DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent several hours of my life researching the kinds of theft prevention systems typically installed on super cars since this horrible bloodbath happened, because the car features in the last few hours of the crime in ways that are totally f-ing BIZARRE.

I have seen that two factor access modes are pretty common.

I haven't seen any logging systems that tie a specific event to a unique key. The onboard electrical system seems to be pretty cool and possibly does event logging of access attempts. That would not require anything sophisticated. I have not found anything that describes the logging.
I've been retired for a couple of years, and may be out of practice at describing technical things in plain English. I hope this is 100% readable.

BBM: also did some research tonight and haven't found it either. Another poster brought this up many threads ago. Don't remember who.

Please stay on topic. This is not Abraham Shakespeare's thread. Thank you!

Evidently they can in Mississippi, but shh...don't tell anyone, okay? While researching another case I came across the wonderful world of stupid people posting selfies on facebook and conversations from prison at 3 and 4 in the morning.

How they're able to connect to the internet, do only smart phones are their own hotspot?

:wave: In this scenario with a smartphone one can connect to the net using 3G or 4G speeds for data or internet connection BUT data is limited to different amounts. 2mb - 10mb - up to unlimited data. The more data one uses the higher the fee.

Some smartphones are capable of using hot spots (not all) which allow multiple others to connect to the internet using data converted to Wifi. Both use data but allowing multiple connections uses data more quickly, costing more cash.

Hope that's not too confusing, I had day surgery today and not too responsible yet for posting. lol

I have spent several hours of my life researching the kinds of theft prevention systems typically installed on super cars since this horrible bloodbath happened, because the car features in the last few hours of the crime in ways that are totally f-ing BIZARRE.

I haven't seen any logging systems that tie a specific event to a unique key. The onboard electrical system seems to be pretty cool and possibly does event logging of access attempts. That would not require anything sophisticated. I have not found anything that describes the logging.

I've been retired for a couple of years, and may be out of practice at describing technical things in plain English. I hope this is 100% readable.

Perfectly readable. Thanks.

:wave: In this scenario with a smartphone one can connect to the net using 3G or 4G speeds for data or internet connection BUT data is limited to different amounts. 2mb - 10mb - up to unlimited data. The more data one uses the higher the fee.

Some smartphones are capable of using hot spots (not all) which allow multiple others to connect to the internet using data converted to Wifi. Both use data but allowing multiple connections uses data more quickly, costing more cash.

Hope that's not too confusing, I had day surgery today and not too responsible yet for posting. lol
I wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

I thought I had a good handle on the whole 'red bag' situation but if they were really looking for a "currency bag" wouldn't that mean that JW lied even MORE than he said he did because according to his "post-lied" account, the accountant pulled wads of cash out of his pockets, which Jordan placed in his *own* bag. He then took the money from his bag (after taking a picture of it in there) and placed it in a manilla envelope that happened to be in his car.

So, where did this other red bag come from that they are looking for in Wint's vehicle? A red currency bag from another crime? Or does the SW imply that LE thought the story about the manilla envelope was bogus and that JW left it in the mosler in a red bag? Or, or, or...?

If the "Red Bag used to transport US currency" (again, from the search warrant return for Wint Ford, in attachment A (items to be searched for), item 3) was just a standard bank money bag, as I believe it was based on the search warrant for Wint's vehicle, it raises at least a couple of questions. Why the switch to a manilla envelope? The red bank bag would have worked just fine. Why did JW arrive to meet the AIW employee at AIW to pick up a "package" with a bank money bag unless he knew exactly what he was picking up after the two went to the bank?

rkf - Drafting off your posts again and veering off on another angle. Yes, as you noted ^ "All Herschel backbacks have red stripe or red lining."

In earlier threads where this topic was so worn and ragged, it was nearly threadbare, someone said ~ could not have been a Herschel backpack or duffel, because it would be too big to transfer hand to hand or to put into a manila envelope (my approx paraphrasing).

For anyone who wants to look at other possibilities involving a smaller red-lined bag which may fit into a manila env., maybe into suit jacket pocket, Herschel has numerous 4" x 8" x 1" 'wallets' with "Signature striped fabric liner." http://shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/wallets/products/avenue-wallet-black
From quick skim of pix, hard to see wallet pix w lining exposed, like on ^ backpack pix.

