DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the firefighters quickly extinguished the fire I think they found a whole hell of a lot there connecting him directly to the murders. A lot more than just his DNA found on the pizza.

If they had a lot more proof of it actually being him then they wouldn't have needed the DNA to place him there to begin with. They probably have a great deal of evidence to prove that a violent crime was committed as opposed to this being an accidental fire, but it sounds like he (and possibly whoever else) tried to cover their tracks using gloves, erasing security footage, etc., which is why they needed the pizza DNA to place someone particular on the scene.

Also if the scene is bloody as it probably is where the three adults were bound and torture his bloody fingerprints and even shoe impressions could be everywhere.

If they had his fingerprints, they wouldn't have needed his DNA to place him there. I don't think he put the gloves on just to eat the pizza.

really? I don't see this looking like a hit at all. this guy is a sadistic killer......but he's an idiot.

what kind of hitman leaves dna on pizza crust?

You really think a hired hitman would be so intelligent he wouldn't have made that mistake? Because I'm pretty sure others who have been convicted of being a hired hitman were caught because they left evidence. This guy is a former employee and also has a relative who was fired from AIW. He didn't just murder the victims, he tortured them. I seriously doubt he acted alone.

JMO

This report says the girlfriend was detained by police at a restaurant and that the cops are skeptical of her story:

Washington police issued an arrest warrant for Daron Dylon Wint on first-degree murder charges in connection with the May 13 quadruple murder and arson case.
Sources told CBS2 that Wint’s girlfriend was detained at a restaurant in Canarsie earlier Thursday. She told police Wint was headed back to Washington to surrender, but authorities are skeptical of her story, sources told CBS2.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/05/21/dc-quadruple-murder/

BBM. The killer(s) in this case waited for that money to be delivered.

JMO

So your theory is he was hired by someone who wasn't going to pay him, but he was welcome to whatever he could extort from the victims?

If they had a lot more proof of it actually being him then they wouldn't have needed the DNA to place him there to begin with. They probably have a great deal of evidence to prove that a violent crime was committed as opposed to this being an accidental fire, but it sounds like he (and possibly whoever else) tried to cover their tracks using gloves, erasing security footage, etc., which is why they needed the pizza DNA to place someone particular on the scene.

If they had his fingerprints, they wouldn't have needed his DNA to place him there. I don't think he put the gloves on just to eat the pizza.

Have you ever watched "forensic files?" With DNA, they already have lots more than some of the other cases got.
You don't need a witness to every act committed by a perp. Jury can put 2 and 2 together.

We have a Rottweiler who is supposed to act as a guard dog, but I'm pretty sure if anyone offered her smoked salmon she'd place them firmly in the 'best friend for life' zone.

if anything, his issues with the family/father were personal.......I am not saying he doesn't have an accomplice or more.

but I seriously doubt he was hired to do it. he had enough motivation on his own.

and the victims are paying for their own hit in this scenario, don't take this the wrong way, but that makes zero sense at all.

JMO

I don't believe he put the gloves on just to eat pizza, either. This was a well-thought, premeditated crime.

I think they fast tracked the pizza knowing if he ate it ......it would be the perfect way to get his DNA. Other evidence they amassed will take a lot longer for the results to come back.........even months normally. I think the biggest evidence they will find is on the bodies themselves excluding Philip since he was burned very badly but they still could tell he was tortured. I have always read and agreed the best evidence the state usually has is the victim themselves. Even though silenced in death they are still able to tell what happened to them and who did it.

I remember a case where a guy used gloves. The gloves left a unique pattern on the wall when he touched it with the victims blood comingled in it. They were able to find those gloves and an expert showed that the pattern of the gloves found at the murder scene matched the glove pattern. So he is not out of the woods even if he wore gloves because his DNA could be on the outside of the gloves because his hands were bare when he put them on. Plus saliva and sweat also leaves DNA behind or if his own body brushed up against them his skin cells may have been shed. So they most certainly may found his DNA elsewhere in the home and I think they will. They also may find foot impressions that he left when tracking through the blood of the victims. Also of course they may very well find hair samples that matches his dreadlocks there.

No one that is in a home for that long leaves without leaving something of themselves behind. He is not nearly as smart as he thought he was but then most of them never are. It will take the lab months to go through all that will be sent, imo. I think they will find plenty showing he is the one who murdered these innocent people.

