and remove my SM presence just to protect my privacy and sanity. Who wants press camped outside the house, personal musings published in the newspaper, etc. etc. etc. I doubt he is in protective custody.

"Originally Posted by rkf Oh, man. You said in three sentences what it just took me three paragraphs to say!"
I always have to catch up since I can't keep up. I never know whether to read back from last post to earlier or from where I left off to last post. The former ruins the narrative of the discussion for me and the latter means I commit postus primatus."

Heh heh - for what it's worth, when I got to yours, I thought yours was much more articulate.

I liked both posts.

Just some info I found this morning.

2011 JW placed 1st in Race 2 - April 13, 2011. I don't know why that wouldn't be mentioned here :/ Am I reading these things wrong? I'm confused. I probably have a case of wishful thinking. These races results are confusing to me. Why can't I find a simple chart of Who won What and When!
http://psgka.com/startkarting.php

Other stuffs:
You don't age out of Go Karting.
Superkart racing: most of the drivers are 40+
There are categories for 32+ and 40+

Twin 250cc 2 stroke motor, 90+ hp, can do 150+ mph.
Eddie Lawson 57, Wayne Rainer 54, Carl Fogarty 50.

Super Karting - 150mph for those of us who are "mature" in body, but not spirit! :D

The sport is also much less expensive than race car driving.
Things that would be costly are the same for anyone in or out of the sport: travel and accommodations!

You can find all the charts here: http://www.voltagp.com/2015-season.html Previous years are listed below the current championship points standings.

I was only comparing JW's statement on his bio with the published Volta Grand Prix results - not parsing his racing skill. On http://www.jtwallaceracing.com/bio/ (before it was removed) he says "In his rookie season of Sport Kart Racing he experienced great success finishing 3rd overall. During my 3-year tenure in Volta Grand Prix I have not finished outside the Top 3 in final standings with 2 Championships." His writing isn't very clear. I think he means in his rookie season of sport kart racing (2011?), he finished 3rd overall in the Volta Grand Prix series - not in ALL sport kart racing. A championship is determined by points in 14 race - there isn't a championship per race.

Bio — J.T.jpg

I agree it's common. But this wasn't his dating profile. He is trying to become a professional race car driver. He's trying to get sponsors. His bio is basically his resumé. If someone says he played lacrosse at UMass, but he only has Anne Arundel Community College listed under education on LinkedIn, not only does it look like he isn't truthful, it looks like he isn't very good at keeping his lies straight. (Even if he transferred, JW appears to be the kind of guy who would include UMass on his LinkedIn account, even if he only attended for 2 weeks. It was important enough to put it on the bio of one of his websites.)

We are making judgment calls (speculating) on people involved in this case from limited information. The thing about JW is that with very few exceptions, the only information we have about him has been supplied by him. If it turns out that he is pretending to be someone he is not, it speaks to his mental health, his integrity and/or arrogance. It takes ba11s to make up stories and deliver them so convincingly that people don't question them. Pretty soon, the stories become "facts" until someone with nothing better to do with her time looks into them. :) JMO

This gets to me that anyone lies on their resume because it's risky that it can all verified. I especially can't understand people who do it on the internet because it's even more easily verified and it's infinitely worse, because it's public.

But then I remember I watched a program where this woman said she had cancer, 8 brain tumors, 17 strokes, half of her face and ear removed and jaw worked on, all the while participating in deadlift competitions. NO SCARS and part of her head was shaved (*shuddering* beauty statement) so we could see there were no scars.

Insisting all of this even when faced facts that none of those things happened. A bunch of other delusions unrelated to health issues, and all were documented by the actual people involved as never having heard of her.

And then I remember again, the news stories of these mucketymucks in publicly traded companies who are hired and work for years and it turns out they lied on their resumes, but nobody bothered to check at the time.

All is eventually revealed. I'd rather feel slightly sheepish about putting my meager achievements, then being found out a liar.

