DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the perp(s) used weapons found at the scene, it leads credence to the idea that the murders weren't pre-planned. I think they expected to steal from an empty house, but were working off stale intel. JMO.

Then why didn't DDDW (and his accomplice) run out of the house as soon as he realized there were people inside? One or two women and a kid?? I would think "flight" would be the first response of DDW. Get out. Pick another house tomorrow.
More than a burglary IMO.

Yes that's him! So did JW have garage remote control? Would SS trust him with that?

I think if he would permit anyone to have access it would be his driver, but I think we don't know how intensive JW's driver job was. Friends say he drove SS and AS to events and performed odd jobs. You really wouldn't need your own remote control to do that. But another article says he drove SS to work. So maybe?

Anyway, something obvious, but still worth considering: if you needed a code to get in and out of the garage, LE will know whose codes were punched to get JW into the garage. And, they will know if no one entered the garage at all. (The earliest articles said that JW left the money on the porch.) We wrote that off as bad reporting. But anything is possible at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that's him! I just re-read what the contractor said:

In addition, June 5 interviews with contractors who were working on the Savopoulos garage at the time of the murders raised more questions about the accuracy of Wallace’s account of his delivering what the police call “ransom money” immediately before the murders and arson.
The contracting company who was hired by Savopoulos to enlarge the garage say that accessing it required using a coded electronic remote control system. “This I know for sure–you could not manually open or close those garage doors,” said Bill Davies, president of BDC Companies, a Washington, D.C. general contractor hired by Savopoulos to expand the garage from a two to three car bay structure. “You had to use an automatic remote control. It might have had a keypad but I don’t remember seeing one, I never entered from the garage doors, and I never knew an access code number.”

So did JW have garage remote control? Would SS trust him with that?

If you have a garage door controller, it's pretty easy to clone most of them. I wouldn't think AS would want JW having a remote to their garage since he'd only been working for SS for a short while. JMO.

Well we wanted more info. My thoughts are a few more details are getting out because the hearing is tomorrow.

It says a sword may have been used .... I would think it must have been used or it would not have been mentioned. Maybe they said "may' to lessen the shock, as if one could.

We previously thought they were bound to chairs with duct tape. The WP article mentions AS had evidence of tape on her body and V had evidence of tape on her chair. I wonder if after DW thought they were deceased he removed the tape in case there was evidence on it ... hard not to get prints on sticky tape. We know V was not dead then so she must have seemed like it. Also with SS being on the floor he either fell off the chair or wasn't deceased when the tape was removed and then tried to help. Maybe they "played dead" at some point to trick DW.

I wonder if maybe DW is singing like a canary .. remember he is.not afraid of LE.

These are just some of my thoughts.

Then why didn't DDDW (and his accomplice) run out of the house as soon as he realized there were people inside? One or two women and a kid?? I would think "flight" would be the first response of DDW. Get out. Pick another house tomorrow.

Good question. Could be they surprised him and he "reacted". Possible he was afraid they could identify him. Would make a lot more sense to go to trial for attempted burglary than felony murder, but I'm guessing he didn't think he would get caught.

If you have a garage door controller, it's pretty easy to clone most of them. I wouldn't think AS would want JW having a remote to their garage since he'd only been working for SS for a short while. JMO.

I agree especially since most cars were kept on the street or driveway, right? So it's odd that he would even admit to having it. With SS and AS dead who would know for a fact if SS gave it to him or if he took it.

From my earlier post:
"How does Mr S' call to a contractor fit in his flurry of calls Thurs. a.m.? Why call a contractor? What could he do re a currency withdrawal for Mr S? Or was it something legit & benign, like - to cancel or reschedule a Thurs meeting Mr S had w contractor or to meet on worksite for inspection. Was the contractor a social friend, more than a business partner?
Did Mr S make a cancel-the-meeting call as a help-me-emergency-plea to contractor? If so, was this Mr S' first emergency-plea calls? Or last? Maybe trying to fire the flare gun, so to speak, many times in multiple directions to enhance chances of someone recognizing the SOS
."

Yes, mos' def, could be.
Was Mr S' call to him a ruse trying to sound the SOS signal?
Was there another legit reason for the call? Cancelling a meeting? Asking for help in making the currency w/drawal?

AFIR It is not clear that SS called the contractor. It was reported that, Police documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. It is not clear who initiated the calls.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I agree especially since most cars were kept on the street or driveway, right? So it's odd that he would even admit to having it. With SS and AS dead who would know for a fact if SS gave it to him or if he took it.

Good point! He wouldn't need to get into the garage on a regular basis.

Well we wanted more info. My thoughts are a few more details are getting out because the hearing is tomorrow.

It says a sword may have been used .... I would think it must have been used or it would not have been mentioned. Maybe they said "may' to lessen the shock, as if one could.

We previously thought they were bound to chairs with duct tape. The WP article mentions AS had evidence of tape on her body and V had evidence of tape on her chair. I wonder if after DW thought they were deceased he removed the tape in case there was evidence on it ... hard not to get prints on sticky tape. We know V was not dead then so she must have seemed like it. Also with SS being on the floor he either fell off the chair or wasn't deceased when the tape was removed and then tried to help. Maybe they "played dead" at some point to trick DW.

