GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense hopes Wint’s testimony will prove the case they laid out in opening statements. They’re arguing Wint’s half-brother Darell Wint and brother Steffon Wint used his blue minivan to drive to D.C. where they killed the four victims and tricked Daron Wint into going to the house to pick up his minivan.

Wint admitted he was nervous. He rubbed his eyes and took a few seconds to collect himself while answering questions from his attorney.

Daron Wint testified that in the early morning hours of May 13, 2015 — the day the victims were taken hostage inside their home on Woodland Drive NW — he met up with Darell Wint, who told him he didn’t need his help with the job after all but wanted to borrow his minivan. He told jurors Darell Wint agreed to pay him $300.
DC Mansion Murders Suspect Daron Wint Testifies

“Wint testified he had the van towed because Darrell had earlier borrowed the van and then dropped him off without the keys. Wint said he later found the keys — inside the glove compartment — after it had already been towed back to the New Carrollton area.”

If DW had the van keys after all, how did his brother DrrW supposedly take the van from the dad’s home & burn it a couple days later?

DC mansion killings: Daron Wint on trial

“Wint testified he had the van towed because Darrell had earlier borrowed the van and then dropped him off without the keys. Wint said he later found the keys — inside the glove compartment — after it had already been towed back to the New Carrollton area.”

If DW had the van keys after all, how did his brother DrrW supposedly take the van from the dad’s home & burn it a couple days later?

Maybe he left the keys in the ignition? Or under the seat?
Hot wire it?
I have a neighbor who leaves keys in ignition in an old car...he thinks we live in Mayberry. Not.

JMO

Something that I saw in the media that I had not seen in the threads.

"A woman who worked at a restaurant near where the Porsche was found burning testified she saw Wint pacing near that area that afternoon. Wint told jurors that restaurant is where Darrell dropped him off and he was pacing because he was trying to pick up a Wi-Fi signal on his phone. "

Um, I I thought he said he didn't have a phone at that time also.

I think it's confusing because he had a device he just had no phone service, he had no service provider. He was only able to connect to WiFi and send messages and make calls through the FB app. He prob couldn't afford to pay the bill every month.

Last edited:
I’m here. My first time attending the trial. Most of the seats are reserved. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to stay all day but I’ll report back later with observations.

I believe there's an overflow courtroom they are piping audio to. The court did this for the Inauguration Day protest trials to accommodate those wanting to attend. You won't be able to see what's going on but at least you can hear it.

I believe there's an overflow courtroom they are piping audio to. The court did this for the Inauguration Day protest trials to accommodate those wanting to attend. You won't be able to see what's going on but at least you can hear it.
I got here early so I’m in the actual courtroom but they’ve been asking people to leave who are trying to take reserved seats. It’s packed in here.

I have heard that DC juries do not like to render guilty verdicts, but I hope this case will be different. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Absolutely not true. But we have many excellent defense attorneys in DC, a system that tries to ensure that all defendants receive a proper defense regardless of their income, and savvy juries that understand the government has to prove its case under an appropriately tough standard of proof.

I got here early so I’m in the actual courtroom but they’ve been asking people to leave who are trying to take reserved seats. It’s packed in here.

Good luck. Don't get your device conviscated by the marshals - only lawyers or court employees can use their devices in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1