I have one in my family, too. For years I thought she only lied to family, but it turns out she does it with everyone, including her employer. Because she is very charming and attractive, she was able to get away with it for some time, but it's catching up with her. She is now surrounded by people who are equally lacking in integrity and she was recently "released" by her employer. She's getting ready to move back across the country, to start fresh - again.

I knew someone in high school into the college years. (Actually dated him for a short while.) While he seemed to everyone like a happy-go-lucky, ambitious and handsome guy (a bit of an underdog, but that just made him all the more charming) it turns out he was actually really insecure beneath the surface. He spent a lot of time bragging and trying to look like he was richer and more successful than he actually was. (And this was before SM.)

You had to get very close to him to realize that he was not happy-go-lucky, but was instead pretty desperate--even angry when things didn't go his way. He ended up (along with his brother) burning down the house of a family whose son had spoken badly about him. The family wasn't home, but the dogs were. This was the quiet suburbs where things like this don't happen. He disappeared after that, only to show up years later married to a B actress. Until something happened and she bolted over night.

He made me uncomfortable, but I don't "think" he was evil. He was a desperate young guy obsessed with being seen as living large. And he couldn't get over that he wasn't all that he projected to the world. Under all his bravado, he felt like a nobody. I still can't reconcile the arson thing.

Another thing I just remembered, he became slightly obsessed with people whose lifestyles, achievements, images he coveted. Almost crush-like. Weird.

And another thing, he was class clown.

You can find all the charts here: http://www.voltagp.com/2015-season.html Previous years are listed below the current championship points standings.

I was only comparing JW's statement on his bio with the published Volta Grand Prix results - not parsing his racing skill. On http://www.jtwallaceracing.com/bio/ (before it was removed) he says "In his rookie season of Sport Kart Racing he experienced great success finishing 3rd overall. During my 3-year tenure in Volta Grand Prix I have not finished outside the Top 3 in final standings with 2 Championships." His writing isn't very clear. I think he means in his rookie season of sport kart racing (2011?), he finished 3rd overall in the Volta Grand Prix series - not in ALL sport kart racing. A championship is determined by points in 14 race - there isn't a championship per race.

View attachment 77591

And none of this meshes with the stated number of years he'd been karting, which he alternately said (in 2013 and 2014) was 4, 8, and 10 years.

I think the person who said if it's not on SM, it didn't happen was joking - that seems to be the attitude of a lot of people, particularly some young people.

JW curated an extensive SM presence before he took everything down. However, I didn't see anything from before 2013, and there is virtually no information of how he spent his time between birth and 2013. He has made statements that should be easy to verify, but are not - not criminal stuff, just high school athletics, hobbies, winning a spelling bee - normal life stuff. Given that he seems to be the type of person who likes a lot of attention, I wonder why there isn't any information about his life before a few years ago. Was he shy before that? I find it disturbing that almost every statement I have read from his websites/facebook/interviews is either unverifiable or untrue. I understand some people don't think lying is a big deal, but I think lying shows someone is either hiding something or creating a false reality.

You can see the bio from his J.T. Wallace Racing website here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc3w3b716sin6xf/Bio — J.T.pdf?dl=0

JW's statements:
As a teenager, he competed at the highest levels of athletics, which led him to playing Lacrosse at the University of Massachusetts. (There is no record of him ever playing lacrosse at Annapolis High School or any other high school. There is no record of him ever attending University of Massachusetts at any of the campuses.)

In his rookie season of Sport Kart Racing he experienced great success finishing 3rd overall. During my 3-year tenure in Volta Grand Prix I have not finished outside the Top 3 in final standings with 2 Championships.
There is no record of him winning any championships and in the three years he competed, he finished 10th (2013), 2nd (2012) and 3rd (2011) in the Volta Grand Prix Championship Series.