IDK if this idea of smaller red-lined Herschel wallets, gives any traction in the currency transfer process but thought I'd throw it out there. And, LOL, it is 'out there.'
ETA: As birpu just posted, earlier discussion went off the rails re red-lined bag, says bank bag is more likely.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.
10200-00001-OS_01_5b96eb5f-77ac-41ec-b583-9eeea0e240db_medium.jpeg

I think the conversation went of the rails in part because someone thought the red lined bag had to fit in a manila envelope. That was never said - just that JW put the money in the manila envelope. He didn't say specifically he took the money out of the red lined bag and put it in the envelope, which I think is what threw people. But he was backtracking pretty fast, so I think he may have missed a step in explaining how/where/when he dispersed the money. I would be surprised to find there was another red lined bag other than the backpack found during the SW, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. This case is already too crazy. JMO

If the "Red Bag used to transport US currency" (again, from the search warrant return for Wint Ford, in attachment A (items to be searched for), item 3) was just a standard bank money bag, as I believe it was based on the search warrant for Wint's vehicle, it raises at least a couple of questions. Why the switch to a manilla envelope? The red bank bag would have worked just fine. Why did JW arrive to meet the AIW employee at AIW to pick up a "package" with a bank money bag unless he knew exactly what he was picking up after the two went to the bank?

And to your point, if the currency was in a bank bag, why the two lies to police? One stating that the money was in a manilla envelope when he received it, and then the even stranger lie that he put the money into his own red bag, took a picture, and then put it in a manilla envelope. The accountant would say that JW had been given the money in a bank money bag, wouldn't s/he, so why bother with the lie? And such a strange one, at that?

The only thing that makes even the tiniest big of sense to me is that the money was split up and there never was a manilla envelope (since really, why would JW have one of those in his car?). Or else LE had information that the money left the bank in a money bag and were putting that on any search warrant that seemed to make sense. Still, under that scenario, JW has told a lie that is easily uncovered since the bank would know the truth and so would the accountant. Curious.

The search warrant return for Wint Ford, in attachment A (items to be searched for), item 3, says "Red Bag used to transport US currency" -

I think the whole red bag discussion went off the rails because of the "red lined" description in the original affidavit concerning JW. It sounds like they were looking for a bank money bag - I'm thinking 4x10 inches or so, with a zipper. And red.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267779255/Return-After-Search-of-Ford

So you're saying the red bag that the accountant put the money in was different from the red lined bag that JW took a photo of the money in? That is crazy! You're not crazy. I just think it's crazy that JW was moving the money around between bags. Sounds like a shell game.

ETA: Wait, now I'm getting confused. We know JW took a photo of the money in a red lined bag. If the red bag is a different bag, then the accountant put the money in JW's red bag. JW then moved the money to a red lined bag and took the photo. Then he moved it back to the other red bag and put it in the manila envelope or he took the money out of the red lined bag and put it in the manila envelope? I feel like this can't possibly be this complicated. I wish we knew if the red lined bag is the same as the red bag. We know that the black backpack can't be the red bag, so maybe there is a bag still missing.

Thanks AA :)

IMO - the most reliable but not the only tool for finding someone incarcerated on the net is vinelink.com. Starting at the main page displays a map of different states which you select. After selecting, look for "search and register". Registering is not necessary but vinelink will contact you when an inmate is moved to another location.

https://www.vinelink.com

They may know by now, that was 5 weeks ago?

Makes me think that the theory around he people with him turning him (and the one arrested and held the "fifth" one) for the reward money. Hate to say it but what if they were prostitutes hired and part of "job" was money orders. They perhaps saw the news and realized who they were with and called the number?

Pure speculation but if Wint's attorneys are requesting names of people in convoy it makes me think he didn't really know them at al in the first place.

I don't think the backpack was red-lined. It was a black Herschel backpack. People on here tried to figure out if that could be the money bag in the text. I think what police were searching for in the SW for DW's Ford is the thing to focus on. It states "Red Bag used to transport US currency." That is a bank bag. I think the wording (red lined bag) in the original affidavit for JW was unfortunate. I think the text photo he sent was only of the interior of the bank bag. It was red. No way to know if the outside was also red, so the officer writing the affidavit said "red lined" to be super-accurate.