I wonder if maybe DW is singing like a canary .. remember he is.not afraid of LE.

These are just some of my thoughts.

The tape was likely cut off or torn off by first responders when they removed the bodies from the chairs and evacuated them from the house. This was done fairly early in the fire and rescue operation and before crime scene investigators were on the scene.

Yes that's him! I just re-read what the contractor said:

In addition, June 5 interviews with contractors who were working on the Savopoulos garage at the time of the murders raised more questions about the accuracy of Wallace’s account of his delivering what the police call “ransom money” immediately before the murders and arson.
The contracting company who was hired by Savopoulos to enlarge the garage say that accessing it required using a coded electronic remote control system. “This I know for sure–you could not manually open or close those garage doors,” said Bill Davies, president of BDC Companies, a Washington, D.C. general contractor hired by Savopoulos to expand the garage from a two to three car bay structure. “You had to use an automatic remote control. It might have had a keypad but I don’t remember seeing one, I never entered from the garage doors, and I never knew an access code number.”

So did JW have garage remote control? Would SS trust him with that?

Would DW have gotten the code from SS and when he had JW call 10 minutes before arrival, go out and open the garage door so JW could access the red car?

Among the dozens of family photographs displayed throughout the house, there was one picture of Amy Savopoulos sitting on a park bench on a sunny day with her young son, according to the official. With the photo was a message from her to son: “I love you Philip. You are a wonderful son,” she wrote. And then she continued: “I am going to be just fine.”

What does this mean?...Is the implication by including that in the article that AS wrote it during the kidnapping? I'm not sure why it's mentioned in the article as AS writing on a photograph to her son that she's going to be fine seems like an odd detail to include, unless the writing may have been done recently or for some other reason that I can't think of.

Not to me. From msm stories, DW is the kind who not only doesn't shy away from encounters, he's aggressive. He's shown no fear in other areas, two women and a bedridden child would be nothing but leverage to him. People are tools to be used by subhuman psychopaths like him.

Tomorrow at 2 pm. IIRC it is the preliminary hearing, where the prosecutor has to lay out minimal information on the case, so it will be perhaps enlightening information to many questions/discussions/ :slapfight: we have had here. That Washington Post article http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/sword-may-have-been-among-weapons-used-in-savopolous-killings/2015/07/01/56c7d4c8-1ddb-11e5-84d5-eb37ee8eaa61_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_pl did enlighten and answer on TWO questions many had and discussed/ :slapfight: in that is stated

" tape also was stripped across a doggy door that led to the kitchen, keeping the family’s two dogs in the back yard.".....
"There were two safes at the home — one in the garage, the other in the house."

Why didn't DDW just lock the doggy door? Duct tape? Wow.
Did the S house have an Invisible Fence so the dogs stayed in the yard?
Or were the dogs roaming around the yard and street for 18 hours? Did the guy/ neighbor who said he saw something "odd", see the dogs roaming around knowing they were not dogs who were left outside and allowed to roam?

What does this mean?...Is the implication by including that in the article that AS wrote it during the kidnapping? I'm not sure why it's mentioned in the article as AS writing on a photograph to her son that she's going to be fine seems like an odd detail to include, unless the writing may have been done recently or for some other reason that I can't think of.

This is so sad. It is heart breaking no matter when it was written.

Good point! He wouldn't need to get into the garage on a regular basis.
I always though the call ten minutes prior to JW's arrival, was to give DW a heads up
to open the garage. IIRC JW said he closed the garage not opened.

Didn't the search warrant have photos in it? What was going on in that house? just horrifying.

The tape was likely cut off or torn off by first responders when they removed the bodies from the chairs and evacuated them from the house. This was done fairly early in the fire and rescue operation and before crime scene investigators were on the scene.

I see what you are saying, but the article said the police 'think' duct tape was used to subdue the victims. Wouldn't first responders/fire department tell the police or CSI'S?

It might just be the article writers wording or I am too literal cause I am tired. TIA.

AFIR It is not clear that SS called the contractor. It was reported that, Police documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. It is not clear who initiated the calls.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Facundo
Thanks for that clarification/correction, and I appreciate your giving link too. Apologies, my bad in stating Mr S phoned him.

The garage door openers were recovered in SS home per search warrant return

WASHINGTON — A document detailing items recovered during the May 14 search of the Savopoulos home shows investigators recovered hair, fibers, clothing, DNA and other forensic evidence.

Items handwritten on the search warrant return signed by Detective Damion Johnson include latent fingerprints, shoe prints, money, credit cards, bedding, trash bags and tape.

Also seized were all electronic devices in the home, including garage door openers, as well as the pizza box and pizza crust which led police to suspect Daron Wint.

The garage door openers were recovered in SS home per search warrant return

WASHINGTON — A document detailing items recovered during the May 14 search of the Savopoulos home shows investigators recovered hair, fibers, clothing, DNA and other forensic evidence.

Items handwritten on the search warrant return signed by Detective Damion Johnson include latent fingerprints, shoe prints, money, credit cards, bedding, trash bags and tape.

Also seized were all electronic devices in the home, including garage door openers, as well as the pizza box and pizza crust which led police to suspect Daron Wint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB