DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow this guy knew about this wealthy family and targeted them. So there was only one guy! That is surprising but I bet when Savvas got home, Amy was tied up along with the maid so he had to cooperate. So in essence this guy killed 4 people for a pizza!

A WS poster definitely said it was probably a latino because they liked to use knives, and then jumped to the conclusion that it was probably a landscaper.

Don't the WS TOS forbid racial and ethnic slurs? Is there a moderator here? Because I have lost count of the offensive comments posted in this thread.....
Racism - a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
I don't think anyone thinks that in this case. We are all brainstorming, trying to make sense out of nonsense.
Honestly, I don't see why any offense would be taken. These circumstances are horrific. This is a crime forum where ideas are given. If you are offended, contact a Mod. In reality, I have a hard time believing anyone has intent on offending anyone.

Let's not get so PC we can't even mention someone ethnicity ..

Somehow this guy knew about this wealthy family and targeted them. So there was only one guy! That is surprising but I bet when Savvas got home, Amy was tied up along with the maid so he had to cooperate. So in essence this guy killed 4 people for a pizza!

They have NOT ruled out an accomplice.

Edited to add: He knew him through American Iron Works, where Daron has worked (per the press briefing). They did not say if they thought there was one guy or more, but said they weren't ruling out another offender. They did not go through the sequence of events and it was not for a pizza.

Connection through Ironworks business could also point to this being a hit planned by someone jockeying for SS's CEO gig or a disgruntled upper level employee. DDM may not have beef with SS but someone else at Ironworks may have....

I feel like this was a planned hit that went out of control when perps decided they wanted cash and a fancy car. They weren't supposed to be there that long.

This is awful. I'm from the area and I hope they catch this murderer soon.

Let's not get so PC we can't even mention someone ethnicity ..

I like this quote, "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there" Bill Kellogg

Connection through Ironworks business could also point to this being a hit planned by someone jockeying for SS's CEO gig or a disgruntled upper level employee. DDM may not have beef with SS but someone else at Ironworks may have....I feel like this was a planned hit that went out of control when perps decided they wanted cash and a fancy car. They weren't supposed to be there that long.

If this was an execution, they would have ran up to him as he exited his Porsche and shot him.

They have NOT ruled out an accomplice.

Edited to add: He knew him through American Iron Works, where Daron has worked (per the press briefing). They did not say if they thought there was one guy or more, but said they weren't ruling out another offender. They did not go through the sequence of events and it was not for a pizza.

I REALIZE it was not for a pizza but that is all he got out of this for killing 4 people!

A disgruntled employee may have wanted SS to suffer...he may have "paid" for the hit by letting the murderers take or extort whatever they wanted.

As a matter of public record, Daron D. Wint (various middle names, but most with birthdate in Nov 1980), Maryland cases. I will see if I can attach them here...Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 1.05.24 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-05-21 at 12.59.37 PM.jpg

Some aren't for him, as noted by the birth year.

Editing to add: Actually I think the others are him too, I presume typo with the birth year.

"An investigator who spoke on the condition of anonymity said Wint may have worked for one of Savopoulos' businesses, the Associated Press reported."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-murders-fire-found-pizza-box-dna-article-1.2230243

** Sorry if this is "old" news

If his employer didn't check his criminal record then we can expect the estate to file a lawsuit at some point. Also, if the bank circumvented procedure in withdrawing and delivering funds then they are likely consulting their attorney as well.

As a CPA, if I was the accountant involved in those Thursday morning phone calls, I'd be contacting my professional liability company as well....

How long have you been reading here? It has been discussed and explained that this latino/knives/landscaper comment was NOT made by a member here but rather was made by a (retired?) LE expert who was being interviewed. When there are few clues, the profilers always speculate about the perpetrator. The FACTS here were that the little boy was stabbed (maybe the others, too?) - there is a history of correlation between knife related murders and certain nationalities...there were landscapers working in the yard the day of the murders. Now we know the killer was a black male, not latino, not a landscaper - but it is not uncommon for profilers to make these kinds of statements and is in NO WAY a racial or ethnic slur.

This comment was made by a member here:
ETA: It began w/post #952 from the last thread:

MyBelle
MyBelle is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
Very interesting insights. Someone of latin descent would use a knife also knew gasoline was in the garage. Sounds like a landscaper to me.
Our landscapers never enter our garage. They haul and use their own equipment and gas.
+++++
That may have started out as some former FBI guy's quote, but it quickly became the opinion of some here at WS. I appreciate the fact that many here have good and pure motives, but do you really not hear what you're saying, when you just throw out there that a person of latino descent is probably a "housekeeper/landscaper/undocumented"?

All 3 were mentioned/implied on this thread. Someone mentioned that perhaps the slain housekeeper's spouse didn't alert authorities because he was "undocumented".

Lastly, suggesting that, "if you don't like the posts, don't read here" is just a mean and unnecessary thing to say.

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already. Regarding prior arrests, do we know if the suspect was convicted in any of them? TIA.

https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/601434181940486144

WANTED for HOMICIDE: Daron Dylon "Steffon" WINT. Call (202) 727-9099 or text 50411 if you see this individual. http://t.co/Kf1td9nWYR

Here is the latest poster that the DC Police Department has put out in reference to this case.

699bdf0891825cec3d660339d1051007.jpg

This comment was made by a member here:
ETA: It began w/post #952 from the last thread:

MyBelle
MyBelle is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
Very interesting insights. Someone of latin descent would use a knife also knew gasoline was in the garage. Sounds like a landscaper to me.
Our landscapers never enter our garage. They haul and use their own equipment and gas.
+++++
That may have started out as some former FBI guy's quote, but it quickly became the opinion of some here at WS. I appreciate the fact that many here have good and pure motives, but do you really not hear what you're saying, when you just throw out there that a person of latino descent is probably a "housekeeper/landscaper/undocumented"?

All 3 were mentioned/implied on this thread. Someone mentioned that perhaps the slain housekeeper's spouse didn't alert authorities because he was "undocumented".

Lastly, suggesting that, "if you don't like the posts, don't read here" is just a mean and unnecessary thing to say.

Yeah well back at post #507 first thread mentioned ms13 should I be offended by that? I mean if I was a gang member. jmo idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiodial