DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you could be right. The way he presents himself on SM paints him to be pretty arrogant. Maybe he lives in a reality that doesn't adhere to rules and facts. Maybe he believes he is above all that.

He felt like he deserved to race, even if he was ineligible, so just lied that he was 25.

He felt like he deserved to be rich and famous, even though he didn't have the money to pay for racing gigs or the wins to substantiate that, so he just made up some wins and booked the races without paying the money.

He felt he deserved to flaunt his connection to the S's wealth to up his own image, without having had the privilege of being born into it or having to trudge for it.

He felt that he was above being caught when he lied about things that could so obviously be checked out in a heartbeat.

Maybe he believes he is special and can get away with things the rest of us can't.

Wonder why he got fired from the go kart place.

I would also love to know the details of his "separation" from the kart place. It seems to have been love and roses between his boss and him up through 2014, with his boss saying things like, 'he was a natural' and giving him lots of responsibility and commenting on his charisma. JW had work events planned on eventbrite through March -- group race coaching -- and then, bam, he was gone. Total speculation, but I would guess either theft or lying, but I'm leaning toward theft since his boss seems to either have not noticed his exaggerations about his racing past or just didn't care.

I still think that JW is more of the variety of people who lie for a reason, though; self-aggrandizement or self-protection; and just don't realize that other people aren't stupid, just polite.
I agree. I think he lies frequently for various reasons, and not necessarily for good reasons. For example, after explaining how he left the money in the Mosler, he may have been asked if he locked the car. Saying "yes" to that question may have seemed like the "responsible" thing to say. Mothers and teachers and everyone in the world scold people who don't lock things.... "did you lock your bike, JW?" ... "did you lock the front door JW?"... being a habitual liar, he may have said "yes" about the Mosler because he always says yes about locking things. It may have seemed particularly irresponsible if he admitted not locking car door, knowing value of the packet he had placed.

-"Moving forward, he began to explore my interest in speed at age 18 by attending a Stunt Drivers Certification course."
-"As my racing career progressed, he attained a Superlite Truck license and national competition license."
-"Jordan was then invited to be a finalist in the Skip Barber Karts to Cars Shootout which took place over 3 days down at Sebring as well, where I competed against some of the best young talent in racing from around the world..."

Snipped for focus.

Perhaps someone did a rough draft for him and he edited himself. Or maybe he was copying another's resume and edited without regard for the correct person indication. Definitely not something an astute, educated person would do. However, I am amazed at how lax the younger generations can be on the written word which is probably due to the abbreviated SM aspects of communication.

OK, so here's something to ponder. He has claimed to have played football for Annapolis High. I understand that AH has a good football program, i.e., that it's important locally, that it's competitive to be on the team and so-forth. I also think (but do not know) that at least local newspapers sometimes cover football, especially ones with good football teams. (I went to a school with a BAD football team and a relatively indifferent town and student body and I can still find articles online through the local paper about football).

Question 1) (should be easy to answer): Are there any articles about Annapolis High football online from 2001-2005?
Question 2) Is he mentioned?
Question 3) Are there other high schools in Annapolis, maybe a parochial school, with Annapolis in the name, and was he on *that* team?
Question 4) Same as above for lacrosse.

I can't take credit for the above ideas, but I think they are interesting and with a little effort, answerable.

Just some info I found this morning.

2011 JW placed 1st in Race 2 - April 13, 2011. I don't know why that wouldn't be mentioned here :/ Am I reading these things wrong? I'm confused. I probably have a case of wishful thinking. These races results are confusing to me. Why can't I find a simple chart of Who won What and When!
http://psgka.com/startkarting.php

Other stuffs:
You don't age out of Go Karting.
Superkart racing: most of the drivers are 40+
There are categories for 32+ and 40+

Twin 250cc 2 stroke motor, 90+ hp, can do 150+ mph.
Eddie Lawson 57, Wayne Rainer 54, Carl Fogarty 50.

Super Karting - 150mph for those of us who are "mature" in body, but not spirit! :D

The sport is also much less expensive than race car driving.
Things that would be costly are the same for anyone in or out of the sport: travel and accommodations!

Thx! I guess it was just a certain competitions that he had aged out of (but lied about in order to compete).

I totally understand that go-karting is not as expensive as other forms of racing. But, heck, I can't afford a trip to Italy right now because my hot water heater broke and I need a new gate and medical stuff. Anything is expensive when you can't afford it. He booked his Italy trip and race but had not paid for. Who knows but maybe he was going to get the money somehow before that summer race working for SS or from his parents or a sponsor or something. I thought I read somewhere that Autobahn was actually to sponsor him in races. Maybe that was how he was intending to pay before he got fired.

I agree. I think he lies frequently for various reasons, and not necessarily for good reasons. For example, after explaining how he left the money in the Mosler, he may have been asked if he locked the car. Saying "yes" to that question may have seemed like the "responsible" thing to say. Mothers and teachers and everyone in the world scold people who don't lock things.... "did you lock your bike, JW?" ... "did you lock the front door JW?"... being a habitual liar, he may have said "yes" about the Mosler because he always says yes about locking things. It may have seemed particularly irresponsible if he admitted not locking car door, knowing value of the packet he had placed.

BBM

Not as egregious if he shut the garage door, though. (If he just thought he was dropping off a package/cash for SS not DW.) Who else could have opened the garage? (It sounds like it was more complicated that most.) I'm still not sure which of JW's stories are accurate. And it still doesn't make sense to me why he would put the package in the red car rather than next to the inner garage door, on a shelf, whatever... I wish I understood the reasoning/purpose behind the lies. Even if I don't agree with why he did it, I'd like to know what he was thinking. JMO

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/07/02/mansion-murders-suspect-in-court-foreman-dnt-lead.cnn

Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko

"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist? "

IMO after over seven weeks since the crime, that other evidence does not exist. That's why Hanover said his defense at the prelim was going to be that early on LE was saying that Wint probably had help.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...n-dc/29606581/

Thursday's hearing lasted just a few minutes, with no new evidence revealed in the murders. But Hanover hinted that he would have built a case on police statements, arguing that it's unlikely Wint could have held the family and extorted $40,000 from the wealthy executive alone.

IMO that meant LE is going to abandon the early theory and now, based on seven weeks of analysis and investigation, go with the theory that Wint worked solo. He kicked in the door, subdued the women and child, demanded money and after he got it beat his captives to death with the bat

Thx! I guess it was just a certain competitions that he had aged out of (but lied about in order to compete).

I totally understand that go-karting is not as expensive as other forms of racing. But, heck, I can't afford a trip to Italy right now because my hot water heater broke and I need a new gate and medical stuff. Anything is expensive when you can't afford it. He booked his Italy trip and race but had not paid for. Who knows but maybe he was going to get the money somehow before that summer race working for SS or from his parents or a sponsor or something. I thought I read somewhere that Autobahn was actually to sponsor him in races. Maybe that was how he was intending to pay before he got fired.

The Karts to Cars competition (where he said he was 25 instead of 28) doesn't have a maximum age - at least not officially. But the other students were aged 20 - 13.
17 students including JW (who for some reason is not on any of the "rosters" but can be seen in photos and in the results.)
20 - 1
18 - 6
17 - 1
16 - 2
15 - 2
14 - 3
13 - 1

Race results: http://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Race/23759
More info on the class/competition: http://www.worldkarting.com/index.p...ts-to-cars-scholarship-shootout-date-location
http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/110439-insight-the-skip-barber-karts-to-cars-scholarship

I agree. But it bugs me when I have a typo in one of my WS posts!

The way that is written shows me a lot of things (inferring):
1. He doesn't have anyone with writing skills to proof-read his web content before he posts it.
2. He doesn't think he needs proof-reading and doesn't see the errors.
3. He doesn't write well.
4. He either doesn't understand how rankings, points and championships work or he counts on his readers to not know.
5. He lies/embellishes/exaggerates details that can easily be fact-checked.

*Does the inconsistent 1st and 3rd person sentence structure mean anything psychologically? Skigirl?

-"Moving forward, he began to explore my interest in speed at age 18 by attending a Stunt Drivers Certification course."
-"As my racing career progressed, he attained a Superlite Truck license and national competition license."
-"Jordan was then invited to be a finalist in the Skip Barber Karts to Cars Shootout which took place over 3 days down at Sebring as well, where I competed against some of the best young talent in racing from around the world..."
IMHO his fragmented personality seems so painfully obvious (while reading his bio). He seems to have lost touch with his authentic self, probably from years of projecting an image of the successful racer dude, which in REALITY isn't true. The back and forth from 1st to 3rd person (in same sentence) is really, really weird, and actually, kind of spooky.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/07/02/mansion-murders-suspect-in-court-foreman-dnt-lead.cnn

"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist? "

IMO after over seven weeks since the crime, that other evidence does not exist. That's why Hanover said his defense at the prelim was going to be that early on LE was saying that Wint probably had help.
IMO that meant LE is going to abandon the early theory and now, based on seven weeks of analysis and investigation, go with the theory that Wint worked solo. He kicked in the door, subdued the women and child, demanded money and after he got it beat his captives to death with the bat

If LE has changed their mind (my opinion is they haven't but just an opinion), won't they present a different narrative at trial? Will it matter that at first they thought he had help (because of the egregiousness, control of 4 people, etc.) Couldn't the prosecution just say they thought one man couldn't be evil enough to commit these crimes alone, but since then the evidence has shown only his DNA, blood on his shoe, etc.?

My theory is that LE knows who else was involved, may even have them in custody, but is waiting for RICO or similar charges to come together. I don't know at what point they will be ready - seems like the longer they wait, the further they can reach into the conspiracy/tie others to the crime, perhaps related to the extortion, grand theft, et al.

I'm taking everything said by former LE with a grain of salt. Their experience is helpful with profiling, general expectations, but they don't have access to the evidence for this case. They are speculating like us, only perhaps more informed, experienced speculating. :)

IMHO his fragmented personality seems so painfully obvious (while reading his bio). He seems to have lost touch with his authentic self, probably from years of projecting an image of the successful racer dude, which in REALITY isn't true. The back and forth from 1st to 3rd person (in same sentence) is really, really weird, and actually, kind of spooky.

I agree. But I think it must go back further than his racing persona. I feel like he must have exhibited that kind of behavior earlier in life, certainly high school and the years after. Perhaps even earlier. What did he focus on before he found racing? Football or lacrosse? Music, acting? Something where other people's affirmation was necessary for success?

I wonder if he wasn't living somewhere else before 2013. It seems like however he was spending his time, it would not have gone unreported, even if just as inclusion in a roster or cast list. JMO

It does read in a very bizarre way! But I am kind of thinking it is just really sloppy writing. It seems like he took a skeleton bio that someone else had (or he had) previously written in third person, then fleshed it out by filling in the details himself in first person. I think he just didn't know what he was doing. He probably read it and it sounded fine to him.

It does read in a very bizarre way! But I am kind of thinking it is just really sloppy writing. It seems like he took a skeleton bio that someone else had (or he had) previously written in third person, then fleshed it out by filling in the details himself in first person. I think he just didn't know what he was doing. He probably read it and it sounded fine to him.

He was the head of media relations at Autobahn. His linked in profile said "Competition Director and Company Spokesperson. Marketing and Advertising. I would be surprised if he would have been allowed to turn out that kind of prose for Autobahn. How could he be so oblivious to put that on his own website. Also, I'm assuming he or his girlfriend managed the websites (except Broke Racer which is still up), so if a typo/error was found later, they could have corrected it. I find it odd that it seems to have been thrown up there and never revisited.

May I ask why it must be proved that he killed all four? Thanks.

Because the underlying felony is a weapon so they must tie him to the weapon. Not all were killed by the same weapon, imo.

Wint was initially charged with felony murder while armed for the death of SS. We know a bloody ball bat was found and we know SS had been struck in the head. But this evidence alone is not going to get him convicted of all four deaths, imo, because other weapons were used.

I do not subscribe to the theory that nobody else was involved because no more arrests have been made. The prosecutor has already told the court in Wint's case that others were involved.

JMO

In the affidavit, prosecutors said they believe "all four decedents were held captive by Mr. Wint and others until the $40,000 was delivered to the Savopoulos's residence by [the witness]. After the money was delivered the four decedents were killed," the report states.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-murders-required-killer-affidavit/story?id=31241673

If LE has changed their mind (my opinion is they haven't but just an opinion), won't they present a different narrative at trial? Will it matter that at first they thought he had help (because of the egregiousness, control of 4 people, etc.) Couldn't the prosecution just say they thought one man couldn't be evil enough to commit these crimes alone, but since then the evidence has shown only his DNA, blood on his shoe, etc.?