And off we went. :)

So you're saying the red bag that the accountant put the money in was different from the red lined bag that JW took a photo of the money in? That is crazy! You're not crazy. I just think it's crazy that JW was moving the money around between bags. Sounds like a shell game.

ETA: Wait, now I'm getting confused. We know JW took a photo of the money in a red lined bag. If the red bag is a different bag, then the accountant put the money in JW's red bag. JW then moved the money to a red lined bag and took the photo. Then he moved it back to the other red bag and put it in the manila envelope or he took the money out of the red lined bag and put it in the manila envelope? I feel like this can't possibly be this complicated. I wish we knew if the red lined bag is the same as the red bag. We know that the black backpack can't be the red bag, so maybe there is a bag still missing.

OK, I think I can help make it less complicated. Don't know if this is true or close, but it explains the bank bag and the polices' early suspicion:

1) Forget the manilla envelope.
2) Imagine that the accountant gave JW the money in a bank bag (easier to imagine than the accountant pulling the money from his/her pockets, isn't it?)
3) Imagine JW removing half the money from the bank bag and snapping a picture of it. Imagine him putting that bag on the floor of his car.
3) Now imagine him approaching the Mosler with the bank bag holding only half the money.

Uh-oh, forgot about that. Do you think my deleting my less-than-useful post is approp?

I was assuming the Herschel backpack was the red lined bag. It can't be the red bag. If there was a red bag, then there must still be a bag missing. That red bag could be anything from a bank bag to a duffel bag. It doesn't have to fit in a manila envelope, but it could. I can't wait until the prelim.

BBM. I think JW initially was pretending he didn't know what was in the package. After being confronted with the pix, he was afraid cops would locate or already had located the red bag and he needed an explanation for why he would still have the bag.

JMO

Found this:

http://www.traka.com/us/applications/access_control/vehicles_and_tools

It's basically called an access control system. Uses RFID/transponder technology. Keeps a log of access. Can be used for many purposes. Also think of hotel rooms and cruise ship cabins. When you use your key card, your access to the room is tracked. Isn't that the same type system that Jason Young tried to bypass in the murder of his wife?

I think the conversation went of the rails in part because someone thought the red lined bag had to fit in a manila envelope. That was never said - just that JW put the money in the manila envelope. He didn't say specifically he took the money out of the red lined bag and put it in the envelope, which I think is what threw people. But he was backtracking pretty fast, so I think he may have missed a step in explaining how/where/when he dispersed the money. I would be surprised to find there was another red lined bag other than the backpack found during the SW, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. This case is already too crazy. JMO

I agree. It went off the rails because some posters wanted to believe that the red bag was not missing (which could be a bad sign for JW) so they theorized that the money was in a red bag, which was inside an envelope. To the point, that some were saying it would only make sense for JW to carry around his own red bank bag so that he could collect receipts for the transactions he did for SS. That is all bogus.

Added: JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is only one red bag. A "Red Bag used to transport US currency" that was listed as an item to search for in Wint's Ford. I don't think LE was ever looking for anything else. They FOUND a black Herschel backpack in JW's BMW. If that was the item they were looking for, why were they still searching for it (a "Red Bag used to transport US currency") when they picked Wint up? I know the SW on JW's BMW was not executed until a few days after it was granted. But I don't think the black backpack is in any way related to the "Red Bag" they were trying to locate. I think the "Red Bag" was just a bank currency zipper pouch. Red. Text from inside the bag showed all red. Ergo, "red lined" - because how would you know if the outside of the bag was the same color if the text photo didn't show it?

I'm not convinced the red bag used to transport currency means a bank bag. I think LE means they're looking for the red bag that was used to transport the ransom money. When they searched JW's car, they were looking for a red lined bag. A week later when they applied for the SW for the convoy vehicles, they were looking for a red bag. That makes me think that the red lined back pack could have been the red lined bag, but after finding that bag, they were still looking for another bag - the red bag. Otherwise, if red bag and red lined bag are interchangeable, the back pack must not be the bag they were looking for. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284