So your theory is he was hired by someone who wasn't going to pay him, but he was welcome to whatever he could extort from the victims?

I'm saying he was hired by someone who knew the money was going to be delivered.

JMO

Okay.
We have channel 7 ABC news on. I wish I could link it...
They are reporting that this alleged dirt*** is in Brooklyn.
Thinking of turning himself in to DC police.
May be on his way back to DC.
Again, so sorry no link. To follow TOS. I will type IMO.

This report says the girlfriend was detained by police at a restaurant and that the cops are skeptical of her story:

Washington police issued an arrest warrant for Daron Dylon Wint on first-degree murder charges in connection with the May 13 quadruple murder and arson case.
Sources told CBS2 that Wint’s girlfriend was detained at a restaurant in Canarsie earlier Thursday. She told police Wint was headed back to Washington to surrender, but authorities are skeptical of her story, sources told CBS2.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/05/21/dc-quadruple-murder/

I do not think he will surrender.
He knows what's going to happen to him in prison, and he'll never get out. And I'm sure the GF loves him because "he's a good man" and she probably aided and abetted, knowingly or unknowingly.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be headed for my childhood friends. The ones who would do most anything for you and not ask questions until later, if ever. JMO

If you look at his Facebook friends, at least half don't work. ("Self-$employed") one hundred thousand dollars would be a real sweet payday. They're going to find this loser anyway...this is a chance for big money for someone..but only one person is going to nail it.

He'll be in a box for the rest of his life. No fear. Who will be first to step up for the 100 GRAND!

Have you ever watched "forensic files?" With DNA, they already have lots more than some of the other cases got.
You don't need a witness to every act committed by a perp. Jury can put 2 and 2 together.

When LE themselves says there might have been multiple perps, you have to have something that places the knife in this particular perps hands as opposed to the evidence only showing he was present in the house. Felony Murder seems far easier to prove as you don't have to prove this guy ever touched a knife or intended for anyone to get killed, just that he was a participant in the kidnapping while these people got killed during the commission of that crime. Murder and Felony Murder carrying the same penalties, just it is what is required to prove them. If you charge someone with straight Murder you have to prove they personally killed the people they're charged with killing (which admitting to kidnapping but saying it was someone else who did the actual killing would be a defense to a straight Murder charge), while with Felony Murder you have to prove the requisite felony was committed by the one charged and that someone died as a result of it (a defense to that would be that kidnapping for instance didn't happen, which I see as far easier to prove that a kidnapping took place with him taking part in that).

“We don’t know if he’s going to do it in a blaze of glory or just quietly call up and surrender,” said one police source. “We’re preparing for every eventuality. We don’t think he’s mentally fit.”

Tracking down the runaway Wint was “the No. 1 priority,” according to the police source.

While Wint remained on the lam after the slaughter inside a $4.5 million mansion, Washington police pinged his girlfriend’s phone and tracked her down, the sources said.

The unidentified woman was picked up at a Brooklyn fast food joint and brought to the 69th Precinct stationhouse, where sources described her as cooperative.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/quadruple-murder-suspect-believed-brooklyn-article-1.2230906

Mentions he has ties to Queens as well.

We have a Rottweiler who is supposed to act as a guard dog, but I'm pretty sure if anyone offered her smoked salmon she'd place them firmly in the 'best friend for life' zone.

I agree-if all the people Mr. Savopoulos talked to, while he was being held hostage & trying to drop hints, didn't pick up on his distress, we shouldn't blame the dogs. That's the only small shred of decency I can see in this situation, is that they weren't harmed as their family was.

As sadistic as he is, I'm surprised he didn't kill the dogs, too (but very glad that he didn't, since they will hopefully be a comfort to the daughters). And this is an unimportant detail, but I wonder if the dogs were in the yard when the lawn service people were there. They wouldn't have wanted to mow with dogs running around, so I wonder if they went to the door to see if someone could let the dogs in.

I'm saying he was hired by someone who knew the money was going to be delivered.

JMO

How could that be. He didn't even do this banking transaction until Thursday morning and the lowlife scum had been in the home for hours. Imo he is a loner. A sociopath who wanted what wasn't his to take.

I don't think there is one shred of evidence that shows anyone was in on this but DW.

No one knew the money was going to be delivered until the day it was delivered.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member