Most recently Jordan completed the Skip Barber 3 day racing course at Sebring International Raceway, in the MX-5 Miata cup cars, where he finished top of the class and now posses a SCCA Competition License.
There is no record of JW or anyone else finishing top of the class.
"Upon the successful completion of this school, drivers will be eligible for an SCCA regional competition license (SBRS will issue a letter of recommendation based on the driver’s performance at the school. The charge for the letter is $225.00) and/or Skip Barber Advanced Activities." http://skipbarber.com/three-day-racing-school/

Jordan was then invited to be a finalist in the Skip Barber Karts to Cars Shootout which took place over 3 days down at Sebring as well, where I competed against some of the best young talent in racing from around the world, while getting and even greater education from the great guidance at Skip Barber.
One is not "invited to be a finalist" in the shootout. One applies and is either accepted or rejected. JW lied about his age, as he was 28, not 25 during this scholarship competition.
Maximum eligibility:
1. No professional racing experience
2.Maximum of 2 Race Weekends in the Skip Barber Race Series
3. Participants must be at least 13 years old
4. Maximum of 12 advanced activity days from the 2014 to 2015 Skip Barber Karts to Cars Scholarship Shootout http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/110439-insight-the-skip-barber-karts-to-cars-scholarship
He came in last in every race in which he competed except 1, when he came in second to last.
http://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Race/23759

JW has also stated elsewhere that he was named "Rookie of Year for Arena Car Racing USA". His rookie year, 2013-2014, Cam*** Test**** #17T was named Pro Series Rookie of the Year. Someone else was named Youth Series Rookie of the Year. http://www.arenaracingusa.com/points-2013-2014/
BBM

As a shy, very-behind-in-my-work individual (who is slogging through writing work reports that I aspire to produce with the highest technical and language standards, and doing so on a holiday to hopefully move towards removing the "very" in my self-description), this is my first post here after lurking/reading since May.

Among the multitude of horrifying aspects of this tragedy that I cannot bring myself to comment on, what I find myself hung up on today is the bizarre writing in JW's bio (first link in rkf's post above).

I can forgive the subject-verb disagreement in the first sentence of his bio, but what is with the switching from 1st to 3rd person even within the same sentences??? :banghead: This was not a dashed-off FB post, this was something he was putting out there to try to further his career.

Not sure what this speaks to. Stupidity? Poor English instruction at AA HS? Grandiosity in that he likely did not have anyone else proofread important and career-related writing he published on the internet? IMHO

As a shy, very-behind-in-my-work individual (who is slogging through writing work reports that I aspire to produce with the highest technical and language standards, and doing so on a holiday to hopefully move towards removing the "very" in my self-description), this is my first post here after lurking/reading since May.

Among the multitude of horrifying aspects of this tragedy that I cannot bring myself to comment on, what I find myself hung up on today is the bizarre writing in JW's bio (first link in rkf's post above).

I can forgive the subject-verb disagreement in the first sentence of his bio, but what is with the switching from 1st to 3rd person even within the same sentences??? :banghead: This was not a dashed-off FB post, this was something he was putting out there to try to further his career.

Not sure what this speaks to. Stupidity? Poor English instruction at AA HS? Grandiosity in that he likely did not have anyone else proofread important and career-related writing he published on the internet? IMHO

Welcome, MDCat! Great first post. Hope you post more!!!

:goodpost:
:welcome:

Unfortunately, I agree. I think it was totally appropriate for JW to be called out for lying to LE in this case. But, IF, he had no knowledge that the money was not for the dojo (unlikely, but possible) I would feel bad for him because he was losing in life and his actions in this case have ripped away any hope for a better future. I don't think he's getting employed anytime soon, and even just from a personal esteem standpoint, how could he live with himself after lying like that?

The illusion he was creating on SM vs the reality of his life is pathetic. (I don't mean that it's lame that he posturing. I'm very genuinely talking about how depressed, desperate and hopeless he must have felt.) I thought the one thing in his reality that even slightly matched up to the "lifestyles of the r and f" image he portrayed was his BMW. And, now, to find out, it was his mom's car?

He had nothing. He was building his life and image around an expensive hobby that he couldn't afford and was aging out of.

He lost on his dream job. He couldn't even coach a 10-year-old at the ONE THING he was best at.

I am not making fun of him. It's really sad. I think he had to have been troubled. Screaming from the top of the mountain about how great you are is the clearest sign that deep down you feel like a nobody.

I think he can live with himself for lying like that because he lies like that all the time. It is how he conducts himself in life. I would be mortified. But liars I know aren't embarrassed when they are challenged - they get angry and double down, even though the more they try to force you to believe the story, the crazier it gets.

I agree. I'm not sleuthing him for sport - I'm trying to figure out who he is - basically an impossible task. What I'm finding seems to show he was in a desperate place. Desperate people do things they wouldn't otherwise.

Autobahn really was a god-send, and then he lost it. From what we know, he spent a lot of time trying to create his persona/career, which left little time for working at some other job to pay the bills/racing expenses. I'm leaning toward his job with SS being a part-time, limited stop-gap gig (at least as far as SS was concerned.) JW wasn't interested in making a living at some other job and spending his disposable income on racing. The only "career" acceptable to him was "race car driver". Heck, what aspiring actor doesn't work as a bartender/waiter/uber driver until they can make a living as a paid actor? Unless you come from money, you have to do what it takes to support yourself, while simultaneously working toward your dream job.

It is sad. I can't figure out if it's sad that JW found something he loves, but found it too late, doesn't have the family money needed to pursue it as a vocation/an avocation, isn't a late-blooming prodigy that can out-race people who have been doing it since childhood OR if it's sad that he believes if he could just get a break, he would rise to the top of the racing world.

It would be sad if a woman began dancing at 18 and at 28, thought she could eventually make it to prima ballerina in a major company. It would be sad if a man first picked up a basketball at 18 and at 28, thought he could eventually make it to the NBA. Even people who start as children, have family support/mentors and ascend to ever more competitive levels have an infinitesimal chance of making a living as ballet dancers/basketball players. If JW had come out of nowhere and was getting noticed for trouncing the competition, I can see how he would entertain the fantasy that he was that one in a million.

But has she slaughtered any families over it? Her boss fired her---do you think she might kill his family in retaliation?

eta: Not trying to be flip- just saying it is a long way from being deceitful and arrogant to being a mass murderer

If my name had come up or I was even questioned in a high-profile murder, I'd lay low and remove my SM presence just to protect my privacy and sanity. Who wants press camped outside the house, personal musings published in the newspaper, etc. etc. etc. I doubt he is in protective custody.

Me, too, but I don't think he has the self-control to stay off SM for two months. I think he can't post.

I think he can live with himself for lying like that because he lies like that all the time. It is how he conducts himself in life. I would be mortified. But liars I know aren't embarrassed when they are challenged - they get angry and double down, even though the more they try to force you to believe the story, the crazier it gets.

He might actually believe his own lies. For instance, I can't understand why he would lie about something like having accompanied the acct into the bank and witnessing the transaction when he would so easily be found out. I start to wonder about his grasp of reality.

I agree. But it bugs me when I have a typo in one of my WS posts!

The way that is written shows me a lot of things (inferring):
1. He doesn't have anyone with writing skills to proof-read his web content before he posts it.
2. He doesn't think he needs proof-reading and doesn't see the errors.
3. He doesn't write well.
4. He either doesn't understand how rankings, points and championships work or he counts on his readers to not know.
5. He lies/embellishes/exaggerates details that can easily be fact-checked.

*Does the inconsistent 1st and 3rd person sentence structure mean anything psychologically? Skigirl?

-"Moving forward, he began to explore my interest in speed at age 18 by attending a Stunt Drivers Certification course."
-"As my racing career progressed, he attained a Superlite Truck license and national competition license."
-"Jordan was then invited to be a finalist in the Skip Barber Karts to Cars Shootout which took place over 3 days down at Sebring as well, where I competed against some of the best young talent in racing from around the world..."

JW's last remaining SM...

If you're interested, JW's Vimeo web series "The Season of Mojo" in 3 parts is still up: [video=vimeo;59521797]https://vimeo.com/59521797[/video] The most recent was uploaded a year ago, although there is a little video for Broke Racers Club uploaded 10 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1