My theory is that LE knows who else was involved, may even have them in custody, but is waiting for RICO or similar charges to come together. I don't know at what point they will be ready - seems like the longer they wait, the further they can reach into the conspiracy/tie others to the crime, perhaps related to the extortion, grand theft, et al.

I'm taking everything said by former LE with a grain of salt. Their experience is helpful with profiling, general expectations, but they don't have access to the evidence for this case. They are speculating like us, only perhaps more informed, experienced speculating. :)

You can get life in prison for being a look out as well. Maybe an accomplice phone was pinging during the pick up and followed jw to make sure authorities wasn't contacted. Or maybe they followed ss from the dojo to make sure he was solo.

He was the head of media relations at Autobahn. His linked in profile said "Competition Director and Company Spokesperson. Marketing and Advertising. I would be surprised if he would have been allowed to turn out that kind of prose for Autobahn. How could he be so oblivious to put that on his own website. Also, I'm assuming he or his girlfriend managed the websites (except Broke Racer which is still up), so if a typo/error was found later, they could have corrected it. I find it odd that it seems to have been thrown up there and never revisited.

Yeah, I hear ya. He did get fired, so maybe he wasn't up to his job on any level. I've noticed that there are all kinds of titles now for people who write FB posts and tweets for a company. Mostly Community Manager, or something like that. But sometimes they'll even be called Marketing Manager. It's really loose. The bio reads like a crazy person wrote it. Odd that he wouldn't think it sounded weird enough to change it, or that he would think he was improving it by writing some parts in first person. (Or, honestly, other posters could be right that it shows he can't identify Jordan Wallace as himself in any kind of consistent manner. That IS spooky!)

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...n-dc/29606581/

Thursday's hearing lasted just a few minutes, with no new evidence revealed in the murders. But Hanover hinted that he would have built a case on police statements, arguing that it's unlikely Wint could have held the family and extorted $40,000 from the wealthy executive alone.

You may be right. It could be that Wint won't out his compadres and LE can't find enough evidence to charge them but it doesn't jive with Hanover's statement that "Wint believes he was set up."

You may be right. It could be that Wint won't out his compadres and LE can't find enough evidence to charge them but it doesn't jive with Hanover's statement that "Wint believes he was set up."

The funny thing is that the Co part of DW and Co could very well be letting him take the fall. So, he could feel set up, even though he was there and, in fact, committed torture and murder. (SO unfair, he's thinking!)

Yeah, I hear ya. He did get fired, so maybe he wasn't up to his job on any level. I've noticed that there are all kinds of titles now for people who write FB posts and tweets for a company. Mostly Community Manager, or something like that. But sometimes they'll even be called Marketing Manager. It's really loose. The bio reads like a crazy person wrote it. Odd that he wouldn't think it sounded weird enough to change it, or that he would think he was improving it by writing some parts in first person. (Or, honestly, other posters could be right that it shows he can't identify Jordan Wallace as himself in any kind of consistent manner. That IS spooky!)

More like fan club organizer.

I think he was fired because he was an employee who thought he was a partner. A club promoter does not own the club but they do get a piece of the action.

Maybe he overstepped by thinking the autobhan new sign ups was due to him. Or maybe he was posting the bosses belongings on his fb account.

Unfortunately, I agree. I think it was totally appropriate for JW to be called out for lying to LE in this case. But, IF, he had no knowledge that the money was not for the dojo (unlikely, but possible) I would feel bad for him because he was losing in life and his actions in this case have ripped away any hope for a better future. I don't think he's getting employed anytime soon, and even just from a personal esteem standpoint, how could he live with himself after lying like that?

The illusion he was creating on SM vs the reality of his life is pathetic. (I don't mean that it's lame that he posturing. I'm very genuinely talking about how depressed, desperate and hopeless he must have felt.) I thought the one thing in his reality that even slightly matched up to the "lifestyles of the r and f" image he portrayed was his BMW. And, now, to find out, it was his mom's car?

He had nothing. He was building his life and image around an expensive hobby that he couldn't afford and was aging out of.

He lost on his dream job. He couldn't even coach a 10-year-old at the ONE THING he was best at.

I am not making fun of him. It's really sad. I think he had to have been troubled. Screaming from the top of the mountain about how great you are is the clearest sign that deep down you feel like a nobody.

I think JW's mental / life state is much more of a motive than DW's mental /life state. For DW, i feel like this was just another day in the life but perhaps a burglary went awry. For JW, things had come to a head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guttertroll